Bradd Pitt Announces Katrina Rebuildi...

Bradd Pitt Announces Katrina Rebuilding Contest

There are 16 comments on the KSDK-TV Saint Louis story from Apr 20, 2006, titled Bradd Pitt Announces Katrina Rebuilding Contest. In it, KSDK-TV Saint Louis reports that:

Brad Pitt announced he's sponsoring an environmentally friendly design competition to rebuild parts of New Orleans devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSDK-TV Saint Louis.

Mark from Idaho

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 20, 2006
While he is at it, maybe he should rebuild his brain. Rebuilding anything in a bowl-shaped depression below sea level is just stupid. Mother nature is going to reclaim that area for the sea - maybe in one decade, maybe in ten decades. But man's puny efforts will eventually be swept away.
Anybody who wants to live in a hurricane zone deserves whatever they get.

Since: Apr 06

Hallandale Beach

#2 Apr 21, 2006
I agree. Re-building at the bottom of a fish bowl is a huge waste of money. I certainly don't want any of the taxes that I pay the Feds to go to this fruitless effort.
Mark from Idaho wrote:
While he is at it, maybe he should rebuild his brain. Rebuilding anything in a bowl-shaped depression below sea level is just stupid. Mother nature is going to reclaim that area for the sea - maybe in one decade, maybe in ten decades. But man's puny efforts will eventually be swept away.
Anybody who wants to live in a hurricane zone deserves whatever they get.
TexasTumbleweed

Austin, TX

#3 Apr 22, 2006
Milena wrote:
I agree. Re-building at the bottom of a fish bowl is a huge waste of money. I certainly don't want any of the taxes that I pay the Feds to go to this fruitless effort.

<quoted text>
Not only fruitless...its a disgrace that those people who have lived there for generations "EXPECT" all of us tax payers to bail them out. They have been on the "hand out" system (welfare) for several generations and have had things handed to them and have gotten it. Why should WE...tax payers buy them a new house or shopping center. Let them get off their dead a$$es and get a job like the rest of us. You don't see people with their hands out up north when the snow storms destroy their world do we? All the states that took those evacuees are getting really sick of their whining and threats of law suits claiming discrimination. I think we need to "flush" that big bowled toilet and walk away.

“Sleep? Who needs it anyway?”

Since: Apr 06

Location hidden

#4 Apr 22, 2006
TexasTumbleweed wrote:
<quoted text>Not only fruitless...its a disgrace that those people who have lived there for generations "EXPECT" all of us tax payers to bail them out. They have been on the "hand out" system (welfare) for several generations and have had things handed to them and have gotten it. Why should WE...tax payers buy them a new house or shopping center. Let them get off their dead a$$es and get a job like the rest of us. You don't see people with their hands out up north when the snow storms destroy their world do we? All the states that took those evacuees are getting really sick of their whining and threats of law suits claiming discrimination. I think we need to "flush" that big bowled toilet and walk away.
CA is probably going to fall off the continent and you won't have to worry about us anymore! LOL
TexasTumbleweed

Austin, TX

#5 Apr 22, 2006
Debbysnack wrote:
<quoted text>

CA is probably going to fall off the continent and you won't have to worry about us anymore! LOL
Ahhh they've been saying that for as long as I can remember. At least you guys take care of your own when something happens bad out there..NOT like these Katrina people. What that hurricane first hit, I was front and center to try and help but after seeing how "gimme-gimme" they STILL are, well I just don't have it in my heart anymore.
Mark from Idaho

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 22, 2006
Debbysnack wrote:
<quoted text>

That's what they told us in 1906!
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 17, 2014
What an ahole! I'm pretty proud of who I am and if I decide to rebuild myself I don't need Brad Pitt's unwanted opinion! We can't all be Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie. For crying out loud, I work out an hour a day, that's more than enough Brad Pitt!

(lol...I'm bored with some of the threads, was looking at old ones)
;)
Trish Is

Jackson, MO

#8 Feb 17, 2014
Confused?

I saw this and of course it caught my eye as that man does many women.
I agree it was ridiculous idea. As tragic as it was how that place was devastated by that STORM, it's true ... it will all be under water in near future. Why put good money on sinking sands.

I lived in Florida and I saw the water get closer to those homes that will also be under water. Move a bit inland folks. California isn't the only one gonna fall in the ocean.
Trish Is

Jackson, MO

#9 Feb 17, 2014
I forgot to say ... so much for that publicity stunt. There are still blue tarps on roofs and many didn't get to go back home. The French Quarters didn't suffer much.

Some religious folks thought of Sodom and Gomorrah
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What

Jackson, MO

#10 Feb 18, 2014
Very old topic Trina. You 'must' have been bored to bring this back up in the forefront. Had a challenging time trying to comprehend the meaning of your post.

I looked and found this back three years ago.

Found this published in August of 2012.

That really was a seriously fouled up situation. It was nice to see Williams and his NBC news crew didn't suffer too terribly in the time they spent in the Dome, before they realized how much worse it would get. He didn't go hungry, had plenty of water and a comfortable place to rest, and what did they have? Grrrrgh!

Then the SAINTs go win the Superbowl right after that.

I too agree and regret Brad wasn't able to reach his hoped for goal in this area. Was it because they spelled his name wrong like they did here?
What

Jackson, MO

#11 Feb 18, 2014
TexasTumbleweed wrote:
<quoted text>Not only fruitless...its a disgrace that those people who have lived there for generations "EXPECT" all of us tax payers to bail them out. They have been on the "hand out" system (welfare) for several generations and have had things handed to them and have gotten it. Why should WE...tax payers buy them a new house or shopping center. Let them get off their dead a$$es and get a job like the rest of us. You don't see people with their hands out up north when the snow storms destroy their world do we? All the states that took those evacuees are getting really sick of their whining and threats of law suits claiming discrimination. I think we need to "flush" that big bowled toilet and walk away.
Hell Tumbleweed (are you still on Topix), that's quite a strong opinion there. What they could have done was give them the homes FEMA should have supplied instead of letting them waste in a garbage heap. They weren't the best, but it was better than they had after they lost 'everything' and you need not have feared ... they didn't get much help, nor handouts (many of them) and I'm sure you didn't pay for it. Nor did you and many others show much compassion for the circumstance they had no control over. May you never get caught in such a storm.
What

Jackson, MO

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Proud To Be Trina wrote:
What an ahole! I'm pretty proud of who I am and if I decide to rebuild myself I don't need Brad Pitt's unwanted opinion! We can't all be Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie. For crying out loud, I work out an hour a day, that's more than enough Brad Pitt!
(lol...I'm bored with some of the threads, was looking at old ones)
;)
These folks thought that was funny. I disagree. I found it rather pathetic and off topic miss and disrespectful for those folks that suffered and had hope Pitt and others could offer some sort of light at the end of that tragic tunnel. Instead many lost their way of life and are displaced throughout the states and you respond like this. Makes no sense to me.

What do the women in this man's life have anything to do with this subject? No need to answer, it's rhetorical. Perhaps next time you're bored you can find another joke thread out there.*proud, proud to be..what?
What

Jackson, MO

#13 Feb 18, 2014
Trish Is wrote:
I forgot to say ... so much for that publicity stunt. There are still blue tarps on roofs and many didn't get to go back home. The French Quarters didn't suffer much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tBuSXrZN8doXX
Some religious folks thought of Sodom and Gomorrah
I don't believe it was a publicity stunt. I believe it was a genuine love for the area and a strong desire to do something, anything, and the 'God' reference may be stretching it a bit. Religion had little to do with it, nor did the religious people when it came to helping in any way as true Christians would/should have wanted.
Level 6

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2014
I guess if I were making fun of them for losing their homes it would in fact be pathetic and disrespectful. You do realize this is offbeat/weird or whatever the heck we're calling it now. For anyone truly offended I apologize, but I think that you are just stirring the pot. It's very clear that I'm joking because of my name. I'm sorry that you are of such little intelligence that such a simple joke went over your head. My post had nothing to do with the actual event. Oh and for the record, I didn't see Brad Pitt or any other celebrities at the flood site I helped to clean up. Lots of FEMA volunteers though. God Bless FEMA, they helped my parents and many others get a new home. Get your facts straight before you disrespect me. Oh and proud? Proud to not be a sh!t disturbing troll, proud to have a sense of humor, proud to see my parents in such a nice home after theirs was demolished by a flood, I'm proud of all sorts of things. Oh and you do realize that providing links to others doing things to help isn't the same as helping yourself, right little one?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I Pity The Fool

Lincoln, NE

#15 Feb 18, 2014
Oh wow, she hurt eleven of your personalities? ROFLMAO

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#16 Feb 23, 2014
Am sure the Rebuilding of New Orleans after Katrina has STOPPED.. Due to SANDY having the SPOTLIGHT!!
Brad and Angelina have REALLY helped the Less Fortunate so much.. BLESS THEM for their Caring Hearts!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 16 min razz58 35,041
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 14,218
What is your weakness? (Jan '14) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 509
Word association (Jun '07) 1 hr wichita-rick 7,563
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 12,996
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 4,105
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 1 hr Brandiiiiiiii 14,654
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 230,747
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 6 hr Ricky F 8,270