Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 159,155
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#120310 Aug 17, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
1. the young oceans certainly at some spots had thousands of organic compounds mixed up and driven by solar or geothermal energy, implying that every single second, tons of biochemicals were constantly reacting. And the compounds this yielded, were also constantly reacting with other compounds. As observed in underwater fumaroles for instance, where a constant inorganically and organically chemical process is going on. Tons maybe millions of tons of biochemical material, constantly reacting, processing and compounding, accumulating to an ever growing biochemical mass, extending over hundreds of millions of years.
If you count every reaction of any given mix of chemicals to be one trial, there were quadrillions times quintillions times septillions trials. Does this satisfy your requirements?
2. we don't need to recreate a living organism in a lab by having chemicals. Because we neither need to recreate atoms to understand atom theory. Neither do we need to rebuild complete stars to understand the basic processes in stars. We neither need to recreate the human body to understand how it works and to apply this validly in medicine.
Abiogenesis does not even try to recreate life in a test tube. It tries to reconstruct the pathway form abiotic conditions through biochemical processes to the first life. And it is VERY PROMISING and much more advanced than you probably would fancy: www.mcb.ucdavis.edu/faculty-labs/scholey/jour...
Awesome article! As for No.2. They ARE going to re-create artificial reproducing life forms.
Look at all the pretty geometric shapes in the RNA molecule.
Life just itchin' to form out of electrically charged atoms and geometric shapes just almost pulling to close the spaces between them, yet standing at tension to constantly force those shapes into continuance and into evermore complex shapes to give rise to every living and non-living chemical process, cycle, rhythm and form in the observable universe.
It's all just so elegant. So suspiciously elegant I will brazenly profess my support of the idea that there's no reason why all this can't be ALIVE or conscious somehow in a sense humans are unable to express in a consistent way. Don't worry about it, it's the intent that counts.
There is a curious lack of orderly geometry associated with human hate, anger and violence.
Animal violence and predation actually follows natural scalar geometry as does biological evolution.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120311 Aug 17, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome article! As for No.2. They ARE going to re-create artificial reproducing life forms.
Look at all the pretty geometric shapes in the RNA molecule.
Life just itchin' to form out of electrically charged atoms and geometric shapes just almost pulling to close the spaces between them, yet standing at tension to constantly force those shapes into continuance and into evermore complex shapes to give rise to every living and non-living chemical process, cycle, rhythm and form in the observable universe.
It's all just so elegant. So suspiciously elegant I will brazenly profess my support of the idea that there's no reason why all this can't be ALIVE or conscious somehow in a sense humans are unable to express in a consistent way. Don't worry about it, it's the intent that counts.
There is a curious lack of orderly geometry associated with human hate, anger and violence.
Animal violence and predation actually follows natural scalar geometry as does biological evolution.
Take another hit why don't ya.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#120312 Aug 17, 2014
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Take another hit why don't ya.
Since you appeared on this thread you've done nothing but be a lousy comic and an outright TROLL!
YOUR behavior is
TROLL behavior.
Wize UP! or
GTFOut!
wondering

Sunset, TX

#120313 Aug 18, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
on a different note. I think you will like this. pretty cool.

Crazy Circle Illusion!

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#120314 Aug 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that life originated on earth and not anywhere else?
I am not even sure that you originated on earth.

Hey I was reading some of your old posts under the various names you have used on here in the past. A rose by any other name is just as nuts.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120315 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Demonstrate or give evidence for that claim.
Scientifically, just how many times have you gotten chemicals "mixed in the right way" such that life results?
Are you able to create a living organism in a lab by having chemicals "mixed in the right way"?
Meth is a hell of a drug isn't it. I believe you have had severe issues with getting chemicals mixed in the right way.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120316 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually no, i dont.
Will you tell me?
Really, would it do any good. No.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120317 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
There is no need to distinguish between what and why....
Because the most accurate and honest answer to the question of "why" is a description of what happened and/or what was involved...
The cause is the reason and the reason is the cause.
Blattey blah, blattey blah, bladity blah.

Hog is the Hog and the Hog of the Hog. Makes about as much sense as anything you post.

That'll do pig.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120318 Aug 18, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We have the answers in the Bible. In the very beginning the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. Water and how it is created by hydrogen bonds is an attraction that is a process just as to that in organic molecules like DNA and protein. This is the basics.
I really hold out hope that one day you will find a clue.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120319 Aug 18, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We have the answers in the Bible. In the very beginning the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. Water and how it is created by hydrogen bonds is an attraction that is a process just as to that in organic molecules like DNA and protein. This is the basics.
What exactly is a hydrogen bond and what is the significance of it with regards to water?

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#120320 Aug 18, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I said the answers are in the Bible. I did not say we have been given all the details. Today we can reason these things out with modern means. Interpretation was limited in the past as far as the science was concerned, but confirmation is slowly coming that the Bible is true.The mentioning of circuits and patterns is of pertinence.
What confirmation exactly? Do you mean the obvious evidence that Genesis was cobbled together from multiple previous sources? That confirmation? Or that pi is equal to 3. That confirmation? Or that the Bible considers that the earth is flat and the universe orbits around it? That confirmation? How about this circuits, cycles, patterns and scams nonsense that you are always going on about? That confirmation?

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#120321 Aug 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am not even sure that you originated on earth.
Hey I was reading some of your old posts under the various names you have used on here in the past. A rose by any other name is just as nuts.
Technical question: how can you look back into the posting history, I tried the search function of Topix but it's not much that name worth.

Thanx!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#120322 Aug 18, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Why can you not accept that all life was created by God?
Because there is absolutely no evidence of such a being. Nor is there any evidence that such a creation by any being is possible.
The evidence is clear that life today is just a reproduction.
Close, but not quite. Life is partially reproduction. it is not *a* reproduction.
Actually the thing that brings about life as it is today in its basic element is an acid. There are specific processes that comprise life through certain acids and sequences correspond to reproduction and are units of inheritance. These acids are set into spiral systems which control pattern formation and they themselves are stretches of patterns that code in all living things. Orderly formation and orderly outcomes of self-organization are cyclical regularities from which agreement in dimensions are beautiful.and harmonious with proportion and balance. This kind of order did not create itself, it is an intelligent set up. This is not just random chemical reactions.
Nobody said it was *random* chemical reactions. The laws of chemistry are not random! The interaction of DNA with RNA and then of RNA with amino acids is not random. Each and every reaction follows the same laws of chemistry as everything else in the universe.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#120323 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
You know in the field of medicine there is a saying that goes like this:
"The more remedies there are for an illness, the less likely it is that any one of them works".
And the logic profound...
If there was a single accurate, reliable method; there would not be so many methods.
You wouldn't use the same medical techniques to treat a small scratch and a penetrating cut. Neither would you use the same dating techniques for something organic and 20,000 years old and something else that is igneous and 300 million years old. The difference in scale means they are different illnesses.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#120324 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you know that life originated on earth and not anywhere else?
No, we do not.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#120325 Aug 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Demonstrate or give evidence for that claim.
Scientifically, just how many times have you gotten chemicals "mixed in the right way" such that life results?
Are you able to create a living organism in a lab by having chemicals "mixed in the right way"?
No, we have not figured out how to organize the chemicals in the right way.

But, we *are* collections of chemicals mixed in the right way. We are, as is all life, a complex collection of chemical reactions.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#120326 Aug 18, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
We DO judge. You;re a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.
<quoted text>
An animal can think without functioning or behaving like a human being.
And elephants are probably more loving and moral than many of us.
http://www.iptv.org/series.cfm/23934/my_wild_...
Are you seriously suggesting an elephant is as intelligent as a man? What evidence do you have an elephant thinks like a human? How do you compare the difference in cranial size to intelligence which is what my post is asserting, that cranial size and intelligence are not connected. If it were we would be less intelligent than Neanderthals.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#120327 Aug 18, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have not figured out how to organize the chemicals in the right way.
But, we *are* collections of chemicals mixed in the right way. We are, as is all life, a complex collection of chemical reactions.
This is why I don't believe in abiogenesis. Even with intelligent design (human effort) we have not been able to accomplish this in over 50 years, while by chance it is supposed to have happened. What are the odds of the right mix coming along? Isn't the statistical probability so low, that theories have been developed to postulate life being planted on the earth from space?
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#120328 Aug 18, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't use the same medical techniques to treat a small scratch and a penetrating cut. Neither would you use the same dating techniques for something organic and 20,000 years old and something else that is igneous and 300 million years old. The difference in scale means they are different illnesses.
Yet when a technique was used in error (C14 dating of dinosaur remains) it wasn't believed. I think that multiple tests should be done to confirm, either the correct dating or that one or more of the methods is faulty.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#120329 Aug 18, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is absolutely no evidence of such a being. Nor is there any evidence that such a creation by any being is possible.
<quoted text>
Close, but not quite. Life is partially reproduction. it is not *a* reproduction.
<quoted text>
Nobody said it was *random* chemical reactions. The laws of chemistry are not random! The interaction of DNA with RNA and then of RNA with amino acids is not random. Each and every reaction follows the same laws of chemistry as everything else in the universe.
What is random is the environment required for the chamical reactions to take place to form the needed components for life. What are the chances of this happening?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 11 min Mega Monster 27,260
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 49 min kikfreshoutthesho... 229
News Doctor: Cabbage can cure erectile dysfunction (Jun '09) 56 min Quoery 302
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min SLY WEST 161,010
Word Association (Mar '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 16,942
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 2 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 2,818
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 2 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 39,541
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 3 hr Rose of Tralee 1,400
motorcycle traveling stories 4 hr NinaRocks 243
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs 5 hr Sullytube 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Wolftracks 40,126
More from around the web