|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Islander wrote:
Lady I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I can enjoy this family restaurant!
Which lady are you addressing this to 'Sir'??? Let us not play games, but speak frankly instead or not at all. My father was one of them men and how about you?

“Time to Make the Donuts”

Since: Jan 07

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there.'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero,'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? Do I call you Sir or Ma'am? I am not stupid and you may call me Ma'am or TC. I didn't say the phrase was wrong, but the word was misspelled ... now I don't recall which since I'm in this reply box. Why are you so terribly aggressive? Was my statement that offensive to you and why should it be? Was it the word 'troll' that got you so excited? As I said to Islander, I wasn't aiming that word at you, just merely saying since I've notice how much fun trolls have correcting others typos and such.
<quoted text>
Now this is rather humorous for you to say. "We're talking about unchecked aggression" ?? and I ask you again why you are being so aggressive in such a rude way? And Dude? I have breasts so I'm not one of them and since this is a rather delicate discussion I'm not going out of my way to be rude to you. Big Time, this is the sort of thing that should be discussed in a more mature manner. I don't know how old you are, but I'd like to believe you can be mature about this. There is absolutely no reason as of yet to be rude here.
Don't mistake me for one you can walk or talk all over. If you can't answer my question and choose to spin and insult me anymore, please save your breath cause the conversation will be over. Thanks

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

I'm not going out of my way to be rude to you. Big Time,...

Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.

Friedrichshafen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Islander wrote:
Lady I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I can enjoy this family restaurant!

Dude,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Big Time wrote:
I'm not going out of my way to be rude to you. Big Time,...
Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.
This is a league game, Smokey.

“A Time 4 Laughter and a ....”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Islander wrote:
Was one of them your father? Were you close enough to see your buddies face down? Was I correct in assuming you may be called Sir/male? You don't mind if a woman speaks do you? I mean outside of the kitchen of course.

Family restaurants usually don't tolerate inappropriate behavior from the patrons and guests.
Family Affair - http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Please let us not get overly excited this early into the show.

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

How about you Big Time? Your daddy or you serve so folks could enjoy their constitutional rights under the Freedom of Speech act? Does that include women regardless how many years before we were allowed to vote?

If either of you answers yes, then I would like to thank you for your service and I'd be grateful for your fathers. They certainly were of a different generation than some men are today.

However, If you think you will get a rise out of me by talking down to me, think again. Yes please,'Think' because so far you are making it quite difficult to have a decent conversation here as Ms SG had hoped we could (as mature adults) accomplish in this thread.

There are thousands of other discussions you could join (terminate) to have your sort of fun in outside of this one, not that I'm asking you to leave.

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,...
Those were her boots after all, that she planned to walk all over him with.

I prefer this rendition and her father was a 'Real' man as well.
You appear less than that, but I don't wish to judge you too harshly this early into the acquaintance. I've yet to read through your rant above. I know I'm going on a bit more than I would prefer as well. We don't want too much room for misunderstandings at this point, now do we?

May I ask, do you prefer to be on top? The ones on fire on this board, of course. I'll just bet the ratings will be fairly decent. What do you think?
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Was one of them your father? Were you close enough to see your buddies face down? Was I correct in assuming you may be called Sir/male? You don't mind if a woman speaks do you? I mean outside of the kitchen of course.
Family restaurants usually don't tolerate inappropriate behavior from the patrons and guests.
Family Affair - http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Please let us not get overly excited this early into the show.
Let's ask SG.
Hey SG do I seem like someone who doesn't like when a woman speaks?

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Was that a cut and paste too? I notice there are no typos in this one.
Will you please refrain from calling me a 'Dude' now you know I don't have a penis?
No, the story didn't really play out well since you lost your train of thought and since insulting me is already part of your agenda, you may not even be paying attention anymore outside of which you wish to further say.

`
Big Time wrote:
Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there.'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero,'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.
<quoted text>

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are. The time delay surprises me at times. That's right, but because they have an illness it's that much easier for others to discredit or belittle them their thoughts.
I don't know that being mean to others is indication of mental illness, but it's been that way since the beginning of time and it will be until the end. The world needs kindness to counteract all the ugly that gets darker with every passing day. It is a sad sad mad mad world we live in. Teehee *Chuckle
Predators look for the vulnerable. For instance, as discussed in another thread, certain types of rapists often target the young, those estranged from their parents, substance abusers, maybe mentally ill, and victims who do risky or criminal things. That is not to blame those women (or males in a fewer number of cases), but to show the mindset of the predators. They want victims who are either incapacitated, won't report the attacks, or are easily discredited. Of course, there are some who look for the exact opposite because they are that confident or cocky, so it depends on the exact rapist.

As for being mean to others, I wouldn't call that a mental illness. It is more a moral weakness. Insane and evil are not necessary one in the same. But I imagine the "Devil" would be more likely to hang out in a broken mind, like a gang might be more likely to hang out in a broken playground. Also, the mean people would be more likely to accuse others falsely of mental illness as a means to get others to not take them seriously.

At the worst is the phenomenon of "gas-lighting." That is an advanced harassment technique where the attacker manipulates the environment, and causes their victim to question their own sanity. It is illustrated in movies and in older TV shows. The movie that gave the practice its name involved gas lights that the man adjusted in subtle amounts. The woman noticed that and commented, and he denied it. I never watched it, but I assume he did similar things, and after a while, she felt she was crazy and could not trust her perceptions.

Or take an episode of Emergency. Chet always played practical jokes around the station, and the guys finally had enough. So they decided to "prove" to him that he had bad eyes. They cut off the bathroom lights and turned them back on at the panel box, while one of the guys was alone with him when he commented about the lights, and said he didn't notice them go out. Then all the guys faked an eye test and they set it up to where he would fail. They were told they passed when they read off things that were not on the chart. And one made like they killed a fly and another picked up the "dead body" of the fly and threw it outside. There was no fly, etc. But Chet still found a way to get them back. He simply played along, made like he gave into their gas-lighting, etc. But they were not sadists, so they felt guilty. He said he would likely quit because of his eyes, said he would need glasses, etc. He was not going to do any of that, but he was setting them up.

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Islander wrote:
<quoted text>Let's ask SG.
Excuse me, but that made me laugh out loud. First because I think she appears to have left the building and me all alone with you two and second, well I won't need to ask anyone, but you. Will I? Please take a moment to read again and if I've insulted you I'll apologize, but also read what I've written to him. If you plan to evade and spin then we can end the conversation and thread right now. I don't normally converse with gray boxes since I won't recognize you when you get sick of that name you're using now.

Besides, I've an hour to be ready to return to the office after a very busy weekend. Personally I thought the Superbowl was lousy because it was almost 36 to nothing until late in the game. I wasn't overly impressed with half time show either. How about you? How about a few answers to those other questions I asked in response to your comments to me.
Thanks

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Islander wrote:
<quoted text>Let's ask SG.
Right offhand, I would say no. I know you somewhat, but I don't know you well enough to make judgments. I don't want to get involved in the misunderstandings over the movie and site quotes. I feel like lying down here soon.

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

LOL,

Look! Up there in EvsC ! There is a poster and his gray name is 'The Dude'. Come on, you've got to admit that at this point that is laugh out loud funny. Hahahaha

Teehee
TC

**wonder if my avatar is showing next. maybe I should have put a drop dead lovely fox in there. No, they definitely would have been disappointed in me then.**

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Level 7

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

<snickers>
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but that made me laugh out loud. First because I think she appears to have left the building and me all alone with you two and second, well I won't need to ask anyone, but you. Will I? Please take a moment to read again and if I've insulted you I'll apologize, but also read what I've written to him. If you plan to evade and spin then we can end the conversation and thread right now. I don't normally converse with gray boxes since I won't recognize you when you get sick of that name you're using now.
Besides, I've an hour to be ready to return to the office after a very busy weekend. Personally I thought the Superbowl was lousy because it was almost 36 to nothing until late in the game. I wasn't overly impressed with half time show either. How about you? How about a few answers to those other questions I asked in response to your comments to me.
Thanks
Oh I'm just playing. No I don't find a woman speaking her mind offensive. No you have not insulted me. You'd already know if you did. I gotta go soon too. I actually slept through most of the damn thing because I didn't get good sleep the night before and was ice fishing all mourning and afternoon. Not a big FB fan really. Watch it sometimes when I'm bored but it's not that important to me.
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Right offhand, I would say no. I know you somewhat, but I don't know you well enough to make judgments. I don't want to get involved in the misunderstandings over the movie and site quotes. I feel like lying down here soon.
I'll let your thread heal itself. Before it gets anymore out of hand. I don't want someone to start something with you over something that I say, as seems to always happen when I say anything when I around ya'. Sorry.

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Islander wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I'm just playing. No I don't find a woman speaking her mind offensive. No you have not insulted me. You'd already know if you did. I gotta go soon too. I actually slept through most of the damn thing because I didn't get good sleep the night before and was ice fishing all mourning and afternoon. Not a big FB fan really. Watch it sometimes when I'm bored but it's not that important to me.
Thank You
I listened to the game myself.
*Smiles
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You
I listened to the game myself.
*Smiles
I like listening to games on the radio better to. Especially Baseball and hockey. I get annoyed with all the flashy crap and score tickers on TV. Plus I can do something else besides sit there when I just listen. Gotta go. Laters!

Level 3

Time to be candid

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Have a good day Islander, it's been real. SG, we'll catch you again sometime?? Big Time ......:(
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Google that Phrase stupid, It's a Straight copy and Paste so Explain your crap to someone You pay to listen, like Your Shrink,....
`
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? No, what the Tehee are you...
I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude
'

There you go Big Time. I helped you make it to the top ... again.
Come on, Dude, can't we try it again? You didn't know you wanted to attack me/us
yesterday, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of263
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••