Foster reveals she's gay, suggests she's retiring

Jodie Foster came out without really coming out, and suggested she was retiring from acting without exactly saying so, in a long, breathless and rambling speech at Sunday night's Golden Globe Awards. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 14, 2013
Why is this even news???

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Go figure,'i' had the "HOTS!" for a 'Lizzy'?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 Jan 14, 2013
I read this article - she did not say she was gay - she said she was single.
Level 6

Location hidden

#4 Jan 14, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
I read this article - she did not say she was gay - she said she was single.
Read it too. That's why I said, "Why is it news?!"
60s chic

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Perhaps I heard it wrong, but didn't she make the statement that she came out ages ago? That isn't new anyway. Most everyone knew that "ages" ago, but who cares. Jodie is beautiful, brilliant and talented.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#6 Jan 14, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Why is this even news???
I don't care about her personal life in the least.

I do like her work as an actress, though.

“Mrs_E”

Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 14, 2013
60s chic wrote:
Perhaps I heard it wrong, but didn't she make the statement that she came out ages ago? That isn't new anyway. Most everyone knew that "ages" ago, but who cares. Jodie is beautiful, brilliant and talented.
Thats what I thot! She came out in a People" or something.. a few years back... love her..strait or gay , shes a brilliant actress..
I think as far as it being newsy,, think her speech was "off" a bit.. not her usual cool...

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#8 Jan 14, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Why is this even news???
Try watching one of those shows like TMZ. They "report" their "news" just like the real news that actually has something to do with what is going on in our world and how it makes a difference in our daily lives.

Dirty laundry news is very popular.....

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#9 Jan 14, 2013
She did a Clint Eastwood (take-off) of not saying what everyone thought she was about to say -
(( because she's single ))
*=* It was a \\ joke // folks!*=*
Boy!'i'm glad 'i' read it, all these years she's been 'my' secret 'sweetheart','i' don't know if 'i' could have handled it?

PS: I think she fooled the broadcast company also even though there's a {pause-time}.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
They "report" their "news" just like the real news that actually has something to do with what is going on in our world and how it makes a difference in our daily lives.
Dirty laundry news is very popular.....
EXAMPLE:

Opposition to President Obama’s choice of Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary continued to mount as Republicans and others voiced doubts about the selection. While representatives of Jewish and gay groups expressed concern about previous statements made by Mr. Hagel, the main criticism came from Senate Republicans.

“I’m a Vietnam vet like Chuck,” said John McCain,“I appreciate that he’s the first enlisted man ever to be nominated for this post, that he understands what it’s like to be in combat, that he was wounded twice, that he’s a war hero. That’s exactly why he’s wrong for the job.”

Senator Lindsey Graham echoed those sentiments.“This nation has a long history of old men who never saw combat sending other people’s kids to war. Will a guy who actually knows what being under fire is like be willing to use our nation’s youth as cannon fodder in a completely pointless war?”

A former official in the George W. Bush administration, who asked not to be identitifed, added,“While I respect Mr. Hagel’s war record, he was one of the first senators to recognize that the war in Iraq was a total sham. And he’s a Republican! The guy just can’t be trusted to get us into the next unnecessary conflict.”

“Our whole bloated defense budget depends on us jumping from one trumped-up war in some failed backwater state to the next so that our defense contractors can keep the assembly lines humming. And those companies are huge campaign contributors,” noted McCain.“I don’t think Chuck gets that.”

Texas Senator John Cornyn was especially blunt.“He’s the worst possible guy for the job. Chuck Hagel doesn’t understand how much of America’s economy depends on putting as many of our young people as possible in harm’s way for the sole reason of enriching mega-corporations like Halliburton.

“Where the heck would this country be today if we’d never invaded Iraq or Afghanistan?”

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
EXAMPLE:
Opposition to President Obama’s choice of Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary continued to mount as Republicans and others voiced doubts about the selection. While representatives of Jewish and gay groups expressed concern about previous statements made by Mr. Hagel, the main criticism came from Senate Republicans.
“I’m a Vietnam vet like Chuck,” said John McCain,“I appreciate that he’s the first enlisted man ever to be nominated for this post, that he understands what it’s like to be in combat, that he was wounded twice, that he’s a war hero. That’s exactly why he’s wrong for the job.”
Senator Lindsey Graham echoed those sentiments.“This nation has a long history of old men who never saw combat sending other people’s kids to war. Will a guy who actually knows what being under fire is like be willing to use our nation’s youth as cannon fodder in a completely pointless war?”
A former official in the George W. Bush administration, who asked not to be identitifed, added,“While I respect Mr. Hagel’s war record, he was one of the first senators to recognize that the war in Iraq was a total sham. And he’s a Republican! The guy just can’t be trusted to get us into the next unnecessary conflict.”
“Our whole bloated defense budget depends on us jumping from one trumped-up war in some failed backwater state to the next so that our defense contractors can keep the assembly lines humming. And those companies are huge campaign contributors,” noted McCain.“I don’t think Chuck gets that.”
Texas Senator John Cornyn was especially blunt.“He’s the worst possible guy for the job. Chuck Hagel doesn’t understand how much of America’s economy depends on putting as many of our young people as possible in harm’s way for the sole reason of enriching mega-corporations like Halliburton.
“Where the heck would this country be today if we’d never invaded Iraq or Afghanistan?”
Reminds me of what Ike spoke of all those years ago.....

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Yes...http://www.co.lancaster. pa.us/lititz/lib/lititz/Questi onMark.gif

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Do you post gray-box?- Topix

www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTF6NBKGIBRKGJ...

20 posts - 5 authors - Sep 20, 2012
... you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#14 Jan 14, 2013

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#15 Jan 14, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Do you post gray-box?- Topix
www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TTF6NBKGIBRKGJ...
20 posts - 5 authors - Sep 20, 2012
... you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.
Nope

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#16 Jan 14, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
EXAMPLE:
Kinda' off topic if you ask me. I know it's hard, but try to stay within the confines of the topic in the future. Posting this constant political rhetoric only shows other folks how fanatical and absurd you really are.
Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#17 Jan 14, 2013
No waste there. She's ugly anyway.
Level 6

Location hidden

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Debra27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about her personal life in the least.
I do like her work as an actress, though.
I agree completely. But still, it's not news! LOL
I love her work, even childhood ones.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19 Jan 14, 2013
60s chic wrote:
exactly, its been "out" there long ago.

who cares..
:)
straight shooter

Montpelier, VT

#20 Jan 14, 2013
I was surprised...
i thought Jodi was actually a man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min middleman1 148,942
OSCAR PISTORIUS - your opinion> 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3
Uh Clem (Apr '14) 22 min insane klown posse 132
*DOME of ROCK to be "REMOVED" FOR 3rd Temple 26 min YTubeNews 1
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 35 min Crazy Beautiful 6,826
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min -Lea- 22,213
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 46 min Alex Trebek 17
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 1 hr dragoon70056 511
True or False Game 2 hr AmyFaith 352

Weird People Search