Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#2087 May 24, 2013
Monday is BBQ and Farkel

Level 6

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2088 May 24, 2013
Can any body recommend any interesting web cite or blog you think 'fifty plus' should watch to enhance different aspects of their life (male or female)
Vick Torre

Jersey City, NJ

#2089 May 25, 2013
My memorial day now cancelled. 4 of us meeting at Dunkin Doughnuts on Sunday, to meet there Monday since the 4 of us single. Thid 72 yr old woman started arguing with me over George Bush. I was telling our little group about what eas on a news channel on a library opening dedicated to G.W.B. and the poll showing most people not liking that, so she started to argue ( as if this was my personal view) that G.W.B. won the election and deserves a library. I said his election was questionable. So as I tried to continue what was on this news report, she kept interrupting I guess to stop me from finishing. 2nd time I had an argument with her. The first was her saying swimming pool therapy was'nt good for arthritic people. So, I won' t sit with her. I don't want to spend my time and money at an eatery to argue. The other 3 we do alright in discussions. One of the othets no longer wants to sit with her either. Don't know how the holiday will go now.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#2090 May 25, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
My memorial day now cancelled. 4 of us meeting at Dunkin Doughnuts on Sunday, to meet there Monday since the 4 of us single. Thid 72 yr old woman started arguing with me over George Bush. I was telling our little group about what eas on a news channel on a library opening dedicated to G.W.B. and the poll showing most people not liking that, so she started to argue ( as if this was my personal view) that G.W.B. won the election and deserves a library. I said his election was questionable. So as I tried to continue what was on this news report, she kept interrupting I guess to stop me from finishing. 2nd time I had an argument with her. The first was her saying swimming pool therapy was'nt good for arthritic people. So, I won' t sit with her. I don't want to spend my time and money at an eatery to argue. The other 3 we do alright in discussions. One of the othets no longer wants to sit with her either. Don't know how the holiday will go now.
really doesn't make a diff who won Fla. it either way could be questionable ... but it is over! damn leave the EX alone .... you don't have to go to the library

thanks for letting your personal feelings spoil the theme of memorial day because YOU think or do you
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#2091 May 25, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
really doesn't make a diff who won Fla. it either way could be questionable ... but it is over! damn leave the EX alone .... you don't have to go to the library
thanks for letting your personal feelings spoil the theme of memorial day because YOU think or do you
No where did I say those were my personal feelings. Simply relaying what was said on a subday news program that day. Sure it don't matter about the ex president. Just was telling them its still being brought up. The others did'nt argue. Just her. I'm not the only one she argued with. She intriduced me ( previously) to a friend of hers. He was talking about swimming pool therepy for arthritis. She maintained its not good to do. Pardon me, but I'd take the advice og doctors and sport medicine practioners over her advice. I and her friend walked out on her. The group of seniors I went to breakfast with before- 6 years- none if us argued over issues like that. Maturity prevails. Not eith this woman. So there ud another senior woman going to join us. I have met her on 3 other occasions and enjoys my comoany. So the 4 of us agteed to lay some ground rules on her Monday, then leave her to herself. That was decided by one of my friends not long ago.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2092 May 25, 2013
missed a small point..... your personal feelings , of her opinion leads me to believe your cancellation of Memorial Day
is some how her fault
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#2093 May 25, 2013
tallyho wrote:
missed a small point..... your personal feelings , of her opinion leads me to believe your cancellation of Memorial Day
is some how her fault
What you missed, because you ' re not there nor know me well, is I trspect whatever a person votes for. I strongly support anyones right to vote for any canidate regardless of my views on any canidate. I said I was relaying a Sunday morning news program that still had some talking about G.W.B. NOT about my personal views on him. She interrupts conversatiins while not wanting others to interupt her. So I said that was a questionable vote in an attempt to move on with what was on that show and she kept talking over me
Now why fo you suppose the other 3 agree with me cancelling that days gathering? We are going to gather without her. To avoid further arguments. The rest of us get along just fine.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2094 May 25, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> What you missed, because you ' re not there nor know me well, is I trspect whatever a person votes for. I strongly support anyones right to vote for any canidate regardless of my views on any canidate. I said I was relaying a Sunday morning news program that still had some talking about G.W.B. NOT about my personal views on him. She interrupts conversatiins while not wanting others to interupt her. So I said that was a questionable vote in an attempt to move on with what was on that show and she kept talking over me
Now why fo you suppose the other 3 agree with me cancelling that days gathering? We are going to gather without her. To avoid further arguments. The rest of us get along just fine.
because old hens never let a new chick in the coop
and take an active part....
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#2095 May 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
because old hens never let a new chick in the coop
and take an active part....
We had enough henpecking! She's out!! We have a replacement. And she is like us- allows a person to finish what is being said. So we are back to a group of 4.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2096 May 26, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> We had enough henpecking! She's out!! We have a replacement. And she is like us- allows a person to finish what is being said. So we are back to a group of 4.
good for you the nazis started as two
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#2097 May 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you the nazis started as two
Why are you saying things like this? You defending someone you don't know. This woman spurned away her own family. She argues with everyone. We were being nice to invite her into our company. She was always alone in this place we go. We get repaid by her arguing with us. We all go to enjoy a pleasant afternoon. Not for arguing. I invited her to my home on Easter. She watched a movie with us. When a caption came up on screen, asked what it said. I told her. Then she complained about talking during the movie each time a caption appeared and we only spoke to say what the caption was each time since she could'nt see it! But you refer me to a nazi. You sound like a dictator.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2098 May 26, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you saying things like this? You defending someone you don't know. This woman spurned away her own family. She argues with everyone. We were being nice to invite her into our company. She was always alone in this place we go. We get repaid by her arguing with us. We all go to enjoy a pleasant afternoon. Not for arguing. I invited her to my home on Easter. She watched a movie with us. When a caption came up on screen, asked what it said. I told her. Then she complained about talking during the movie each time a caption appeared and we only spoke to say what the caption was each time since she could'nt see it! But you refer me to a nazi. You sound like a dictator.
because you see if the nazis didn't agreed with you , some how they seem to disappeared ...those who disagreed

you disagree with her POV so she must go..

you seem to exercise your American way , but you don't wish to let this poor little old lady her fair share
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#2099 May 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
because you see if the nazis didn't agreed with you , some how they seem to disappeared ...those who disagreed
you disagree with her POV so she must go..
you seem to exercise your American way , but you don't wish to let this poor little old lady her fair share
Hello? I said the rest of us get along fine. We don't always agree with each other. Just mature enough not to berate each other ovet disagreements. You never had the company of someone just out looking to argue? She told me yo leave the group. She tells me to leave our group. She was the outsider we invited to sit with us. Again, you're not there. I said she gets angry if interrupted but won't give us the same respect. See, its the otherway around. Not just I buy yhe other 2 don't want her with us. So one knows another lady who wants to go there with us. We had gone out before with the 3 of us. So now she'll be at Dunkin Doughnuts instead. A very pleasnt woman. That's what we are about. A group og 50+ that just want to dpend some pleadsnt times together, reflect on out past lives and current events. By being respectful of others views wether we agree or not. That's maturity. Not what the other one does.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2100 May 26, 2013
Adolph had Herman... Bonnie had Clyde
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#2101 May 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Adolph had Herman... Bonnie had Clyde
who do you have? You are making too big a deal on this. Simply an obnoxious woman who was invited into our company, feeling sad she was alone each week. 3 of us being nice to her so we invite her to be with us. She interupts anyone of us yet does'nt allow anyone to interupt her. She insults where we don't. So, we had enough of trying to please her, none of us enjoying the weekly gathering as we use to. Just one person ruining what was a nice afternoon of 3 over 50s people. That's all. You want to exaggerate. Compare a small social group to Nazi's !!! Preposturous. Ever hear of "being measured by the company you keep"? We are just a few people that had our share of troubles just looking to have a nice afternoon once a week that is trouble-free as possible for a short while. I'm sure there are those you met you no longer want to socialize with.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2102 May 26, 2013
A]. you keep trying to justify your social climbing status , not me [ I'm talking to a nit-picker now]
B]. I have a few friends and we don't sit and find fault with others and cast them aside if we don't like what they say/think/express

if you are the creme of the social snobs ,
well feel sorry for the village
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#2103 May 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
A]. you keep trying to justify your social climbing status , not me [ I'm talking to a nit-picker now]
B]. I have a few friends and we don't sit and find fault with others and cast them aside if we don't like what they say/think/express
if you are the creme of the social snobs ,
well feel sorry for the village
What a wackjob!!! I explained clearly that the rest of us have disagreements yet not argue over it! Shezzz... I'm not the only one not enjoying her among us. Yet you focus solely on me. No social status being sought. Just a few people seeking an escape FROM problems for awhile.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#2104 May 26, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> What a wackjob!!! I explained clearly that the rest of us have disagreements yet not argue over it! Shezzz... I'm not the only one not enjoying her among us. Yet you focus solely on me. No social status being sought. Just a few people seeking an escape FROM problems for awhile.
no you are the spokes person for your club...

put the rest on here I will tell them the same as you

you are a bunch of egotistical azzzzzzzes

does this mean I can't join???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min ImFree2Choose 45,277
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 9 min Luckys Mommmy 9,166
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 11 min T Bone 1,079
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 16 min Crystal_Clear722 8,988
The letter E (Jun '13) 20 min Princess Hey 941
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 21 min wichita-rick 20,583
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 30 min SweLL GirL 9,301
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 36 min DondoDork 61,596
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 40 min andet1987 125
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Northeast 201,108