Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4677 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome. I'll try to make it again and give everyone ingredient amounts.
I think you all will like it.
Gee do all guys cook like that? I know my husband does that kind of stuff too. It comes out great about 98% of the time......then I step in and cool him off. He gets a little testy if the dish doesn't come out right! But that man can grill, smoke, Fry, anything!!

Just eye's it! How can you guys do that is beyond me........

Sounds great!

:)

Level 7

Location hidden

#4678 May 4, 2013
We are having tonight Ranch burgers, French fries and if I get my but moving devils food cake with chocolate icing!

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

New York, NY

#4679 May 4, 2013
I'm a bachelor this weekend sos cookin is easy...
Grilled Hebrew Nationals chili dogs and B+M baked beans.
Sam Adams Porch Rocker...
Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4680 May 4, 2013
Tonight is free for all night. Any thing you can find to eat is fair game. Its Mom's night off. Several will eat cereal, they will all end up going out to get burgers.

“Some like it hot!!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4681 May 4, 2013
Grilled T- bone, loaded baked potato, green salad, rolls and sweet tea! From local steakhouse. Home for dessert chocolate pie and coffee. Yum!!!

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4682 May 5, 2013
The weather is fine so.. BBQ!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4683 May 5, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee do all guys cook like that? I know my husband does that kind of stuff too. It comes out great about 98% of the time......then I step in and cool him off. He gets a little testy if the dish doesn't come out right! But that man can grill, smoke, Fry, anything!!
Just eye's it! How can you guys do that is beyond me........
Sounds great!
I don't think it's that uncommon. It is something I enjoy doing.

I think when you have some degree of familiarity with quite a few recipes you sort of understand what ingredients and spices go good with what. Then you can stat messing around and trying to come up with new things. Eyeballing is the same thing ... after awhile you just kinda know amount is just about right and you can adjust based on taste as it cooks.

I don't get too bothered if things don't turn out right. You are going to fail when trying new things sometimes. I am happy, tho, when something really good comes out of it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4684 May 5, 2013
Madam sin, your avatar is very fitting of your name and hot.

Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4685 May 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome. I'll try to make it again and give everyone ingredient amounts.
I think you all will like it.
Absolutely loved it, as did family. They said to give props to you.
:)))

Level 8

Location hidden

#4686 May 5, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely loved it, as did family. They said to give props to you.
:)))
Oh good! I'm happy to hear that.

:D

Level 7

Location hidden

#4687 May 5, 2013
Going all out tonight Jacks frozen pizza!

Level 7

Location hidden

#4688 May 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's that uncommon. It is something I enjoy doing.
I think when you have some degree of familiarity with quite a few recipes you sort of understand what ingredients and spices go good with what. Then you can stat messing around and trying to come up with new things. Eyeballing is the same thing ... after awhile you just kinda know amount is just about right and you can adjust based on taste as it cooks.
I don't get too bothered if things don't turn out right. You are going to fail when trying new things sometimes. I am happy, tho, when something really good comes out of it.
I understand what you are saying I guess it's more me when it comes to measuring the amounts of things. I just know my husband will say do you think this is enough and I will say how much water or what ever did you put in and he will say I don't know. Then I just think and sometimes say I don't know then? I do make changes to dishes and cut them down a lot but write it down so I can be for sure for the next.

I don't think my grandmother ever measured a thing in all her years & more then likely not now even.

Thanks!

Have a good one!

Level 6

Location hidden

#4689 May 5, 2013
I don't measure unless I'm throwing a big dinner such as x-mas dinner for extended family. Usually comes out good. My dad started teaching me how to cook when I was 4 and that's they way he cooked. Tonight I'm making something easy, have it narrowed down to 3 choices, this weather makes me not want to do much.

“Some like it hot!!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4690 May 5, 2013
Meatloaf, cabbage , potatoes, white beans, and cornbread . Sweet tea and chocolate pie.
Company is coming...
Wishing all a good Sunday

Level 9

Location hidden

#4691 May 5, 2013
Pork chops, salad, green beans

“If you're happy & you know it”

Level 7

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#4692 May 5, 2013
If I can stand the heat I'll be roasting a chicken w/all the fixings.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4693 May 5, 2013
Sally Brown wrote:
<quoted text>I understand what you are saying I guess it's more me when it comes to measuring the amounts of things. I just know my husband will say do you think this is enough and I will say how much water or what ever did you put in and he will say I don't know. Then I just think and sometimes say I don't know then? I do make changes to dishes and cut them down a lot but write it down so I can be for sure for the next.

I don't think my grandmother ever measured a thing in all her years & more then likely not now even.

Thanks!

Have a good one!
You too!

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4694 May 5, 2013
We don't eat much..so hot dogs and fries..Relaxing today (O:

Level 9

New York, NY

#4695 May 5, 2013
I dined at the VFW tonight. The appetizer I chose was a couple bags of beer nuts followed by the main course of bbq beef+black bean burritos with corn chips+salsa.
Budweiser on tap...

“Dancin' in the Rain”

Level 4

Location hidden

#4696 May 5, 2013
Grilled cheeseburgers and french fries

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min whatimeisit 6,641
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 147,209
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 7 min whatimeisit 25,961
last word - first (Jun '12) 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,946
'Hoosier Hillbilly' or 'Barack Obama' Who'd Be... 11 min Grace Nerissa 28
Name 3 things better then sex or money .... 18 min Grace Nerissa 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 30 min Grace Nerissa 36,493
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nikola Tesla 20,520
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 2 hr wichita-rick 6