“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#5390 Jul 9, 2013

Using the last of some homeade ,homestyle farm sausage that was gifted to me at Christmas,making white gravy in the crock pot,then making butter biscuits from scratch, eating watermelon & cucumbers from the Yd. Rick

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5391 Jul 9, 2013
Chicken w/steamed veggies and brown rice!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5392 Jul 9, 2013
Sliced Tomatoes and Cucumbers...with salt and pepper.. and Sour Cream for Dipping...

Light Dinner... WANNA Float in the pool...

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

CENLA

#5393 Jul 9, 2013
Old Sam wrote:
...chicken and rice casserole, okra, purple hull peas, cucumbers and onion salad, and cantaloupe....
with iced tea. earl grey.
you gotta get that dinner bell fixed...again, I didn't hear it rang...

...why must I torture myself this way but I gotta ask...fried okra? yum...or was it cooked with peas? yuck...

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

CENLA

#5394 Jul 9, 2013
when greg was in high school a friend of his (girl) had him try her sandwich at lunch one day...scrambled egg with mustard...well he has been tellin me for almost 2 yrs (where has the time gone?) that I just had to try it...SO we had that & bacon & sliced tomatoes...the princess fried her an egg...yuck...

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

CENLA

#5395 Jul 10, 2013
tuna salad sandwiches, lays tater chips & sliced maters for us...miss thang had a baked boneless skinless chicken thigh drowned in buffalo sauce & a salad...

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5396 Jul 10, 2013
It's a speed dial kind of night! Probably Mexican something!

“GO LITTLE VETTE”

Level 5

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5397 Jul 10, 2013
2 oz hamburger, garden fresh green onion and tomato plus 2 oz peaches

“..vote early..vote often..but”

Since: Jun 08

....re-elect no one.......

#5398 Jul 10, 2013
just_ola wrote:
<quoted text>
you gotta get that dinner bell fixed...again, I didn't hear it rang...
...why must I torture myself this way but I gotta ask...fried okra? yum...or was it cooked with peas? yuck...
...i rarely fry anything anymore.....the okra was steamed...lightly....and left whole to keep the slime away.......

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#5399 Jul 10, 2013
PRETZELS and Beer.. CHIPS and Jello Shots... and Line Dancing.. Ye Haw!!!

“Somewhere within...”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

...the Topix mainframe.

#5400 Jul 11, 2013
Thai food tonight.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Rockin' USA ;)

#5401 Jul 11, 2013
McDonalds Big Macs , French Fries and Cokes...SUPER SIZE ME!!!

Nooooo DIRTY DISHES...tonight!!

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

CENLA

#5402 Jul 11, 2013
they had tacos...I skipped dinner...

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#5403 Jul 11, 2013
Pizza Hut cheesy bread and hot wings. It's too hot to stand in the kitchen stewing in my own juices. Haha. ;)

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#5404 Jul 11, 2013
Wanted the house to smell good,because folks from a mentoring group my daughter is involved with were coming over,so I needed something in the crockpot.
Used boneless chicken browned with peppers & onion &
made sauce with o.j.,vinegar,ginger ale,ginger,garlic,curry paste & tomato paste, mixed & put chicken with veggies,carrots,green beans,squash from the yd.cooked on low .
Made whole wheat rotini ,mixed with no fat sour cream & used under the chicken & veggies. Ice water.
Rick

“Sing a song of 6 pence”

Level 7

Since: Jun 12

Pocket full of wry

#5405 Jul 11, 2013
wichita-rick wrote:
Wanted the house to smell good,because folks from a mentoring group my daughter is involved with were coming over,so I needed something in the crockpot.
Used boneless chicken browned with peppers & onion &
made sauce with o.j.,vinegar,ginger ale,ginger,garlic,curry paste & tomato paste, mixed & put chicken with veggies,carrots,green beans,squash from the yd.cooked on low .
Made whole wheat rotini ,mixed with no fat sour cream & used under the chicken & veggies. Ice water.
Rick
Wow that is impressive Rick. Every kid should be lucky enough to have a great dad like this. You rock Rick!

Level 6

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#5406 Jul 11, 2013
Melody_E wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that is impressive Rick. Every kid should be lucky enough to have a great dad like this. You rock Rick!
That was nice thanks. Pretty normal stuff,but that curry,ginger really made great air freshener lol "If" was trying to impress someone,have to wait until winter & I'll make REAL cheese cake with 4 kinds of chocolate lol
Served those people lemonade with frozen strawberries for ice cubes
I am very thankful for them,it basically will work out now ,so the volunteer hrs. my kid has put in & continues to put in ,will count towards college credit ,she is a senior at 15,so looking good on paper ,really is important I guess.
But yes again thanks . actually have been cooking since I was a teen,IMO haven't done much to impressive for awhile ,don't have all the other people to cook with & for like I used to & prices are crazy. Thanks . Rick

“Some Beach”

Level 4

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5407 Jul 12, 2013
Had take out pizza last night,,,but think I will be grilling tonight,,,pork chops, jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon(think I got the recipe from someone here)and the kiddo wants broccoli,,,not on the grill of course,,,lol

“Trump This!!!”

Level 8

CENLA

#5408 Jul 12, 2013
manwich sandwiches & chips...the princess is cooking for the gang...my bestie & her 3 girls...she is taking some summer classes & her net provider will not allow some of the simulation she needs so she came over last night & got started on assignment

NO I did not say stimulation lol

he is bout to pick me up for quick trip to neighboring town ...maybe will eat out?

Level 7

Location hidden

#5409 Jul 12, 2013
Going on the easy tonight! This week has been BUSY.......

Grilled Cheese sandwiches and soup! Potato soup from the can.......

Can't wait! One my favorites..........REALLY!

Have a good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Chimney1 121,048
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min CJ Rocker 149,086
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 34 min Captn Morgan 6,841
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 44 min mrbill3 40,429
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 56 min Princess Hey 77,373
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 54,841
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 22,239
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 7 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 8 hr -CatCiao- 410