“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3362 Oct 7, 2012
warren 123 wrote:
So glad this thread lives on. Everything is great in the Land of 123. Have a nice day!
hey Warren!!

I have wondered about you and your family...the internet is strange, you kinda get attached (to folks you don't really know, lol)

How about an update? How are the babes and also your teen son?
Very nice to 'see' you again

“Have a nice day”

Level 1

Since: Oct 07

Northern Ireland!

#3363 Oct 8, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Warren!!
I have wondered about you and your family...the internet is strange, you kinda get attached (to folks you don't really know, lol)
How about an update? How are the babes and also your teen son?
Very nice to 'see' you again
Hello! I often find myself doing the same thing, that's what always brings me back here.

An update, where to start!!!

Darren is very moody these days, but I suppose every teen is! He still disrespects his mother, he never can quite get over her leaving him as a baby, I try to explain, he has tried to forgive but he is finding it hard.. Although I see a lot of good in him and I know he will grow into a very nice young gentleman..

Aaron is at nursery school now, very clever child, but then again, maybe I am biased :)

The twins are mayhem, but it is really fun, with my job I get to help out a lot and be at home so it is great, I love my family!

My wife is great too, always tired but I know having such young kids is very tiring and even when she snaps at me for being too happy all the time (yes she actually does that) I still love her the same..

Well that was a marathon post, I intend to stay around here when I get the time, thank-you for your question..

I can't leave this post without saying..... Have a nice day!!!!

#3364 Oct 8, 2012
warren 123 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello! I often find myself doing the same thing, that's what always brings me back here.
Darren is very moody these days, but I suppose every teen is! He still disrespects his mother, he never can quite get over her leaving him as a baby, I try to explain, he has tried to forgive but he is finding it hard.. Although I see a lot of good in him and I know he will grow into a very nice young gentleman..
Aaron is at nursery school now, very clever child, but then again, maybe I am biased :)
The twins are mayhem, but it is really fun, with my job I get to help out a lot and be at home so it is great, I love my family!
My wife is great too, always tired but I know having such young kids is very tiring and even when she snaps at me for being too happy all the time (yes she actually does that) I still love her the same..
Well that was a marathon post, I intend to stay around here when I get the time, thank-you for your question..
this is so nice to read, love your family!
I'm sure mama is very tired, I remember when I had 3 under the age of 5, would struggle with that now, of course, but even though she fusses, I'm sure your positive nature really does help her to get on...
I am very glad you 'found' your teen when you did. He needs you, a man to model, and I believe he will find his way because of you. I am glad I don't remember the exact angst I lived, but every day as a teen is so HARD!! lol
I sure hope you keep coming back and letting us share in your life, very wonderful!
If you ever come to the States, you can surely stay @ my home in Washington State, the entire lot of you!!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

sometimes I get provoked!

#3365 Oct 11, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeee MOANday, Collo!!! I am sorry about your mother, I think she needs a live in aid as she proves she is not steady anymore on her feet. Congrats on twins in the family!!! At least there is good news down the pike. Just wanted to wish you well, enjoy the week!!!! Can you believe it is October already?????????? I am sure the newly adopted fur ball has bonded yet and everyone is having the time of their lives with him and him with all of you. His first Christmas, too!!!!! I hope he has his own personal stocking like my two do.
My mom would not let anyone live with her, unfortunately, unless it was one of her daughters. She felt dizzy the last few days, and went to the doctors today only to find she had the start of an inner ear infection. To make sure she didn't move around too much I went to her house and made dinner...meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn. Nothing fancy, but I have been craving meatloaf since last winter. My sisters and I know the time will come that she needs more care, but with her mind so alert, she will really give us some flack!

Level 4

#3366 Oct 11, 2012
Warren, so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the update, I've wondered how you and the family are doing.

Debra, how was the cider mill trip? I bet your grandson had a great time. Sounds like that's something Joe's grandson would like.

Gotta get up early and then another 14 hour work day tomorrow. I live for weekends!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3367 Oct 12, 2012
Happeeeeeeee FRYday, Collo!!!!!!

Level 4

#3368 Oct 20, 2012
Happy Sweetest Day everyone!

Three years ago today I started this thread, and it was also my first date with Joe. Wow, we've been dating 3 years! Times flies when you're having fun!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#3369 Oct 20, 2012
COLLO... Happeeeee Saturday night. I worked all day, then we met at the H Grill for my birthday luncheon, a former boss gave me a Pandora bracelet with two charms, the food was great, stayed about 2 hours, I get home and one hour later, out to eat again at PF Changs.(Not every day I turn 60, a lot of well wishers) now I have so much food in the fridge, I will have it for a week including the two cakes. Last night I played one of the lottery games and I won 125.00 dollars. Talk about a nice birthday present!!!!!!!!!!Hope all is well with you, your mom, the new dog, that is NOT new anymore, boyfriends, kids, neighbors, the jobs, and of course Y O U.

Level 4

#3370 Oct 21, 2012
Vee wrote:
COLLO... Happeeeee Saturday night. I worked all day, then we met at the H Grill for my birthday luncheon, a former boss gave me a Pandora bracelet with two charms, the food was great, stayed about 2 hours, I get home and one hour later, out to eat again at PF Changs.(Not every day I turn 60, a lot of well wishers) now I have so much food in the fridge, I will have it for a week including the two cakes. Last night I played one of the lottery games and I won 125.00 dollars. Talk about a nice birthday present!!!!!!!!!!Hope all is well with you, your mom, the new dog, that is NOT new anymore, boyfriends, kids, neighbors, the jobs, and of course Y O U.
Happy birthday Vee! So nice that you got to go out twice AND win some money on the lottery. I go out and win nothing!

We had a great weekend. Joe & I took his grandson to a pumpkin farm today with tickets I won from a radio station(guess I do win some things). It was the 2nd set of tickets I won (2 different pumpkin farms). We had a great time. I feel like his grandma. He's such a joy to be around. 3 y/o is a wonderful age!

#3371 Oct 22, 2012
Colloquy wrote:
Happy Sweetest Day everyone!
Three years ago today I started this thread, and it was also my first date with Joe. Wow, we've been dating 3 years! Times flies when you're having fun!
this is sweet and sweeter and perhaps even sweetest, as I know you have carried your sack of rocks, too.( I work with this officer that explains life in that way, we all carry a sack of rocks, we have our own..I like his theory) and it is too cool to watch you open and blossom, almost by accident. Life is just that way, improv

congrats to you and Joe!

Level 4

#3372 Oct 28, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is sweet and sweeter and perhaps even sweetest, as I know you have carried your sack of rocks, too.( I work with this officer that explains life in that way, we all carry a sack of rocks, we have our own..I like his theory) and it is too cool to watch you open and blossom, almost by accident. Life is just that way, improv
congrats to you and Joe!
Does that sack of rocks get lighter at times? I'd like to lighten the load for a little while!

Joe's grandson slept over last night, and we had so much fun! First we went out for pizza, then we went to my favorite store and I bought him a winter jacket because he doesn't have one yet, and it was 44 degrees yesterday evening! We went in the toy section and out of all the toys he wanted stuffed Mario & Luigi dolls. Then we went and did one of his favorite things...we went to the mall. He didn't want to go in any stores, he just wanted to go up and down every escalator! Three year olds are so much fun, lol! After we got back by Joe's we played with the stuffed dolls and he fell asleep watching Billy the Exterminator. Billy was removing a hive of honey bees from the inside of some guys shed. He found it very interesting.

We were invited to a Halloween party last night, but opted not to go so we could watch his grandson. I'm glad we did!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3373 Oct 28, 2012
warren 123 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello! I often find myself doing the same thing, that's what always brings me back here.
WARREN Dear FRIEND!!!

its me Pretty Feet, so happy to see u!

my advice for life, enjoy Every second u can, kids will be grown before u know it, life will pass u by and before u know it, U will be missing every second of those precious moments, good or bad, its just life and it'll be over before ya know it..

remember - these are the Best times of ur life, so enjoy it while u can!!

<3
me

:))

oh... and have a nice day!
lol

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#3374 Oct 28, 2012
Happeeeeeeeeeeee SINday!!!!! I am getting like you, Collo, working all the time. I worked the whole shift today and am going to talk myself into going in tomorrow morning. In a few days we will have 38 degrees, and I look forward to the freezing cold. I went to work today and grabbed a hot chocolate from the machine. That was the best whipped hot chocolate I have had in a long time. It warmed me up anyway. Glad everyone is coming along on your side of the planet. I got to talk to my manager for a few before I left for the day, asked about his Chihuahua and he told me he died 2 weeks ago and I was devestated. He kept saying it was all right, and I said, "No, it isn't." I hope the hug helped. I know it didn't. He told me last year he wanted to get a Rottie and I said, "In your apt?????"

Level 4

#3375 Oct 28, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeeeeeeee SINday!!!!! I am getting like you, Collo, working all the time. I worked the whole shift today and am going to talk myself into going in tomorrow morning. In a few days we will have 38 degrees, and I look forward to the freezing cold. I went to work today and grabbed a hot chocolate from the machine. That was the best whipped hot chocolate I have had in a long time. It warmed me up anyway. Glad everyone is coming along on your side of the planet. I got to talk to my manager for a few before I left for the day, asked about his Chihuahua and he told me he died 2 weeks ago and I was devestated. He kept saying it was all right, and I said, "No, it isn't." I hope the hug helped. I know it didn't. He told me last year he wanted to get a Rottie and I said, "In your apt?????"
By Christmas I will be working 70 to 75 hours a week. Good thing is I have Christmas presents paid off the moment I get them. It really slows down in February and March. Why couldn't the slow time be when it's nice and warm outside?

It's always awkward when you ask someone how their sick pet/family member is, and the answer you get is that they died. I'm sure he was alright with the question, as he knew you cared enough to ask. That's how I feel anyway.

I do not look forward to the freezing cold. I feel like we missed summer with all the 100 degree humid days we had. Never could go out and enjoy the great outdoors, and now it's cold. Looking forward to next summer...

Level 4

#3376 Nov 10, 2012
We had an early Thanksgiving dinner at Joe's today. Last week a store by us had turkeys on sale for $.79 a pound, so I bought 4 of them! We'll have one for every month thru February. His sons family, his mom and my son were there. Tomorrow I'm going to make turkey frame soup with the carcass. His grandson is staying overnight, so I stayed there for a while and played with him.

Is anyone else having a hard time with the time change? I am so tired, but then can't fall asleep!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

#3377 Nov 11, 2012
Happeeeeee SINday, Collo!!!! I could go for a Turkey dinner right now. I am working today for a few hours, I feel as if I turned into a Collo work horse, but the pay checks are what it is all about. The time change gets worse every year and the adjustments. But getting older has a lot to do with it.

Level 4

#3378 Nov 15, 2012
The turkey frame soup was fantastic! I'm having the last of it for lunch tomorrow. Hope my sister doesn't want to make it next week so I can use her turkey carcass! Sounds weird..."carcass". But its the best soup.

Gonna try to get to bed early tonite. Last nite I worked til midnight, then tomorrow nite too. I think their starting to get us used to working til midnight all next month by throwing a few in. Did I mention I'm working 12 hours on Black Friday, 2 six hour shifts. Can't wait to see those paychecks! I know what you're talking about Vee!

“..merry Christmas....”

Since: Jun 08

....to each and all.....!

#3379 Nov 15, 2012
...h'lo, Col...haven't seen you for a while.....gettin' any?....

Level 4

#3380 Nov 15, 2012
Old Sam wrote:
...h'lo, Col...haven't seen you for a while.....gettin' any?....
Haha, gettin alot, thanx for asking! But I'm not quite so sure WHY you asked. How about you? lol

Level 4

#3381 Nov 15, 2012
Wait, you were talking about "gettin' any" Christmas presents yet, right? Haha, just had to make sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you get all you wanted for Christmas? 8 min Thank you wife 2
"I Am The Good Shepherd:,,,,,,"JOHN 10:11...[ak... (Aug '12) 10 min JG OP 7
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 11 min Crystal_Clear722 30,066
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 18 min Crystal_Clear722 4,040
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 19 min Harrison Freebird 1,562
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,375
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 29 min dirtclod 133,992
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr SayAnyhingWorthy 25,840
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr moe 3,008
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 3 hr DILF 74
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr _hellbilly_ 152,773
More from around the web