Location hidden

#4658 May 3, 2013
Blackened rib~eye, baked potato and side salad with rolls and butter
sweet tea ....... at a steak house.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4659 May 3, 2013
Angus steak, petite (not to be confused with big boned) green peas, and something else ... I'm not sure what else yet ... getting a late start (I'm hungry too no food today for me).

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4660 May 3, 2013
I say, "I'm starving." He says, "Not really hungry. Still have horrible heartburn from lunch." I say, "I'll just grab Chinese takeout." He says, "Let's go eat Mexican." I say, "Yeah that makes sense!!!"

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4661 May 3, 2013
its PIZZA FRIDAY!!

Laura Beth

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4662 May 3, 2013
Liver and onions , with potato skins , and garlic , cheesy ,quiche .

“Life is a beach”

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4663 May 3, 2013
More tuna salad
Just about past the craving I had for it!
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4664 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I threw some chicken, chicken broth, water, peas, carrots, celery, corn, seasoning (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, parsley, bay leaves), cream of chicken, and dumplings (I used pie crust) into the crock pot.
I have no idea how it will turn out, but it smells good.
Since it turned out awesome and I have all that stuff, guess what I'm attempting tonight? LOL

Level 8

Location hidden

#4665 May 4, 2013
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it turned out awesome and I have all that stuff, guess what I'm attempting tonight? LOL
I kind of surprised myself at how well it tasted ... I will sometimes try to invent new things in the kitchen and it's usually only okay. That was a TOTAL home run. I thought of it because I wanted something that tasted like chicken pot pie, but without having to make an actual pie.

I did a lot of eyeballing with my ingredients otherwise I would share the exact amounts of things, but this may be helpful:

I would say I used about 6 chicken breasts (I used chicken strips, but I would guess it would equal out to about 6 whole chicken breasts). Cut them into one or two inch cubes.

I used a quart of the chicken broth (I think it’s a quart … one of those containers made out of waxed paper)

I used two regular sized cans of cream of chicken.

Add two cans of water (I added one or two ... not sure right now)

Another veggie that would go well in there would be green beans I thought, but it was fine as it was and I’m sure you could add just about anything to it.

Don’t forget the onions and flour too (Flour will thicken sauce … think I added about 2 or 3 table spoons, but you can always add more at the end if it is not thick enough for you … probably best to go easy on it and if it is not thick enough at the end add a little more)

You get a lot of your flavoring from the poultry seasoning … I added some at the start and then as it cooked I tasted it and found that it could use a little more … so I added more maybe an hour before it was done … probably best to go easy on it at first and add more if you need it.

Just tear pie crust and roll it into little balls maybe an inch to an inch and a half in diameter (I used two pie crusts).

Good luck! I hope it turns out good!

Laura Beth

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4666 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I kind of surprised myself at how well it tasted ... I will sometimes try to invent new things in the kitchen and it's usually only okay. That was a TOTAL home run. I thought of it because I wanted something that tasted like chicken pot pie, but without having to make an actual pie.

I did a lot of eyeballing with my ingredients otherwise I would share the exact amounts of things, but this may be helpful:

I would say I used about 6 chicken breasts (I used chicken strips, but I would guess it would equal out to about 6 whole chicken breasts). Cut them into one or two inch cubes.

I used a quart of the chicken broth (I think it’s a quart … one of those containers made out of waxed paper)

I used two regular sized cans of cream of chicken.

Add two cans of water (I added one or two ... not sure right now)

Another veggie that would go well in there would be green beans I thought, but it was fine as it was and I’m sure you could add just about anything to it.

Don’t forget the onions and flour too (Flour will thicken sauce … think I added about 2 or 3 table spoons, but you can always add more at the end if it is not thick enough for you … probably best to go easy on it and if it is not thick enough at the end add a little more)

You get a lot of your flavoring from the poultry seasoning … I added some at the start and then as it cooked I tasted it and found that it could use a little more … so I added more maybe an hour before it was done … probably best to go easy on it at first and add more if you need it.

Just tear pie crust and roll it into little balls maybe an inch to an inch and a half in diameter (I used two pie crusts).

Good luck! I hope it turns out good!
This sounds yummy ! I will have to try your recipe out . Thanks for sharing

Level 8

Location hidden

#4667 May 4, 2013
Laura Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds yummy ! I will have to try your recipe out . Thanks for sharing
Your welcome. I'll try to make it again and give everyone ingredient amounts.

I think you all will like it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4668 May 4, 2013
arrgh ... "you're" welcome

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#4669 May 4, 2013
Grilled Lamb Chops, Baked Sliced Taters and Onions, in foil, California Blend Veggies, dinner rolls, Flan and Hot Java..Tra-La-La...To Granny's House We Goooooo!!.. HAH-HAH!!...And YOU thought ..I was GONE FOR GOOD!!..j/k..;)

Level 8

Location hidden

#4670 May 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome. I'll try to make it again and give everyone ingredient amounts.
I think you all will like it.
I wrote down ingredients as well...will try it soon =)

tonight-
spaghetti & TX toast

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4671 May 4, 2013
I'm not hungry.
I'm intrigued by TX toast tho'. Recipe please Ola

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4672 May 4, 2013
Pancakes, bacon and eggs with strawberry jam as a syrup.

Level 8

Location hidden

#4673 May 4, 2013
madam sin wrote:
I'm not hungry.
I'm intrigued by TX toast tho'. Recipe please Ola
Go to your local Brookshire's
Grab box from frozen section
Bring it home & throw in into preheated oven

Wal-Lah ...=)

Its just thick sliced bread with butter/garlic/seasonings

“maybe”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#4674 May 4, 2013
don't know
haven't had lunch yet

“..the Clinton Foundation....”

Since: Jun 08

..gift that keeps on giving...

#4675 May 4, 2013
...venison roast a la crockpot, with the attendant onions, carrots and taters, cucumber/mater/onion salad, cornbread (maybe), and cantaloupe.....

with iced tea. earl grey.

“Cruising U.S.A.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

General Motors

#4676 May 4, 2013
Green Fairy Surprise,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 10,155
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,928
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 9 min Northbound 1,625
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min THE LONE WORKER 199,401
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 17 min Northbound 8
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 23 min Hoosier Hillbilly 35,213
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 24 min Denny CranesPlace 19,696
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 46 min 8541 MARINE 56,850
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Northbound 192,902
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Northbound 7,437
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Bad Bex 7,260
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 hr Poppyann 2,287
More from around the web