Posting Etiquette

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#282 Mar 16, 2014
Big Time wrote:
A flush in the middle of the toilet-sitting process in order to reduce the aroma...usually performed on a "foreign throne" as a courtesy,...
NO NO NO OMG! Commodes put out an aerosol mist replete with their 'inhabitants' up to 4' from the source! Flushing is the LAST thing I do in a foreign throne room, usually with my foot, on my way OUT the door.

“Vintage 1949”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

...lightly salted...

#283 Mar 16, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>NO NO NO OMG! Commodes put out an aerosol mist replete with their 'inhabitants' up to 4' from the source! Flushing is the LAST thing I do in a foreign throne room, usually with my foot, on my way OUT the door.
...no worse than your knuckles touchin the water when reachin down to wipe...

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#285 Mar 17, 2014
Enzo49 wrote:
<quoted text>
...no worse than your knuckles touchin the water when reachin down to wipe...

Dig Deep,...
Hey

Sikeston, MO

#286 Sep 22, 2014
Tehee Candor wrote:
Hey !
Where did everyone go?
Teehee
Many say they used to have such a good time out here. I've
read and know they had a big Facebook fiasco,... Knave
individuals were involved, but that was quite a while ago.
Then the points game went away, but is that all?

Many left and I do believe it had much to do with the lack of ...
Posting Etiquette. People aren't going to keep coming out
and subject themselves to some of what goes on out here.

Hi SG :)
Justinother Alias out here in OZ.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

Since: Mar 08

you must, understand people.

#287 Sep 22, 2014
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Many say they used to have such a good time out here. I've
read and know they had a big Facebook fiasco,... Knave
individuals were involved, but that was quite a while ago.
Then the points game went away, but is that all?
Many left and I do believe it had much to do with the lack of ...
Posting Etiquette. People aren't going to keep coming out
and subject themselves to some of what goes on out here.
Hi SG :)
Justinother Alias out here in OZ.
It is unnerving that the art of trolling exists that causes a loss of posing etiquette. SMH at how litigative some posters are but of course they are behind the screen which is circumvented by an ISP and a web server. So they pose no physical threat but make folks miserable and not want to partake in a form of social interaction which can be interesting. Sorry to hear that posters left. I was about to leave one time because of a taunter on a sports forum. I gave everyone on that forum a big 'fuck you'.

Afterwards, I realized that I lost control and let someone possess it in return. That's 'ugly pride' at work. So I had to switch the game up a bit: embrace a forum adversary as a participant of discretionary dialogue. We choose our battles, not vice-versa.

For this is a highly dynamic medium. At least it's guaranteed to be more authentic, than for instance, the work of a Reuters editor. Hope those posters return.

“Understand people,”

Level 3

Since: Mar 08

you must, understand people.

#288 Sep 22, 2014
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>NO NO NO OMG! Commodes put out an aerosol mist replete with their 'inhabitants' up to 4' from the source! Flushing is the LAST thing I do in a foreign throne room, usually with my foot, on my way OUT the door.
LOL.
I do the flush with the foot tactic too.
Another eerie deal in public rest rooms is the toilet paper itself.

Scenario: So here we have an employee who has 3 of those humongous rolls of shit sheets as 2 go in the rollers while the third, within time, is dropped on the floor, kicked around, infiltrated by six legged creatures and replaces one of the two on the rollers.

Yuck!
C'mon! It's just like napkins for the exit sign side too!
Parden Pard

Whitehall, PA

#289 Sep 22, 2014
To be properly mannerly,,,,always stick out your pinky finger when snorting cocaine,,,,,(I think Emily Post said it)

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#290 Oct 10, 2014
Posting etiquette on Topix? What a joke!
Wazzup

United States

#291 Oct 10, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
Posting etiquette on Topix? What a joke!
Cat dude? How 'they hangin'?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#292 Nov 7, 2014
What really makes me shake my head is people responding with personal attacks instead of logical reasons for showing why they think a poster is wrong. All the personal attacks do is show how witty one can be (in some cases). They hardly disprove what a poster posted.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#293 Nov 7, 2014
flbadcatowner wrote:
What really makes me shake my head is people responding with personal attacks instead of logical reasons for showing why they think a poster is wrong. All the personal attacks do is show how witty one can be (in some cases). They hardly disprove what a poster posted.
While we don't agree on a lot of things, I must second what you said there. Here are some of the ways people on here disagree rather than using logic or even a passionate or ethical appeal:

1. Accuse the poster of being other posters. So what if they are? Why is that a big deal, and what makes that relevant to the discussion? Some use this tactic as a weapon.

2. Bring up the past or unrelated content from other threads to metaphorically beat others over the head.

3. Attacking someone for the jokes they make rather than either overlooking them or attempting to educate as to why the joke is inappropriate or offensive.

4. Accusing them of having some negative emotion or character flaw. That is not the other poster's business and is irrelevant to the current issue.

5. Accusations of insanity. It doesn't matter if you think the other person is crazy. That adds nothing to the topic.

6. Libelous statements, such as calling someone a rapist, child molester, drug user, dealer, etc., unless of course there is documented proof or a criminal conviction in a court of law. That is someone who either cannot dish it out or cannot admit defeat.

7. Insults that denigrate an entire group of people or attack the poster for belonging to such a group. That includes racist, sexist, homophobic, or transphobic comments.

8. Intellectual-based bashing, arrogance, and snobby comments. Those comments only attack the other person's IQ and has nothing to add to the current topic.

9. Carrying grudges, continued harassment, stalking behaviors, etc. That is often the person who feels defeated and has to bring others down because they cannot admit defeat or don't have what it takes for a rematch.
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#294 Nov 8, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
While we don't agree on a lot of things, I must second what you said there. Here are some of the ways people on here disagree rather than using logic or even a passionate or ethical appeal:
1. Accuse the poster of being other posters. So what if they are? Why is that a big deal, and what makes that relevant to the discussion? Some use this tactic as a weapon.
2. Bring up the past or unrelated content from other threads to metaphorically beat others over the head.
3. Attacking someone for the jokes they make rather than either overlooking them or attempting to educate as to why the joke is inappropriate or offensive.
4. Accusing them of having some negative emotion or character flaw. That is not the other poster's business and is irrelevant to the current issue.
5. Accusations of insanity. It doesn't matter if you think the other person is crazy. That adds nothing to the topic.
6. Libelous statements, such as calling someone a rapist, child molester, drug user, dealer, etc., unless of course there is documented proof or a criminal conviction in a court of law. That is someone who either cannot dish it out or cannot admit defeat.
7. Insults that denigrate an entire group of people or attack the poster for belonging to such a group. That includes racist, sexist, homophobic, or transphobic comments.
8. Intellectual-based bashing, arrogance, and snobby comments. Those comments only attack the other person's IQ and has nothing to add to the current topic.
9. Carrying grudges, continued harassment, stalking behaviors, etc. That is often the person who feels defeated and has to bring others down because they cannot admit defeat or don't have what it takes for a rematch.
'or don't have what it takes for a rematch.'

What many do have is the common sense to walk away from this vitriolic Toxic dump known as Topix.
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#295 Nov 8, 2014
What y'all are really talking about is...Posting etiquette for social misfits and mental midgets. Good luck with a THAT...Purple Spotted Wordy Woman.

Cyberspace is no place to call home.
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#296 Nov 8, 2014
**Social misfits, mental midgets and moral retards...all with internet access.

Welcome to Toxic Topix
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#298 Nov 8, 2014
Weird 0ne 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
'What many do have is the common sense to walk away ...'
Pardon, are you one of the many?
Yes..I am.
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#299 Nov 8, 2014
Actually...I don't, and never did have, what it takes to be a part of the Topix Community....thank God.
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#300 Nov 8, 2014
And, suffice it to say...ever being a part of the Topix community...is NOT on my Christmas Wish list.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#303 Nov 8, 2014
I am not a Bimbo wrote:
What y'all are really talking about is...Posting etiquette for social misfits and mental midgets. Good luck with a THAT...Purple Spotted Wordy Woman.
Cyberspace is no place to call home.
I'm not the purple lady, but if cyberspace is no home, then why are you here? You wouldn't by chance live in Illinois, do you?
I am not a Bimbo

United States

#304 Nov 8, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the purple lady, but if cyberspace is no home, then why are you here? You wouldn't by chance live in Illinois, do you?
Posting from Miami
Ozzie

United States

#305 Nov 8, 2014
BWAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
_____USA : *RED CARPET for ANTICHRIST_____ 10 min YTube 1
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... 10 min andet1987 44
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 11 min Judy 123 6,358
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 12 min Princess Hey 141,564
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Judy 123 32,911
The Yes/No Game (May '11) 14 min andet1987 8,005
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 15 min Master Bates 1,729
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 29 min Princess Hey 169,678
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 29 min Sam 44,078
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 57 min Mechanic 2,593