ColloQuy's Offbeat ColloQuial

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3322 Aug 12, 2012
Vee wrote:
Happeeeeeee Saturday!!!!!!
It was a busy Saturday! I had to go to a friends baby shower, and had to get there hours before cuz it was at another friends house, and had to help her set up. Then I had to rush home, take a quick shower, meet Joe and go watch a band. We met quite a few friends there, and had a great time.

Today I had to go shopping, and now have to clean house before I go to work. Another busy day!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3323 Aug 12, 2012
Glad Jag is better, and hope he's improving with every day.

And yes, I could add a few chapters to your book!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3324 Aug 14, 2012
Working 71 hours this week. What was I thinking when I said I would work an extra day at my 2nd job??? I must have been in a good mood when they asked me. I took on extra hours this Saturday coming up, and I NEVER work Saturdays, but it is in the morning/afternoon, so won't interfere with my night life! lol

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3325 Aug 15, 2012
Colloquy wrote:
Working 71 hours this week. What was I thinking when I said I would work an extra day at my 2nd job??? I must have been in a good mood when they asked me. I took on extra hours this Saturday coming up, and I NEVER work Saturdays, but it is in the morning/afternoon, so won't interfere with my night life! lol
I don't know how you do this...I have been working 4-10's for a while now and I love having a 3 day weekend each week, but I do get pretty tired during the work week.

Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? I did not really know very much about him, still don't, haha, but I am beginning a financial management course in a week that he has designed. I was never really taught how to budget, etc and I'm an artistic type, so these things I struggle with. I am very excited about getting my money stuff in order (have some atty bills to pay off!).

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3326 Aug 15, 2012
Colloquy wrote:
Working 71 hours this week. What was I thinking when I said I would work an extra day at my 2nd job??? I must have been in a good mood when they asked me. I took on extra hours this Saturday coming up, and I NEVER work Saturdays, but it is in the morning/afternoon, so won't interfere with my night life! lol
71 hours????? I try to sleep that long every night. Jag is better. My sister went to see my brother who was having Mitrol valve replaced. That was done yesterday, he is already sitting up and talking. Amazing. I camer home from work last night and Jag was actually standing up to greet me, then walked over to the water bowl. Since you have been posting, I never knew you to work less then those hours every week. My co worker, Hope is the same way with her two jobs. One of these days it is going to catch up to you guys. I wish you a great day, and continue that love affair with the animals. No report back on pathology with Jag, can only take it one day at a time.

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3327 Aug 16, 2012
I've been averaging around 60 to 62 hours a week between both jobs. Yesterday I started at Job 1 @ 8:15am, and then didn't get home from Job 2 til 12:15 am. Store closed at 11pm, but due to many circumstances, we didn't get out of there til midnight. I try not to work more than 4 evenings @ the store, but it is back to school season, so I took an extra day. I think I will sleep 71 hours this weekend to make it up! On a good note, I am off on Sunday!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3328 Aug 16, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you do this...I have been working 4-10's for a while now and I love having a 3 day weekend each week, but I do get pretty tired during the work week.
Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? I did not really know very much about him, still don't, haha, but I am beginning a financial management course in a week that he has designed. I was never really taught how to budget, etc and I'm an artistic type, so these things I struggle with. I am very excited about getting my money stuff in order (have some atty bills to pay off!).
I think I have heard of him, but not sure. I do figure a budget for myself, which surprisingly, I manage to keep. I think it would be interesting to see where I could cut my budget. Let me know how it's going!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3329 Aug 19, 2012
Busy weekend! Worked yesterday on my day off. Had 4.75 hours vacation this evening, but ended up working. This next check will be nice, but I hope I don't have to put that many hours in until Christmas!

Got to see my nephews baby today. They brought him over by my moms this afternoon. He slept most of the time, but woke up a half hour before I had to go to work. He is so cute!

After work tonite I stopped at Joe's and helped him can 5 quarts of tomatoes from our garden. I picked one cantaloupe from the garden. It's a huge vine, and only 1 cantaloupe. I'm going to have to get some growing tips so I can get more than just one next year.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3330 Aug 20, 2012
Happeeeeeeeeeee MOANday, Collo!!!! Working a few hours this morning, wanted to stop in to wish you well. As you know, I have sent you and Grace private messages, you know what is going on currently. I love working mornings. ha ha ha ha ha ha. I should wake up around 11, once I realize where I am, I will leave. I might stay until 1230. Have a great day C!!!!!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3331 Aug 20, 2012
I would love to work only mornings! But I would not be very happy when I saw my paychecks!

I got a message last week, was there a new one more recent than the 16th?

No work tomorrow night, but I think we are canning more tomatoes. Love to open a fresh jar of tomatoes in January to make spaghetti sauce or chili. Can't get any better than that!

I heard on the radio that Phyllis Diller died. I was quite young and don't remember much of her, except for that laugh! RIP Phyllis.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3332 Aug 21, 2012
Happeeeeeeee TWOSday, COLL!!!! Yes, Phyllis Diller, William Windom, everyone seems to be departing within days of one another. No one even knew that one of Jerry Lewis's sons killed himself two years ago, I think he paid to cover it all up.(I posted the story on my celebrity thread if you want to take a peek) I am a big follower of Jerry Lewis (45 years now) and was quite shocked. I was never a fan of Phyllis Diller. Zsa Zsa gabor was terrified of dying and had one of her legs removed, yet, she is hanging on and close to 100. Ironic. How is everything? Jag was quite the spry one yesterday, and I have to give him his medication!!!!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3333 Aug 21, 2012
Good to hear that about Jag. Keep him happy!

Joe & I canned 22 quarts of tomatoes tonite...so much for my night off of work! Then I visited with my mom for about an hour, and now I'm going to bed! I'll be back on Thursday...

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3334 Aug 21, 2012
This vacation is wonderful so far! The weather has been fine and my grandson and I are having many adventures!

Today he got his haircut for school, preschool begins in less than two weeks...he will have fun, as he really thrives on the social thing.

Have you ever roasted tomatoes? I have been doing this lately since they are in season...so good!!

How is your mom doing? Has she recovered from her recent mishap? take care!!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3335 Aug 22, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
This vacation is wonderful so far! The weather has been fine and my grandson and I are having many adventures!
Today he got his haircut for school, preschool begins in less than two weeks...he will have fun, as he really thrives on the social thing.
Have you ever roasted tomatoes? I have been doing this lately since they are in season...so good!!
How is your mom doing? Has she recovered from her recent mishap? take care!!
Good that you're having fun with your grandson! Enjoy, as I know you are!

Joe gave his neighbor a few tomatoes that we didn't can, and she made roasted tomato soup. It was good! I'll have to get the recipe.

Mom is fully recovered, but her leg is still bothering her because of her back. She goes for another shot a week from today.

Will write more tomorrow, as it is almost midnight!

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3336 Aug 25, 2012
My mom called me at work last night to tell me my former mother-in-law died. I think she was around 78. My sister-in-law called the last number she had for me, but I don't have my land line anymore. So she called my mom.

My MIL and I did not have a very good relationship after I separated from my husband, but we were cordial. I'm assuming the wake will be Monday night, and I will be there with my son to support him. I'm waiting for my SIL to call me back to let me know the details.

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3337 Aug 25, 2012
COLLO, sorry about your XMIL. Worked all day, and I escaped at 220. Everyone was going to follow me to have lunch, then I had to wait on everyone so like a wagon train, we all arrived to all you can eat. Nice to relax with a few co workers and have a few laughs. Ate four hours ago and still not hungry. It is a myth that after eating chinese food you will be hungry an hour later. Hope everything else is going your way. Is your new dog spoiled enough already? ha ha ha. I am so glad you found happiness with Joe. Long time coming, huh?

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#3338 Aug 25, 2012
Colloquy wrote:
My mom called me at work last night to tell me my former mother-in-law died. I think she was around 78. My sister-in-law called the last number she had for me, but I don't have my land line anymore. So she called my mom.
My MIL and I did not have a very good relationship after I separated from my husband, but we were cordial. I'm assuming the wake will be Monday night, and I will be there with my son to support him. I'm waiting for my SIL to call me back to let me know the details.
That is sad for your son, to lose a grandma...sorry.

take care.

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3339 Aug 26, 2012
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad for your son, to lose a grandma...sorry.
take care.
Thanx Deb. The wake is actually this afternoon from 3 thru 9pm, and then the funeral mass is tomorrow. I'm surprised my SIL got everything together so quickly.

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#3340 Aug 26, 2012
Vee wrote:
COLLO, sorry about your XMIL. Worked all day, and I escaped at 220. Everyone was going to follow me to have lunch, then I had to wait on everyone so like a wagon train, we all arrived to all you can eat. Nice to relax with a few co workers and have a few laughs. Ate four hours ago and still not hungry. It is a myth that after eating chinese food you will be hungry an hour later. Hope everything else is going your way. Is your new dog spoiled enough already? ha ha ha. I am so glad you found happiness with Joe. Long time coming, huh?
I used to go out with my co-workers from my 2nd job, but that means we went to a nightclub because we got out so late. I don't mind doing that once in a while, but they started going to this place with a live band, and the volume was turn up to the "you can't even hear what the person next to you is saying" point. Why go out with people if you can't hear what they're saying? haha

“I call 'em as I see 'em!”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

& I don't suffer fools gladly

#3341 Aug 26, 2012
My condolences to you and your son, Colloquy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Could Be Confused? 1 min andet1987 7
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 2 min Princess Hey 3,037
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 5 min andet1987 3,103
True False Game (Jun '11) 11 min andet1987 15,735
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 17 min andet1987 4,117
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 20 min Bella Brisbane 547
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 22 min andet1987 50,008
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr wichita-rick 224,407
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr quilterqueen 6,425
More from around the web