PepsiCo Inc. apologized in a statemen...

PepsiCo Inc. apologized in a statement and said it understood how the ad could be offensive

There are 12 comments on the Area93.com story from May 1, 2013, titled PepsiCo Inc. apologized in a statement and said it understood how the ad could be offensive. In it, Area93.com reports that:

PepsiCo is pulling an online ad for Mountain Dew that was criticized for portraying racial stereotypes and making light of violence toward women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Area93.com.

Parden pard

Bath, PA

#1 May 1, 2013
When I was a kid 50yrs ago,I hated Mountain Dew,,and now I hate it even more,,,,,(yes the sh!t was around then),!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#2 May 1, 2013
At least they apologized... BUT, that TYPE of behavior is appearing in ads and media broadcasting... Lawmakers making rude remarks of the sane subject..JUST BLURTING OUT WHATEVER they FEEL LIKE..SAYING at that moment.. THEY print or say it..NO REMORSE.. Until..someone says..WHOA!!...Freedom of Speech.. IS NOT MEANT to HURT Anyone's Feelings Directly... It's to express an opinion!!
fnord

Phoenix, AZ

#3 May 1, 2013
Isn't this special! Pepsi hires a kneegrow, who portrays kneegrows as the scumbags they are using willing kneegrows to play the scumbag roles, and then Pepsi gets labeled as racist!

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#4 May 2, 2013

Yep it's official now folks we really are a nation or at least a cpl. generations of REAL IDIOTS!

To many levels of stupid here.
The fact someone with a degree in "something" that makes A LOT of money ,well a lot of people thought this was even "cool" is so blind it's ?
I do VERY unfortunately (IDIOTS) uh,audience this would have MASS appeal to. insert argument against gangsta rap & promoting thug,no respect,disrespect,I want yours, but won't,don't have a clue how to earn it ,no value, b.s. behavior that is being promoted MORE & MORE & everyone points fingers & has n't a clue how,where this all began?
NEXT -The mass appeal of the idiots hired to do it , a HUGE amount of girls(BABY'S MOMMA'S) would have actually laughed at this,with their boyfriends (BABY'S DADDY'S) & all would have been good.
Just furthering a now in the fore front culture that IS responsible for furthering the continuing stupidity of 2 generations now.
Am not just some DUDE soap boxer. & far from an angel, EVERY GENERATION WHINES ABOUT THE NEXT. but this IS different.
I'm leaving racial b.s. alone for now,as I generally don't have any-BUT it seems certain races SCREAM racism BUT then do EVERYTHING,DAILY to further the thinking of other peoples profiling against them. I see it more amongst their own races where I live, Black & Hispanic people doing the right thing,acting like citizens hate the thugs of their own races MORE THAN any white people can even understand.
I don't know? Am just disgusted at the furthering of mass stupidity. Rick
PETA

Medford, NY

#5 May 2, 2013
....and what about animal cruelty?
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#7 May 2, 2013
dat waz funny yo........the stereotype about blax is true tho.......
White Man

Miami, FL

#8 May 2, 2013
Let me see if I understand this.

Blacks can make a record titled "Cop Killer", stereotyping blacks as ruthless thugs and the blacks applaud it.

A white owned company hires willing blacks to portray racial stereotypes and the blacks cry racism.

Blacks are such cry babies.

Level 9

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 May 2, 2013
This was on tv a minute ago... YOU know the guy that made the commercial is the same race that's being sterotyped. And the guys in the video are his friends. So did they really see it as being sterotyped?? Or a minute of fame???
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#10 May 2, 2013
Commercials are getting so LAME.

“water water water water water ”

Since: Oct 07

the place with Pyramid Head

#11 May 2, 2013
yea they may pull the oringinal photo off but what about all the other billions of people that are passing this pic around like a peace pipe?? im sure the whole world saw 5 minutes after they posted it
Dino Jr

United States

#12 May 2, 2013
At least it wasn't one of those ridiculously inaccurate commercials that show blacks always being the boss or CEO with Whites and Asians as subordinates. As if. (LMAO) The Mountain Dew commericial reflected how most blacks operate in America today:Lazy, shiftless, unemployed thugs standing in a criminal line-up while the police do their job in trying to solve yet another negro crime. It portrayed blacks a lot more accurately than any other commercials I have seen. The goat was a little over-the-top but still funny. All in all, I give the commercial an enthusiastic thumbs up. Pepsico pulled the plug on an instant classic.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 May 2, 2013
I'm sort of having a hard time in believing this was actually associated Pepsi Co. Or any other major corporation for that matter.... who one would think would've seen the proverbial chit storm brewing from its ill advised conception... and way before it ever actually happened?

But it's on the internet, so it must be true.

I'm a Coca Cola guy myself. Pepsi seems to flatten out way too quick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min eleanorigby 41,412
Which one would you rather not listen too? 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Child Sex Offenders 15 min Wolftracks 31
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Chimney1 168,950
The Gettsburg Address 17 min TALLYHO 8541 44
motorcycle traveling stories 25 min An observation 1,247
Play "end of the name"... 29 min Cyan in CA 162
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr wichita-rick 165,421
News California couple married 75 years dies in each... 6 hr wichita-rick 4
More from around the web