What's for dinner?

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6517 Feb 3, 2014
We went out to dinner, Samurai Steak House and Grill, YUMMY!

Since: Jun 13

American West

#6518 Feb 4, 2014
I am going to make a big pot of my very good chili with
corn bread !

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6519 Feb 4, 2014
I just put a pork loin in the crock pot!

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6520 Feb 4, 2014
probably leftovers from breakfast...biscuits, white milk gravy, & bacon...maybe eggs & hash brownsx if he wants them...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6521 Feb 4, 2014
Italian meatloaf

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6522 Feb 4, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
well Mr Whistle Britches, I make my own pizzas (never buy frozen) but just throw em in reg pizza pan & chunk in the oven ...my (now) ex MIL gave me a pizza stone many yrs ago but I always forget to use the darn thing lol...hmm we need to eat up some leftovers but now you've got me craving PIZZA!!!...maybe this weekend...=)
I made my first pizzas last night.

Ummmmmm .... let's just say, I found out the hard way that you need to make the directly pizza on the peel itself.

I made them on a thin plastic cutting board (coated with flour) and could not get the damn things off and onto the peel. SOOO, I improvised and made calizones.

It's a work in progress and will take some time to get it down pat. I'm trying to talk my wife into making the dough right now so that I can try again when I get home.

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#6523 Feb 4, 2014
Pasta Fagioli, or Pasta Fazool as Ma used to call it...with ciabatta for sopping up...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6524 Feb 4, 2014
Hot Dogs and Sauerkraut, Mashed potatoes, Fruit Salad..Biscuits and Chocolate Cream Pie !!!!

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Here, There, and Everywhere,..

#6525 Feb 4, 2014
LifeLover,...I'm Starving Here,...Hello,...Wake Up,...

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#6526 Feb 4, 2014
Beef & lentils
Used those smoked beef short ribs & onions,carrots & celery for my base
Cooked in presto cooker instead of crock pot. Rick

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6527 Feb 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I made my first pizzas last night.
Ummmmmm .... let's just say, I found out the hard way that you need to make the directly pizza on the peel itself.
I made them on a thin plastic cutting board (coated with flour) and could not get the damn things off and onto the peel. SOOO, I improvised and made calizones.
It's a work in progress and will take some time to get it down pat. I'm trying to talk my wife into making the dough right now so that I can try again when I get home.
GOOD for you!!! Yep ya live & learn...I love trying new things...sometimes it works out & sometimes it doesn't... keeps life interesting...=)

dinner tonight? I have NO idea...

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6528 Feb 5, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD for you!!! Yep ya live & learn...I love trying new things...sometimes it works out & sometimes it doesn't... keeps life interesting...=)
dinner tonight? I have NO idea...
0-2 is so not good. I made better pizzas on my stupid pizza presto thingy!

I made 2 again last night. I put too much flour on the peel and the pizzas tasted like flour. After cooking the first one (which outside of the flour problem, cooked perfectly), the crust on the second one cooked faster than the toppings and cheese (I just put it in my regular oven on the top rack and backed it for awhile).

So, my next plan is to try making my pizzas a little smaller and use less flour on the peel (after the previous disaster I figured I would put a crap load of flour on the peel just to make sure I could get the pizza off it and in the oven). I'm also going to move the lower pizza stone up, which should help the crust cook slower.

I also bought an infrared digital thermometer so I can monitor the temperatures on the upper and lower pizza stones and dial it in just right and consistently. My wife was rolling her eyes when I said I was buying one, lmao!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6529 Feb 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
0-2 is so not good. I made better pizzas on my stupid pizza presto thingy!
I made 2 again last night. I put too much flour on the peel and the pizzas tasted like flour. After cooking the first one (which outside of the flour problem, cooked perfectly), the crust on the second one cooked faster than the toppings and cheese (I just put it in my regular oven on the top rack and backed it for awhile).
So, my next plan is to try making my pizzas a little smaller and use less flour on the peel (after the previous disaster I figured I would put a crap load of flour on the peel just to make sure I could get the pizza off it and in the oven). I'm also going to move the lower pizza stone up, which should help the crust cook slower.
I also bought an infrared digital thermometer so I can monitor the temperatures on the upper and lower pizza stones and dial it in just right and consistently. My wife was rolling her eyes when I said I was buying one, lmao!
WHAT?? Ya got the COOKIN' GADGET FEVER!! Less TIME spent with YOUR Ole' Lady..ENJOYING Eating the Homemade Pizza...MEN!!!

Now me..AM dip my finger..In the Mashed potatoes and Gravy...TEMP TASTE...and FINGER PAINT my Hubby's NEKKID BOD...and then LICK him with my Tongue..Placing the TIP onto his TONGUE..

DINNER IS SERVED!!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6530 Feb 5, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT?? Ya got the COOKIN' GADGET FEVER!! Less TIME spent with YOUR Ole' Lady..ENJOYING Eating the Homemade Pizza...MEN!!!
Now me..AM dip my finger..In the Mashed potatoes and Gravy...TEMP TASTE...and FINGER PAINT my Hubby's NEKKID BOD...and then LICK him with my Tongue..Placing the TIP onto his TONGUE..
DINNER IS SERVED!!
That was just dinner, silly. For dessert, after doing most of our taxes and watching a dateline murder mystery (she likes those) together, I had her my way.

:D

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6531 Feb 5, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
0-2 is so not good. I made better pizzas on my stupid pizza presto thingy!
I made 2 again last night. I put too much flour on the peel and the pizzas tasted like flour. After cooking the first one (which outside of the flour problem, cooked perfectly), the crust on the second one cooked faster than the toppings and cheese (I just put it in my regular oven on the top rack and backed it for awhile).
So, my next plan is to try making my pizzas a little smaller and use less flour on the peel (after the previous disaster I figured I would put a crap load of flour on the peel just to make sure I could get the pizza off it and in the oven). I'm also going to move the lower pizza stone up, which should help the crust cook slower.
I also bought an infrared digital thermometer so I can monitor the temperatures on the upper and lower pizza stones and dial it in just right and consistently. My wife was rolling her eyes when I said I was buying one, lmao!
try throwing a little cornmeal under crust too

we're having chili frito pies tonight

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#6532 Feb 5, 2014
Yes that is what I was going to say also. that meal helps stabilize the crust when it as high temps
I make a crust with flour, cornmeal & tapioca starch that holds up to abuse,I use it hot baking before I place it in a slow cooker.
I actually collect kitchen "junk" & have a wide variety of things to peel,slice do kitchen stuff,,also have a lg. kitchen jar collection :)
I don't fry much, so am always studying new binders for different ingredients ,I have successively cooked off fruit with flour & starch.
Rick

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6533 Feb 6, 2014
its pot luck time - leftovers!

this ain't no restaurant u know!

lol

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6534 Feb 6, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
try throwing a little cornmeal under crust too
we're having chili frito pies tonight
Yes, I read that some folks use that or a special kind of flour. Some folks complain that they don't like the cornmeal taste and prefer to use flour, tho.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6535 Feb 6, 2014
PFfff wrote:
its pot luck time - leftovers!
this ain't no restaurant u know!
lol
when someone complains round here I tell em, "this aint the Yall Come Back Café" lol

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6536 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I read that some folks use that or a special kind of flour. Some folks complain that they don't like the cornmeal taste and prefer to use flour, tho.
my suggestion was to just sprinkle a little on pan/stone "under" the crust...keeps dough from sticking ...and yes to each his own...=)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Politically Incor... 73,322
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 min Old Sam 149,783
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Old Sam 23,354
Trolliday Inn -- We'll leave the light on for you 3 min Spotted Girl 5
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 3 min Old Sam 7,164
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 3 min Once Again 37
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 4 min Old Sam 2,748
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 4 min Popcorn 50
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 40 min oddie 21,427
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr encore 213,042
More from around the web