Denny Crain's Place

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18322 Jan 6, 2014
Hi Denny ... sorry deer season is over ... it'll come again next year ... so will dove and whitewing season ... don't forget new hunting and fishing license expire 08/31/14 ... but you already knew that as you are not novice at this game ... no pun intended ... hope your day was nice ... I'm back at the gym full time after my rehab of my knee and back, so hurray, I'm happy ... I missed my cronies and by their surprise I suspect they missed me ...

Yall have fun tonight ... Happy Monday! FC <3 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18323 Jan 7, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Hi Denny ... sorry deer season is over ... it'll come again next year ... so will dove and whitewing season ... don't forget new hunting and fishing license expire 08/31/14 ... but you already knew that as you are not novice at this game ... no pun intended ... hope your day was nice ... I'm back at the gym full time after my rehab of my knee and back, so hurray, I'm happy ... I missed my cronies and by their surprise I suspect they missed me ...
Yall have fun tonight ... Happy Monday! FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower. What can I get you from the bar? Put a nickle in the juke box and play something good. Cold this morning but not as bad as yesterday. I need to find a place to hunt hogs. I love hunting and hope my age will let me continue for many more years

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#18324 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> No it wasn't legal then. Coyotes and hogs kill game and should be shot when seen. They can kill a calf or sheep too
Did they see you in the tree?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18325 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You eat a deer one bite at a time. The meat is delicious and very lean and good for you. Deep populations need to be controlled. Seasons and limits are set. We have more deer in Texas than any state. Left unhunted they will over populate and starve
Yes, they do need to be controlled when the choice is overpopulation.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18326 Jan 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when I get to go abroad, but I'm not going abroad ... just up north.
I have to give a presentation or two and meet colleagues who I have worked with for a few years, but haven't met face to face.
Well hopefully it won't be during the freeze they're having now! I love it when I get to meet field staff.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18327 Jan 7, 2014
It wasn't me working with them but the people who worked with them. I had some great times there. Still trying to reconnect with some good pictures.

I saw a cow slaughtered in my teens. Won't stop me from eating beef though. I can say that I think that's why I was a vegetarian in my teens and most of my 20s. LOL.

Yes, indeed, but when a fish happens by and you're diving in rocks in a downstream river, you do what you do with what you have. I'll remember that though.

Smarty pants! that's too hard to do on the phone. Years to master. lol

I wouldn't want my food staring back at me either. lol The presentation of the meal is an art form and definitely lends to dining experience, IMO.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a cool job. I like working with animals too.
Cows arenít really any different and I like eating them, lol. They are nice (bulls are a different story Ö they are mean and dangerous). On a dairy farm, when the calves are born, youíd bottle feed them and the boy babies would get picked up once a week or so and taken to the slaughter house, because they canít produce milk and there is no use for them. Just the way it goes.
I donít particularly like killing anything, tho. I donít even like killing fish. I just block it out and do it because someone has to.
<quoted text>
Iíve never tried it that way. The way I do it, I donít have to touch the guts. A vertical slit behind each gills. Cut the backstrap (the meat along the top of the spine) off, then fillet the sides and leave all the bones on. You leave a little bit more meat on the way I do it, but you donít have to deal with cutting out any bones from the meat or deal with guts.
<quoted text>
I would tell you how, but it takes a lot of talent and years to master, Perse.:p
Actually, you just copy the things in brackets and paste them in. Take the brackets with the who= in it and put it at the front of whatever you want in quotes. Then take the brackets with the /quote in it and put it at the back.
<quoted text>
Then the next day or two nights later I ordered river lobster and it was the same way. It was a country that ate a lot of seafood and my options were limited.
I like the way we do it over here better. I donít like my food staring back at me.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18328 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Well hopefully it won't be during the freeze they're having now! I love it when I get to meet field staff.
We've been cold down here (not as cold as up there). It was down to 6 or 7 degrees this morning. Kids actually started school 2 hours late this morning.

I don't mind meeting folks and I don't mind speaking during a presentation. Unless I'm going to a cool city, I don't like to travel very much. Fortunately, I don't have to do it much. So, I shouldn't complain too much.

I remember thinking how much fun my dad must of had when he would travel to Japan and Taiwan for business when I was a pup. I didn't understand why he didn't care for it at the time. He would bring us back the coolest little gadgets from Japan. I remember getting a radio pen that you could plug your headphones into. This was in the mid 80s.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18329 Jan 7, 2014
I have so much drama going on in my family ... I get a phone call from my bro this morning ... dummy co-signed for student loans for his long time gf (they had been dating for probably 15 years and cohabiting). He said he co-signed for one, but she forged his name for another. Has 40k on his credit report and wants help. <shakes head>

I have an estate fraud that I'm helping my dad with. His father passed last fall and his loser so called super Jesusy brother who was the executor stole all the money.

I have another lawsuit going on involving my folks that the lawyers totally effed up. I was as quiet as a mouse at first, didn't say a word and just listening to their weasel word spiel about the case and them not taking any responsibility for it. Then, I dropped the hammer and just went off on them like a howitzer and told them if they lose the effing case, I am going after their firm for malpractice (and they know they committed malpractice ... said if they lose they will appeal at no cost to us).

There's more too.

My boss said they should make a movie or a tv show about my family.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18330 Jan 7, 2014
long time gf, now ex-gf.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18331 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Did they see you in the tree?
Deer seldom look up. I was only about 10 feet high and they never knew I was right above them. All their attention was on the coyote. One time I was in full camo sitting at the base of a treen when a Red Tailed Hawk came in to strike my face. My nose must have looked tasty. He flaired at the last second a FEW FEET AWAY FROM ME ON A BRAnCH AND JUST STARRED AT me for a minute and then flew off. Scared the peewaddin out of me. Another time a coyote wallked up on me at about 8 feet. I said boo and he jumped and ran. I didn't shoot him because it would mess up my deer hunt

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18332 Jan 7, 2014
Cool! Sleep in!

Yeah! I remember those. Gadgets have come a long way! I used to get dolls and a Pachinko machine one year. Do you still have the pen?
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been cold down here (not as cold as up there). It was down to 6 or 7 degrees this morning. Kids actually started school 2 hours late this morning.
I don't mind meeting folks and I don't mind speaking during a presentation. Unless I'm going to a cool city, I don't like to travel very much. Fortunately, I don't have to do it much. So, I shouldn't complain too much.
I remember thinking how much fun my dad must of had when he would travel to Japan and Taiwan for business when I was a pup. I didn't understand why he didn't care for it at the time. He would bring us back the coolest little gadgets from Japan. I remember getting a radio pen that you could plug your headphones into. This was in the mid 80s.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18333 Jan 7, 2014
It sounds like TV show! What would you call it?
Sublime1 wrote:
I have so much drama going on in my family ... I get a phone call from my bro this morning ... dummy co-signed for student loans for his long time gf (they had been dating for probably 15 years and cohabiting). He said he co-signed for one, but she forged his name for another. Has 40k on his credit report and wants help. <shakes head>
I have an estate fraud that I'm helping my dad with. His father passed last fall and his loser so called super Jesusy brother who was the executor stole all the money.
I have another lawsuit going on involving my folks that the lawyers totally effed up. I was as quiet as a mouse at first, didn't say a word and just listening to their weasel word spiel about the case and them not taking any responsibility for it. Then, I dropped the hammer and just went off on them like a howitzer and told them if they lose the effing case, I am going after their firm for malpractice (and they know they committed malpractice ... said if they lose they will appeal at no cost to us).
There's more too.
My boss said they should make a movie or a tv show about my family.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18334 Jan 7, 2014
LOL!!! Love it! I had an encounter with two nasty little possums.
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Deer seldom look up. I was only about 10 feet high and they never knew I was right above them. All their attention was on the coyote. One time I was in full camo sitting at the base of a treen when a Red Tailed Hawk came in to strike my face. My nose must have looked tasty. He flaired at the last second a FEW FEET AWAY FROM ME ON A BRAnCH AND JUST STARRED AT me for a minute and then flew off. Scared the peewaddin out of me. Another time a coyote wallked up on me at about 8 feet. I said boo and he jumped and ran. I didn't shoot him because it would mess up my deer hunt

Level 8

Location hidden

#18335 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
Do you still have the pen?<quoted text>
My parents probably do. They kept all of our old toys.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18336 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
It sounds like TV show! What would you call it? <quoted text>
I dunno ... "welcome to my effed up family," lol.

My boss said I could wear sun glasses like Heisenberg from Breaking bad, since I already have the other aspects of his look down.

He said we could even write in our assistants ex son in law, who was a druggie, alcoholic, womanizer (he was even banging the baby sitter and doing drugs with her ... you can't make this shyte up!!)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18337 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Flower. What can I get you from the bar? Put a nickle in the juke box and play something good. Cold this morning but not as bad as yesterday. I need to find a place to hunt hogs. I love hunting and hope my age will let me continue for many more years
Good morning, Denny ... I hope you have very many more years of hunting ... you have such life in you to warrant that and much more ... Good day ...

>>waves to Denny's friends<<
not deer

Kansas City, MO

#18338 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they do need to be controlled when the choice is overpopulation.
spoken like a true teabagger. we know what you truly meant.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18339 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
LOL!!! Love it! I had an encounter with two nasty little possums. <quoted text>
I live on a lake and we have dog doors. Sometimes Raccoons come in and eat the dog food. One knight our little poodle woke us up in the middle of the night barking and screaming. I turn on the light and there is a baby raccoon on her head. The two big bird dogs are just watching the battle. I got a robe and put on the baby and released her in the back yard. We went back to sleep and were awoken about an hour later with noise in the room. I turned on the light and the two bird dogs were watching the little poodle. She had a stuffed town and it was like she was retelling them the story of how she kicked the raccoon's ass :)
Level 6

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18340 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I live on a lake and we have dog doors. Sometimes Raccoons come in and eat the dog food. One night our little poodle woke us up in the middle of the night barking and screaming. I turn on the light and there is a baby raccoon on her head. The two big bird dogs are just watching the battle. I got a robe and put it on the baby and released her in the back yard. We went back to sleep and were awoken about an hour later with noise in the room. I turned on the light and the two bird dogs were watching the little poodle. She had a stuffed toy and it was like she was retelling them the story of how she kicked the raccoon's ass :)
LOL

When we used to set out dog food and water for the racoons to eat on our patio in Grapevine.
Once in a while I'd put out some saltine
crackers or sugar cubes.
So funny watching them wash and
then fish in the bowl for the
disappearing treats.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18341 Jan 7, 2014
TenderTink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
When we used to set out dog food and water for the racoons to eat on our patio in Grapevine.
Once in a while I'd put out some saltine
crackers or sugar cubes.
So funny watching them wash and
then fish in the bowl for the
disappearing treats.
They are fun to watch when you have 6 of them around a bowl of dog food :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name the first word that's on you're mind. (Mar '13) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,549
one word (Apr '11) 1 hr Crazy Jae 7,452
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 28,490
Three Word Story (Nov '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 749
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 19,239
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 10,052
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Crazy Jae 85,335
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 231,368
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr MuskyToes 35,387
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 hr Crazy Jae 14,386