What's for dinner?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#7218 Jul 4, 2014
If my family were here, I'd be out on the lake all day with them, but I don't want to deal with a crowded lake and go out by myself. I ahve a coleman stove I cook all kinds of food on or we go to a restaurant on the lake.

The lake is a zoo on the holidays ... I get annoyed waiting to launch and get my boat off the lake ... people aren't to bright, either... i put my boat in and out like boom ... done ... 2 minutes ... doing the same seems to be a problem for a lot of people. My buddies who i go out there with are sometimes mystified how these people dress themselves in the morning.

Enzo49

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#7219 Jul 4, 2014
We had planned on cooking out for the kids and grandkids but the weather put that off till tomorrow...instead we boiled up a couple of 1 1/4 lb lobsters along with tomato salad and garlic bread...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7220 Jul 4, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to fire up my grill and cook my pork chops, sausage, potatoes, and corn on it.

My friends are either traveling or hanging with family. My wife won't be home until Sunday. I don't mind spending the day by myself.

It will be nice when my wife and one of my sons (the other two are gonna stay up with our parents for awhile) return, tho, on Sunday night. I'll have been home alone for almost 2 weeks by the time she returns. It was nice at first ... I enjoyed the quiet ... but I'm looking forward to some company.
May they have a safe & happy return.
Bobby Brady

Beijing, China

#7221 Jul 4, 2014
Pork chops and apple sauce.

My buddy's says I do the pork better than him.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#7222 Jul 4, 2014
Banquet or Swanson .. decisions.. decisions ......

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#7225 Jul 4, 2014
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't diners great? Too lazy tonight to go out. Is Hur Arthur dumping on you? Just getting gusty blue sky winds here, 60 or so miles inland.
Loooove Diners..All Polished and Shiny.. A Bygone Era!! The Original Greasy Spoon..

One Burger w/ Grilled Onions..and Fries and Slice of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie w/ A Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream..!!!

And a Quarter for the Table Juke Box Selection..

Hmmm..Independence Day Movie Soundtrack!!

PARTY ON ROCKERS!!

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#7226 Jul 5, 2014
Stuffed Tomato w/ Tuna Salad and Club Crackers and House Italian Dressing..and Watermelon Cubes..

BIKINI SEASON!!!

;)

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#7227 Jul 5, 2014
Late Dinner..at The Night Owl Saloon..PIZZA and a Bowl of Popcorn!!

FOOD FIGHT!!

;)

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#7228 Jul 5, 2014
A smoked cornish game hen.

Yesterday my neighbor ran his smoker all day for a bbq "fiesta" for today:)
I managed to slip about 5 lbs. of meat on the top rack of his smoker ,he was using mesquite wood ,smoking pork butts & A LOT of lamb:) he also smoke peppers when he does this & freezes them ,so we will have those later for salsa:)

I took one smoked Cornish game hen & soaked it in thick kind of terayaki sauce & re heated in crock pot,ate with pineapple & sweet potato skewers,with cherry tomatos & melon ,fresh corn chips & homemade mango ice cream :)
Happy INDEPENDENCE day. Rick

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#7229 Jul 7, 2014
Chili w/ Cornbread, Cole Slaw and LEMON MERINGUE Pie..

YUMMY!!

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#7230 Jul 8, 2014
Ohio Cowgirl'scIs Having..a Tuesday T-BONE Special..ALL DAY LONG!!

T-Bone ..Well Done, Baked Potato w/ sour cream And Cheese, Tossed Salad w/ 1000 Island and Strawberry Shortcake

And..HOT COFFEE!!

Soo Come on and Mingle.. And CHOW Down!!

YEHAW!!

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Location hidden

#7231 Jul 9, 2014
Picked up Store already Cooked Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, marinated veggies and dinner rolls and a Key Lime Pie!!!

Yuuuummmy!!

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#7232 Jul 9, 2014
Sweet potato & onion rings & corned beef

used a small cast iron skillet , made a layer of thin sliced sweet potato
a layer of sweet onion rings,a little oil & baked with spiced applesauce & vinegar.
added a some chopped cooked corned beef that was mixed with an egg & some white cheese,covered placed back in oven & turned it off.
waited about 25 mins, ate alone served in skillet.
Had whole wheat crackers & melon.
Am picking about 6 cucumbers a day ,have been eating plain or making refrigerator pickles,also have about 200 tomatoes set & ripening :)
Need to eat some green ones I guess. Rick

“Sleeping Bear”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

In the woods...

#7233 Jul 10, 2014
Fart Fuel

Dutch oven enchiladas and refried beans...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7234 Jul 11, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
Had more food court food:) although an early dinner for me.
Cajun food, don't laugh Ola :)
Interesting. Had a Catfish ,fish sandwich :) was made with a sort of yeast corn bread ,so it was something like Catfish & hush puppies , awesome.
Also fried okra ,fried green beans :) crawdads :) mmm
Brought home a qt. container of Gumbo will reheat it tomorrow with rice.
We shared,so had a few more samples of other stuff. good food. Rick
HA yesterday for lunch I had fried gator, crab cake, fried green tomatoes and shrimp remoulade as did another lady...another friend had the catfish Opelousas which is grilled catfish over rice covered with crawfish etoufee...my daughter had the French dip (roast beef sandwich/crispy fries...tried the bread pudding YUCK but then I am a bread pudding connoisseur lol

http://www.thelandingrestaurantnatchitoches.c...

Level 8

Location hidden

#7235 Jul 11, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
I'm gonna grill some chicken kabobs and have a baked potato, salad, and some wine.
For dessert, I will have "bow chicka wow wow." It's really good if you've never tried it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#7236 Jul 11, 2014
wichita-rick wrote:
Ahhh funny you asked, because I was cooking:)
Oddly enough, a pot of chili,little late in the yr,but last cool days
slip one last pot in & a chance to use up some dry goods before the moths do.
Using 4 kinds of dry beans red,black & navy ,with smoked ribs for flavor & meat, have a bag of tomatoes & peppers from discount bin :)will use a few cups of those,plus mild chile blend spices, will eat some today,save left overs for baked potatoes. serve with watermelon & chips. Rick
Ive never made chili in summer time before in my life...until this past week...quick easy & he loves it...

Level 8

Location hidden

#7237 Jul 11, 2014
SUG here wrote:
Blt's , fries and a soda
Didn't want to go out or cook, aaah the lazy days of summer!
Ola, are you honeymooning? Wish you happiness forever and a day.
nahhhh...was too lazy to use iphone for topix, didn't have net hooked up here, then it was too darn slow til one day I discovered google was the problem...switched back to yahoo...still quite busy settling in...he's working 7 days a week soooooo here I am...I told myself don't go back & read all those posts but this is one of my fav threads...=)))

Level 8

Location hidden

#7238 Jul 11, 2014
awwww even the grumpy iconner missed me...

I really enjoyed most of the posts I've caught up on...

you all know how much I love to bake? well, now I have electric stove top/gas oven...and thot I was low on Butane ...I scheduled a delivery for this morn & he says I had 30 gallons but I bought another 75...with just oven & one wall heater that should last a couple of years...I REALLY miss my vintage Hardwick stove/oven...this electric stove top & I had several come to Jesus meetings already...

Today I have small pork tenderloin in crockpot...will make garlic mashed potatoes, either peas/beans & CORNBREAD for supper...also my homegrown tomatoes...yeehaw country life is definitely agreeing with me...=)

Spirit67_
Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#7239 Jul 11, 2014
Most probably a salad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 2 min Concerned_American 3,037
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 5 min Mutant-cucumber 6,219
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Dave 31,011
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 7 min wichita-rick 1,006
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 7 min Mutant-cucumber 1,720
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Rider on the Storm 225,383
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 31 min Pardon Pard 47,731
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Concerned_American 150,649
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Sublime1 6,568
Any single,weird,eccentric women? 5 hr LIMnologist 22
More from around the web