Tiny engagement ring
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: May 08

Owatonna, MN

#1 Sep 26, 2008
Ok, so my engagement ring is TINY, it is 1/8 of a carat. It is cute, but looks more like something your parents would buy you on your 13th birthday. My head keeps telling me that its stupid to buy a ring for thousands of dollars and we could use the money for so much more, but I also feel like it is something that i am going to wear forever so i want it atleast 3/4 carat. I feel embarrassed when my friends look at it and then you hear the "ohhh, thats nice" but inside you know that they are thinking differently. My fiance is in debt, but I think adding $1000 dollars on his credit card for a better ring isnt going to terribly affect his already 14k debt too harshly. What do you guys think? Have you been in any similar situations?
dave

Roslindale, MA

#2 Sep 26, 2008
the bigger and more expensive the ring is shows the greater the love is so it seems that he probably hates you.

“I am listening.......”

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 26, 2008
You should like your ring and not be embarrassed by it. If you can take it back, do that. Pay off the debts and get what you'd like later. Don't do it because of what other people think (who cares) but because it's the right financial thing to do. His debt, after all, is about to be your debt.

Zach_Z

Humble, TX

#4 Sep 26, 2008
Unseen2you wrote:
Ok, so my engagement ring is TINY, it is 1/8 of a carat. It is cute, but looks more like something your parents would buy you on your 13th birthday. My head keeps telling me that its stupid to buy a ring for thousands of dollars and we could use the money for so much more, but I also feel like it is something that i am going to wear forever so i want it atleast 3/4 carat. I feel embarrassed when my friends look at it and then you hear the "ohhh, thats nice" but inside you know that they are thinking differently. My fiance is in debt, but I think adding $1000 dollars on his credit card for a better ring isnt going to terribly affect his already 14k debt too harshly. What do you guys think? Have you been in any similar situations?
I think if he is single and already has 14k in credit card debt (unless it's due to a true emergency) you may want to re-evaluate his ability to provide for you should you two decide to have a family.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#5 Sep 26, 2008
Unseen2you wrote:
You only have to ask yourself one thing ... Is it your man that you love or the ring... More debt isn't going to help you all to have a better future.. Love what he had to give and when the finances are better get something bigger but you should treasure that little diamond he gave it to you with his heart..

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, GA

#6 Sep 26, 2008

If You Have 14K on a credit card, You should Go for the 95 Inch Engagement' Flat screen TV also,....
dave

Roslindale, MA

#7 Sep 26, 2008
you should not go around showing that ring to everyone.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

#8 Sep 26, 2008
The Big Time wrote:
If You Have 14K on a credit card, You should Go for the 95 Inch Engagement' Flat screen TV also,....
ROTFLMAO!!! LED?

Owatonna, MN

#9 Sep 26, 2008
The Big Time wrote:
Funny, we bought a 47" flat LCD before he proposed

Owatonna, MN

#10 Sep 26, 2008
he basically bought the tiny ring because I am using my great-grandmothers ring as my wedding ring, in my mind i thought i would get a nice engagament ring as well, i guess he thought differently. PS, im not totally crazy about my grandmothers ring, but it would mean a lot to my mother so I am going to use it...its worth over $2000, so it is quite an upgrade from my engagement ring.

“aka Slow Hand Luke”

Since: Sep 08

/The Deer Whisperer

#11 Sep 26, 2008
Unseen2you wrote:
If your friends are really thinking so, do you have the right kind of friends?

IF... you two are "the ones" for each other with the "right stuff" to cope with the evolving tangles of life and a committed relationship: That current engagement ring could come out of a Cracker Jack box and it shouldn't matter. So, look within yourself to what really matters.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#12 Sep 26, 2008
With divorce rates at an all time high nowadays, you're probably saving money instead of getting ripped off by the pawn shop later on.

“I am listening.......”

Level 2

Location hidden

#13 Sep 26, 2008
Unseen2you wrote:
<quoted text>
Approximately how old are you guys???????

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, GA

#14 Sep 26, 2008
Unseen2you wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I suggest The Nautiques by Correct Craft

They make world class boats for all your watersports, waterskiing and wakeboarding needs.

Zach_Z

Humble, TX

#15 Sep 26, 2008
The Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I suggest The Nautiques by Correct Craft
They make world class boats for all your watersports, waterskiing and wakeboarding needs.
Rinker 420's handle better. Go for it.

Zach_Z

Humble, TX

#16 Sep 26, 2008
Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 43.

Owatonna, MN

#17 Sep 26, 2008
Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 21 and he is 30. Why? And NO, I am not a gold digger, lol.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#18 Sep 26, 2008
Make mine a Scarab...always wanted one so I could resurrect my Don Johnson outfit.

Zach_Z

Humble, TX

#19 Sep 26, 2008
milwaukee69 wrote:
.always wanted one so I could resurrect my Don Johnson outfit.
LOL **Zach reaches for his pink Miami Vice jacket**

Zach_Z

Humble, TX

#20 Sep 26, 2008
Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 3 min andet1987 2,379
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min wichita-rick 189,000
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 6 min andet1987 2,916
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 9 min andet1987 13,034
One Word (Jan '09) 14 min andet1987 15,089
Post any FOUR words 20 min andet1987 494
Word Association (Mar '10) 21 min wichita-rick 19,890
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr Spotted Girl 1,685
Offbeat's Cutest Couple (Sep '13) 1 hr TARIQ conquered S... 592
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 144,032