Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18357 Jan 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Living by the lake I deal with critters. I came home and walked in the bedroom and there was a big snake in the middle of the floor. I went to the garage to get a bat to kill the snake. When I got back the snake was gone. I started my search. I looked under the bed and there it was. I started beating it and pulled it out. I had beaten to death a pair of pantyhose
LMAO
Level 8

Location hidden

#18358 Jan 9, 2014
Was fishing up on rainy lake, MN. We had a house boat that we parked on an island.

We had smaller boats that we pulled with the houseboat and just pulled up on shore next to the house boat that we used when we would head out fishing.

I woke up at 5:30 or 6:00 AM to head out fishing. I was climbing down the ladder at the front of the house boat, with my back facing the island. I was about half way down the ladder and my wife who was up said, uh, Sublime there is a bear right behind you.

I turned around and maybe 25-35 feet away was a nice sized black bear just looking at me like who is this moron.

I climbed back up the ladder and grabbed some pots and pans, made some noise, and scared it away.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18359 Jan 9, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Was fishing up on rainy lake, MN. We had a house boat that we parked on an island.
We had smaller boats that we pulled with the houseboat and just pulled up on shore next to the house boat that we used when we would head out fishing.
I woke up at 5:30 or 6:00 AM to head out fishing. I was climbing down the ladder at the front of the house boat, with my back facing the island. I was about half way down the ladder and my wife who was up said, uh, Sublime there is a bear right behind you.
I turned around and maybe 25-35 feet away was a nice sized black bear just looking at me like who is this moron.
I climbed back up the ladder and grabbed some pots and pans, made some noise, and scared it away.
Once I was climbing into a tree stand. I looked over my shoulder and there were two deer standing about 30 feet from me watching me climb. They must have thought that is the biggest squirrel I have ever seen ; )

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#18360 Jan 9, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
LOL!!!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18361 Jan 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Every once in a while I see something in the woods that just takes my breath away. Once up on the Red River I saw lots of smoke coming from a big cedar tree. I went to investigate and it was pollen from the tree. Another time I was hunting on a very cloudy day and I saw a bright circle of sunshine around a tree. It was impossible and looked like a religios experience. I walk up to the tree and found it was bright yellow leaves shed from a persimmon tree . Nature is amazing if you slow down and notice the beauty
This was right in the "office". lol

Yes, I totally agree. I've seen the smoke from the trees, and I love it. There is this place I've never shared with anyone. I think I'm gonna grab someone this weekend and "share" it this weekend.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18362 Jan 9, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Denny..How about a ROUND for the GANG'S..ALL HERE..GROUP!!
And..I brought my PIGGY BANK..
GOT A HAMMER???
lemme c hammer ... it's hammer time ... m c hammer, get it? lol

good day to all at Denny's ... Have fun today and spend all CC's money in one place, lol ...
Level 8

Location hidden

#18363 Jan 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Once I was climbing into a tree stand. I looked over my shoulder and there were two deer standing about 30 feet from me watching me climb. They must have thought that is the biggest squirrel I have ever seen ; )
My bear was probably waiting for dummy me to come jump in his mouth.

“Don't worry about me, I"m fine”

Level 5

Since: Aug 13

middle of nowhere

#18364 Jan 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Got some armadillo to go with those hashbrowns if you would like :)
Ummmmmm, no, just the hash browns please!

Since: Feb 13

Step Into My Realm

#18365 Jan 9, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you liked the story. I now have two big standar poodles and a small poodle. They are so much fun. The big dogs rough house and keep me entertained. The small poodle is the pack leader and runs the house. The little 5 pound poodle attacks the 100 pound standard like she is going to eat him up :) He just grins and puts up with it :)
Gotta love dogs! They are the ultimate pet. I only have a puddy tat currently but am considering getting another dog. My sweet buddy pit bull died a while back. He was the best! I love nature also, A while back I found the biggest mushroom or toadstool I've ever seen. It was at least as big as my fist...growing under an oak tree, in a little used part of a parking lot by a CVS drug store! Of course I had to pick it and bring it home for closer inspection. LOL!

“Plays well with others.”

Level 8

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#18366 Jan 10, 2014
Heading to New Orleans today to get on the NCL Jewel and off to Mexico, Honduras and Belize. Adios Amigos!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18367 Jan 10, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>This was right in the "office". lol
Yes, I totally agree. I've seen the smoke from the trees, and I love it. There is this place I've never shared with anyone. I think I'm gonna grab someone this weekend and "share" it this weekend.
That sounds like a great plan :) I have the bug to get my metal detector and go to an old state park that was big in the 30's and see what I can find. When I lived in Houston I found the grave of the first vice president of Texas. You had to get there by boat so it had been forgotten. On the shore I found lots of hand forged square nail and broken china from his home that had burned down years ago. I have been watch a program about search old site with metal detectors and I want to get out and see what I can find

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18368 Jan 10, 2014
Fairy Verte wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love dogs! They are the ultimate pet. I only have a puddy tat currently but am considering getting another dog. My sweet buddy pit bull died a while back. He was the best! I love nature also, A while back I found the biggest mushroom or toadstool I've ever seen. It was at least as big as my fist...growing under an oak tree, in a little used part of a parking lot by a CVS drug store! Of course I had to pick it and bring it home for closer inspection. LOL!
Go to the pound or get on Craigs list and rehome a good dog. I got both of my standardson Craigs list. One was a $2000 show dog but they were afraid he would bite their boy. I finally figured out he hated baseball caps. Someone must have hurt her wearing a cap. My male was so cowed and frightened. He had been mistreated . Now he is the happiest dog and he loves playing

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18369 Jan 10, 2014
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Heading to New Orleans today to get on the NCL Jewel and off to Mexico, Honduras and Belize. Adios Amigos!
Have a great cruise but don't be tempted to over eat. I gain 10 pounds from a cruise

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18370 Jan 10, 2014
Nobody 2 Special wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmm, no, just the hash browns please!
Where is your adventurous spirit. It take two people to eat an Armadillo. One watches for cars :)

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18371 Jan 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a great plan :) I have the bug to get my metal detector and go to an old state park that was big in the 30's and see what I can find. When I lived in Houston I found the grave of the first vice president of Texas. You had to get there by boat so it had been forgotten. On the shore I found lots of hand forged square nail and broken china from his home that had burned down years ago. I have been watch a program about search old site with metal detectors and I want to get out and see what I can find
:)

Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. We cannot take artifacts from state or national forests though. I support that. I did get an old Shasta can from the 40s before my old boyfriend told me. Arrowheads and shards of pottery were forbidden to take, and I respected that. So I took HIM right there. Hahaha.

Oops, did I type that out loud?

let me know of your adventures and be sure to take the missus with you! You could have fun either way.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18372 Jan 10, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>:)
Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. We cannot take artifacts from state or national forests though. I support that. I did get an old Shasta can from the 40s before my old boyfriend told me. Arrowheads and shards of pottery were forbidden to take, and I respected that. So I took HIM right there. Hahaha.
Oops, did I type that out loud?
let me know of your adventures and be sure to take the missus with you! You could have fun either way.
The only way she would come with me is like on the silence of the Lambs transported Lector in a straight jacked on a dolly :)
Luke_01

Hastings, MN

#18373 Jan 10, 2014
Hello Ding-Dongs! How's your wife's teeth chatter bug?
lol

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18374 Jan 10, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>The only way she would come with me is like on the silence of the Lambs transported Lector in a straight jacked on a dolly :)
Oh, my!

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18375 Jan 11, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my!
Need I say it is hard to get here out of the house :) I went to see Lone survivor. It was very good. The audience applauded at the end. Not many movies do you see that

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18376 Jan 11, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Need I say it is hard to get here out of the house :) I went to see Lone survivor. It was very good. The audience applauded at the end. Not many movies do you see that
if that's where she's more comfortable than let it be. I haven't looked at that yet. I like those kind of movies. we watched the langoliers again last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min DanFromSmithville 161,839
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min I Am No One_ 161,828
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 11 min Mr_FX 8,268
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 13 min Truths 5,859
A-Z of people's names.. 14 min bjames_37921 9
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 14 min Truths 8,397
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 16 min Truths 8,126
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 29 min Cyan in CA 197
Things that make life eaiser... 30 min Glory Be 278
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Papa Smurfaletto 10,923