72% of Millionaires Don't Think They'...

72% of Millionaires Don't Think They're Rich

There are 75 comments on the WCHO-FM Washington Court House story from Jul 29, 2013, titled 72% of Millionaires Don't Think They're Rich. In it, WCHO-FM Washington Court House reports that:

While your first reaction may be to scoff - especially since the median household income is $51,500 - the study points to a real shift in what it means to be rich, and it isn't just wads of cash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHO-FM Washington Court House.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#72 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
<quoted text>You said a few pages ago that you wouldn't feel comfortable with a million dollars. You'd want more. You're more than just a greedy scumbag though.
How much $$ does Barack and Michelle have in the bank? Are they greedy scum bags too? They obviously want more than a million too, or else they wouldn't have more than a million. What about the Clintons? What about Pelosi? Oh, wait, I see it, they share your political views … so it’s okay if they are greedy scum bags. You’re not a partisan hack who judges folks conduct primarily based on their political affiliation rather than the conduct itself, or anything, tho.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#73 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
<quoted text>In the back of your mind you realize that you know that your heroes have created an environment where a million dollars is not comfortable. A smart guy would realize that that is INSANE. But, your diseased mind believes the economy is in danger because poor people make too much money!
Yes, my “heroes” have created inflation. You’ve got me on that one! Zing. How will I ever recover.

I also never said poor people making too much money is a danger to the economy. You said I said that, because it suits your agenda.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not just picking on you so, don't get your legal panties in a wad. Or do. Who cares?
It was never about you picking on me and you know that. That's just another one of your half-truths.

If you wish to debate me, I welcome it. You won’t, tho, cause you can’t. You can only pontificate on your blog, as your fellow partisan hacks pat you on the back. The rare occasions you do attempt to debate on here, you are a one and done. You say a bunch of b.s. and half-truths like you did in this post I am responding to and when I call you out for it, rather than respond by rebutting my observations with intelligent, thoughtful, and FACTUAL comments that demonstrate the errors of my ways, you come back with nothing but personal attacks and childish remarks. I’ve seen it many times.
all you reichtards

Hoffman Estates, IL

#75 Jul 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Truth is, we've watched House republican's lower our Treasury's credit rating and stall this country's economic recovery for years.....all the while, wrapped in the flag.....
Well, surely they know what they're doing and, when they win the White House in '16, we'll just have to listen to four years of "HE DID IT!!!!!" while they promise to clean everything up in 2020....

And, I know all the reichtards here will counter (weakly) that Obama blamed Bush...

We, no, he didn't. Not enough, at least. The one's that blamed Bush were me, sixty million democrats, the media and most of the world. It was all the cognizant people in the world who saw that one totally unnecessary war (The Iraq one) plus no oversight of Wall Street meant certain people could fill their offshore pockets with TRILLIONS in cash! All that money came out of the pockets of regular Americans like you, you and you. Financial wizards like Sublime can't see that. The GOP tells him that money stays offshore- out of American hands- because those rich people are afraid they'll be taxed by the socialist black guy and ALL of their wealth will be "redistributed" to poor people who will blow it all on crack! These same people believe that business's only hire people when they have extra, un-taxed money laying about. Forget all that "supply and demand" stuff they used to teach in business classes. NOW business hires based on how little they are taxed and- BTW- they would pay people MORE if only the government would do away with the minimum wage laws. They WANT to pay people more but just don't like BIG GOVERNMENT telling them how little they can pay people...

Sheesh....
all you reichtards

Hoffman Estates, IL

#76 Jul 31, 2013
OH! The Obama's have money!? Other democrats do too? Wait- do democrats take a vow of poverty?

Well, if Reid, Pelosi and Warren Buffet all have money and think that rich people (like themselves) can and should pay more in taxes, maybe they know what they're talking about.

That makes more sense than the Koch brothers saying that: "If you make $31,000 a year, YOU are part of the richest 1% in the world."

Huh what? I'll speak to them about that when I have dinner at the club tonight!

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#77 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
OH! The Obama's have money!? Other democrats do too? Wait- do democrats take a vow of poverty?
Well, if Reid, Pelosi and Warren Buffet all have money and think that rich people (like themselves) can and should pay more in taxes, maybe they know what they're talking about.
That makes more sense than the Koch brothers saying that: "If you make $31,000 a year, YOU are part of the richest 1% in the world."
Huh what? I'll speak to them about that when I have dinner at the club tonight!
I've never said rich people should not pay more in taxes. So, I guess according to you, that means I know what I'm talking about! Good, I'm glad we have finally established that ... it only took 5 years for us to get to this point.

So now that another one of your strawman arguments has been slayed, please explain to me why I'm greedy for wanting more than 1 million and why your liberal heroes are not greedy for having already amassed more than 1 million and continuing to amass more?
all you reichtards

Hoffman Estates, IL

#78 Jul 31, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said rich people should not pay more in taxes. So, I guess according to you, that means I know what I'm talking about! Good, I'm glad we have finally established that ... it only took 5 years for us to get to this point.
So now that another one of your strawman arguments has been slayed, please explain to me why I'm greedy for wanting more than 1 million and why your liberal heroes are not greedy for having already amassed more than 1 million and continuing to amass more?
Look- I don't know who you *think* I am (and I don't care) but, if your whole thing here is to lie and deny and just back up on your heels, this isn't going to be much fun.

This "I never said...Show me where I said..." whining is very, very lame. You should be ashamed but, I'm sure you're not.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
<quoted text>Look- I don't know who you *think* I am (and I don't care) but, if your whole thing here is to lie and deny and just back up on your heels, this isn't going to be much fun.
This "I never said...Show me where I said..." whining is very, very lame. You should be ashamed but, I'm sure you're not.
Translation: Whaaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa, I'm not going to debate you if you don't let me lie and make up shyte about your beliefs, Sublime!

I also don't blame you for denying who you are, after your showing on this thread.
all you reichtards

Hoffman Estates, IL

#80 Jul 31, 2013
Here we go! It's poor people buying king crab with food stamps!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/loui...
GO AWAY

United States

#81 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
Here we go! It's poor people buying king crab with food stamps!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/loui...
You fuckinglittlepussy! Hey, I like that! From now on, you'll be known as an F.L.P., Ferrylady!

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#82 Jul 31, 2013
all you reichtards wrote:
Here we go! It's poor people buying king crab with food stamps!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/loui...
Republican-backed cuts to food stamps unexpectedly derailed a trillion-dollar piece of legislation known as the farm bill on Thursday.

For many years, rural and urban lawmakers in Washington formed an unusual alliance. Urban representatives supported farm subsidies in exchange for rural support of food stamps. Predictably, this backscratching arrangement resulted in both programs becoming bloated.

This month, in a break with tradition, the House passed its version of a farm bill without including any money for food stamps (now known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), ostensibly to rein in waste.

OPPOSING VIEW: Armchair farmers don't feed the USA

But that's not what's happening. The House bill retains lavish subsidies for an agriculture sector that is doing much better than many other parts of the economy — so lavish that they make a mockery of House Republicans' attempts at cost cutting.

The measure would cost roughly $200 billion over the next decade. That's nearly 10 times the much-maligned bank bailout, which is now expected to cost $21 billion, thanks to much of the original $700 billion having been paid back or never spent in the first place.

The Senate's version of the farm bill, largely a Democratic product, isn't quite as bad, but it also spends too much, rewards inefficiency and creates monopolies and cartels, all in an effort to transfer wealth from taxpayers to farmers.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83 Jul 31, 2013
National debt has lowered almost a Trillion dollars, yet the MSM isn't mentioning it.....That is amazing, considering President Obama was up againest the worst House republicans in history.....

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#84 Jul 31, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the health care system can put you in debt in a irregular heartbeat (and that's WITH health insurance). And when the Government got involved, it's supposedly going to help things be better....
Except for one major problem,the government has already put us trillions in debt. This is who's supposed to fix health care?
I'll be honest with you.

My biggest fear is having to spend two or three weeks in the Intensive Care Unit that could easily wipe out all the savings I've spent two or three decades to accumulate.

Health Insurance should be non-profit.

Depending on my own personal choices (risk factors such as smoking, driving while drunk, skydiving without a parachute, etc) should determine my cost into the insurance program.

Insurance works best when everyone is included.

Insurance for profit works best by excluding those who hurt the bottom line.

But take their money up until they make a claim. Then cancel their policy.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#85 Aug 1, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be honest with you.
My biggest fear is having to spend two or three weeks in the Intensive Care Unit that could easily wipe out all the savings I've spent two or three decades to accumulate.
Health Insurance should be non-profit.
Depending on my own personal choices (risk factors such as smoking, driving while drunk, skydiving without a parachute, etc) should determine my cost into the insurance program.
Insurance works best when everyone is included.
Insurance for profit works best by excluding those who hurt the bottom line.
But take their money up until they make a claim. Then cancel their policy.
A fear of mine also...But that would be a harsh move IMO, for the people that have paid into health insurance (through their work) for literally years.... while only occasionally using it. So your plan is to cut ties with them, but only when they truly need their insurance plan? My bad habit aside of smoking aside,you would make an excellent CEO of an insurance company.

But no worries.. unless they've already perhaps retired, then they they'll probably lose their jobs for poor health reasons ( the jobs that help pay for that plan). This is usually the way corporations work. So unless you have disability insurance as I also have to pay into, you lose your in income, as well as health insurance (unless you decide to take up the total cost). Of course the sick and afflicted have the option of waiting for the government and their Social Security (that they've also paid into)... of which could take months or even years. Lost your home? Tough. Lost your health insurance, job, benefits...and all the money you paid into it? Also tough.

You decided to smoke Will, so your years of dedicated service and paying your taxes like a responsible citizen... are null and void now.

On the other end of the spectrum.. You have young adults that develop lung cancer that never smoked a day in their lives. Should we exclude them also? Because frankly, the health insurance companies just didn't have much of a chance to make any money off them. It's not the insurances fault, so may as well cut ties with them as well.

The main problem is greed, in the cost of health care. They know they have you.. so what are you going to do? Greedy drug companies, hospitals and doctors. And the most greedy and money mismanaging entity on the face of the earth (our government)... is supposed to fix all the problems?

Many people have already received free health care for not hitting a lick of anything in their entire life. Those are usually the ones you find at a doctors office, or in the emergency rooms looking for their next pill fix. All on mine and yours taxpayer's nickle. Cleaning up the deadbeats from welfare and medicaid would be a nice start to fixing problems. There are those that need it, and there are those that abuse a system.... MEANT for those that need it.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#86 Aug 2, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
A fear of mine also...But that would be a harsh move IMO, for the people that have paid into health insurance (through their work) for literally years.... while only occasionally using it. So your plan is to cut ties with them, but only when they truly need their insurance plan? My bad habit aside of smoking aside,you would make an excellent CEO of an insurance company.
But no worries.. unless they've already perhaps retired, then they they'll probably lose their jobs for poor health reasons ( the jobs that help pay for that plan). This is usually the way corporations work. So unless you have disability insurance as I also have to pay into, you lose your in income, as well as health insurance (unless you decide to take up the total cost). Of course the sick and afflicted have the option of waiting for the government and their Social Security (that they've also paid into)... of which could take months or even years. Lost your home? Tough. Lost your health insurance, job, benefits...and all the money you paid into it? Also tough.
You decided to smoke Will, so your years of dedicated service and paying your taxes like a responsible citizen... are null and void now.
On the other end of the spectrum.. You have young adults that develop lung cancer that never smoked a day in their lives. Should we exclude them also? Because frankly, the health insurance companies just didn't have much of a chance to make any money off them. It's not the insurances fault, so may as well cut ties with them as well.
The main problem is greed, in the cost of health care. They know they have you.. so what are you going to do? Greedy drug companies, hospitals and doctors. And the most greedy and money mismanaging entity on the face of the earth (our government)... is supposed to fix all the problems?
Many people have already received free health care for not hitting a lick of anything in their entire life. Those are usually the ones you find at a doctors office, or in the emergency rooms looking for their next pill fix. All on mine and yours taxpayer's nickle. Cleaning up the deadbeats from welfare and medicaid would be a nice start to fixing problems. There are those that need it, and there are those that abuse a system.... MEANT for those that need it.
I've been paying into the system for over 25 years and certainly have not received the health service costs in that time.

So far, despite all my bad habits, I've been fortunate.

I suppose I could whine and complain I'm not getting every dime I've paid.

So why am I not outraged about that?

Oh, yeah. I'm fairly healthy now but it doesn't take much for that to change in a minute.

An example - a co-worker is battling cancer has the knowledge and experience to prevent a molehill from becoming a crisis mountain. And it just so happens that same person is just is a joy to be around?

So how do you quantify that on the Excel spreadsheet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min whatever 17,213
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min whatimeisit 62,700
2words into 2new words (May '12) 7 min wichita-rick 9,392
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 (Jun '14) 11 min honeymylove 706
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 16 min whatimeisit 14,034
A Potpourri of Expressions in Words & Rhyme (Sep '12) 46 min wichita-rick 1,243
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 1 hr Jerry 12,020
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr Camilla 230,153
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 9 hr Alyssa76 1,132