Ignoring Hippocratic Oath, Dr. Refuse...

Ignoring Hippocratic Oath, Dr. Refuses To Treat Obama Supporters

There are 1182 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Ignoring Hippocratic Oath, Dr. Refuses To Treat Obama Supporters. In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

A Florida doctor has decided he doesn't want to treat Democrats, at least those who voted for Barack Obama. Florida urologist Jack Cassell posted a sign on his office door telling those voters to go away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

Level 8

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1189 Apr 17, 2010
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying that at all! One person's oath is just as important as any other's.
What I AM saying is that doctors are not the same as public service workers. Doctors are not public servants!! They are contractors who provide a private service to the public.
BTW, the hippocratic oath never mentions that doctors have an obligation to treat any and all persons. The oath basically and generally states they will swear to do no harm to the patients they do treat, and that they understand they are treating a person and not a chart or disease. Also, they make the oath to avow they will not "play God" and to practice medicine ethically.
Like I said before, it's pretty basic and logical when you think about it.
I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

Maybe when they wrote this pat of the hippocratic oath it should have read, " I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to ALL(except those that do not share my political views).

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#1190 Apr 17, 2010
Norskejente wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey clueless, wait til you have a blockage and can't pee and your bladder is about to burst and when it does all those toxins will enter your bloodstream. You won't need a doctor by morning cause no doctor will be able to help you.
Hey numbnuts.

Believe that's when you go to an Emergency Room at the hospital.

You know hospitals - those big building with ER doctors.

Which this guy isn't.

ancient

“Go Packers!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 07

Life is a Gift

#1191 Apr 17, 2010
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Your example of a trash collector, policeman, and firemen all have one commonality.....the are PUBLIC WORKS JOBS. They have an obligation to serve and protect the public as a whole.
On the other hand....a doctor is not a public servant and has no such obligation.
Pretty simple logic...don't ya think?
Then why is he a Doctor?????

“BET DAP”

Level 4

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1192 Apr 17, 2010
ancient wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is he a Doctor?????
You'd have to ask him that question as I can't speak for the good doctor. But, he did nothing to shirk his oath....that I do know.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#1193 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
Maybe when they wrote this pat of the hippocratic oath it should have read, " I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to ALL(except those that do not share my political views).
So according to your logic....the guy that walks up to a physiciabn on the street and says, "hey doc...I have this problem with my....." would be disavowing his oath not to give him treatment or advise. rotflmao

“"you're not the boss of me"”

Since: Aug 09

yep, right, uh huh

#1194 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
"....or have health insurance..."

being realistic, isn't this the first question asked when attempting to make an appointment??? Doctors turn down patients all the time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#1195 Apr 17, 2010
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>So according to your logic....the guy that walks up to a physiciabn on the street and says, "hey doc...I have this problem with my....." would be disavowing his oath not to give him treatment or advise. rotflmao
If the guy is dying yes...any doctor would. This didnt happen on the street though. It happened where this doctor practices medicine. The doctor himself said he wouldnt turn anyone away because that would be UNETHICAL. So youre making an argument that this doctor isnt even willing to make.

Level 8

Location hidden

#1196 Apr 17, 2010
that27th one wrote:
<quoted text>
"....or have health insurance..."
being realistic, isn't this the first question asked when attempting to make an appointment??? Doctors turn down patients all the time.
You are correct. Doctors do turn down patients all the time. Unfortunately turning someone down for their political views and prying into their personal life that has nothing to do with their treatment is unethical.

Scrotum, Idaho

#1197 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. Doctors do turn down patients all the time. Unfortunately turning someone down for their political views and prying into their personal life that has nothing to do with their treatment is unethical.
But not against the Hippocratic Oath

Level 8

Location hidden

#1198 Apr 17, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
But not against the Hippocratic Oath
Please ggogle search the Oath and read it. What this doctor did is about as far as he could go. If he started asking questions about you political views after posting that on his window, he could lose his license to practice.

“BET DAP”

Level 4

GOOM BOWN

#1199 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>If the guy is dying yes...any doctor would. This didnt happen on the street though. It happened where this doctor practices medicine. The doctor himself said he wouldnt turn anyone away because that would be UNETHICAL. So youre making an argument that this doctor isnt even willing to make.
Wrong, son. I'm making the argument that he didn't violate his hippocratic oath by placing the sign.
I already stated in an earlier post that I can't speak for him personally.

Scrotum, Idaho

#1200 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ggogle search the Oath and read it. What this doctor did is about as far as he could go. If he started asking questions about you political views after posting that on his window, he could lose his license to practice.
Have already read it.

My statement stands.

ancient

“Go Packers!!!!”

Level 1

Life is a Gift

#1202 Apr 17, 2010
DaveMC wrote:
<quoted text>Please ggogle search the Oath and read it. What this doctor did is about as far as he could go. If he started asking questions about you political views after posting that on his window, he could lose his license to practice.
Your right. The Good Doctor is wrong. Incredibly wrong.

My next door neighbor is a doc. at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He called him a ...

Not worth repeating.

Scrotum, Idaho

#1203 Apr 17, 2010
ancient wrote:
<quoted text>
The Good Doctor is wrong. Incredibly wrong.
My next door neighbor is a doc. at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. He called him a ...
What a coincidence.

My next door neighbor is a doctor at the Mayo Clinic.

But he thinks it's just fine.

ancient

“Go Packers!!!!”

Level 1

Life is a Gift

#1204 Apr 17, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coincidence.
My next door neighbor is a doctor at the Mayo Clinic.
But he thinks it's just fine.
Good for him/her.

In my heart, I like the guy from Hopkins better...

Just me tho....

Scrotum, Idaho

#1205 Apr 17, 2010
ancient wrote:
<quoted text>

Good for him/her.
In my heart, I like the guy from Hopkins better...
Just me tho....
I'll pass that along to my Mayo guy.

He'll be crushed.

“Eye of God”

Since: Mar 10

Helix Nebula

#1206 Apr 17, 2010
At some point a doctor who decides to discriminate against people because he doesn't like how they voted will discriminate for other reasons. He doesn't like their skin color or sexual orientation.

He doesn't like their occupation or their haircolor.

This isn't about which party he supports or which person he demands people vote for it is about his lack of objectivity in his profession.

Someone of his character should not be trusted with the lives of others.

What a dork_

“They named a cereal for him”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#1207 Apr 17, 2010
Jelwap wrote:
It sounds like the doctor took a hypocritical oath instead ;-)
Sounds like you need a doctor!

Jelwap wrote:
I wanna do a female corpse up the front hole, and I want RDL to do her up the rear hole.

Scrotum, Idaho

#1209 Apr 17, 2010
-_- Marilyn -_- wrote:
At some point a doctor who decides to discriminate against people because he doesn't like how they voted will discriminate for other reasons. He doesn't like their skin color or sexual orientation.
He doesn't like their occupation or their haircolor.This isn't about which party he supports or which person he demands people vote for it is about his lack of objectivity in his profession.
Someone of his character should not be trusted with the lives of others.
Kind of stretching to connect the dots here.
judi123

Saint Paul, MN

#1210 Apr 17, 2010
ypdave wrote:
<quoted text>
I take this to mean that anyone who isn't "a scumbag, lowlife American....A disgrace to my country" is a GOOD AMERICAN.
Setting the bar a bit low, aren't you? Or is it just so you can appear to be on the right side? It's not working.
Those whom elected obama set the bar low.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min CJ Rocker 190,856
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 2 min SweLL GirL 7,386
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 3 min Dont_You_Dare 5,851
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 3 min SweLL GirL 8,180
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min Dont_You_Dare 20,644
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 5 min Dont_You_Dare 3,316
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 12 min CJ Rocker 3,942
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 20 min Advice 6,110
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 28 min Princess Hey 2,366
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 32,140
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr SweLL GirL 144,825
More from around the web