Tenn. Judge: Baby Can't Be Named 'Messiah'

Aug 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsRadio540.com

According to one Tennessee judge, only one person in history deserves the name "Messiah" - so on Thursday she changed a 7-month-old's name to Martin instead.

Comments
61 - 73 of 73 Comments Last updated Oct 21, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

The Rogue wrote:
And who is paying the court costs for all of this overturning? You, Ricky-Poo-Poo of Kansas? You do have one big, loud mouth and it's carried over from the other thread. Just so happens that there's no live plug in it right now, ya got it? LOL LOL LOL
The folk who pay taxes to Tennessee are going to have to foot the bill for what this little bit of judicial activism in the name of God gone stupid is going to cost to fix. The ACLU is representing the parents now and so the taxpayers to Tennessee have that meter running too. I don't pay any taxes to Tennessee. Darn. Wait a second. Aren't conservatives opposed to activist judges?

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
stay on the subject this is a civil court , not a criminal
JUDGE: The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," Judge Lu Ann Ballew said in her ruling. She added that the decision is for little Messiah's own good, as his name "could put him at odds with a lot of people," particularly in the heavily Christian county where he lives.
the judge passing a law school and a state bar exam is hardly uneducated
I didn't stray far & understood that fully before I spoke.
Actually "Family Court" falls under neither civil or criminal guidelines.
That is the idea behind it, one court ,one family,one judge approach reduces shuffling between courts .
"
"the judge passing a law school and a state bar exam is hardly uneducated"
This means nothing. Without this judges record to look at anyway. even with it the ruling is still wrong. A criminal judge hearing family cases is akin to talking to my G.P. Doctor about brain surgery or talking to my neurologists about my broken finger or my dislocated joints.
I have an odd last name,particularly in the area where this case is ,With the last name COONS ,I have raised more than a few eyebrows ,if i would have been raised in an area with a lot of Blacks,should the court intervened & changed my name to protect me?
My first response of "I guess you could really cause a ruckus in Cocke county naming your kid Vishnu,Brahma,or Shiva or Allah! or Buddha or just reject them all & Call Him your little Devil!" is no different here,someone,anyone telling you that you HAVE to change your name is no different than them telling what color of clothes to wear "To Protect Yourself" Rick

“ reality, what a concept”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
stay on the subject this is a civil court , not a criminal
JUDGE: The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," Judge Lu Ann Ballew said in her ruling. She added that the decision is for little Messiah's own good, as his name "could put him at odds with a lot of people," particularly in the heavily Christian county where he lives.
the judge passing a law school and a state bar exam is hardly uneducated
Unfortunately, in this case, the "judge" is actually a "child support magistrate", a hearing officer empowered to make statutory determinations in custody issues. She didn't have to be a lawyer to be one and isn't. Activist child support magistrates ruling on issues no one has asked her about, not smart. Even if she says God agrees with her.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

she has all of the powers of a judge up to a degree...she is hearing the case seems that the courts on a full docket ..

her ruling is binding

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
Perhaps I could offer a happy medium...
Muad'Dib.
The name of the small mouse that has an ability to survive in the deserts of Arrakis.
If he survives the test of the Spice of Life, he may become the Kwasitz Haderach despite the machinations of competing powers.
Or become a plumber, mechanical engineer or Starbucks barrista. Pursuit of happiness and all that...
Dune?
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Who gives a crap what they name their child? The scary part is that some one that believes all the bible MYTHS has authority over peoples lives. The bible was written by bronze age sheep herders FOR bronze age sheep herders,, time to come out of the dark ages?? Earth is not flat anymore!!

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

I care hate the name JOE. sounds like a cup of coffee

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
Perhaps I could offer a happy medium...

Muad'Dib.

The name of the small mouse that has an ability to survive in the deserts of Arrakis.

If he survives the test of the Spice of Life, he may become the Kwasitz Haderach despite the machinations of competing powers.

Or become a plumber, mechanical engineer or Starbucks barrista. Pursuit of happiness and all that...
Lol... It's all about the Spice

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Dune?
Dude!

(Dude punctuation translations:

Dude!- Yes!
Dude?- I don't understand. Pass the bong.
Dude.- I agree. Pass the bong.
Duuuude.- You went there. Pass the bong.
Duuuude (affirmative head shake)- Blew my mind. pass the bong.
)

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

formerlythere wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... It's all about the Spice
And the Spice must flow.

One day, once humanity picks their feet up after the Armageddon, they will realize the break up of the Spice Girls was the equivalent of the Messiah being crucified.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude!
(Dude punctuation translations:
Dude!- Yes!
Dude?- I don't understand. Pass the bong.
Dude.- I agree. Pass the bong.
Duuuude.- You went there. Pass the bong.
Duuuude (affirmative head shake)- Blew my mind. pass the bong.
)
Dune...As in really good book.
HeHe

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Hello
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Prediction, the Judge will be overturned and hauled before the state's judicial review board. This kind of abuse will not go unnoticed, even in Tennessee.
Well, time has trudged on Rickie Pooh..........it ain't gonna happen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

164 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 2 min Petal Power 5,643
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min now and then 14,868
happy birthday hml 5 min Petal Power 17
If you came with a warning label what would it ... 6 min honeymylove 212
Firefighter Arrested in Conn. 6 min Holy Silicon Wafer 2
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 7 min Petal Power 1,252
I love you because............ (Apr '09) 9 min Petal Power 603
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Petal Power 141,215
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 30 min Petal Power 15,596