Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216895 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#120037 Aug 13, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
your first paragraph is pointless and evidence less
your last sentence is fact,
(First paragraph was Polymath saying "life *is* a chemical process and the biochemistry of it is pretty well understood")

Let's fill in:
- biochemistry is pointless and lacks all evidence.------- RIGHT.
- neurophysiology is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.
- genetics is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.
- molecular biology is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.

And, hence, off goes medicine.

Who is gonna drag this fool into the next century?
Which in his case will be the 6th BC.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#120038 Aug 13, 2014
I would think that a good understanding of How life forms evolve(d) on Earth would be of some interest to humans trying to grow food to survive and prosper in any setting let alone space or another planet.
And the scientists who will eventually discover proof of life on another planet or moon.(Some Jupiter and Saturn moons have water-ice, possibly liquid water in large amounts)
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#120039 Aug 13, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
As you wish and with all respect.
I think that you are referring to the "fine tuning" argument.
I don't think that is a very strong argument but this has been discussed earlier and I won't repeat all the arguments.
Thank You sir,
and YOU DON'T have to...
I have not a clue what the funny thing with the timing is, but it isn't that "fine tuning" thing either.
It's just a something that goes on everyday that just ROCKS! It's an efficiency thing I guess.
Life is just more efficient, pleasant, better quality.
It's all good. It doesn't matter to the ToE or offer any other possible, let alone better explanation.
Just got off the phone with a doctor that scares the shit out of me.
Yep! definitely better. Continuance to better health.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#120040 Aug 13, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even human if you can only conceptualize in 3 dimensions.
I 'invoke ' the ToE on this thread AS always. The ToE isn't concerning other fields of scientific research and exploration or my experience of something I can't explain.
The THEORY of EVOLUTION is concerning the diversity of life forms on this planet and how that diversity came to be. The science if this is well documented enough to prove it is correct
with a few unanswered questions that I can't think of now.(not important)
ToE works just fine. Creationism is dead as far as i'm concerned and I can't believe there is still this on-going debate on the subject! HOW PRIMITIVE.
Why do humans build telescopes? Space telescopes at that!
Humans .
Y'all better keep launching those new telescopes into space and keep exploring 'cuz you got a lot to learn, and more fun than you're gonna want. Only a kind heart, a real and honest effort to find and verify scientific truth and a sense of humor when your theory on some little thing is disproven (Science experiment yields different than expected results) will suffice if your specie is to survive long enough to colonize and reproduce fertile offspring in space or on other planets.
Don't get your hopes built up in a place built by man. The earth is the place where life was created and then death came and reproduction was necessary. The New Earth will have no death and it will be a place of perfect peace. There is only one way to that place and that is through and by the prince of peace. The power that created this earth in the beginning has been given to Jesus and he is the one who will prepare the New Earth.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#120042 Aug 13, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get your hopes built up in a place built by man. The earth is the place where life was created and then death came and reproduction was necessary. The New Earth will have no death and it will be a place of perfect peace. There is only one way to that place and that is through and by the prince of peace. The power that created this earth in the beginning has been given to Jesus and he is the one who will prepare the New Earth.
With all due respect to your sentiment,
Irrelevant to this discussion at this time.
9:49 AM pst
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#120043 Aug 13, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You sir,
and YOU DON'T have to...
I have not a clue what the funny thing with the timing is, but it isn't that "fine tuning" thing either.
It's just a something that goes on everyday that just ROCKS! It's an efficiency thing I guess.
Life is just more efficient, pleasant, better quality.
It's all good. It doesn't matter to the ToE or offer any other possible, let alone better explanation.
Just got off the phone with a doctor that scares the shit out of me.
Yep! definitely better. Continuance to better health.
As John Lennon used to sing: "Whatever gets you thru the night,'salright"
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#120044 Aug 13, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect to your sentiment,
Irrelevant to this discussion at this time.
9:49 AM pst
I thought you were talking about a place where mankind will live after this earth. I don't think man will live anywhere in this universe other than on this earth for any extended period of time. I believe this whole heaven and earth was created together and it will pass away all together someday.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#120045 Aug 13, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian Taliban says "Yes".
Taliban? You must be one of them, for the atheist. The evidence is seen in England to date.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#120046 Aug 13, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are proving me correct, cloaking your beliefs with pseudo science , thanks
How so?

Oh wait, you don't even have the ability to distinguish between the two.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#120047 Aug 13, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
your first paragraph is pointless and evidence less
your last sentence is fact,
Again, how would you know?

Keep dodging, Bo.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#120048 Aug 13, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, he was trampled accidentally by a brontosaur who didn't pay attention.
Hey man, I maintain that if a stranger tries to stick their hands between yer missus' legs it, ain't gonna be nuthin' accidental about the whole thing!

That was just Mr Bronto's excuse, is all. I didn't buy it and neither did God!
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#120049 Aug 13, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were talking about a place where mankind will live after this earth. I don't think man will live anywhere in this universe other than on this earth for any extended period of time. I believe this whole heaven and earth was created together and it will pass away all together someday.
You could be right about that Bro, but as long as I'm alive and that clock is runnin', i'm respecting the reality at hand. Besides, if God really did make all this how can I be expected to take care of and respect what is given in the hereafter if I can't take care of and respect what has been earned in this NOW we live in?
1:00 PM pst
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#120050 Aug 13, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
Taliban? You must be one of them, for the atheist. The evidence is seen in England to date.
There's atheistic Taliban in England?

Chuck, the closest we got to the Taliban in England are the occasional Islamic militant or British "patriots" who wanna get rid of them - along with anyone else who ain't white. Once again, atheism isn't much of a factor here.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#120051 Aug 13, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right about that Bro, but as long as I'm alive and that clock is runnin', i'm respecting the reality at hand. Besides, if God really did make all this how can I be expected to take care of and respect what is given in the hereafter if I can't take care of and respect what has been earned in this NOW we live in?
1:00 PM pst
In that place all things will work together for your good. If you love God, He will make a way for you to see.
wondering

Morris, OK

#120052 Aug 13, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the mutations are NOT to deal with the causes of the mutations. In the above example, the cold does not cause mutations. The temperature does not cause mutations. Radioactivity and certain chemicals cause mutations. But the survival has to do with dealing with the cold, not dealing with radioactivity or the chemicals. So the mutations do NOT deal with the cause of the mutations.
ok gotcha. radioactivity and certain chemicals in colder environments cause the mutation that will grow more hair which will aid in survival in the cold environment but the cold environment itself has nothing to do with it. like the mutations that happen in warmer environments that cause less hair which is better suited for survival in the warmer environment but the warmer environment itself has nothing to do with it. it must be the radioactivity and certain chemicals that are affected by the colder or warmer environment because they most generally produce the mutation that is needed for the colder or warmer environment.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#120053 Aug 13, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In that place all things will work together for your good. If you love God, He will make a way for you to see.
Still don't care Mikey.
FREE SERVANT

Ardsley, NY

#120054 Aug 13, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't care Mikey.
I love God with all my heart and secondly I am as concerned for my neighbors as I am for myself. I'll keep praying for you guys.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#120055 Aug 13, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
ok gotcha. radioactivity and certain chemicals in colder environments cause the mutation that will grow more hair which will aid in survival in the cold environment but the cold environment itself has nothing to do with it. like the mutations that happen in warmer environments that cause less hair which is better suited for survival in the warmer environment but the warmer environment itself has nothing to do with it. it must be the radioactivity and certain chemicals that are affected by the colder or warmer environment because they most generally produce the mutation that is needed for the colder or warmer environment.
No

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#120056 Aug 13, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
(First paragraph was Polymath saying "life *is* a chemical process and the biochemistry of it is pretty well understood")
Let's fill in:
- biochemistry is pointless and lacks all evidence.------- RIGHT.
- neurophysiology is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.
- genetics is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.
- molecular biology is pointless and lacks all evidence ------- RIGHT.
And, hence, off goes medicine.
Who is gonna drag this fool into the next century?
Which in his case will be the 6th BC.
Okay dumbass, empty your drool bucket,...the chemistry of EXISTING life is understood. Only the comically stupid goobers on this thread will tell you that the chemicals that the universe somehow created then coalesced and created life. That's you

There is zero evidence that inorganic matter,...nonliving, can self organize and create life.

Zero! so it is you who are the fool,

now go play in the road

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#120057 Aug 13, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, nobody knows why there is anything and a God hypothesis is just as vacuous as any other. Maybe, maybe not.
None of it has any bearing on whether evolution occurred, and asking for the origin of the universe is merely a red herring.
the first part is correct , the second is not

You think that there's no bearing on whether God created everything or everything created itself? Really! There's no bearing on society, science or mankind?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 3 min Poppyann 1,515
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Mila Beaujolais 12,809
2words into 2new words (May '12) 4 min Mila Beaujolais 6,854
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min Mila Beaujolais 61,101
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 16 min Poppyann 11,155
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 20 min Poppyann 16,579
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 21 min Poppyann 26,244
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 22 min Poppyann 10,643
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Brandon 207,164
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min Grace Nerissa 67,250