Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#122152 Sep 9, 2014
They are finding this out in many dinosaur species, or should I say "thought to be species". What a blunder. Messes up the old evolution tree a bit.

A Third of Dinosaur Species Never Existed?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...

New analyses of dinosaur growth may wipe out one-third of species
http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2009/...

I know, I know. You will just say "So! This doesn't disprove evolution".

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#122153 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
They are finding this out in many dinosaur species, or should I say "thought to be species". What a blunder. Messes up the old evolution tree a bit.
A Third of Dinosaur Species Never Existed?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...
New analyses of dinosaur growth may wipe out one-third of species
http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2009/...
I know, I know. You will just say "So! This doesn't disprove evolution".
Why would it?
The Dude

UK

#122154 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
Actually it would merely trim a few branches.

Come on Repro. You've been given a ton of potentially valid falsifications in the past. You should know better than this.

Pity your beef is ideological, eh.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#122155 Sep 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
I know you have been hoping for this to go away, but it doesn't even start till the fat lady sings.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#122156 Sep 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it?
What was/is there, 1200+ of dinosaur species named? Now maybe one third or 400+ may have never existed! That is a BIG error. You all were spoon fed that and you all ate that up for quite some time. One has to wonder what else they may be and how much they may be or are wrong about.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#122157 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What was/is there, 1200+ of dinosaur species named? Now maybe one third or 400+ may have never existed! That is a BIG error. You all were spoon fed that and you all ate that up for quite some time. One has to wonder what else they may be and how much they may be or are wrong about.
Funny how you take such joy in thinking that science may have been wrong about something. Why is that?

In any event, you're overstating your case. The third that you seem to have your knickers in a twist over ***DID*** exist. They are simply learning more about the development of juveniles into adults as we find more fossils and consolidating species. Rightly so. Why do find that to be a problem?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#122158 Sep 9, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if the universe was a spinning circuit or closed system itself, couldn't it's rotation and fixed velocity create energy and inner products such as gravity? If it is rotating and not affected by external forces why would it's force change?
That still doesn't explain how it could make Earths gravity.
Unless you had a flat Earth with everything on one side...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#122159 Sep 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it would merely trim a few branches.
Come on Repro. You've been given a ton of potentially valid falsifications in the past. You should know better than this.
Pity your beef is ideological, eh.
10 years ago you believed and would have fought to defend science on of all those dinosaurs species that now might have never existed. I would be curious to see some of the dating on the ones now considered the same species as others. I wonder how many years in millions they might have claimed some are or were apart. It seems the more we find out shows we know less of what we actually thought we knew.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#122160 Sep 9, 2014
In the mean time, here are some Moby Dick stories for you...

http://time.com/3306405/whale-penis-pelvis/

http://www.scientificcomputing.com/news/2014/...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#122161 Sep 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you take such joy in thinking that science may have been wrong about something. Why is that?
In any event, you're overstating your case. The third that you seem to have your knickers in a twist over ***DID*** exist. They are simply learning more about the development of juveniles into adults as we find more fossils and consolidating species. Rightly so. Why do find that to be a problem?
Yes the dinosaurs existed but may be not the "species" being that they may not be a separate species as previously claimed. That is a big blunder especially if some of the evo tree branches differently from the so called different species> say "A, B, and C. Like out of A evolved D and E, out of B evolved F and G and out of C evolved H and I, when in reality there was no actual B and C because they were actually all A.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#122162 Sep 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The joy is in you thinking science is/was right when in reality it always isn't right and how you all get so defensive when it is wrong.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#122163 Sep 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The possibility that some juvenile dinosaurs may have been described as separate species has been known for sometime. That is a risk with any taxonomy where you have limited material to use in describing species and know little of the biology and ecology. I saw this documentary a few years ago. I think it is from 2009. It outlines some of the issues facing paleotaxonomy and what is being found.

It really doesn't have that much to do with the theory of evolution.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#122164 Sep 9, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dislike all people but myself.
There are many Germans I like.
Yes, yes, I know you only like Germans .... don't start a war again against other nations, shall we?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#122165 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The joy is in you thinking science is/was right when in reality it always isn't right and how you all get so defensive when it is wrong.
Where did I get defensive? Do you always have to overstate everything? I simply asked why you seem to get so much joy in thinking science may be wrong about something.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#122166 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the dinosaurs existed but may be not the "species" being that they may not be a separate species as previously claimed. That is a big blunder especially if some of the evo tree branches differently from the so called different species> say "A, B, and C. Like out of A evolved D and E, out of B evolved F and G and out of C evolved H and I, when in reality there was no actual B and C because they were actually all A.
Yeah, OK, bub. Huge blunder when science refines its theories. How dare the bastards???
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#122167 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
10 years ago you believed and would have fought to defend science on of all those dinosaurs species that now might have never existed. I would be curious to see some of the dating on the ones now considered the same species as others. I wonder how many years in millions they might have claimed some are or were apart. It seems the more we find out shows we know less of what we actually thought we knew.
Yes, show us those datings to differ all of a sudden.
You can't?
Thought so.
TATTLE.

The difference between science and religion is that religion can't correct itself but science does.
Because science is based on observations and when new observations are found, it will be CORRECTED. Because in science counts: when the observations and doctrine contradict, OFF goes doctrine. In religion it goes like this: if the when the observations and doctrine contradict, OFF go the observations.

Even today, in the 21st century, religion can't correct itself on floods that were claimed to have happened but actually never occurred. Are we told that actually there were biblical times when people grew 5 meters or taller and aged 500 years and older.

Even after 4,100 years it didn't manage to get rid of this terrible caboodle.
And some of those bronze age mythology dwellers, you, is telling us here about the validity of knowledge?

Science accomplishes more in any few decades than your whole religion in its entire 4,100 years history.

Tell us, do you still believe in the flood having happened?

F*ck off with your balderdash.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#122168 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, taxonomy of even extant species is often revised and species considered valid may hold up, be synonymized, moved to different groups or considered invalid. This is the way it has always been.

I couldn't say for sure, but if the species existed over a long enough span it isn't inconceivable to find adults in one strata and juveniles in another.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#122169 Sep 9, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if the universe was a spinning circuit or closed system itself, couldn't it's rotation and fixed velocity create energy and inner products such as gravity? If it is rotating and not affected by external forces why would it's force change?
That is FAR BEYOND your comprehension.
DON'T start to tattle about it. Your question alone here above show that.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#122170 Sep 9, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A worldwide flood that never happened.
Talking snakes.
A man surviving 3 days praying in a fish' belly.
People ageing 500 years or older.
Giants growing 5 meters or taller.
The sun that stood still at some one's command.
A flat earth.
Geocentricism.
And the list goes on and on and on.....

You all were spoon fed that and you all ate that up for quite some time.
One has to wonder what else they may be and how much they may be or are wrong about.
No, it is even WORSE: you probably STILL believe this crap and caboodle.

See, that's the difference between you and us: if WE find new observations, old ideas are corrected.
If YOU are confronted by new observations (you NEVER look for those yourself) you just put your fingers in your ears and close your eyes and start to recite Babble texts.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#122171 Sep 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, OK, bub. Huge blunder when science refines its theories. How dare the bastards???
This would be considered defensive since you are being sarcastic or may be idiotic.

Use your brain for once. The blunder was naming the different ages of the same species different species.. Refining the theories is not a blunder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min F_R_E_D 217,375
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 10 min SweLL GirL 7,891
hoosier hillbilly (May '13) 21 min Princess Hey 28
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 45 min wichita-rick 23,787
Memorial Day 57 min Info 53
News Man held in Las Vegas sex assaults, kidnap, rob... 1 hr ilove Russia 5
Make highest comment in Offbeat topix forum (Dec '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 83
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr 8541 MARINE 75,330
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr harleyhoney 22,013
News Ben & Jerry's 'no-same-flavor' rule implemented... 8 hr Christsharia sLaw 31
More from around the web