“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#3006 Jan 3, 2013
TenderTink wrote:
I think a simple tuna casserole tonight....
Haven't made up my mind yet.
Sounds great. I had Chinese

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3007 Jan 3, 2013
Chili,grilled cheese sandwiches, crakers, and chunks of colby cheese. Sweet tea to drink, cookies for sweets.

“...gotta love that sunshine...”

Since: Jun 08

..but hate the wind....

#3008 Jan 3, 2013
...tonight was chili a la Old Sam, cornbread, guacamole, and some flan, courtesy of the abuelita up the street...

with iced tea. plain old (kroger) black.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#3009 Jan 4, 2013
chicken and potato salad
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#3010 Jan 4, 2013
Lots of great dinner ideas on this thread. Right now, I'm thinking about breakfast, lol. I may make an omelet for me and hubby this a:m. Some chopped red onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach and a bit of cheese and seasonings - so good. My triglycerides are rather high so I mix one whole egg with two egg whites. I also remove the squiggles, lol. There's a controversy on whether eating eggs is bad for cholesterol, although they are nutritious. I generally have oatmeal (steel cut oats) for breakfast. Not a fan of oatmeal, but it's a lot better with a little 100% maple syrup, cinnamon and baked apples. I made Sauerkraut and pork with a side of mashed potatoes for New Year's Day. It has been a traditional favorite in my family since I was a child. Had some leftovers and it's even better the 2nd day. Any ideas/recipes for one pot meals anyone? I found that making a big pot of stew, soup, spaghetti and meatballs, etc., can help save on your food bill and saves time in the kitchen since all you have to do is reheat.

Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3011 Jan 4, 2013
60s chic wrote:
Lots of great dinner ideas on this thread. Right now, I'm thinking about breakfast, lol. I may make an omelet for me and hubby this a:m. Some chopped red onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach and a bit of cheese and seasonings - so good. My triglycerides are rather high so I mix one whole egg with two egg whites. I also remove the squiggles, lol. There's a controversy on whether eating eggs is bad for cholesterol, although they are nutritious. I generally have oatmeal (steel cut oats) for breakfast. Not a fan of oatmeal, but it's a lot better with a little 100% maple syrup, cinnamon and baked apples. I made Sauerkraut and pork with a side of mashed potatoes for New Year's Day. It has been a traditional favorite in my family since I was a child. Had some leftovers and it's even better the 2nd day. Any ideas/recipes for one pot meals anyone? I found that making a big pot of stew, soup, spaghetti and meatballs, etc., can help save on your food bill and saves time in the kitchen since all you have to do is reheat.
Hi 60's chick.
Last night we had sandwiches,
so tonight I made a variation of tuna casserole.
Thought you might find it interesting.
My family loved it.

In a 6-8 cup sized copper bottom stew pot I poured
1- cup water
1- 10 oz. can cream of mushroom
1 +3/4 cans milk (the soup can)
1 - 12 oz can tuna in water (with the water)
Brought that to a low boil and added
1- package (store brand) Hamburger Helper Double cheeseburger mix and noodles.
Stirred it all up;
covered and simmered it for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 or so.
Took the lid off to thicken and cool.
Served it on toast.
:-)
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3012 Jan 4, 2013
salmon, gingered broccoli, couscous with figs and slivered almonds, a handful of raisins, a tangerine, herbal tea (no sweetener), miso soup and 1 Butterscotch lollipop from Sees. and you know i'll be hitting up the dark chocolate later.

..but hate the wind....

#3013 Jan 4, 2013
...braised spareribs and sauerkraut, baked sweet taters, cucumber-onion-mater salad, and Tums for dessert......

with iced tea. irish breakfast.

“From Dusk To Dawn,...”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Cruising U.S.A.

#3014 Jan 4, 2013
French Onion Soup, Swiss Cheese

Level 6

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3015 Jan 4, 2013
Pork ribs from the smoker. Mustard egg potato salad, and thick baked beans. Was very good.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3016 Jan 4, 2013
not seeing many veggies here peeps.....shall i tantalize you with some recipes? or would that fall upon deaf ears?

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3017 Jan 4, 2013
Steph wrote:
not seeing many veggies here peeps.....shall i tantalize you with some recipes? or would that fall upon deaf ears?
I enjoy new recipes! Wish someone would start thread with their favorite recipes.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3018 Jan 4, 2013
Roast Beef, with ALL the root veggies, tossed salad with Ranch Dressing, Garlic French bread toast, Fruit cup and Iced tea with lemon..
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3019 Jan 4, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy new recipes! Wish someone would start thread with their favorite recipes.
oh that's a good idea!
most of mine are crazy healthy though.....

“Hi!”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3020 Jan 4, 2013
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>oh that's a good idea!
most of mine are crazy healthy though.....
Maybe we will all learn something new. Do it :)
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3021 Jan 4, 2013
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we will all learn something new. Do it :)
i'll think about it. i'm kinda obsessed with kale right now.....

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3022 Jan 5, 2013
Last night's post didn't stick...or someone stole my BLT's lol

..but hate the wind....

#3023 Jan 5, 2013
...tonight the eldest offspring and family came for a visit, took us to Dixie Cafe.....and PAID?!!!!!...

“Brains are wonderful,”

Level 5

Since: May 10

I wish everyone had one.

#3024 Jan 5, 2013
A ham sandwich and potato chips ..... yuk.
Steph

Sausalito, CA

#3025 Jan 5, 2013
In the Vitamix: raw spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, hot sauce, water (like a V-8, but actual food), a bowl of blueberries, a left over hunk of salmon from last night, brown rice, herbal tea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Ac/DC drummer Phil Rudd risked arrest in... 5 min Xstains In Name Only 1
Six Elemental Rules About Topix Arguments 5 min Dr Wu 12
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Fletcher Reede 37,493
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min dirtclod 127,730
~~** WELL.. I Never!!! **~~ (Apr '13) 8 min quilterqueen 253
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 9 min cereal poster 249
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 12 min Dr Wu 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min ms_Sweeter 151,091
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 33 min COOTERDOG 24,004
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 37 min thought 8,048