Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Because every time some assert their preferences about how others are to interact with the, certain poster try to interfere and hijack whatever thread, maybe it is time to start a thread just to discuss those types of issues without ruining other threads.

I will discuss my own preferences in following posts. Discussing them is not imposing them. Everyone should learn to be more assertive and tell others what bothers them, or what they find to be disrespectful or rude. I feel everyone should treat each person they meet as an individual. Each person has their own correct way for interacting with them, and if someone cannot respect one person's ways, they can always move onto a different person. Every secure, mature person has little "rules" about how to interact with them. Immature, insecure people let others walk over them.

It goes without saying that anyone can participate here. You might disagree, but try to avoid being disagreeable or trolling if you can help it. Maybe we can all learn and grow from each other with the discussions that will inevitably follow.

“A Time for laughter and ...”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

**Discuss/Debate
Secure/Insecure
Mature/Immature
Assertive
Respectful/Disrespectful**

**Passive/Aggressive
Right/Wrong/Subjective
Projection**

I agree, it would be beneficial to be able to disagree without being disagreeable, rude, arrogant, egotistical or disrespectful to others.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Hi Tehee! I agree, and yes, you've mentioned a whole pile of words I have used lately.

The biggest thing that so many have a problem with is disagreeing without being disagreeable.

The biggest problem on the respect thing is that not everyone defines it the same. For instance, take a direct person vs. an indirect person. The direct person finds it disrespectful to waste their time by not being direct, and the indirect person finds it disrespectful to force someone to be direct. The question is, who is right?

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

If they see me talkin to you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

A paranoid delusion is the fixed, false belief that one is being harmed or persecuted by a particular person or group of people. Paranoid delusions are known technically as a “persecutory delusion.”

It involves the person’s belief that he or she is being conspired against, cheated, spied on, followed, poisoned or drugged, maliciously maligned, harassed, or obstructed in the pursuit of long-term goals.

Small slights may be exaggerated and become the focus of a delusional system with a person suffers from a paranoid delusion.

The focus of the delusion is often on some injustice that must be remedied by legal action. The affected person may engage in repeated attempts to obtain satisfaction by appeal to the courts and other government agencies.

Individuals with paranoid delusions are often resentful and angry, and may even resort to violence against those they believe are hurting them or a loved one.

Paranoid delusions are most often diagnosed in the context of schizophrenia. But they can also occur in non-psychotic disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, or the use of certain medications or street drugs.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Hi SG -- I posted that way because I had many thoughts on the subject, but brainstorm was all I could do at that moment. Now you use the word right and that was a word I had on my mind as well.

My answer to your question would be it's subjective and not always necessary, or worth the effort, to convey my right and wrong to others, if you know what I mean.
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
A paranoid delusion is the fixed, false belief that one is being harmed or persecuted by a particular person or group of people. Paranoid delusions are known technically as a “persecutory delusion.”
It involves the person’s belief that he or she is being conspired against, cheated, spied on, followed, poisoned or drugged, maliciously maligned, harassed, or obstructed in the pursuit of long-term goals.
Small slights may be exaggerated and become the focus of a delusional system with a person suffers from a paranoid delusion.
The focus of the delusion is often on some injustice that must be remedied by legal action. The affected person may engage in repeated attempts to obtain satisfaction by appeal to the courts and other government agencies.
Individuals with paranoid delusions are often resentful and angry, and may even resort to violence against those they believe are hurting them or a loved one.
Paranoid delusions are most often diagnosed in the context of schizophrenia. But they can also occur in non-psychotic disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, or the use of certain medications or street drugs.
Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one here who gives a sh** about the rules? Mark it Zero!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
I won't correct your spelling like a troll would do, but I will say that it is not paranoia if it is actually happening.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Islander wrote:
<quoted text>Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one here who gives a sh** about the rules? Mark it Zero!
What rules are you speaking of? It is more than obvious that a good number of people out here don't give a sh!t (to use your word) for much outside of themselves. It's just a question. I'm not implying you are such a person.

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't correct your spelling like a troll would do, but I will say that it is not paranoia if it is actually happening.
True. According to an anonymous mental health practitioner:

"Even the paranoid schizophrenic occasionally have people out to get them."

I am not sure how mental illness ties to the topic, other than that being a common unfair attack to discredit those you disagree with or have a personal vendetta against.

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>
What rules are you speaking of? It is more than obvious that a good number of people out here don't give a sh!t (to use your word) for much outside of themselves. It's just a question. I'm not implying you are such a person.
Maybe that is a good thing, and if more learned to be more self-absorbed instead of caring what strangers think or do so much, we'd all be better off. Maybe instead of watching the Kardashians or commenting about them, if more were to actually demonstrate, lobby, or vote based on their own convictions, it would be a nicer place.

So I think a lot of the problem is that too many give too much of a defecation session about what strangers who are doing nothing to them do, and not enough about their own lives and what matters to them. Maybe if more were working rather than posting here (and collecting welfare), it would be a better country.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Hey !
Where did everyone go? Teehee, it took a while before those icons appeared over my posts. I wonder how much longer it will take to get all the positive ones on those other posts.

Spotted Girl, I've witnessed this place long enough to realize that this idea you've come up with may not go over as well as some would like. It's almost as if some aren't enjoying themselves unless they are cutting others down in one way or another. I laugh though because those icons are truly the most ineffective way to get their point across. Teehee

Level 8

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Tehee Candor wrote:
Hey !
Where did everyone go? Teehee, it took a while before those icons appeared over my posts. I wonder how much longer it will take to get all the positive ones on those other posts.
Spotted Girl, I've witnessed this place long enough to realize that this idea you've come up with may not go over as well as some would like. It's almost as if some aren't enjoying themselves unless they are cutting others down in one way or another. I laugh though because those icons are truly the most ineffective way to get their point across. Teehee
Yes, you summed up the issue quite well.

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Those were not the ones I just saw. I did not come back looking for them either. How long will it take now to send them back to the negative icons? I don't use them. I was the one that liked to prop them or share a word on how I felt about their opinions.

There are plenty good reasons why Topix is losing participants. Is there any good reason we can't all try to be a bit kinder or just ignore what doesn't please us? Does no one believe in turning the other cheek occasionally? Will the room ever be big enough to share?

Good Day Offbeat - Weird

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>

Google that Phrase stupid, It's a Straight copy and Paste so Explain your crap to someone You pay to listen, like Your Shrink,....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Tehee Candor wrote:
<quoted text>

Huh? No, what the Tehee are you...

I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
True. According to an anonymous mental health practitioner:
"Even the paranoid schizophrenic occasionally have people out to get them."
I am not sure how mental illness ties to the topic, other than that being a common unfair attack to discredit those you disagree with or have a personal vendetta against.
There you are. The time delay surprises me at times. That's right, but because they have an illness it's that much easier for others to discredit or belittle them their thoughts.

I don't know that being mean to others is indication of mental illness, but it's been that way since the beginning of time and it will be until the end. The world needs kindness to counteract all the ugly that gets darker with every passing day. It is a sad sad mad mad world we live in. Teehee *Chuckle

Level 3

A Time to be candid.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Google that Phrase stupid, It's a Straight copy and Paste so Explain your crap to someone You pay to listen, like Your Shrink,....
Excuse me? Do I call you Sir or Ma'am? I am not stupid and you may call me Ma'am or TC. I didn't say the phrase was wrong, but the word was misspelled ... now I don't recall which since I'm in this reply box. Why are you so terribly aggressive? Was my statement that offensive to you and why should it be? Was it the word 'troll' that got you so excited? As I said to Islander, I wasn't aiming that word at you, just merely saying since I've notice how much fun trolls have correcting others typos and such.
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this is rather humorous for you to say. "We're talking about unchecked aggression" ?? and I ask you again why you are being so aggressive in such a rude way? And Dude? I have breasts so I'm not one of them and since this is a rather delicate discussion I'm not going out of my way to be rude to you. Big Time, this is the sort of thing that should be discussed in a more mature manner. I don't know how old you are, but I'd like to believe you can be mature about this. There is absolutely no reason as of yet to be rude here.

Don't mistake me for one you can walk or talk all over. If you can't answer my question and choose to spin and insult me anymore, please save your breath cause the conversation will be over. Thanks
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Lady I got buddies who died face-down in the muck so you and I can enjoy this family restaurant!
Islander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
This will not stand, ya' know, this aggression will not stand, man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
A six word game (Dec '08) 7 min Parden Pard 17,239
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min Parden Pard 39,915
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Subduction Zone 112,915
Name something women do better then men .... 14 min Enzo49 37
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 15 min Parden Pard 2,973
How Did You Find TOPIX? (Mar '13) 33 min Enzo49 56
First contacts on offbeat (May '12) 35 min Mister_ E 757
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,384
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Mister_ E 15,087