Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted
Bill

Richmond, KY

#248 Aug 29, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
Scapegoat.. Hmmm..
TRUE or FALSE??
The public integrity unit was investigating his Cancer Research deal. It involved 3 billion dollars. Kinda dirty to play politics with money that's supposed to be going to cancer research.

I'm getting kinda tired of picking on him. Starting to feel sorry for him now

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#249 Aug 29, 2014
-Lea- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Eff.
LOL. He didn't support the first gerbil.
Armageddon!!!!

“Very cute!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

United States

#250 Aug 29, 2014
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Armageddon!!!!
Exactly!
Bill

Richmond, KY

#251 Aug 29, 2014
Time for Perry to step down: Opposing view (Opinion)

In Texas, we follow the rules. We don't bend them; we don't break them. On Friday, Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry was indicted on two felony charges of coercion and abuse of power. While Republicans have been defending Perry, calling the indictment "flimsy," here in Texas we knew it was just a matter of time.

Why? Because Perry has created a pervasive culture of corruption in the Republican Party of Texas, starting at the top with gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott and trickling down to attorney general candidate Ken Paxton.

More than just "hardball politicking," this was abuse of power from a governor who tried to shut down the public integrity unit that is charged with investigating government corruption and fraud — an agency that was looking into whether Texas' cancer research institute funneled more than $40 million in taxpayer funds to Abbott and Perry donors, without proper oversight.

Will Hailer

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08...
Bill

Richmond, KY

#252 Aug 29, 2014
-Lea- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You're wearing this.
Hillary will fix the health care system if she's elected. She tried to when her husband was president but was blocked by republicans in congress
Tommy

Mount Washington, KY

#253 Sep 2, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary will fix the health care system if she's elected. She tried to when her husband was president but was blocked by republicans in congress
No, not republicans fault, she used Tennessee as a pilot state (Tenncare) and it was an abysmal failure, like her presidency would be if elected, like obamas is right now...&#128584;&#12858 5;&#128586;
Jack

Mount Washington, KY

#254 Sep 3, 2014
Bill wrote:
Time for Perry to step down: Opposing view (Opinion)
In Texas, we follow the rules. We don't bend them; we don't break them. On Friday, Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry was indicted on two felony charges of coercion and abuse of power. While Republicans have been defending Perry, calling the indictment "flimsy," here in Texas we knew it was just a matter of time.
Why? Because Perry has created a pervasive culture of corruption in the Republican Party of Texas, starting at the top with gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott and trickling down to attorney general candidate Ken Paxton.
More than just "hardball politicking," this was abuse of power from a governor who tried to shut down the public integrity unit that is charged with investigating government corruption and fraud — an agency that was looking into whether Texas' cancer research institute funneled more than $40 million in taxpayer funds to Abbott and Perry donors, without proper oversight.
Will Hailer
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08...
Just read that article and it was all editorial from a liberal rag. Nice try. And just so you know, the grand jury process is all bull&#128169;&#128169; &#128169;&#128169; &#128169;. Once it reaches them, you're as good as indicted.
Libtard.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#255 Sep 3, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read that article and it was all editorial from a liberal rag. Nice try. And just so you know, the grand jury process is all bull&#128169;&#128169; &#128169;&#128169; &#128169;. Once it reaches them, you're as good as indicted.
Libtard.
What's up with all the numbers in your post?

My opinion? If he's tried in Austin, he will be convicted of something. But it will probably be reversed on appeal.

The grand jury process is bullshit? Tell that to the jury
Bill

Richmond, KY

#256 Sep 3, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read that article and it was all editorial from a liberal rag. Nice try. And just so you know, the grand jury process is all bull&#128169;&#128169; &#128169;&#128169; &#128169;. Once it reaches them, you're as good as indicted.
Libtard.
You're not understanding the political process here. The special prosecutor that got Perry indicted is an conservative and he was appointed by a Republican judge. The tea party has taken over politics in Texas, but the judicial system is still controlled by establishment Republicans. Perry will have to make friends with them the keep his ass out of prison
Tommy

Mount Washington, KY

#257 Sep 4, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not understanding the political process here. The special prosecutor that got Perry indicted is an conservative and he was appointed by a Republican judge. The tea party has taken over politics in Texas, but the judicial system is still controlled by establishment Republicans. Perry will have to make friends with them the keep his ass out of prison
Actually what he's guilty of is not supporting LGBT agenda, while Ms. DUI does......that's what the real issue is. Gays are trying to "convert" Texas into a lib state. They can't stand that it's Americas last stand.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#258 Sep 4, 2014
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what he's guilty of is not supporting LGBT agenda, while Ms. DUI does......that's what the real issue is. Gays are trying to "convert" Texas into a lib state. They can't stand that it's Americas last stand.
If you'll read up, the tea party has took over texas by winning elections against establishment republicans. Guarantee there's some pissedoff republicans. I think its mostly about limiting the tea party's power
Tommy

Mount Washington, KY

#259 Sep 4, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with all the numbers in your post?
My opinion? If he's tried in Austin, he will be convicted of something. But it will probably be reversed on appeal.
The grand jury process is bullshit? Tell that to the jury
I will tell any jury, you, or anyone else the grand jury process is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!! The prosecutor states their case to the grand jury without anyone there to challenge them, and without hearing the other sides story, and often the prosecutors side lies and embellishes and exaggerates everything as well. If you've made it to the grand jury, it's iver for you forever. Your life will never be the same. The system is bull. Your an idiot for not knowing this.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#260 Sep 4, 2014
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell any jury, you, or anyone else the grand jury process is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!! The prosecutor states their case to the grand jury without anyone there to challenge them, and without hearing the other sides story, and often the prosecutors side lies and embellishes and exaggerates everything as well. If you've made it to the grand jury, it's iver for you forever. Your life will never be the same. The system is bull. Your an idiot for not knowing this.
The conviction rate in Texas is 85%, but that's for all charges not just felony indictments. Probably a lot less than 85% if you've got 4 million to spend defending the charges. But you're right, you probably never get your reputation back once you're indicted, even if the charges are dismissed or you're found not guilty
Jack

Mount Washington, KY

#261 Sep 4, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The conviction rate in Texas is 85%, but that's for all charges not just felony indictments. Probably a lot less than 85% if you've got 4 million to spend defending the charges. But you're right, you probably never get your reputation back once you're indicted, even if the charges are dismissed or you're found not guilty
Thank you.
Too simplistic

Corona, CA

#262 Sep 4, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
How is vetoing something a crime for a state governor?
It's not. However, when it's done as a form of retaliation, a crime it becomes.
Sheesh

Corona, CA

#263 Sep 4, 2014
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what he's guilty of is not supporting LGBT agenda, while Ms. DUI does......that's what the real issue is. Gays are trying to "convert" Texas into a lib state. They can't stand that it's Americas last stand.
Texas was a last stand state another time also. Remember the Alamo? Had to come running to the Feds that time. Well, the majority of Americans either don't care if they get married or they support their right to do so. Who ya going to run to this time?
Jack

Mount Washington, KY

#264 Sep 4, 2014
Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas was a last stand state another time also. Remember the Alamo? Had to come running to the Feds that time. Well, the majority of Americans either don't care if they get married or they support their right to do so. Who ya going to run to this time?
Your mom. Gay marriage will never be considered real. Ever.
Kramer

Mount Washington, KY

#265 Sep 5, 2014
Too simplistic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not. However, when it's done as a form of retaliation, a crime it becomes.
You mean like getting a dui and telling the arresting officers that they're going to lose their jobs and spit in their face?
Recap

Richmond, KY

#266 Sep 5, 2014
The indictment revolves around Perry’s veto of $7.5 million in funding to state’s public integrity unit., based in the Travis County district attorney’s office. District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, who ran the unit, was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated in 2012. Perry publicly demanded that she step aside. When she didn’t, he vetoed the unit’s funding.

At the same time, the unit, long a weather vane to Texas politics, was investigating one of Perry’s signature achievements, the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas, for alleged mismanagement.

http://time.com/3121778/rick-perry-indicted-i...
Recap

Richmond, KY

#267 Sep 5, 2014
A former high-ranking official of Texas’ cancer-fighting agency is not expected to stand trial before the November general election.

The trial of Jerald “Jerry” Cobbs, who faces a felony corruption charge, likely will be scheduled for December or early 2015.

Judge Brown set Sept. 4 as the next hearing for Cobbs, the former chief commercialization officer at the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.

Cobbs was indicted in December, 2013 in connection with an improperly awarded $11 million grant to Peloton Therapeutics, a Dallas-based technology firm. He is accused of deceiving two CPRIT officials by failing to disclose that the 2010 grant to Peloton did not undergo a required business or scientific review.

State law prohibits a person from fraudulently causing another to sign a document affecting a financial interest. The charge is a first-degree felony that carries a prison term from five to 99 years.

http://watchdogblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/tr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min eleanorigby 59,902
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 25 min Statistics 10,894
Word Association (Mar '10) 41 min Calisportsgirl 21,126
Word Association. (Nov '10) 42 min Calisportsgirl 19,728
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 43 min Calisportsgirl 19,850
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 45 min Calisportsgirl 5,195
Word association (Jun '07) 47 min Calisportsgirl 5,265
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 197,721
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 33,279
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 4 hr Sparky 665
More from around the web