What's for dinner?

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6436 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
well Mr Whistle Britches, I make my own pizzas (never buy frozen) but just throw em in reg pizza pan & chunk in the oven ...my (now) ex MIL gave me a pizza stone many yrs ago but I always forget to use the darn thing lol...hmm we need to eat up some leftovers but now you've got me craving PIZZA!!!...maybe this weekend...=)
I was thinking the same and hoping my oven would be here by this weekend, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6437 Jan 22, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same and hoping my oven would be here by this weekend, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I'm good now...OMG I just made the most incredibly good pan of incredibly good biscuits!!! AND SO incredibly easy!!! SO we'll have them, leftover chili, & baked taters...did I mention they're incredible!?!?!? Thank you Facebook!!! Sure...you think I'm over reacting but it took me a yr back in early 80s to learn to make a decent biscuit...got divorced & never really put much effort into it again...but have been experimenting for maybe past yr...found a good recipe maybe 6 mos ago...easy & good but then lost dang recipe...then I saw this recipe...SO I am walking on sunshine!!! yeah yeah...even mopped kitchen floor while they were baking...WIH is wrong with me today? LOL

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6438 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>I'm good now...OMG I just made the most incredibly good pan of incredibly good biscuits!!! AND SO incredibly easy!!! SO we'll have them, leftover chili, & baked taters...did I mention they're incredible!?!?!? Thank you Facebook!!! Sure...you think I'm over reacting but it took me a yr back in early 80s to learn to make a decent biscuit...got divorced & never really put much effort into it again...but have been experimenting for maybe past yr...found a good recipe maybe 6 mos ago...easy & good but then lost dang recipe...then I saw this recipe...SO I am walking on sunshine!!! yeah yeah...even mopped kitchen floor while they were baking...WIH is wrong with me today? LOL
Ola! You big tease!!! Where is this recipe??
beatlesinthebog

Auckland, New Zealand

#6439 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good now...OMG I just made the most incredibly good pan of incredibly good biscuits!!! AND SO incredibly easy!!! SO we'll have them, leftover chili, & baked taters...did I mention they're incredible!?!?!? Thank you Facebook!!! Sure...you think I'm over reacting but it took me a yr back in early 80s to learn to make a decent biscuit...got divorced & never really put much effort into it again...but have been experimenting for maybe past yr...found a good recipe maybe 6 mos ago...easy & good but then lost dang recipe...then I saw this recipe...SO I am walking on sunshine!!! yeah yeah...even mopped kitchen floor while they were baking...WIH is wrong with me today? LOL
.....on my way !!!!!~ P.S ~ NOTHING !

Level 8

Location hidden

#6440 Jan 22, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Ola! You big tease!!! Where is this recipe??
do I HAVE to SHARE!?!?!? I wanna feel brilliant for a bit longer lol

melt 1/2 c butter in 9 x 13 cookie sheet or casserole dish

Mix 4 c Bisquick, 1 c 7 Up, 1 c sour cream (dough will be very soft)

Knead dough & fold using Bisquick (oppsss I forgot to knead) lol

cut with cookie/biscuit cutter (I just formed rectangle & cut into 12 squares)

Bake at 425 for 15-20 mins or til golden brown...

PS I posted pic on FB & meetme...=)

Level 8

Location hidden

#6441 Jan 22, 2014
OH you just place biscuits in pan atop melted butter...I also placed that cookie sheet into larger cookie sheet to avoid spills

Level 8

Location hidden

#6442 Jan 22, 2014
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>.....on my way !!!!!~ P.S ~ NOTHING !
well there IS a dozen...we wont eat them all...I don't think? the princess bf is coming over so??? and I am happy to report they are incredibly delicious at least with homemade cane syrup...

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#6443 Jan 22, 2014
MMMMMMMMMMM!

Sounds great! forgot about that trick,is a lot of old recipes,pie crusts ,pound cake etc. that call for "soda water" or 7up.

Thanks my daughter will love doing this. Rick

I found this same thing with pics.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7-up-biscuits/

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6444 Jan 22, 2014
Sounds good! Thanks for sharing.

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#6445 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>do I HAVE to SHARE!?!?!? I wanna feel brilliant for a bit longer lol

melt 1/2 c butter in 9 x 13 cookie sheet or casserole dish

Mix 4 c Bisquick, 1 c 7 Up, 1 c sour cream (dough will be very soft)

Knead dough & fold using Bisquick (oppsss I forgot to knead) lol

cut with cookie/biscuit cutter (I just formed rectangle & cut into 12 squares)

Bake at 425 for 15-20 mins or til golden brown...

PS I posted pic on FB & meetme...=)
Thanks!!!! Now I can be brilliant :)

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#6446 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>well there IS a dozen...we wont eat them all...I don't think? the princess bf is coming over so??? and I am happy to report they are incredibly delicious at least with homemade cane syrup...
Miss Ola!!!! You are KILLING me! Ya hear me!!! Homemade cane syrup? You know what to do next...will be waiting for "that" recipe... ;)
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#6447 Jan 22, 2014
Homemade pot pies, garlic bread, and steamed carrots with brown sugar.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#6448 Jan 22, 2014
A LARGE Tossed Salad w/Grilled Chicken Strips and Kraft Fruit Flavored Mini Marsh mallows Mixed in..W/ Cucumber Ranch Dressing (Kraft)...BETTER THAN SEX!!!

HELL.
With The TEA!!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Chicago, IL

#6449 Jan 22, 2014
Made some chicken veggie soup with the broth and meat from Sunday's roast chicken. That all-day tantalizing aroma did not belie the awesomeness of actually eating it, either. Nothing could be better on a frigid day like today.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6450 Jan 22, 2014
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Ola!!!! You are KILLING me! Ya hear me!!! Homemade cane syrup? You know what to do next...will be waiting for "that" recipe... ;)
first ya plant the sugar cane
then ya harvest the sugar cane

sheesh I didn't MAKE the syrup...a local family here does...=)

“Hi!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#6451 Jan 22, 2014
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>first ya plant the sugar cane
then ya harvest the sugar cane

sheesh I didn't MAKE the syrup...a local family here does...=)
LOL! I figured you could do anything.

“16 is NOT my age. ”

Level 3

Since: Mar 11

KC MO

#6452 Jan 22, 2014
Baked chicken.
Chuy

Matawan, NJ

#6453 Jan 22, 2014
The Number Six Combo

Level 4

Since: Apr 13

Scarborough, Canada

#6454 Jan 22, 2014
One bologna sandwich and some raw broccoli. Macadamia nut cookies and milk for desset.

“Smokin' Hot'n'Feelin' Groovy”

Level 9

Since: Apr 12

Been There,Done That,Now What?

#6455 Jan 22, 2014
LifeLover's Sweet Home Cooking,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 min Naturally Wired 2,982
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,951
What is your favorite sandwich? 4 min Naturally Wired 11
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 4 min Naturally Wired 1,206
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? (Apr '17) 5 min Naturally Wired 701
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# 5 min Naturally Wired 414
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Well is it 34,797
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 53 min grace fallen 227,168
More from around the web