Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#121286 Aug 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes... google... who do you think you are talking to here you condescending excuse for a godbot? The chances are pretty high that I am far more au fait with the history of the babble than you are ever willing to be because the history contradicts your faith.
So forget Psalms and Mathew, you are saying the book of mark is a first hand account? Or is it compiled from various stories, folk tales etc compiled 35 to 40 years after the presumed death of jesus. Then edited and selectively compiled by committee into the NT some 300+ years after jesus death? After which the book was edited and changed and translated with the errors that includes and even deliberately bastardised for a further 1300 years. After which one King James said something along the lines of ‘enough is enough, there are too many different versions of the good book(s) and our religion is fragmented so I will make a new definitive babble. I will convene a committee to recompile the babble, not from original works you understand, but from six or seven of the most popular babbles of my reign’. And since then there have been over 200 different English language versions of the babble created, most are subtly different (some not so subtly) and who knows how many in other languages, so giving rise to over 48,000 different cults of christianity each claiming the interpretation they put on the particular version of the babble they choose to follow is the correct interpretation.
So which babble are you using to make your statement?
And was "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” originally spoken in Greek or Aramaic? Surely jesus spoke Aramaic which would have been written "Eliy ‘Eliy lamah `azab’taniy?" but no... the texts tell it as spoken in Greek, hence the reason the local Jews could not understand.
That of course gives credence the story that jesus father was one Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera, a Roman soldier of Greek decent and jesus was saying in Greek father, father why have you forsaken me”...
It also goes towered validating the Tanakh name for jesus as being Yesua ben Pantera
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is an undeniable fact of history:.....

That was the opinion of Dr. Simon Geenleaf, the greatest authority on legal evidence in the 19th century. He was the famous Royal Professor of law at Harvard and was directly responsible for Harvards rise to eminence. He wrote ,..."An examination of the testimony of the four evangelists by the rules of evidence administered in the court of justice"

1.the empty tomb has never been refuted, bribes were offered to say the body was stolen.
2.appearances, he appeared to more than 500 people at a single time, and many others.
3. The transformation, his disciples were best described as cowards, after the resurrection they were into transformed into lions. Speaking truth to power and being slain for it.Why? they had seen a man killed who rose from the dead. As Dr. Greenleaf said,." While it is conceivable that some might die for what they believed to be the truth, it is inconceivable that so many would die for what they knew to be a lie",..there was no possible motive to fabricate it.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#121287 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and that alone shows the savvy of some here. it is not like there isn't a line there separating the posts whether the reply button is on top or bottom. it shows how many are so depended on routine and a little change messes them up.
You are doing everything in your life but by routine then?
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#121288 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lets put it simple just for you. is yesterday history? is 10 years ago history. is a fossil of 50,000 years ago history? the word does not need an explanation does it? history is simply the past.
Now let me put it very simple, also specially for you.
You are not addressing what I said.
Of course everything that happened in the past you may call history.
That's the colloquial way.
Now the scientific one please.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#121289 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yep as your dumb ass did reply to the wrong one about 5 post ago. LMAO
Of WOW!!!!!
The superior button hitter just established the pecking order pertaining button hitting.
Only notorious quarrellers need to beef about his and others ability to hit the right button.
Little things please little minds.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121290 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe from nothing!....Ha,Ha,Ha,.. here is the Topix scientist
ya gotta love it!
And yet we can show how it happens in the laboratory. We can demonstrate matter creating itself. We can demonstrate parity nonconservation. It can be shown that the total energy of the universe is zero.

In other words it can be shown that a universe from nothing violates no known physical laws.

What evidence do you have for your beliefs?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121291 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the opinion of Dr. Simon Geenleaf, the greatest authority on legal evidence in the 19th century. He was the famous Royal Professor of law at Harvard and was directly responsible for Harvards rise to eminence. He wrote ,..."An examination of the testimony of the four evangelists by the rules of evidence administered in the court of justice"
1.the empty tomb has never been refuted, bribes were offered to say the body was stolen.
This is not a very strong comment at all. All religions had zealots that could not be swayed. Greenleaf, please note correct spelling, had his own problems when his personal religious beliefs were involved.
2.appearances, he appeared to more than 500 people at a single time, and many others.
Really? You have a valid independent source that says this? No, you know that you don't. You only have the Bible There are zero, nada, not one, bupkis, contemporary independent writings about Jesus. Josephus, perhaps the earliest independent writer of him did not do so until after more than a generation after his death.
3. The transformation, his disciples were best described as cowards, after the resurrection they were into transformed into lions. Speaking truth to power and being slain for it.Why? they had seen a man killed who rose from the dead. As Dr. Greenleaf said,." While it is conceivable that some might die for what they believed to be the truth, it is inconceivable that so many would die for what they knew to be a lie",..there was no possible motive to fabricate it.
This only shows that Greenleaf was a poor judge of character when it comes to religion. Plus there are no nonbiblical sources on the deaths of the various apostles. You are trying to use a book that's veracity is being doubted as a source. That is circular reasoning.
Now certain Biblical stories can be debunked. For example the nativity story can be shown to be made up to "fulfill prophesy". Fanatics will lie to support their beliefs. Sadly for them their lies can usually be found out.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#121292 Aug 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes... google... who do you think you are talking to here you condescending excuse for a godbot? The chances are pretty high that I am far more au fait with the history of the babble than you are ever willing to be because the history contradicts your faith.
So forget Psalms and Mathew, you are saying the book of mark is a first hand account? Or is it compiled from various stories, folk tales etc compiled 35 to 40 years after the presumed death of jesus. Then edited and selectively compiled by committee into the NT some 300+ years after jesus death? After which the book was edited and changed and translated with the errors that includes and even deliberately bastardised for a further 1300 years. After which one King James said something along the lines of ‘enough is enough, there are too many different versions of the good book(s) and our religion is fragmented so I will make a new definitive babble. I will convene a committee to recompile the babble, not from original works you understand, but from six or seven of the most popular babbles of my reign’. And since then there have been over 200 different English language versions of the babble created, most are subtly different (some not so subtly) and who knows how many in other languages, so giving rise to over 48,000 different cults of christianity each claiming the interpretation they put on the particular version of the babble they choose to follow is the correct interpretation.
And was "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” originally spoken in Greek or Aramaic? Surely jesus spoke Aramaic which would have been written "Eliy ‘Eliy lamah `azab’taniy?" but no... the texts tell it as spoken in Greek, hence the reason the local Jews could not understand.
That of course gives credence the story that jesus father was one Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera, a Roman soldier of Greek decent and jesus was saying in Greek father, father why have you forsaken me”...
It also goes towered validating the Tanakh name for jesus as being Yesua ben Pantera

.....30Aug14.....Funny thing, that. You remain fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Ps:....Lost any weight lately...!!!

Tuco Blondie

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#121293 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It is opinion based on nothing but one book with no validation, no peer review and written more years before any archaeological investigation of the area.

The opinion on one godbot with a vested interest in selling his book, the motive was profit.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121294 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for ranting on trying so hard to out do me or someone and trying so hard to prove a point that does not exists..
you need to read this for this is you to a TEEE!!!
Inferiority Complex Symptoms
1) Demeaning Others: Those with an inferiority complex feel the constant need to prove themselves better than others to boost their self-esteem. When they fail, they tend to belittle others' efforts so that they can feel better about themselves. In such cases, instead of being socially withdrawn, they may be outspoken to an extent that is rude.
2) Blaming the Universe: Any failure on part of such persons is directly blamed on external factors such as poor luck, bad company, someone else or just their environment in general. They are never able to accept that the failure may have occurred due to a mistake on their part. The whole universe is responsible for their misery and their failure.
3) Sour Grapes: One of the most prominent symptom is the 'sour grapes' attitude. For instance, they may not have been able to perform a certain task at work properly, and if a colleague did it successfully, they would attribute the success to external factors such as help from someone else, or just plain luck. They will never attribute the colleague's success to personal capabilities or merit. This symptom is a way of compensating for the truth, that the colleague may indeed be better at a particular task than them.
4) Extreme Sensitivity: Persons who have an inferiority complex exhibit extreme sensitivity to compliments and criticism. If it is a compliment, they question its genuineness, and if it is criticism, they go on the defense immediately. They do not respond to light humor too well. Also, even if you happen to make a passing comment, they may take it personally.
5) Seeking Attention: Those suffering from an inferiority complex are most likely to be exhibiting attention-seeking behavior around others. For instance, they may be found fishing for compliments from others. However, sometimes, in spite of fishing for compliments, they may not accept them and believe that the person giving them is doing so just because he was asked to. They also tend to resort to other attention-seeking tactics such as aggression and name calling.
6) Fear of Making Mistakes: Such persons also rarely or never admit wrongs, simply because they have a deep fear that making mistakes makes them look bad or foolish to others.
7) Ones who suffer from this problem will resort to any or more than one of the above when confronted with it trying to stay above the accuser by ignoring what is being shown or told to them because of course it is not them, it is everyone else.
yep that describes you perfectly. seek help cupcake.
Sorry, but I cannot help but to laugh at you when you published your list. Yes, I did go off on you a bit tonight but all of those, every single one, apply more to you than to me.

In fact part of the reason that I do go off on you is that you do the same to me in return and then deny it. That is half of the fun of pointing out your many many failures.

See you tomorrow "cupcake". You could not help but name call yourself at the end.

Location hidden

#121295 Aug 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

.....30Aug14.....There are many, many males named Jesus in the Middle East. They
go by their Arabic name ' ISSA'.

...and that's a fact.

Tuco Blondie
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#121296 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Transparent trap? you put yourselves into the trap ,not me! Either the universe and life was created,.....or the universe created itself and then created life. This is not a strawman! it's the reality of your position!,and when faced with that reality, you play word games, you dodge, duck, and blame the questioner for having to avoid the answer.
...you lack the courage of your convictions
Of course it's a straw-man. That's why you never address what we say. You always avoid it.

See, this is a DEBATE forum, Bo. We COULD be wrong. So if we're getting our concepts wrong then you need to SHOW it, by addressing the CONTENT of our posts instead of just saying something else and saying THAT'S wrong. Address our claims. Don't address what we don't claim.

Then while you're at it address the flaws of your own position. Something ELSE for which you lack the courage of your convictions.

Location hidden

#121297 Aug 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Out selling the babble?
The babble does not even come in the top 100 best sellers.
Had you said “But when it comes to giving away more copies than The Bible” you would have perhaps been speaking truth.

.....30Aug14.....The book that has had the most copies printed is the Bible.

Ps:....The Quoran is getting there and so is Harry Potter.

Tuco Blondie
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#121298 Aug 29, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
before first life there was nothing but chemicals. are you suggesting chemicals gave life information?
Yes, and chemicals (and their reactions) ARE information.

So what information are you referring to?

Level 6

#121299 Aug 29, 2014
Tuco Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>.....
.....30Aug14.....Funny thing, that. You remain fulla schidt to the eyeballs.
Ps:....Lost any weight lately...!!!
Tuco Blondie
Nope gained a couple of pounds over the summer, 132 now., just about right for a tall, slim and elegant female.

How’s about you, are you still 320 pounds of quivering, obese flab?

Level 6

#121300 Aug 29, 2014
Tuco Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>.....
.....30Aug14.....There are many, many males named Jesus in the Middle East. They
go by their Arabic name ' ISSA'.
...and that's a fact.
Tuco Blondie
Not in the Tanakh there aren’t and that’s what I was talking about the Tanakh, the only validation of the OT, funny how that bit seems to have been omitted from the plagiarism

Level 6

#121301 Aug 29, 2014
Tuco Blondie wrote:
<quoted text>.....
.....30Aug14.....The book that has had the most copies printed is the Bible.
Ps:....The Quoran is getting there and so is Harry Potter.
Tuco Blondie
Yes, that is true but still Harry potter outsells the babble
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#121302 Aug 29, 2014
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then your religion has more to do with eating pigs than it does worshiping the God of Abraham.
Gotta have priorities!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121303 Aug 29, 2014
bohart, you do realize that even the New Testament has obvious failings in it, don't you?

Let's take the claim of Luke that Joseph had to take Mary to his place of birth to register for a Roman Census. There are loads of problems with this claim. One is that censuses do not care where you are born, they tend to care where you live now. If they are doing this for tax reasons they would want to know your current residence, not your former. A census of that sort is not possible today let alone in the distant path. We did not sens all illegal aliens outside of the U.S. in the last census. In fact residence, legal or not, had no bearing in the census. You were counted period.

Second. there is no record of a census from that time period. The closest was the Census of Quiriness which happened at least 10 years after the birth of Jesus. It was in the years 6-7 CE and the latest birth of Jesus that goes with the nativity story would have been 4 BCE since that was the year that Herod died. I don't think that Joseph would have taken a dangerous trek with a pregnant wife for a census ten years in the future.

There are many other problems too but let's start with that one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#121304 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
No God did not make himself, yes he created all life
The creator exists outside the known universe, since whatever caused the universe existed before the universe was created. Follow that logic? God is the eternal first cause, he invented time so therefore is not bound by it.
Possible. Have any evidence?
bohart wrote:
Chemical reactions led to life? Believe what you want, science states , without exception that life only comes from existing life. So to believe that life sprang into existence is unscientific, it would be a miracle, based on the evidence
Except everyone knows you're lying. Since science states, without exception, that life is chemistry. It also states that there's no evidence of life prior to 3.8 billion years ago, or that it's even possible. And that it likely isn't prior to 13.71 billion years ago since there was no universe then.
bohart wrote:
Abiogenesis and the uncaused universe are theories that the evolutionists have to believe in ,because the alternative is unthinkable.
Since the theory of evolution does not rely on either abiogenesis or the Big Bang, the theory still stands. The validity of abio or BB are irrelevant to it.

Now, since life is chemistry then is God made of chemicals? If so then how does He avoid the onset of entropy? If God is NOT made of chemicals then how can you claim God is alive? If God is in heaven and you have to be dead to get there then how can God be alive? If life only comes from existing life then why is God exempt from that rule? If you allow this exemption then how do you justify the rule in the first place? Are you following this logic? No, of course not.

Because you're a dishonest hypocrite. That's why.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#121305 Aug 29, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
as Wolf said,..go away
Or else what? You'll get refuted by me and everyone else some more? It's not like that'll ever change.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I screamed like a ....... 1 min greymouser 4
The website match.com is a rip off for men! 3 min Prince John 1
News Jury questions posed during Bill Cosby's sex as... 8 min Just Sayin 20
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Princess Hey 218,926
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 45 min Parden Pard 47,050
News O.J. Simpson up for parole nine years into sent... 48 min Parden Pard 55
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 52 min SweLL GirL 33,181
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Funny stuff 22,925
What Turns You Off? 1 hr RACY_MEAN_DISAGREE 638
News Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on T... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 25