Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 187377 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bowling Green, KY

#120284 Aug 17, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Random" is NOT the position of Polymath.
Why can't you just accept that all life was the result of early biochemistry of a young earth?
I shall pay you in your own coin:
"The evidence is clear that life today is just a reproduction. Actually the thing that brings about life as it is today in its basic element is an acid. There are specific processes that comprise life through certain acids and sequences correspond to reproduction and are units of inheritance. These acids are set into spiral systems which control pattern formation and they themselves are stretches of patterns that code in all living things. Orderly formation and orderly outcomes of self-organization are cyclical, biochemical regularities from which agreement in dimensions are beautiful.and harmonious with proportion and balance. This is always the case with thermodynamic open systems that settle into a state of dynamic equilibrium, which is also found in inorganic processes abundantly as well. This kind of order did self-generate. This is not just random chemical reactions. It is the non-random result of biochemistry within the physical and chemical conditions on earth."
When we use the word "spontaneously" we use it as a cognate of "not-intentionally caused".
Very good comprehensive reply! Intention is evident in the design.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120285 Aug 17, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Very good comprehensive reply! Intention is evident in the design.
Are you talking to yourself?

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#120286 Aug 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists do NOT use C14 to date 'fossils'. They instead use one of the 40 other different methods of radiometric dating techniques.
You know in the field of medicine there is a saying that goes like this:

"The more remedies there are for an illness, the less likely it is that any one of them works".

And the logic profound...

If there was a single accurate, reliable method; there would not be so many methods.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120287 Aug 17, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Random" is NOT the position of Polymath.
Why can't you just accept that all life was the result of early biochemistry of a young earth?
I shall pay you in your own coin:
"The evidence is clear that life today is just a reproduction. Actually the thing that brings about life as it is today in its basic element is an acid. There are specific processes that comprise life through certain acids and sequences correspond to reproduction and are units of inheritance. These acids are set into spiral systems which control pattern formation and they themselves are stretches of patterns that code in all living things. Orderly formation and orderly outcomes of self-organization are cyclical, biochemical regularities from which agreement in dimensions are beautiful.and harmonious with proportion and balance. This is always the case with thermodynamic open systems that settle into a state of dynamic equilibrium, which is also found in inorganic processes abundantly as well. This kind of order did self-generate. This is not just random chemical reactions. It is the non-random result of biochemistry within the physical and chemical conditions on earth."
When we use the word "spontaneously" we use it as a cognate of "not-intentionally caused".
Ditto, by Ever ready.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120288 Aug 17, 2014
I mean free servant. I get the names confused.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120289 Aug 17, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Very good comprehensive reply! Intention is evident in the design.
Did you ever eat battery acid ?

Location hidden

#120290 Aug 17, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
... Why can't you just accept that all life was the result of early biochemistry of a young earth?
Do you know that life originated on earth and not anywhere else?
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120291 Aug 17, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
"The more remedies there are for an illness, the less likely it is that any one of them works".
If there was a single accurate, reliable method; there would not be so many methods.
I have a remedy, when in doubt, well, u know.

Location hidden

#120292 Aug 17, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
...The chemicals coming together, getting mixed in the right way *is* the cause of life.
Demonstrate or give evidence for that claim.

Scientifically, just how many times have you gotten chemicals "mixed in the right way" such that life results?

Are you able to create a living organism in a lab by having chemicals "mixed in the right way"?

Location hidden

#120293 Aug 17, 2014
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a remedy, when in doubt, well, u know.
Actually no, i dont.

Will you tell me?

Location hidden

#120294 Aug 17, 2014
RAINGOD wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask "what what what"
When you should ask "why why why"
There is no need to distinguish between what and why....

Because the most accurate and honest answer to the question of "why" is a description of what happened and/or what was involved...

The cause is the reason and the reason is the cause.
FREE SERVANT

Bowling Green, KY

#120295 Aug 17, 2014
<quoted text>
There is no need to distinguish between what and why....
Because the most accurate and honest answer to the question of "why" is a description of what happened and/or what was involved...
The cause is the reason and the reason is the cause.
We have the answers in the Bible. In the very beginning the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. Water and how it is created by hydrogen bonds is an attraction that is a process just as to that in organic molecules like DNA and protein. This is the basics.
FREE SERVANT

Bowling Green, KY

#120296 Aug 17, 2014
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever eat battery acid ?
NO!
FREE SERVANT

Bowling Green, KY

#120297 Aug 17, 2014
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking to yourself?
NO!
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#120299 Aug 17, 2014
<quoted text>
RATTLE the TATTLE.

God thanks that you have no influence on medicine.
There are dozens of antibiotics around.
There are at least dozens of cytostatics around, along with several forms of radiation therapy, several forms of surgery, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapy and the use of angiogenesis inhibitors to treat cancer.

UNBELIEVABLE and TOTALLY CRAP and CABOODLE.
F*CK FLUT.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120300 Aug 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually no, i dont.
Will you tell me?
U must be a little slow, so no I will not, could be detrimantal to your health.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120301 Aug 17, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>NO!
No! are you sure? You sound like you did.
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#120302 Aug 17, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We have the answers in the Bible. In the very beginning the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. Water and how it is created by hydrogen bonds is an attraction that is a process just as to that in organic molecules like DNA and protein. This is the basics.
We don't have all the answers in the bible.
There are almost no answers in the bible.
There are no hydrogen bonds and organic molecules like DNA and proteins found in the bible.
We REALLY started to understand hydrogen bonds, organic molecules, DNA and proteins when we ceased to stick our heads into the bronze age mythology books and started to LOOK AROUND and OBSERVE what REALLY happens. ONLY THEN science merged and we REALLY got a mental grip on what happens around us.
It was the transition from believing that disease is the wrath of god to studying its causes through the microscope - and this marked our ability to fight disease.
It was also the transition from believing that the earth stands still and the whole of the universe orbiting it to the reality of heliocentrism.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120303 Aug 17, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>NO!
That's a good thing then. Someone writes almost like you, must be your twin that you never met. They say we ALL have a twin out there somewhere.
lucy

Allentown, PA

#120304 Aug 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Demonstrate or give evidence for that claim.
Scientifically, just how many times have you gotten chemicals "mixed in the right way" such that life results?
Are you able to create a living organism in a lab by having chemicals "mixed in the right way"?
That could get scary, good thought for a horror movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min wichita-rick 181,646
Word Association (Mar '10) 16 min wichita-rick 19,273
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 18 min eleanorigby 54,247
Word Association (Jun '10) 22 min wichita-rick 30,310
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 37 min eleanorigby 19,151
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 50 min wichita-rick 2,060
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 58 min wichita-rick 6,668
Roger Waters Calls Donald Trump ‘Pig-Ignorant’ 2 hr TheJerseyDevil 91
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr In Love Forever 31,287
More from around the web