Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#119750 Aug 7, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can come up with an explanation. I want one that is supported either mathmatically or by some other means we can be confident in. We already have someone using gravitational waves as a cause when in reality they are more likely an effect.
Quantum fluctuations. If you want references to scientific articles, I can provide.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119751 Aug 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You all do your best to rewrite it.
Not me! It is what it is.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119752 Aug 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Because it provides freedoms that he is uncomfortable with and it turns out, not based on the 10 commandments.
I'm a freedom loving American. I believe in freedom of thought as well.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119753 Aug 7, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh.
Whenever you start using big words, everyone knows your post will be incoherent.
<quoted text>
If that was true then fossils wouldn't exist.
<quoted text>
Don't worry, Dimbeam has been posting that people born after Jesus died and who didn't believe in him anyway is evidence that he was magic. You're still both wrong though.
<quoted text>
Because obviously you're qualified to judge despite being a scientific illiterate.(shrug)
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Fossils are not transitional forms. They are evidence of something that was once alive. The fossil does not nor cannot tell us who its ancestors or descendants are.
<quoted text>
Don't worry, Dimbeam has been posting that people born after Jesus died and who didn't believe in him anyway is evidence that he was magic. You're still both wrong though.
Another brilliant argument.
<quoted text>
Because obviously you're qualified to judge despite being a scientific illiterate.(shrug)
Just another ad hominem attack instead or real debate.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#119754 Aug 7, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For example, when the theory of punctuated equilibrium came out, there was a LOT of debate about the particulars. But now it is accepted as a standard part of the modern view of evolution.
This is because it has become obvious the transitional forms are missing, not because they are reading the evidence correctly.
This is actually wrong. Gould documented cases in the fossil record showing stages of 'fast' evolution. In this way, he showed it was not simply a relic of a poor fossil record. Now, in some cases, the record *is* poor.
I have posted that they are finding way too much C14 in dinosaur fossils (way less than 1 million years).
Anything more than about 50,000 years is background noise. Do you have any dinosaur fossils with *valid* C14 dates?
They don't take this evidence to mean the timelines are wrong, they look for a way to explain away the obvious. Remember it was this same radiometric dating that gave them the extremely long ages to begin with.
But way before radioactive dating, it was understood that the earth is much older than a few tens of thousands of years. So you are only right in the sense that *billions* of years for the earliest materials were not known, it was very well known that at least tens of millions of years were required.
The fact that they didn't check for decades to confirm the theory tells me they are not doing a good job.
I would say your lack of checking shows you are not doing a good job. You clearly don't understand the history of these ideas; the evidence that lead to the conclusions we have; the limitations of that evidence; or why the previous ideas were discarded.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119755 Aug 7, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum fluctuations. If you want references to scientific articles, I can provide.
What I would like is you to provide in your own words (ones I will understand) how everything that exists came into being. I assume that you admit the universe is not eternal. If you think the universe is eternal, please explain why we aren't in a "dead from heat loss" universe now.
Secondly are these quantum fluctuations still happening and if so are they creating new universes? If so where is the evidence of this?
Thank you for answering my post.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119757 Aug 7, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
Fossils are not transitional forms.
All of them are. Everything alive or once was alive is transitional.
messianic114 wrote:
They are evidence of something that was once alive.
True. They are
messianic114 wrote:
The fossil does not nor cannot tell us who its ancestors or descendants are.
A single fossil, yes. A sequence of fossils can tell us quite a bit about ancestors and descendants.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119758 Aug 7, 2014
Everything goes in a cycle or circuit throughout nature and a mathematics concerning patterns should be used to explain this. We may mathematically describe a set whose every point is contained in a scaled down copy of the set. Structured repeating patterns containing shapes that are the whole but of different sizes throughout. Even what appears to be irregular patterns are made of parts that are in some way similar to the whole. Nature has a property called self-similarity and these shapes like tree branches have what some call non-integer dimensions and lines like rivers and mountains can be represented by fractal mathematics.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119759 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a freedom loving American. I believe in freedom of thought as well.
Then BEWARE of creationists.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#119760 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Everything goes in a cycle or circuit throughout nature and a mathematics concerning patterns should be used to explain this. We may mathematically describe a set whose every point is contained in a scaled down copy of the set. Structured repeating patterns containing shapes that are the whole but of different sizes throughout. Even what appears to be irregular patterns are made of parts that are in some way similar to the whole. Nature has a property called self-similarity and these shapes like tree branches have what some call non-integer dimensions and lines like rivers and mountains can be represented by fractal mathematics.
You're describing sacred geometry
the basic shapes, their numerical "values"

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119761 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
RPG?
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#119762 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I've mentioned pseudo-science before. This is an ancient reckoning of how the universe is supposed to work and i'm not saying it has no bearing on reality, it may. It is however, a difficult subject to even introduce into a thread about biological evolution or creation.
That's why I have avoided doing so myself
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119763 Aug 7, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
You're describing sacred geometry
the basic shapes, their numerical "values"
Fractals are a geometric pattern that is repeated at every scale and so cannot be represented by classical geometry.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119764 Aug 7, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
RPG?
Funny, but NOT!

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#119765 Aug 7, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like *this* guy?
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/christi...
(Michael Peroutka has apparently won the Republican primary for a county council seat in Maryland’s Anne Arundel County)
Peroutka runs the Institute on the Constitution, which promotes Christian Reconstructionist ideology, and, as reported by journalist Sarah Posner, has trained local Tea Party groups with its 12-part course on the biblical basis of the Constitution. Peroutka embraces Christian Reconstructionists’ radically limited view of the role of government.
He (Peroutka) has written: "Since civil government is ordained by God in order to protect God-given rights, then the function of civil government is to obey God and to enforce God’s law – PERIOD. It is not the role of civil government to house, feed, clothe, educate or give heath care to…ANYBODY!"
Peroutka said much the same thing at Larry Klaymen’s failed revolutionary rally in Washington, D.C. earlier this year which was supposed to oust President Obama from office.
“There is a God. Our rights come from him. The purpose of civil government is to protect and defend God-given rights. This is the American view of law and government. It also happens to be the biblical view of law and government. America was founded upon the biblical view of law and government….”
Taliban, tally ho.

What a country we live in. You can be the dumbest, moron to exist and still make a living and run for office.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#119766 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a freedom loving American. I believe in freedom of thought as well.
Freedom of thought doesn't mean correctness of thought and it also means that you have to allow others to be free to think their way. You can't force your baseless opinion on others.

I have never met a freedom hating American, though I suppose fundamentalists come the closest.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#119767 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Labels should not be used. Most labels are just used as an attack against groups with simply differing doctrines or practices. The shoe could be on the other foot when someone says an evolutionists is a member of a bunch of people with deviant beliefs and practices just to try and control someones thoughts about them. Just because someone has beliefs that make other people uncomfortable, this should not disqualify them from the jury.
People do say that. We call them fundamentalist creationists. If someone is a whack job, I don't want them on my jury. Vet them out.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#119768 Aug 7, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Fossils are not transitional forms. They are evidence of something that was once alive. The fossil does not nor cannot tell us who its ancestors or descendants are.
<quoted text>
Another brilliant argument.
<quoted text>
Just another ad hominem attack instead or real debate.
You make a lot of unsubstantiated claims. The fossil record can show us a lot about ancestral forms and relatedness. As to your scientific literacy, it has all the appearances of being very poor. You can call this an attack, but it is really an observation.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119769 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but NOT!
Coulda fooled me.
helene

Aiken, SC

#119770 Aug 7, 2014
PROFESSOR X wrote:
Atheistic Scientists were Humiliated As Their Junk DNA Evolution Paradigm recently Collapsed
Anti-theistic scientists, Ken Miller, Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents made failed observations about DNA, such that their Darwinian evolution paradigm has collapsed. Not that long ago, junk DNA was being defended as an important element of the Darwinian evolution paradigm ... The question now seems to be whether Ayala, Dawkins, Collins, Falk and other junk DNA proponents will continue to defend junk DNA, whatever they call it?- Rob Crowther,PhD
Evolutionary Biologist Richard Sternberg discusses modern genomics and the collapse of evolutionists junk DNA theory.
http://www.cross.tv/66770
Doubt Atheism & Question Darwinism
http://www.evolutionfacts.blogspot.com

We could of evolved from dinosaur shit,If you so called republicans are Christians you go to hell Bible God said Thou Shalt Not KILL and Christians do. Look what Bush did. Wars for profit..Glad I knew better times Time to commit suicide. Maybe I will go to a better place Like 6ft under or a can of ashes between mom and dad will do just fine..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min _FLATLINE-------- 7,705
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min _FLATLINE-------- 9,658
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 min Crazy Beautiful 8,234
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 9 min _FLATLINE-------- 78,567
Post Partially Exposed Breasts Only (no total n... 12 min andet1987 16
Add a Word, Drop a Panty game 19 min andet1987 52
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 22 min Princess Hey 139,805
motorcycle traveling stories 40 min Sublime1 34
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Observer 159,944
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 1 hr OB Historical Soc... 250
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr NinaRocks 18,025
Word Association (Jun '10) 2 hr say it aint so 27,012
More from around the web