The 32-year-old's unselfishness took ...

The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.

There are 157 comments on the 104.7 WTUE story from Jan 8, 2014, titled The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.. In it, 104.7 WTUE reports that:

A Michigan man with a snowblower is being hailed as a hero by his neighbors after he cleared their driveways and walkways in subzero temperatures, unprompted and for free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 104.7 WTUE.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#85 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
It will end when u quit posting back duh! Lol. That's the only persons post u can control. Your own!
Those killers do feel and know they are committing a crime seeing as how they go to get lengths to hide their crime.
There is no possible way a person on a forum is controlling me. That is just ridiculous. I am in no way controllable in person either. And guess what I'm also a lady that can very successfully debates things. Oh n btw i have no problem with ppl having different opinions than me otherwise there would b no debate n a very boring time. Different opinions challenge one to think.
Quit trying to control me by telling me to quit posting. Lol.
Most of ur above post is actually a great description of what to do. Deflect much!!
Debate is immoral and wrong, and it is a filthy immoral thing on par with rape that mostly members of the inferior (male) gender do. What you call boring is heaven. People in the world and your enemies disagree with you all the time. So when you have the opportunity to get aways from that abuse and use the message boards, you are supposed to seek out like-minded friends and deal only with them. That is what I do. It is important to me to be around people who agree with me nonstop, not the negative hate of disagreement. If I ever disagree with anyone, it is because I hate them and have no respect for them. But you can say something else without engaging them. If I say the sky is green, you can call it pink or blue or whatever, without replying to me, and without calling me names or even mentioning you disagree.

You posted to me first, thus disrespecting to me, so it is immoral for me not to post back. It is you who chose to have me post to you by posting to me in the first place. So I will keep answering you until you realize I permanently answered you. You keep posting because you want something from me or want me to teach you.

I am not controlling your life. Each time you post to someone who doesn't want you to, you are disrespecting them, and thus requesting someone to punish you by posting back. When you abuse someone in a forum, and you started posting to them first, you are OBLIGATED to let them post back without you replying. Each time you continue the abuse you started by approaching a stranger against their will, you are the one keeping it going. ONLY the first to abuse can do that. They must give back what they stole to make it end.

Hopefully this will be the permanent end of this. It is your choice, the ball is in your court. As long as you disrespect me by posting to me, I will be morally forced to counter each of your attack posts and to refute your libel. If your need to control others is so great that you want to waste 2-3 peoples time with your actions, then you must be so weak as to need it.

You have a right to post to whomever you want as long as they never told you to not do it to them. EACH person has a right to decide who will interact with them. I have a right to only post to my friends and those who agree. If you don't agree, you have nothing in common and nothing I'd regard worth hearing. Mature people NEVER force themselves on people who don't want them. So are you my friend? Or do you agree with me? If not, you should move on and find people who agree with you. If you want disagreed with and hated, turn off your PC and go to work, go to a government office, or even walk the street in silence in your own world and someone will take that as a challenge just because. I come here as a refuge from the hard cruel world simply to express myself up against the world.

Now I am EVEN again. If you post again, we will be at odds again. So please learn to control yourself. The topic is about the neighbor.

Level 8

Spotted World

#86 Jan 9, 2014
Nobody of the same rank has a right to control ANYONE at all. You are supposed to control employees, slaves, children, etc.

As for fun, immoral things are often fun. Someone must find rape fun, or they wouldn't do it. There is also allegedly fun in murder too. Police find "no-motive" crimes all the time.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#87 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
But Jake its soooo much fun!!!:)
FTW just fyi if anyone is gonna b controlling between us its gonna b me. Got that Mr.,) Tehehe
Yes ma'am!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#88 Jan 9, 2014
Oh my word ur comparisions are horrendous.
Lmmfao u teach me!! Now that just funny lol its so apparent my intelligence is way higher than yours how the hel u gonna teach somebody something anyway. Please do the world a favor and don't teach ppl ur warped ideas and poor logic.

I am not obligated to do anything here but follow the rules set forth by topix and have a great time interacting with folks.

N as I said before this will end in u controlling yourself n not replying back;).

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#89 Jan 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
These are not rules, but common sense that every polite and correctly raised person knows. It doesn't matter where you are, if someone says not to do something to them, or not to speak to them, then you would never do it to them - period. And you would have the inalienable right to expect the SAME respect back.
Everyone should know that the ONLY valid reason to post on a message board (or any INFORMAL, NON-STRUCTURED environment) is to share what you are feeling about the topic at that point in time. Someone may reverse 180 degrees in the next week, and they have that right, and you have no right in ANY social setting to hold anyone to anything so negative as the past. Everyone should accept others based on how they present now - just give them a clean slate. I've never degraded anyone by trying to know them nor lock them into any mold.
Yes, you can discuss your own ideas without replying to oppose someone's ideas. You would grow just by seeing their ideas in a vacuum (never applied directly against yours). Their job is ONLY to spew THEIR ideas, not engage yours. Your job is only to express yourself (without engaging others). All you have to do is run your ideas up the pole, and let others run their ideas up the pole (as long as they don't do it to you, but merely share in a vacuum). If they like your ideas, then they may incorporate them into their life in the future. You don't have to disagree at all, just share what is true for you. So in effect, your words are showing disagreement without you doing so yourself. You can't seem to separate people from messages either. You can disagree with their ideas without disagreeing with the person, without attacking their right to have them, without trying to control anyone, and sometimes without directly disagreeing. For instance:
I say, "The sky is green."
You don't have to say I am an idiot, call that a stupid idea, or even say you disagree. You could simply share your belief. Thus you say, "The sky is orange with brown polka dots."
See? That way you are only expressing yourself and not engaging anyone.
Or take what you call contradictions:
"The sky is blue." (It is 9:00 AM)
In another thread, at 2:00 AM they say, "The sky is pitch black."
So no contradiction, just another context. So it is illogical to hold someone to weather conditions they mentioned at 9 AM at 2 AM. That makes as much sense as holding the weatherman to what he said during last July to right now and saying he is contradicting July's weather reports.
You do let emotions control you, or you'd avoid using label and comparison words against people. To you, everyone is "too fat," "too lazy," "too unreliable," "too angry," "lacking self-control," "an idiot," etc. You'd feel much better if you eliminated those from your vocabulary and choose to assume the best first until proven otherwise. It's like the woman with the botched facial tattoo. Negative people approach her all the time and ask, "What's wrong with your face?" Why must anything be wrong?
Again, have a good evening. Hopefully this permanently ends this side discussion so we can discuss only the thread topic.
O.K. thread topic.
The guy was an asshole for denying his neighbors the luxury and privilege of shoveling their snow. How dare he interfere with someones obstacles that are the things that allow them to shine when they complete said task. To think that these people had a proper and precise way of handling said snow and this Man thought it necessary to fix their problem and mess that up for them. Holy crap, it's people like these I tell ya.......

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#90 Jan 9, 2014
KUDOS..to this neighbor!!

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#91 Jan 9, 2014
Lmao can u believe this.. u were even...lol what insight that is to the idea u need the last word hel thats dam near conformation to that fact.

No I am not ur friend nor do I agree with u. Are u freakin kidding. Rotflmao. I can't b friend with someone that needs a new slate each time we interact. Lol. That's to much work what makes u think ur worth all that trouble.. plus friend have history kinda what makes friends great is they get to know u. Not control u like u think.

And again if i only talk to ppl that agree that would be boring n close minded. I can't imagine u run across many ppl that agree with u.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#92 Jan 9, 2014
I remember the old man who lived across the street. A neighbor and his friend use to routinely shovel his driveway and walks. The neighbor had complained one day to me and said the old man never even thanked him or paid him anything. I told him that if he was expecting to be paid, he should have first brought that up with the old man. The neighbor told me he thought that was general common sense and the man would know enough to pay him at least something. Even a thank you would have been appreciated. I told him that the man is old. Doesn't make it necessarily right, but as a neighbor in good standing, he offered to do his shoveling and it wasn't the first time he hadn't been paid or thanked by this old man, so why the big beef now? My husband had shoveled and plowed a few times for this same old man, but due to back problems, he can no longer do it, much less our own. I agree it's not very nice of the old man, but there is no one else to dig him out from the snow. It would be nice if every neighbor that was strong and able, could help one another, but that's not the way it turns out. Today, it's usually every man for himself. I personally would not hesitate for a moment to pay someone to shovel or plow, and for those who wouldn't accept any cash reward, a thank you and a nice cup of hot chocolate or coffee is all that some consider to be necessary. To do a good deed for someone without any expectation of a reward, takes a very special person and a big heart. That goes for the many volunteers who selflessly dedicate and donate their time to others when there is no one else to help them.

axxx

“here for fun”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#93 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Oh my FTW...your not confused she is...Lmao.
So sg...smdh. you don't stand behind any of your previous statements on other threads. Lmao wow.
Does she mean when u meet her the first time and get between the sheets if its no good u aren't supposed to remember and get in the sheets with her again at least that's what I thing
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#94 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
Wait SG Isn't Lylah controlling me since she is just agreeing and defending my original comment all along here? Or is this some feminist thing were I'm always the one who is doing something wrong when it is a male and a female dynamic because I'm male?
At least two of the monikers involved in this conversation are purplegirl/spottedgirl, maybe moer than two.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#95 Jan 9, 2014
axxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Does she mean when u meet her the first time and get between the sheets if its no good u aren't supposed to remember and get in the sheets with her again at least that's what I thing
All I know is this: If you believe the old adage about crazy girls is true, then SG is a sexual goddess.

Level 8

Spotted World

#96 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text> O.K. thread topic.
The guy was an asshole for denying his neighbors the luxury and privilege of shoveling their snow. How dare he interfere with someones obstacles that are the things that allow them to shine when they complete said task. To think that these people had a proper and precise way of handling said snow and this Man thought it necessary to fix their problem and mess that up for them. Holy crap, it's people like these I tell ya.......
No, different situation. If anyone objected, they could have told him. But they didn't. If they had and he didn't stop, it would be another matter.

Also, they didn't put the snow there. If I make a mess, it is my responsibility to clean it up, and it is wrong to interfere with the personal responsibility of others.(The same goes for someone paying off another person's gambling debts or buying someone else's dope. Enablement is not doing them a favor. Maybe if the bookie or dealer breaks a leg, they might get a clue, if not, the criminals involved will put them out of their misery.) Now if they had put their own snow there (snow machine), then it would be interfering.

As for ways to shovel snow, the exact method doesn't matter. It is not like picking up papers, packing, painting, etc., where it is reasonable to have a preference. I hired some people to help me move before (see, I asked for it). And while they made uninformed mistakes (like loading up what was clearly garbage, and loading boxes and bags needed for more packing, breaking a bowl, losing some tiny parts), the urgency of the situation overrode the inconvenience caused by the ignorance. In this case, it was a matter of getting what was paid for. Still, 1/6 the price of professionals, and I probably did my contribution to helping prevent local crime.

Appropriate action depends on the context.

Level 8

Spotted World

#97 Jan 9, 2014
Christianist Taliban wrote:
<quoted text>
At least two of the monikers involved in this conversation are purplegirl/spottedgirl, maybe moer than two.
I've only used Spotted Girl. The other lady rarely posts. So many confuse me with her all the time.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#98 Jan 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, different situation. If anyone objected, they could have told him. But they didn't. If they had and he didn't stop, it would be another matter.
Also, they didn't put the snow there. If I make a mess, it is my responsibility to clean it up, and it is wrong to interfere with the personal responsibility of others.(The same goes for someone paying off another person's gambling debts or buying someone else's dope. Enablement is not doing them a favor. Maybe if the bookie or dealer breaks a leg, they might get a clue, if not, the criminals involved will put them out of their misery.) Now if they had put their own snow there (snow machine), then it would be interfering.
As for ways to shovel snow, the exact method doesn't matter. It is not like picking up papers, packing, painting, etc., where it is reasonable to have a preference. I hired some people to help me move before (see, I asked for it). And while they made uninformed mistakes (like loading up what was clearly garbage, and loading boxes and bags needed for more packing, breaking a bowl, losing some tiny parts), the urgency of the situation overrode the inconvenience caused by the ignorance. In this case, it was a matter of getting what was paid for. Still, 1/6 the price of professionals, and I probably did my contribution to helping prevent local crime.
Appropriate action depends on the context.
To you it doesn't matter, but to some anal retentive control freak who was not home or awake to call off the attack it might be a huge deal.. See the nuances..
In all reality I often do the same thing for my neighbors if I'm out during the snow and they are not home or just busy. Especially the hot 40 something divorced chick down the road.

Level 8

Spotted World

#99 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Damn it SG. I just like to hear others ideas that are different or challenging to my own sometimes. It's the only way to learn and develop an understanding of others and of anything. Even if I don't ever agree with someone the mere fact of hearing what they have to say only fortifies my ability to empathize and relate to others. There is not much to learn talking to those who think like you but much to learn from those that don't.
I like to hear other perspectives to, but when not said directly to me as a challenge. Different is fine as long as it isn't presented in ways that attack or challenge others. Just put it out there and trust others to know what to do with it.

The last part is the whole point. To me, all learning must be initiated by oneself. But friends are equals to you and thus it is not their job to parent you nor teach you. That is your own job if you are an adult (or your real parents/guardians and teachers if you are a child). Everyone will challenge you in the real world, but online here is supposed to be relaxing and fun, and disagreements and rough teasing are not relaxing at all. This should be one place to leave disagreement, debate, behind. Hey, there is enough "debate" during the day. Try asking for a raise or getting a child to bed.

axxx

“here for fun”

Level 5

Location hidden

#100 Jan 9, 2014
Rockinjake wrote:
Spotted girl keep drinking your fluoridated water, taking your SSRI's if you forget skip a dose ;) don't forget your flu shots and vaccines, keep eating your GMO's, mainstream media works perfectly for you girl. Do you snort airplane glue? Who do you think you are the brain police?? Treat you as a stranger huh nooo problem lol
Wonk Wonk Lylah baby..not much hope for this one I'm afraid
you may not agree but I have to put my opinion out here you make no since you are lost and you should drop the jealous stalker act well don't I laugh everytime I read about your jealously

Level 8

Spotted World

#101 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>All I know is this: If you believe the old adage about crazy girls is true, then SG is a sexual goddess.
Nope - asexual, virgin, and hermit, and loving it. Of course, some think I'm so crazy as to have a complete family inside. So leave my family alone. ;-)

Level 8

Spotted World

#102 Jan 9, 2014
Christianist Taliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh, full on fugue state. Naturally this poster under different monikers has lobbed all sorts of personal attacks on other posters...when not demanding that no one dare reply to any of her posts, that is.
No fungus state, and this is the only ID I use.

But if I use different IDs as you allege, and attacked all the people you allege, then how would you know if the people I allegedly attacked were not also me? That sounds more like something our beloved DILF would do, and I have no beef with him.

axxx

“here for fun”

Level 5

Location hidden

#103 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
It will end when u quit posting back duh! Lol. That's the only persons post u can control. Your own!
Those killers do feel and know they are committing a crime seeing as how they go to get lengths to hide their crime.
There is no possible way a person on a forum is controlling me. That is just ridiculous. I am in no way controllable in person either. And guess what I'm also a lady that can very successfully debates things. Oh n btw i have no problem with ppl having different opinions than me otherwise there would b no debate n a very boring time. Different opinions challenge one to think.
Quit trying to control me by telling me to quit posting. Lol.
Most of ur above post is actually a great

description of what to do. Deflect much!!
Sweetheart I have to disagree I couldcontroll Yin a very pleasurable way and you would enjoy letting me

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#104 Jan 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to hear other perspectives to, but when not said directly to me as a challenge. Different is fine as long as it isn't presented in ways that attack or challenge others. Just put it out there and trust others to know what to do with it.
The last part is the whole point. To me, all learning must be initiated by oneself. But friends are equals to you and thus it is not their job to parent you nor teach you. That is your own job if you are an adult (or your real parents/guardians and teachers if you are a child). Everyone will challenge you in the real world, but online here is supposed to be relaxing and fun, and disagreements and rough teasing are not relaxing at all. This should be one place to leave disagreement, debate, behind. Hey, there is enough "debate" during the day. Try asking for a raise or getting a child to bed.
You have kids?
I don't have to ask for raises and I don't debate with children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 197,323
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min wichita-rick 19,714
Word Association (Mar '10) 29 min wichita-rick 21,093
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 47 min ImFree2Choose 59,826
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 49 min TheJerseyDevil 59,692
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 53 min Spotted Girl 2,938
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 44,592
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr TheJerseyDevil 8,810
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr Spotted Girl 601
More from around the web