Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204947 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#121559 Sep 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I suppose so.
No offense. It was just hard to resist.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#121560 Sep 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Since English is a West Germanic language, you know who to blame.
English is the least Germanic language of all Germanic languages. English is the bastard of German that has married into the family of the romance languages. Middle English is still ok but the English from today is just ridiculous.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#121561 Sep 2, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
But we invented BMW so we can decide how to pronounce it.
I know that you pronounce Jaguar in a wrong way as well because you can't pronounce a 'J'. You always say Dsch instead of J.
Yeah, if recall correctly, BMW ended up making cars because once again, Germany lost a war and had to do what they were told.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#121562 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't be ridiculous. How could a child knows physic stuff or does a child know how to calculate a differential equation. Even Germans are already 14 years old at least when they are able to do this.
You are 14 years old and still in kindergarten? No wonder you are angry all the time.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121563 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
English is the least Germanic language of all Germanic languages. English is the bastard of German that has married into the family of the romance languages. Middle English is still ok but the English from today is just ridiculous.
Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure.

You bore me now.

You can go back to reading your copy of "101 Ways to Kiss Ass in American English"

Level 7

Location hidden

#121564 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Well, droppen sie dead!

Location hidden

#121565 Sep 2, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure.
You bore me now.
You can go back to reading your copy of "101 Ways to Kiss Ass in American English"
And you should read your book "How can I be a decent human despite of being an American?".

Location hidden

#121566 Sep 2, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sprechen sie Deutsch?
Well, droppen sie dead!
besser als du und du rallst das siezen nicht wie jeder ami.

I didn't understand the second sentence.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121567 Sep 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes wondering; The word you may be looking for is greed. I am a Bible believing Creationists and I think this world has evil and good. Our Creator knew good and evil in the beginning even before mankind was made, because of the fallen angels. The words of our Creator concerning the tree of life in Genesis give us insight into why mankind is the way we are. Man has become as the angels and God in a sense to know good and evil. There is only one way to the tree of eternal life and that is through and by the good shepherd Jesus Christ who has gone to prepare a place that is much better than this sin filled world. We inherit evil and death from Adam and his woman and we choose each day who we will serve. I know some guys on this thread don't want to hear this and call it preaching, but the truth should be told.
it has nothing to do with your creator. if at one time he was the only thing that existed, then there was no evil unless he created evil like you think he did everything else. then you have to wonder why would he create evil?

man has evolved to become evil and careless. the more he has, the more he wants. we in the usa throw out/waste enough food to feed two starving countries. you have to ask yourself why does your god allow so much that it can be wasted for some and so little along with suffering for others. according to you everyone is gods children. would you let your children die and suffer starvation if you could prevent such a fate?

your god is a good fiction story to try to promote morals but even then by the rape and murder your bible promotes it fails badly.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#121568 Sep 2, 2014
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence of your contention?
I made no contentions, I asked questions!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121569 Sep 2, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're lying again. You HAVE made contentions (affirming both your pro-Biblical fundie AND anti-science views). Your questions are flawed and betray your total ignorance of the subjects in question. They are also evasive, designed to imply a degree of doubt that's not rational, and avoid addressing the flaws in your own position. Which you do constantly.

In short if you wished to inform the world that you're a willfully ignorant and transparently dishonest fundie liar for Jesus you have succeeded greatly.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#121570 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
But we invented BMW so we can decide how to pronounce it.
I know that you pronounce Jaguar in a wrong way as well because you can't pronounce a 'J'. You always say Dsch instead of J.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#121571 Sep 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
it has nothing to do with your creator. if at one time he was the only thing that existed, then there was no evil unless he created evil like you think he did everything else. then you have to wonder why would he create evil?
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Isiah 45:7

Location hidden

#121572 Sep 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =blMlKOHzc_0XX
It is not difficult to pronounce and it sounds stupid. Actually there is only one English word I can't pronounce and it is 'rural'. It is such a stupid word.
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#121573 Sep 2, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
man has evolved to become evil and careless. the more he has, the more he wants. we in the usa throw out/waste enough food to feed two starving countries. you have to ask yourself why does your god allow so much that it can be wasted for some and so little along with suffering for others. according to you everyone is gods children. would you let your children die and suffer starvation if you could prevent such a fate?
your god is a good fiction story to try to promote morals but even then by the rape and murder your bible promotes it fails badly.
It is mans inhumanity and carelessness that causes most of the problems. The God of the Bible is a gracious being. Evil has become the God of this world and many people serve the spirit of sin which is in the world. God gives everyone free will and he does allow every body to be tempted to do sin's , however, it is a matter of choice to do wrong or to believe God and follow Jesus. Yes, God created Satan, but nowhere does the scriptures indicate that he wanted the disobedience and sin. I think It just happened and it will be dealt with according to scripture. The scriptures indicate there was a beginning and God saw that everything that he had made was very good. God did not want the bad to happen as far as I can see.

Level 7

Location hidden

#121574 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
besser als du und du rallst das siezen nicht wie jeder ami.
I didn't understand the second sentence.
The second sentence is a line from the movie, "Stalag 17". It is self-explanatory.

As for your first sentence, there is an old German saying:
"Yo momma wears boxer shorts."
Krypteia

London, UK

#121575 Sep 2, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The second sentence is a line from the movie, "Stalag 17". It is self-explanatory.
lol

Location hidden

#121576 Sep 2, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The second sentence is a line from the movie, "Stalag 17". It is self-explanatory.
You are a liar. I am German and I don't know this saying.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#121577 Sep 2, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie, and you know it. All the 'questions' do is reveal both your ignorance of the subject at hand. From your comments and the handle you've picked also show you are much more interested in supporting your religious beliefs than actually learning something. So, back to my question, are you going to provide any evidence to support your contentions, the ones you make and then deny making them?

Level 7

Location hidden

#121578 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
You are a liar. I am German and I don't know this saying.
Funny! I suspected you were putting us on all along!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,851
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Jennifer Renee 19,803
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 16 min SweLL GirL 8,343
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 22 min Parden Pard 44,646
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 26 min Hoosier Hillbilly 35,223
A six word game (Dec '08) 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 19,668
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 36 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,348
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 52 min Northbound 197,540
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 hr I KNOW WHY 33,219
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 11 hr Melt down 8,832
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 hr 8541 MARINE 59,796
More from around the web