First Prev
of 168
Next Last

“I don't do sarcasm...but... ”

Level 4

Since: Jan 08

sometimes I get provoked!

#1 Oct 17, 2009
Happy Sweetest Day to All!!! And since it is Sweetest Day, I am NOT going to sit at home all alone tonight! What to do, what to do? Well let me tell you...

This past 4th of July, I was at a neighbors party and became reacquainted with a guy who used to live around the corner from me when I was growing up. We had a great conversation about old times and about 30 minutes into the conversation he looked at me and blurted out, "I want to date you". I was flattered, and quite shocked, and thought, dayum, he's cute, there was definitely an attraction, but I told him that I was in a relationship.

I must have told him where I worked, because the next week he showed up and asked me if I would like to go to a BBQ with him. I politely told him I couldn't. He showed up about 2 weeks later and asked me what I was doing that upcoming weekend. I told him I was hoping to install tile in my bathroom. He gave me his cell phone number and told me he would help if I needed it. I tucked that piece of paper in my wallet.

Fast forward to this week Monday and the PHONE CALL from my b/f telling me that he is moving out. Coward!

I gave myself 2 days to be depressed, and then remembered that I had Joe's phone number. Hmmmmmm.

So here is my own version of "Ring, Ring" on my drive to work last evening.......

Level 4

#2 Oct 17, 2009
...Dialing Joe's cell phone...

"Ring, Ring"...

Get's voice mail...

"Leave your name and number and I'll call you back"

(Damn!)

"Hi Joe, this is "Colloquy". Could you call me back tomorrow? I'm working tonight and won't have my cell phone on me. Thanx, Bye."

So I start to think, if he doesn't call me tomorrow, do I call him? But 5 seconds later my phone rings. He didn't even have time to hear my message I left.

"Hi, this is Joe"

"Hi Joe, this is "Colloquy"

"I hope you're calling me because you want me to take you out for a steak dinner!"

(Now THAT was what I wanted to hear and would have done the happy dance, but I was driving!)

"Well, I was calling you to ask you out for a drink tomorrow night."

"How about tonight?"

"I'm working tonight."

"Call off then."

"I'm sorry Joe, I can't."

"Ok, tomorrow night then. Where do you want to go?"

"You pick the place"

"Ok, I'm working til 2:30 tomorrow, so I'll call you around 4pm."

"OK, talk to you then Joe, bye!"

"Bye!"

I hung up and my hands started shaking. I haven't been on a date in years! What do I wear! What do I do!

And so I move on to a brighter future!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#3 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
Happy Sweetest Day to All!!! And since it is Sweetest Day, I am NOT going to sit at home all alone tonight! What to do, what to do? Well let me tell you...
This past 4th of July, I was at a neighbors party and became reacquainted with a guy who used to live around the corner from me when I was growing up. We had a great conversation about old times and about 30 minutes into the conversation he looked at me and blurted out, "I want to date you". I was flattered, and quite shocked, and thought, dayum, he's cute, there was definitely an attraction, but I told him that I was in a relationship.
I must have told him where I worked, because the next week he showed up and asked me if I would like to go to a BBQ with him. I politely told him I couldn't. He showed up about 2 weeks later and asked me what I was doing that upcoming weekend. I told him I was hoping to install tile in my bathroom. He gave me his cell phone number and told me he would help if I needed it. I tucked that piece of paper in my wallet.
Fast forward to this week Monday and the PHONE CALL from my b/f telling me that he is moving out. Coward!
I gave myself 2 days to be depressed, and then remembered that I had Joe's phone number. Hmmmmmm.
So here is my own version of "Ring, Ring" on my drive to work last evening.......
You go girl. Remember all things happen for a reason.

sugarglidergirl

“Laughing with you... LOL.”

Since: Jul 09

Ravena, NY

#4 Oct 17, 2009
Awesome CQTie! You go girl!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#5 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
"Ring, Ring"...
Get's voice mail...
(Damn!)
"Hi Joe, this is "Colloquy". Could you call me back tomorrow? I'm working tonight and won't have my cell phone on me. Thanx, Bye."
So I start to think, if he doesn't call me tomorrow, do I call him? But 5 seconds later my phone rings. He didn't even have time to hear my message I left.
"Hi, this is Joe"
"I hope you're calling me because you want me to take you out for a steak dinner!"
(Now THAT was what I wanted to hear and would have done the happy dance, but I was driving!)
"How about tonight?"
"I'm working tonight."
"Call off then."
"You pick the place"
"Bye!"
I hung up and my hands started shaking. I haven't been on a date in years! What do I wear! What do I do!
Wear something hot. Go buy a new outfit. Tight jeans and high heels always work. haha
gloria

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
"Ring, Ring"...
Get's voice mail...
(Damn!)
"Hi, this is Joe"
"How about tonight?"
"I'm working tonight."
"Call off then."
"You pick the place"
"Bye!"
As Bren said, You go girl! Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you are bouncing back! Have fun and let us know how it goes!

:)

Level 4

#7 Oct 17, 2009
I gave all of you "Hearts"!

I am so excited! I'm already going thru my clothes and heels! I have plenty! Which ones do I wear tho? Good thing I have a full length mirror in my bedroom.

I'm going to be playing 'dress up' all afternoon! I'll put something together, go in my sons room and say 'how does this look'? The poor kid, he's in for a long afternoon!
gloria

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
I am so excited! I'm already going thru my clothes and heels! I have plenty! Which ones do I wear tho? Good thing I have a full length mirror in my bedroom.
I'm going to be playing 'dress up' all afternoon! I'll put something together, go in my sons room and say 'how does this look'? The poor kid, he's in for a long afternoon!
LOL! I'm glad you are so excited. We're excited for you, too!The way you described how things came together makes me believe this is going to develop into something special.He sounds like a great, generous guy who really likes you and wants to spoil you.You get dressed in your sexiest outfit and knock him out!

Simon Templer

“Does avatar make me look gay?”

Since: Oct 09

Ravena, NY

#9 Oct 17, 2009
When God clogs a toilet, he lets a 5 gallon pail blow into your yard. Or something like that, all the religion nuts post that kinda crap! Happy day CQtie! So again, you're not up for a threesome with me and Maria?

Simon Templer

“Does avatar make me look gay?”

Since: Oct 09

Ravena, NY

#10 Oct 17, 2009
I may not get a heart for that post, but you know what I mean...

Level 4

#11 Oct 17, 2009
gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I'm glad you are so excited. We're excited for you, too!The way you described how things came together makes me believe this is going to develop into something special.He sounds like a great, generous guy who really likes you and wants to spoil you.You get dressed in your sexiest outfit and knock him out!
Sexy outfit, yes! But not my sexiest! I don't want to put it all out there for the first date. Gotta leave something for the imagination!

Level 4

#12 Oct 17, 2009
Simon Templer wrote:
When God clogs a toilet, he lets a 5 gallon pail blow into your yard. Or something like that, all the religion nuts post that kinda crap! Happy day CQtie! So again, you're not up for a threesome with me and Maria?
LOL! I'm not quite sure what that toilet comment meant, but I'm sure it came from the heart!

Oh, and as to your offer...does that come with a steak AND lobster dinner? Gotta up the anty you know!

Level 4

#13 Oct 17, 2009
Simon Templer wrote:
I may not get a heart for that post, but you know what I mean...
Aww, I still gave you a heart...

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#14 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
Hopefully the beginning of a new and brighter day. Hope you have a lovely evening. We'll wait up for ya.(grin)
gloria

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 17, 2009
Colloquy wrote:
<quoted text>Sexy outfit, yes! But not my sexiest! I don't want to put it all out there for the first date. Gotta leave something for the imagination!
LOL! Thinking ahead, I see!You're right!

Level 4

#16 Oct 17, 2009
I got one outfit picked out...

Black pencil skirt (damn I lost weight!), knee high black high heel boots, V neck black pullover, pink scarf. This may be too dressy, depending on where he's taking me.

Going to look for something more casual...

Level 4

#17 Oct 17, 2009
He called...an hour earlier than he said he would! He's picking me up at 6. Dinner, drinks. Gotta find that other outfit!

LOL

sugarglidergirl

“Laughing with you... LOL.”

Since: Jul 09

Ravena, NY

#18 Oct 17, 2009
Have fun!

“"you're not the boss of me"”

Since: Aug 09

yep, right, uh huh

#19 Oct 17, 2009
uh oh, looks like I missed a couple of chapters here..should be checking in more often, I guess.

Have fun!!

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#20 Oct 17, 2009
wooohooooo! I am glad to see things are going so well!

As Always,
Cherish Your Loved Ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 168
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 1 hr andet1987 4,352
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr andet1987 39,099
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Camilla 227,395
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 1 hr andet1987 1,410
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 1 hr wichita-rick 2,814
News POLL: Do you think Valentine's day is over-comm... (Feb '17) 1 hr Jack 7
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... (Aug '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,181
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr quilterqueen 7,001
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 hr Alain Vain 16,615
More from around the web