Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#121795 Sep 5, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?
The Golf IS a great car !!!
The best cars in the world are German cars. Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche ...
Hell no, far from it, I am not a pig ignorant Nazi of little intelligence either.

Not when you have driven Ďgreatí cars itís not.

The veewubbleu is a mass produced bit of bling for the young and gullible masses, Black Mans Wheels are designed by cocks for cocks and the push cars are unstable to the point of dangerous.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#121796 Sep 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm, as you know English has borrowed many words form French. Many other languages do not particularly derive their military vocabulary from French.
But, anyway, I always upset Frenchmen when saying Napoleon is just a crook like all other conquerors (as Hitler). He terrorized Europe as much as all other villains, like Caesar, the Russian Tsars and Hitler. And the English who conquered all their colonies worldwide.
you are right.
It is just because of British, French and American propaganda that the world is thinking that only hitler was a crook. Napoleon invaded my land for no reasons. Fortunately we destroyed him.

Level 6

#121797 Sep 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm, as you know English has borrowed many words form French. Many other languages do not particularly derive their military vocabulary from French.
But, anyway, I always upset Frenchmen when saying Napoleon is just a crook like all other conquerors (as Hitler). He terrorized Europe as much as all other villains, like Caesar, the Russian Tsars and Hitler. And the English who conquered all their colonies worldwide.

True many donít but many do, certainly the French and English speaking ones and some of the ones that donít have Latin roots have borrowed terms.

Again, true, Napoleon was not a nice guy but he worked wonders for the French psyche just has Hitler did for Germany while we was winning and the brits when the empire was big enough for the sun to never set on it.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#121798 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mike got upset when the engineer jokes were hot stuff so tell me, how many wars has the US won one off its own bat in the last 100 years?
Depends on what you think winning is, the war in the pacific and Iraq were undeniable in our favor. But honestly I'm not sure winning a war is possible anymore. There maybe ground gained and a temporary illusion of victory, but this fades away and back to conflict. This is partly due to human rights and partly to do with global communications. You just can't snuff something out anymore
and to win that would be the barbaric truth in winning war.

Level 6

#121799 Sep 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you think winning is, the war in the pacific and Iraq were undeniable in our favor. But honestly I'm not sure winning a war is possible anymore. There maybe ground gained and a temporary illusion of victory, but this fades away and back to conflict. This is partly due to human rights and partly to do with global communications. You just can't snuff something out anymore
ďOn your own batĒ

Not with the help of or helping out joint efforts

It was actually just 1, against poorly armed hill farmers on the Caribbean island of Grenada

With a track record like that I find it highly amusing how the US picks in the far superior war record of France.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#121800 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
you are right.
It is just because of British, French and American propaganda that the world is thinking that only hitler was a crook. Napoleon invaded my land for no reasons. Fortunately we destroyed him.
Hitler invaded other lands for the SAME no reasons or even WORSE ("Lebensraum") and, as an extra bonus, also started to murder all the Jews living there. His plan was to displace the whole Slav populations of eastern Europe beyond the Ural. His people, your "great Germans", were enthusiastically implementing and executing neatly the plans he sketched in his "Mein Kampf", stretching out their right arms, shouting with feral eyes "Sieg Heil".

"Wir haben es nicht gewusst" was an astonishing and stupendous awareness. Everybody in the rest of the world knew what was going on. Except the poor German people itself. How likely.

Fortunately we destroyed Nazi Germany.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#121801 Sep 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the war in the Pacific and in Iraq the Americans didn't fight alone. Also British and Australians were involved in the Pacifique, in the Iraq war Poland as well.
I think the question was about which wars the US won off its own last 100 years.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#121802 Sep 5, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear that. I wasn't aiming at you and wanted to make that clear. It did raise a question though. I have assumed you are a male, no doubt from my own bias. Your response gave the impression that my chauvinism is showing. If so, my apologies.
Looking for that particular body part seems part of the male condition.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121803 Sep 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both the war in the Pacific and in Iraq the Americans didn't fight alone. Also British and Australians were involved in the Pacifique, in the Iraq war Poland as well.
True enough.
TurkanaBoy wrote:
I think the question was about which wars the US won off its own last 100 years.
You could also question who would have won which war without the manufacturing abilities of the US.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121804 Sep 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The terms "worse" and "better" are subjective. Complexity MIGHT be evidence of design or it might not. It's your job to back it up.
Saying complexity is a function of intelligence is no different than you saying complexity is a natural result over time. You haven't backed that up yet. Additionally you reject my evidence (the evidence of faith and our scriptures). So in essence what you are doing is saying I have to scientifically prove my position when my position is spiritual. That would be like me asking you to support your position spiritually when your position is scientific. Since you won't accept the spiritual position there is nothing left but for me to challenge the scientific position.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121805 Sep 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler invaded other lands for the SAME no reasons or even WORSE ("Lebensraum") and, as an extra bonus, also started to murder all the Jews living there. His plan was to displace the whole Slav populations of eastern Europe beyond the Ural. His people, your "great Germans", were enthusiastically implementing and executing neatly the plans he sketched in his "Mein Kampf", stretching out their right arms, shouting with feral eyes "Sieg Heil".
"Wir haben es nicht gewusst" was an astonishing and stupendous awareness. Everybody in the rest of the world knew what was going on. Except the poor German people itself. How likely.
They knew, to them it was a step in natural selection?
The Dude

UK

#121806 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you stupid?
The Golf IS a great car !!!
The best cars in the world are German cars. Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche ...
And who can forget good old Herbie? Those dammed yanks stole him too!

>:-(
The Dude

Woodford Green, UK

#121807 Sep 5, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying complexity is a function of intelligence is no different than you saying complexity is a natural result over time. You haven't backed that up yet. Additionally you reject my evidence (the evidence of faith and our scriptures). So in essence what you are doing is saying I have to scientifically prove my position when my position is spiritual. That would be like me asking you to support your position spiritually when your position is scientific. Since you won't accept the spiritual position there is nothing left but for me to challenge the scientific position.
Take a zygote then watch it develop into a human. Complexity as a natural result over time. My claims have evidence that passes the scientific method. Yours do not. And you are incapable of refuting us.

Game. Set. Match.

And that was before you even showed up.
The Dude

Woodford Green, UK

#121808 Sep 5, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
They knew, to them it was a step in natural selection?
Nah, Nazis engaged in eugenics which kinda flies right in the face of natural selection. Even if they took over the world they were doomed to failure.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121809 Sep 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record disagrees with you. We are not limited by six thousand years.
And yes, I can see your frustration with dealing with this.
If nothing we could actually observe hasn't been recorded in 6000 years then I doubt that it has happened or will happen.
You lean to a fossil record which does not prove one animal descended from another and disregard the millions of observed generations without change.
I don't expect to change your mind but possibly someone will read these posts and see you not EVER giving any data that can be verified.
Additionally observation is telling us there are no new creatures. If we have had no change in kind in observed bacteria in over 135 million generations, assuming that tomorrow something happened in a culture where we could say that a new kind has occurred, then how long would it take to get a new hominid? 135 million generations at 24 years a generation? This puts us back before the Cambrian era. Further extrapolation leads us to conclude that life cannot have formed in 15 billion years. There is not enough time.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121810 Sep 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a zygote then watch it develop into a human. Complexity as a natural result over time. My claims have evidence that passes the scientific method. Yours do not. And you are incapable of refuting us.
Game. Set. Match.
And that was before you even showed up.
The DNA is no more complex.
You have double faulted.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121811 Sep 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's because it's a non-falsifiable concept. Which is why it can't make any useful scientific predictions. Which is why it's not science.
Then I can count on you finally realizing this and you will stop the nonsense of asking for a scientific answer to a non-scientific explanation?
wondering

Morris, OK

#121812 Sep 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly did it not go along with what I said? Explain or admit you're misrepresenting the research you linked to. Show the words of the scientists who agree that the data is inconsistent with common ancestry, or that they are so flummoxed that they don't know how to explain it. Or admit you're misrepresenting their position.
then ask yourself why are you throwing a fit and jumping on me like evolutions guard dog?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#121813 Sep 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse Nazis with Germans. These are two totally different things.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121814 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
you are right.
No, Napoleon ran roughshod over your country. It was the Russians that destroyed Napoleon. And the British that finished him off. Germany put up about as much resistance then as France did in WWII.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 min Humor 13,168
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 43 min Crazy Jae 871
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 44 min wichita-rick 2,557
Word Association (Mar '10) 45 min Crazy Jae 22,570
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 46 min Crazy Jae 49,896
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 48 min Crazy Jae 3,674
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 49 min Crazy Jae 39,819
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 223,333
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 hr Liza 15,560