The 32-year-old's unselfishness took ...

The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.

There are 157 comments on the 104.7 WTUE story from Jan 8, 2014, titled The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.. In it, 104.7 WTUE reports that:

A Michigan man with a snowblower is being hailed as a hero by his neighbors after he cleared their driveways and walkways in subzero temperatures, unprompted and for free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 104.7 WTUE.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#22 Jan 9, 2014
Christianist Taliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you expect that id ot to make the first bit of sense in any post or from post to post?
Her thinking and ideas seem very convoluted and contradictory, but she's not an idiot.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 9, 2014
Oh my FTW...your not confused she is...Lmao.

So sg...smdh. you don't stand behind any of your previous statements on other threads. Lmao wow.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
you don't stand behind any of your previous statements on other threads. Lmao wow.
It's not real. None of it is real.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#25 Jan 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be confused? Each person is supposed to treat each thread in a vacuum and never carry what was said elsewhere. So which post did I leave in this thread before that one that gave you any back ground information in order to be confused? I refuse to respond to anything that is prompted by anything said elsewhere. People are supposed to post, get it out, and everyone is supposed to forget it forever and move on. Dwelling on the past can be a sign of emotional immaturity, and I am only just saying, not accusing nor trying to start anything.
I tend to consider it wrong to try to "get to know others" (a type of control over them) or to carry a person's words past whatever thread they said them in, since that is attempting to control them by tying them to the past and not letting them change and grow. The correct thing to do is each time you encounter someone, treat them like you are meeting them the first time. Everything I say in other threads are specific to those. It is just like on the street. If you meet someone in one place and get to know them there, it is specific to that place. Then you are supposed to forget the encounter and move on. If they speak to you again, then you would start over. That allows them to change and be a different person each time you meet them. So if you meet someone outside their house and at a store, you are supposed to start from ground zero in each place if you do decide to get to know them. You have to start from scratch in each role. It is impossible to truly know anyone as they change with time, often with the minute and are never the same person you were around before.
I also consider it wrong for a women to debate anything. Discuss, share, or vent, but never debate. Now, we can expect men to do that, and that is as far as I am going in that direction. Yes, I fully support separate gender roles and expectations, and I don't believe the social construct nonsense of the feminists, though I do agree with them in some other ways.
O.K. So I'll concede to your idea that you should never try to understand another person. Does that also pertain to trying to understand their ideas and concepts that they bestow upon you?

Level 6

Location hidden

#26 Jan 9, 2014
Lol of couse not sublime this is the internet nothing is real on the internet. Duh.
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text> Her thinking and ideas seem very convoluted and contradictory, but she's not an idiot.
Of course she is.

Demanding that individuals never reply to her posts...insisting that every post (of hers only, natch,) be treated as a completely discrete entity from all her other bizarre, contradicting posts and from every other thread's exchanges...these are the control issues of an id ot.

And the scrambled ideas themselves...well.

Level 8

Location hidden

#28 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Lol of couse not sublime this is the internet nothing is real on the internet. Duh.
But you told me you were a French model?

Level 8

Location hidden

#29 Jan 9, 2014
Some of us don't need fake Internet personas.

Some of us live lives that are so wicked hardcore (said with my Boston accent, which is where I'm from ... don't live there anymore ... I travel the world now and get paid lots of $$$ to put sun tan lotion on bikini models during photo shoots ...when I'm not dating them, but I digress) that we don't need to make a bunch of fantastic things up.

Harumph!
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Jan 9, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
I didn't catch your real name...what is it?

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#31 Jan 9, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Some of us live lives that are so wicked hardcore (said with my Boston accent, which is where I'm from ... don't live there anymore ... I travel the world now and get paid lots of $$$ to put sun tan lotion on bikini models during photo shoots ...when I'm not dating them, but I digress) that we don't need to make a bunch of fantastic things up.
Harumph!
What a wicked pissah if a job.
And

Wilmington, OH

#32 Jan 9, 2014
The Phillyfag "rears" his ugly head again...

Level 8

Location hidden

#34 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I didn't catch your real name...what is it?
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Level 8

Location hidden

#35 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text> What a wicked pissah if a job.
:)

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#36 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>O.K. So I'll concede to your idea that you should never try to understand another person. Does that also pertain to trying to understand their ideas and concepts that they bestow upon you?
I never said not to understand another. I said not to try to know them nor try to analyze them nor figure them out. Knowing a person has nothing to do with whether you understand them or their ideas. Ideas are not people. Knowing a person is a form of control. But knowing and understanding ideas is just for you and has nothing to do with others. It is possible to understand words without getting to know others, controlling others, being attached to others, or similar stupid stuff. Feelings and character are private, while ideas and thoughts are public. When I post, it is always impersonal and in the realm of thought - even when using personal examples - which I only mention to use as examples, never to discuss me nor any person.

In this case, the guy did nothing to interact with others and intrude into their spaces. It was him vs. the snow, alone and up against the world - the best feeling there is, and which everyone should have the luxury and privilege to know.

You post has nothing to do with the topic or my first post in this thread which was intended to be a one-time comment. Then I would forget it forever and move on. The purpose of my post was to be a one-way post just to point out that the story shouldn't be considered "odd news." No other purpose. It is not to discuss me or what I might have said *in the past* elsewhere. Every moment with people is supposed to be a clean slate. It is impossible to truly know any person since people have the right to learn, grow, and overcome all the time without being tied to the past. If you call somebody ANY label, you are in essence, cursing them (in the bad luck sort of way). You would be limiting them to whatever behavior you don't like, and ensuring they will continue. What you expect tends to be what you get. Fear works the same way in that if you treat someone a certain way because you don't want to get a certain outcome, you are ensuring they will ruin whatever for you. But when you trust them not to and treat them as though they won't they typically won't. And if they were, then nothing you can do would have prevented it. We don't understand how unnecessary contacts with other people or the choice of words we use adversely impact others.
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Jan 9, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
I don't care what your name is, but you were saying something about someone else using anonymous profiles on the internetz.

How odd.
County Jail

Wilmington, OH

#39 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't care what your name is, but you were saying something about someone else using anonymous profiles on the internetz.
How odd.
Pie down, Peter Puffer, or no more soap-on-a-rope for you!

Level 8

Location hidden

#40 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>
How odd.
A) I said "fake Internet personas", not anonymous profiles.

B) A persona is not the same as a name.

C) My entire post to Lylah was satirical in nature ... and obviously so ... Or did you really think I get paid lots of $$$ to put sun tan lotion on bikini models.

D) my wife and kids are just getting home and I'm signing off.

G) Goodnight.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#41 Jan 9, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said not to understand another. I said not to try to know them nor try to analyze them nor figure them out. Knowing a person has nothing to do with whether you understand them or their ideas. Ideas are not people. Knowing a person is a form of control. But knowing and understanding ideas is just for you and has nothing to do with others. It is possible to understand words without getting to know others, controlling others, being attached to others, or similar stupid stuff. Feelings and character are private, while ideas and thoughts are public. When I post, it is always impersonal and in the realm of thought - even when using personal examples - which I only mention to use as examples, never to discuss me nor any person.
In this case, the guy did nothing to interact with others and intrude into their spaces. It was him vs. the snow, alone and up against the world - the best feeling there is, and which everyone should have the luxury and privilege to know.
You post has nothing to do with the topic or my first post in this thread which was intended to be a one-time comment. Then I would forget it forever and move on. The purpose of my post was to be a one-way post just to point out that the story shouldn't be considered "odd news." No other purpose. It is not to discuss me or what I might have said *in the past* elsewhere. Every moment with people is supposed to be a clean slate. It is impossible to truly know any person since people have the right to learn, grow, and overcome all the time without being tied to the past. If you call somebody ANY label, you are in essence, cursing them (in the bad luck sort of way). You would be limiting them to whatever behavior you don't like, and ensuring they will continue. What you expect tends to be what you get. Fear works the same way in that if you treat someone a certain way because you don't want to get a certain outcome, you are ensuring they will ruin whatever for you. But when you trust them not to and treat them as though they won't they typically won't. And if they were, then nothing you can do would have prevented it. We don't understand how unnecessary contacts with other people or the choice of words we use adversely impact others.
Well then stop trying to act like you know me. I'm trying to understand your ideas, in so much that I asked you a question.
A few questions:
1) By depriving his neighbors of the " the best feeling there is" and denying them a "luxury and privilege" everyone should know. Is he not in fact committing a great offense against them?
2) How can he be sure that he did not mess up someones system by attempting to offer unprovoked help? What if he did or was to do it in a manner that is not within their well regulated and rigidly defined manner? If his attempt at help and good deeds was counter to these questions, is he not the cause of more problems?

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#42 Jan 9, 2014
Lylah wrote:
Oh my FTW...your not confused she is...Lmao.
So sg...smdh. you don't stand behind any of your previous statements on other threads. Lmao wow.
Nobody is confused, and it is always immoral to refer to someone with ANY negative label. I have a precise reason for everything I say and do. It does seem that assertive and independent people bother you.

On a public forum, nobody is supposed to "stand behind" anything. Besides, standing behind something or expecting that in others is what the most violent, most raping gender does. In a public forum, you are only supposed to state what you believe or feel at that given moment. It is wrong to lock anyone into that or expect them to be the same person in a different context or a different moment. I might make a permanent lifetime change in an opinion or idea in the next 5 minutes, and I expect everyone to give me that room. People can grow and change in miraculous ways, but only when others stay out of their way. Sores heal well, when left alone.

So bringing up what is said in one forum IN THE PAST to another is just another way to try to control someone. You should ONLY relate to whatever person you are with at that moment, never someone else from the past. Everyone changes with the moment, and thus it is impossible to know them since the target is always changing, and it is impossible to know whether another person wants or needs help. So if you say you know someone, it means you know an unsavory caricature of them, not them.

Since you cannot know someone, what you might see as a need might be something they deliberately set up for a specific private reason. The person struggling with boxes might actually get a self-esteem boost from carrying them. That would be comparable to catching someone with a drug needle in their arm, snatching it out, breaking the needle, throwing out their drugs, and forcing them into rehab. Yes, that would be helping them too, but it would be you telling them how they need helped and taking away their personal autonomy.

I gave the example of how people pick up papers. Most don't do it the correct way. They tend to shuffle them, not stack them, all turned the same way, and they have no way of knowing the other person's private organization system, nor did you see them as they fell. So only the person who dropped them (assuming they are also their owner) knows the way in which they fell. Knowing all that, you can easily reconstruct how they were. So leaving the one who dropped their papers alone to let them do it actually saves them more time. In the bike example, the woman made things harder since she was lifting at the lightest part and pushing all the weight back onto me. I said twice to let go, and she refused. I had it down to a formula, and there was nothing she could add that would improve things nor be appreciated.

This story doesn't violate my codes because it was him vs. the snow. Nobody else was already doing this. It was a passive and indirect way of helping others. It wasn't forced. Nobody came out and told him to stop, and I assume he would have if they would have, but we don't know. But stopping would not undo the act. There is no way to put virgin snow back in precisely the same way. It will look tampered with no matter what. I've never heard of anyone upset over their driveway being cleaned. It is the yard that some would have a problem with. Making a snowman leaves tracks, and some just want a yard of pristine snow. The only other concern most have with driveways is unwanted objects, whether it be nails, animal waste, trash, or someone else's car. Garbage isn't as bad since something will likely eat it, or it will rot/compost.

Anyway, take care.

Level 6

Location hidden

#43 Jan 9, 2014
Lol. Sublime I said American. Geees. ;). Tehehe

Ok...whether post here are someones true beliefs or a make believe pile of bulsht is not the point. When one comes here and makes post that portray themself a certain crazy way, it is fair game to be challenged. This is a forum for conversations. Bottom line if you don't want someone questioning your logic do not post totally illogical ideas. Just sayin' folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min quite experienced 9,320
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Cyan in CA 57,398
What are "YOU" thankful for? (Nov '08) 20 min Bev Roxon 19
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 23 min Cyan in CA 2,563
Ball of Magnetic Energy Approaching Earth 25 min Crystal_Clear722 2
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 26 min Bev Roxon 8,715
News Teenage Clerks Brilliantly Foil Would-Be Robber 30 min Mitt s Santorum S... 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min Sublime1 167,164
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 59 min Jennifer Renee 12,708
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 2 hr Sublime1 16,039
News J.C. Penney Employee Sent Home For Wearing 'Rev... 4 hr Spotted Girl 35
More from around the web