Drugs big problem in Ct

Drugs big problem in Ct

Posted in the Weird Forum

SANDY

AOL

#1 May 7, 2006
I am a middle age woman, lived in Ct all my life, and I would just like to comment on all the changes i see in this state, I am talking the Greenwich, Stamford/Norwalk area's. although I am sure it is stae wide, and nationwide as well, I have never seen , and heard so much about illegal drug use, I hear stories from people, and it appears it is hitting a big percentage of homes, either it being someone's child, or grand child, we are hearing of an heroin use, and cocaine, and opiate use like crazy!!! it appears like it is an epidemic in our area, and what I would like to know is, is our law inforcement working full force on getting the drug dealers off the streets?, are our laws strong enough to back the work of the police?, sure they can arrest them, but how long are they staying behind bars?, apparently not long enough, I am so concerned for my children, and grand children, it really has me disturbed to know we have so much drug activity going on, in my day pot was a big thing, today we are talking about drugs that can kill a person, my goodness heroin, i never thought we would hear much of that drug any longer, I just hope, and pray our law enforcments are cracking down extremely hard on these dealers, because with all this comes a high rate of crime, and in the end death.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#2 Feb 19, 2013
In my town, drug use and pushers have escalated considerably over the last 10 years. It's very disturbing. It seems at least one person every month or so is involved in drug confiscation, sales and murder. Our town is nothing like it used to be, but reading your post, it's probably that way in a lot of American towns today. What a shame. The economy hasn't helped either, but it's picking up a bit. Our mayor is trying to beautify the city and is in the process of building a hockey arena to help bring revenue to the area. Many locals have concerns and there are pros and cons to this project, but overall, it may be what our town needs. I hope so.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 Feb 19, 2013
SANDY wrote:
I am a middle age woman, lived in Ct all my life, and I would just like to comment on all the changes i see in this state, I am talking the Greenwich, Stamford/Norwalk area's. although I am sure it is stae wide, and nationwide as well, I have never seen , and heard so much about illegal drug use, I hear stories from people, and it appears it is hitting a big percentage of homes, either it being someone's child, or grand child, we are hearing of an heroin use, and cocaine, and opiate use like crazy!!! it appears like it is an epidemic in our area, and what I would like to know is, is our law inforcement working full force on getting the drug dealers off the streets?, are our laws strong enough to back the work of the police?, sure they can arrest them, but how long are they staying behind bars?, apparently not long enough, I am so concerned for my children, and grand children, it really has me disturbed to know we have so much drug activity going on, in my day pot was a big thing, today we are talking about drugs that can kill a person, my goodness heroin, i never thought we would hear much of that drug any longer, I just hope, and pray our law enforcments are cracking down extremely hard on these dealers, because with all this comes a high rate of crime, and in the end death.
Before I offer my opinion, let me just say that I agree with most of what you have said. I lucked out since neither of my kids ever experimented with drugs (at least none to my knowledge). That being said, it remains a concern of mine for my grandkids. My oldest grandson was accepted at UW-Madison next year. College life can be tough and I worry that he might succumb to pier (sp?) pressure somewhere along the line.

Jail/prison time for drug use is rare - law enforcement normally keys in on the sellers and dealers and not so much on the users. The key is on rehabilitation nowadays - and that only works in the a fraction of the cases.

You can't place the blame entirely on the police and other agencies. The real root cause is at home - somewhere along the line you have to place part of the blame on the parent(s). Drugs and gangs kinda' go hand-in-hand as we all know. And most young people are lured by gang life - since they get more love, understanding, support and nurturing from the gang than they do at home.

It's just not a Connecticut problem - drugs are a nationwide problem.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Great White Snark wrote:
<quoted text>U of W is one of the top party schools.
Correction, my Alma Mater is professional grade. Number 3 doesn't do it justice.

http://www.pubclub.com/collegefootball/index....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weird Forum Daily AA Meeting 5 min WTF 11
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 7 min Disgruntled 87
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Helel O Shining One 190,920
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 51 min ChristineM 197,494
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 32,154
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr stacked and proud 8,824
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 1 hr stacked and proud 8,107
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr its me daisy 6,124
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 2 hr SweLL GirL 2,378
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr SweLL GirL 144,841
More from around the web