|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>...your mother sounds like one tough cookie...but even those crumble from time to time...wishing you the best with your mom...and that she recovers soon...and hoping for your sake that she gets an alert system...that would probably put your mind at ease...at least a little...
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I don't like to see her crumble. I hope she lives to be 100!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Colloquy wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, she crawled a couple of feet to the side of the road, since she couldn't stand. There she thought she could use the mailbox post to help her up, but that didn't work. Since she does have problems with her leg just giving out on her (she is 81) she brings her phone wherever she goes. She called me, but I had my phone in the house. So she called my son (who went there right away), and my son called Joe, who was with me and we all raced over there. Thank God she only lives a few blocks away. My son also called 911 and the ambulance got there just minutes before I did.
Scared the crap out of me! She had blood all over. She thought the paramedics would just be able to put a bandage on it, and she could go about her business! Head wounds bleed ALOT, and she takes 1 baby aspirin a day and fish oil, which also thins the blood. We want her to get one of those alert systems that you wear, but NOOOOOO, that would make her feel OLD! I swear, with all the obstacles, my mom can outwork me!
see? this is what is so scary!
I do not have a cell phone yet (ha ha, my boss thinks I am the biggest dork ever for this!),
mostly I see these as unneeded, but in situations like this, it DOES seem insane not to be able to be in touch.

I am glad you all were able to get there quickly. I feel so bad for our elders, to not be able to do for oneself must be so frustrating and scary all at once!! I am NOT looking forward to this.

Hope mom recovers quickly.

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

sometimes I get provoked!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
see? this is what is so scary!
I do not have a cell phone yet (ha ha, my boss thinks I am the biggest dork ever for this!),
mostly I see these as unneeded, but in situations like this, it DOES seem insane not to be able to be in touch.
I am glad you all were able to get there quickly. I feel so bad for our elders, to not be able to do for oneself must be so frustrating and scary all at once!! I am NOT looking forward to this.
Hope mom recovers quickly.
I talked to my mom today, and other than her neck being a little stiff, she said she feels good! I'm going to see her tomorrow morning. Didn't get a chance to see her today because I worked both jobs (just got home about 30 mins ago)

Cell phones are good to have, but some people are constantly on them! I hate when I go in bathrooms in stores, and you hear people in the stall talking on their phone. There are germs in there! Yes you wash your hands when you're done (hopefully), but do you wash your phone too? That just disgusts me!

People in line at registers piss me off too. They hold up the whole line because they just have to tell their g/f what a jerk their b/f is, and their not listening to the cashier. A gas station I went into last week had this sign on their register..."Please finish all phone calls BEFORE coming up to the register!" I laughed at that one.

They are over used (in my opinion) but they also can be lifesavers!

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Colloquy wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it amazing what lengths we will go thru to save our animals? Back in the day, people didn't have the kind of money we now have to have tests/surgery on animals, so they would take them behind the woodshed (per my mom) and shoot them. I know I've spent thousand of dollars on vet bills for various pets Ive had, and would do it all over again if I could save them from illness or death.
Hope Jag comes thru this with flying colors!
Jag had a hard time yesterday, took 45 minutes to get him up. Today he is improving. Barking (Has not done that for a few days) I lined up all the rugs and he was able to get out, now he is in the living room. Collo, I think you and I could write a book.(Well, I have, I am on my 3rd novel and 12th short story and have been published. The Twilight Zone after the original, and Showtime) A book about the lengths we would go for our canine/feline companions.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Happeeeeeee Saturday!!!!!!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee Saturday!!!!!!
It was a busy Saturday! I had to go to a friends baby shower, and had to get there hours before cuz it was at another friends house, and had to help her set up. Then I had to rush home, take a quick shower, meet Joe and go watch a band. We met quite a few friends there, and had a great time.

Today I had to go shopping, and now have to clean house before I go to work. Another busy day!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Glad Jag is better, and hope he's improving with every day.

And yes, I could add a few chapters to your book!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Working 71 hours this week. What was I thinking when I said I would work an extra day at my 2nd job??? I must have been in a good mood when they asked me. I took on extra hours this Saturday coming up, and I NEVER work Saturdays, but it is in the morning/afternoon, so won't interfere with my night life! lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Colloquy wrote:
Working 71 hours this week. What was I thinking when I said I would work an extra day at my 2nd job??? I must have been in a good mood when they asked me. I took on extra hours this Saturday coming up, and I NEVER work Saturdays, but it is in the morning/afternoon, so won't interfere with my night life! lol
I don't know how you do this...I have been working 4-10's for a while now and I love having a 3 day weekend each week, but I do get pretty tired during the work week.

Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? I did not really know very much about him, still don't, haha, but I am beginning a financial management course in a week that he has designed. I was never really taught how to budget, etc and I'm an artistic type, so these things I struggle with. I am very excited about getting my money stuff in order (have some atty bills to pay off!).

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Colloquy wrote:
71 hours????? I try to sleep that long every night. Jag is better. My sister went to see my brother who was having Mitrol valve replaced. That was done yesterday, he is already sitting up and talking. Amazing. I camer home from work last night and Jag was actually standing up to greet me, then walked over to the water bowl. Since you have been posting, I never knew you to work less then those hours every week. My co worker, Hope is the same way with her two jobs. One of these days it is going to catch up to you guys. I wish you a great day, and continue that love affair with the animals. No report back on pathology with Jag, can only take it one day at a time.

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

I've been averaging around 60 to 62 hours a week between both jobs. Yesterday I started at Job 1 @ 8:15am, and then didn't get home from Job 2 til 12:15 am. Store closed at 11pm, but due to many circumstances, we didn't get out of there til midnight. I try not to work more than 4 evenings @ the store, but it is back to school season, so I took an extra day. I think I will sleep 71 hours this weekend to make it up! On a good note, I am off on Sunday!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you do this...I have been working 4-10's for a while now and I love having a 3 day weekend each week, but I do get pretty tired during the work week.
Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? I did not really know very much about him, still don't, haha, but I am beginning a financial management course in a week that he has designed. I was never really taught how to budget, etc and I'm an artistic type, so these things I struggle with. I am very excited about getting my money stuff in order (have some atty bills to pay off!).
I think I have heard of him, but not sure. I do figure a budget for myself, which surprisingly, I manage to keep. I think it would be interesting to see where I could cut my budget. Let me know how it's going!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Busy weekend! Worked yesterday on my day off. Had 4.75 hours vacation this evening, but ended up working. This next check will be nice, but I hope I don't have to put that many hours in until Christmas!

Got to see my nephews baby today. They brought him over by my moms this afternoon. He slept most of the time, but woke up a half hour before I had to go to work. He is so cute!

After work tonite I stopped at Joe's and helped him can 5 quarts of tomatoes from our garden. I picked one cantaloupe from the garden. It's a huge vine, and only 1 cantaloupe. I'm going to have to get some growing tips so I can get more than just one next year.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

Happeeeeeeeeeee MOANday, Collo!!!! Working a few hours this morning, wanted to stop in to wish you well. As you know, I have sent you and Grace private messages, you know what is going on currently. I love working mornings. ha ha ha ha ha ha. I should wake up around 11, once I realize where I am, I will leave. I might stay until 1230. Have a great day C!!!!!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

I would love to work only mornings! But I would not be very happy when I saw my paychecks!

I got a message last week, was there a new one more recent than the 16th?

No work tomorrow night, but I think we are canning more tomatoes. Love to open a fresh jar of tomatoes in January to make spaghetti sauce or chili. Can't get any better than that!

I heard on the radio that Phyllis Diller died. I was quite young and don't remember much of her, except for that laugh! RIP Phyllis.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

Happeeeeeeee TWOSday, COLL!!!! Yes, Phyllis Diller, William Windom, everyone seems to be departing within days of one another. No one even knew that one of Jerry Lewis's sons killed himself two years ago, I think he paid to cover it all up.(I posted the story on my celebrity thread if you want to take a peek) I am a big follower of Jerry Lewis (45 years now) and was quite shocked. I was never a fan of Phyllis Diller. Zsa Zsa gabor was terrified of dying and had one of her legs removed, yet, she is hanging on and close to 100. Ironic. How is everything? Jag was quite the spry one yesterday, and I have to give him his medication!!!!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Good to hear that about Jag. Keep him happy!

Joe & I canned 22 quarts of tomatoes tonite...so much for my night off of work! Then I visited with my mom for about an hour, and now I'm going to bed! I'll be back on Thursday...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

This vacation is wonderful so far! The weather has been fine and my grandson and I are having many adventures!

Today he got his haircut for school, preschool begins in less than two weeks...he will have fun, as he really thrives on the social thing.

Have you ever roasted tomatoes? I have been doing this lately since they are in season...so good!!

How is your mom doing? Has she recovered from her recent mishap? take care!!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Debra27 wrote:
This vacation is wonderful so far! The weather has been fine and my grandson and I are having many adventures!
Today he got his haircut for school, preschool begins in less than two weeks...he will have fun, as he really thrives on the social thing.
Have you ever roasted tomatoes? I have been doing this lately since they are in season...so good!!
How is your mom doing? Has she recovered from her recent mishap? take care!!
Good that you're having fun with your grandson! Enjoy, as I know you are!

Joe gave his neighbor a few tomatoes that we didn't can, and she made roasted tomato soup. It was good! I'll have to get the recipe.

Mom is fully recovered, but her leg is still bothering her because of her back. She goes for another shot a week from today.

Will write more tomorrow, as it is almost midnight!

Level 4

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

My mom called me at work last night to tell me my former mother-in-law died. I think she was around 78. My sister-in-law called the last number she had for me, but I don't have my land line anymore. So she called my mom.

My MIL and I did not have a very good relationship after I separated from my husband, but we were cordial. I'm assuming the wake will be Monday night, and I will be there with my son to support him. I'm waiting for my SIL to call me back to let me know the details.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,281 - 3,300 of3,360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••