Denny Crain's Place

“<3”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#18311 Jan 6, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>In Texas we hunt coyotes year round. I was deer hunting and I saw 2 does about 100 yards away. They saw a coyote 200 yards away and ran over right under me in a tree. They were very concerned about the coyote. Their hair stood up and they were giving the coyote the stink eye ; )
Wow! You didn't shoot the deer did ya?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18312 Jan 6, 2014
eleanorigby wrote:
Good Morning Denny and all your friends,
Just dropping by to wish you a Belated Happy and Healthy New Year.
While I am here, must tell you the latest. I don't know if you are
familiar with MFI...it was a company over here provided flat pack furniture, kitchens and so on, has finished trading now but amassed
a fortune for the son who has inherited it. He has a massive Estate
in Scotland, and guess what he intends to do with the fortune....
He intends to re-introduce wolves and bears into the UK!
He has made a start by bringing in bison. Imagine going hiking in
Scotland, being attacked by bears!
Wow! No way!

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18313 Jan 6, 2014
I won't eat deer. I know you would eat a Bambi though. ;-)

However, I have enjoyed mooseloaf and a bunch of other things at our Wild Game/Fish Feed potlucks. I used to work for a certain resource agency out here, one of several. The fresh grilled tuna was awesome.

I can't imagine why you would shoot a coyote, other than to protect fowl/domestic livestock/house pets.

Snowmobiling at night. That sounds like fun!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't known anyone who hunts them. A lot of folks hunt deer back home.
I don't think there is a lottery back there. There is a season, however. So many deer. I would sometimes be on my snowmobile at night and when out riding in the fields you'd see the headlights reflect back at you from their eyes ... tons of them.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18314 Jan 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
I won't eat deer. I know you would eat a Bambi though. ;-) <quoted text>
Yeah, I'd totally dive right in. Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom <breath> nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, <breath>, nom, nom... ;p

A guy I work with used to be a chef. The past two years he brought in the best venison for our holiday potluck. I don't know what he does, but it is so tender and tastes better than a fine steak.

I like deer jerky too.
-Persephone- wrote:
However, I have enjoyed mooseloaf and a bunch of other things at our Wild Game/Fish Feed potlucks. I used to work for a certain resource agency out here, one of several. The fresh grilled tuna was awesome. <quoted text>
Moose I have not had. Tuna is about the only fish I will eat that I have not caught myself, fileted while still alive and cooked immediately right. I do not like any fishy taste. It has to be fresh fish or I don’t want it.

Crab, lobster, and shrimp I like, however. I was on a business trip overseas in Europe, and I ordered shrimp … they came with the shell, eyes, head, everything. I wasn’t expecting that. I was like wtf is this? My colleagues were laughing at me. It was funny.
-Persephone- wrote:
I can't imagine why you would shoot a coyote, other than to protect fowl/domestic livestock/house pets. <quoted text>
I agree. It seems cruel and ignorant. I don’t think it’s right to kill an animal just for sport.
-Persephone- wrote:
Snowmobiling at night. That sounds like fun!<quoted text>
It’s a good time. It was always fun to go out on the trails with a bunch of buddies. I had a 700cc sled and it could do 90mph. Upon on the frozen lakes in Northern WI and Minnesota you can just open it up. The trials go out on the lakes and they have the areas of thin ice from springs marked off.

I’d like to get back up there one of these days in the winter for a trip.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18315 Jan 6, 2014
I have to travel for work in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18316 Jan 6, 2014
Hehe

Yes, it can be if cooked correctly, but how can you EAT a deer. I mean they're so sweet and nonconfrontational, even before you bump them off the road. It was fun watching babies wander the hallways crying, BEEE, BEEE. At that agency I mentioned, sort of. And when you are bottle feeding them, they suck on your fingers if you aren't fast enough to get the nipple in their mouth. I like wildlife photography and have some pics I want to bring up out of the darkness.

I agree about the fresh fish, not fishy. I don't eat shellfish, bleh. I like fresh trout or a good German brown, fresh caught, on a stick, not scaled even, but gutted over an open fire. When the eyes turn white, it's done.

it sounds like fun.

One of these days I'm going to be able to figure out the quote thing you're doing. Is there a Quoting in Forums for Dummies book?

LOL on the unfishscaped shrimp. Haha.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'd totally dive right in. Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom <breath> nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, <breath>, nom, nom... ;p
A guy I work with used to be a chef. The past two years he brought in the best venison for our holiday potluck. I don't know what he does, but it is so tender and tastes better than a fine steak.
I like deer jerky too.
<quoted text>
Moose I have not had. Tuna is about the only fish I will eat that I have not caught myself, fileted while still alive and cooked immediately right. I do not like any fishy taste. It has to be fresh fish or I don’t want it.
Crab, lobster, and shrimp I like, however. I was on a business trip overseas in Europe, and I ordered shrimp … they came with the shell, eyes, head, everything. I wasn’t expecting that. I was like wtf is this? My colleagues were laughing at me. It was funny.
<quoted text>
I agree. It seems cruel and ignorant. I don’t think it’s right to kill an animal just for sport.
<quoted text>
It’s a good time. It was always fun to go out on the trails with a bunch of buddies. I had a 700cc sled and it could do 90mph. Upon on the frozen lakes in Northern WI and Minnesota you can just open it up. The trials go out on the lakes and they have the areas of thin ice from springs marked off.
I’d like to get back up there one of these days in the winter for a trip.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18317 Jan 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
I have to travel for work in a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to it.
Awww. Yeah, I hear you. I like to travel when that happens though.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18318 Jan 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
Hehe
Yes, it can be if cooked correctly, but how can you EAT a deer. I mean they're so sweet and nonconfrontational, even before you bump them off the road. It was fun watching babies wander the hallways crying, BEEE, BEEE. At that agency I mentioned, sort of. And when you are bottle feeding them, they suck on your fingers if you aren't fast enough to get the nipple in their mouth. I like wildlife photography and have some pics I want to bring up out of the darkness. <quoted text>
That sounds like a cool job. I like working with animals too.

Cows aren’t really any different and I like eating them, lol. They are nice (bulls are a different story … they are mean and dangerous). On a dairy farm, when the calves are born, you’d bottle feed them and the boy babies would get picked up once a week or so and taken to the slaughter house, because they can’t produce milk and there is no use for them. Just the way it goes.

I don’t particularly like killing anything, tho. I don’t even like killing fish. I just block it out and do it because someone has to.
-Persephone- wrote:
I agree about the fresh fish, not fishy. I don't eat shellfish, bleh. I like fresh trout or a good German brown, fresh caught, on a stick, not scaled even, but gutted over an open fire. When the eyes turn white, it's done. <quoted text>
I’ve never tried it that way. The way I do it, I don’t have to touch the guts. A vertical slit behind each gills. Cut the backstrap (the meat along the top of the spine) off, then fillet the sides and leave all the bones on. You leave a little bit more meat on the way I do it, but you don’t have to deal with cutting out any bones from the meat or deal with guts.
-Persephone- wrote:
One of these days I'm going to be able to figure out the quote thing you're doing. Is there a Quoting in Forums for Dummies book?<quoted text>
I would tell you how, but it takes a lot of talent and years to master, Perse.:p

Actually, you just copy the things in brackets and paste them in. Take the brackets with the who= in it and put it at the front of whatever you want in quotes. Then take the brackets with the /quote in it and put it at the back.
-Persephone- wrote:
LOL on the unfishscaped shrimp. Haha. <quoted text>
Then the next day or two nights later I ordered river lobster and it was the same way. It was a country that ate a lot of seafood and my options were limited.

I like the way we do it over here better. I don’t like my food staring back at me.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18319 Jan 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Awww. Yeah, I hear you. I like to travel when that happens though.
I like it when I get to go abroad, but I'm not going abroad ... just up north.

I have to give a presentation or two and meet colleagues who I have worked with for a few years, but haven't met face to face.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18320 Jan 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! You didn't shoot the deer did ya?
No it wasn't legal then. Coyotes and hogs kill game and should be shot when seen. They can kill a calf or sheep too

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18321 Jan 6, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
Hehe
Yes, it can be if cooked correctly, but how can you EAT a deer. I mean they're so sweet and nonconfrontational, even before you bump them off the road. It was fun watching babies wander the hallways crying, BEEE, BEEE. At that agency I mentioned, sort of. And when you are bottle feeding them, they suck on your fingers if you aren't fast enough to get the nipple in their mouth. I like wildlife photography and have some pics I want to bring up out of the darkness.
I agree about the fresh fish, not fishy. I don't eat shellfish, bleh. I like fresh trout or a good German brown, fresh caught, on a stick, not scaled even, but gutted over an open fire. When the eyes turn white, it's done.
it sounds like fun.
One of these days I'm going to be able to figure out the quote thing you're doing. Is there a Quoting in Forums for Dummies book?
LOL on the unfishscaped shrimp. Haha. <quoted text>
You eat a deer one bite at a time. The meat is delicious and very lean and good for you. Deep populations need to be controlled. Seasons and limits are set. We have more deer in Texas than any state. Left unhunted they will over populate and starve

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#18322 Jan 6, 2014
Hi Denny ... sorry deer season is over ... it'll come again next year ... so will dove and whitewing season ... don't forget new hunting and fishing license expire 08/31/14 ... but you already knew that as you are not novice at this game ... no pun intended ... hope your day was nice ... I'm back at the gym full time after my rehab of my knee and back, so hurray, I'm happy ... I missed my cronies and by their surprise I suspect they missed me ...

Yall have fun tonight ... Happy Monday! FC <3 ...

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#18323 Jan 7, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Hi Denny ... sorry deer season is over ... it'll come again next year ... so will dove and whitewing season ... don't forget new hunting and fishing license expire 08/31/14 ... but you already knew that as you are not novice at this game ... no pun intended ... hope your day was nice ... I'm back at the gym full time after my rehab of my knee and back, so hurray, I'm happy ... I missed my cronies and by their surprise I suspect they missed me ...
Yall have fun tonight ... Happy Monday! FC <3 ...
Good morning Flower. What can I get you from the bar? Put a nickle in the juke box and play something good. Cold this morning but not as bad as yesterday. I need to find a place to hunt hogs. I love hunting and hope my age will let me continue for many more years

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18324 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> No it wasn't legal then. Coyotes and hogs kill game and should be shot when seen. They can kill a calf or sheep too
Did they see you in the tree?

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18325 Jan 7, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>You eat a deer one bite at a time. The meat is delicious and very lean and good for you. Deep populations need to be controlled. Seasons and limits are set. We have more deer in Texas than any state. Left unhunted they will over populate and starve
Yes, they do need to be controlled when the choice is overpopulation.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18326 Jan 7, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when I get to go abroad, but I'm not going abroad ... just up north.
I have to give a presentation or two and meet colleagues who I have worked with for a few years, but haven't met face to face.
Well hopefully it won't be during the freeze they're having now! I love it when I get to meet field staff.

“<3”

Level 9

Black Rock City, NV

#18327 Jan 7, 2014
It wasn't me working with them but the people who worked with them. I had some great times there. Still trying to reconnect with some good pictures.

I saw a cow slaughtered in my teens. Won't stop me from eating beef though. I can say that I think that's why I was a vegetarian in my teens and most of my 20s. LOL.

Yes, indeed, but when a fish happens by and you're diving in rocks in a downstream river, you do what you do with what you have. I'll remember that though.

Smarty pants! that's too hard to do on the phone. Years to master. lol

I wouldn't want my food staring back at me either. lol The presentation of the meal is an art form and definitely lends to dining experience, IMO.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a cool job. I like working with animals too.
Cows aren’t really any different and I like eating them, lol. They are nice (bulls are a different story … they are mean and dangerous). On a dairy farm, when the calves are born, you’d bottle feed them and the boy babies would get picked up once a week or so and taken to the slaughter house, because they can’t produce milk and there is no use for them. Just the way it goes.
I don’t particularly like killing anything, tho. I don’t even like killing fish. I just block it out and do it because someone has to.
<quoted text>
I’ve never tried it that way. The way I do it, I don’t have to touch the guts. A vertical slit behind each gills. Cut the backstrap (the meat along the top of the spine) off, then fillet the sides and leave all the bones on. You leave a little bit more meat on the way I do it, but you don’t have to deal with cutting out any bones from the meat or deal with guts.
<quoted text>
I would tell you how, but it takes a lot of talent and years to master, Perse.:p
Actually, you just copy the things in brackets and paste them in. Take the brackets with the who= in it and put it at the front of whatever you want in quotes. Then take the brackets with the /quote in it and put it at the back.
<quoted text>
Then the next day or two nights later I ordered river lobster and it was the same way. It was a country that ate a lot of seafood and my options were limited.
I like the way we do it over here better. I don’t like my food staring back at me.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18328 Jan 7, 2014
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Well hopefully it won't be during the freeze they're having now! I love it when I get to meet field staff.
We've been cold down here (not as cold as up there). It was down to 6 or 7 degrees this morning. Kids actually started school 2 hours late this morning.

I don't mind meeting folks and I don't mind speaking during a presentation. Unless I'm going to a cool city, I don't like to travel very much. Fortunately, I don't have to do it much. So, I shouldn't complain too much.

I remember thinking how much fun my dad must of had when he would travel to Japan and Taiwan for business when I was a pup. I didn't understand why he didn't care for it at the time. He would bring us back the coolest little gadgets from Japan. I remember getting a radio pen that you could plug your headphones into. This was in the mid 80s.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18329 Jan 7, 2014
I have so much drama going on in my family ... I get a phone call from my bro this morning ... dummy co-signed for student loans for his long time gf (they had been dating for probably 15 years and cohabiting). He said he co-signed for one, but she forged his name for another. Has 40k on his credit report and wants help. <shakes head>

I have an estate fraud that I'm helping my dad with. His father passed last fall and his loser so called super Jesusy brother who was the executor stole all the money.

I have another lawsuit going on involving my folks that the lawyers totally effed up. I was as quiet as a mouse at first, didn't say a word and just listening to their weasel word spiel about the case and them not taking any responsibility for it. Then, I dropped the hammer and just went off on them like a howitzer and told them if they lose the effing case, I am going after their firm for malpractice (and they know they committed malpractice ... said if they lose they will appeal at no cost to us).

There's more too.

My boss said they should make a movie or a tv show about my family.

Level 8

Location hidden

#18330 Jan 7, 2014
long time gf, now ex-gf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min andet1987 31,574
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 192,694
Post any FOUR words 8 min CJ Rocker 926
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min andet1987 7,641
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 13 min andet1987 34,961
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 18 min andet1987 121
News new Police find heroin mill behind NYC candy sh... 23 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 10
2words into 2new words (May '12) 50 min Sharlene45 2,144
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Joi C 7,395
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 3 hr LBS 7,129
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr A Typical 56,717
More from around the web