Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216598 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119828 Aug 10, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you could use dog bones, to show how a 10 oz pocket poodle evolved into great danes and bull mastiffs, it would make a great chart , just like the idiotic ones showing how fish crawled out of the sea , turned into rats ,then monkeys, then chimps, apes then astronauts .one problem,...it would be bullshit wouldn't it?
Do you have something BETTER than this silly CRAP?
Maybe some ... uhhh ... SUBSTANTIAL?

You wanna see how fish managed to crawl out of the water?

Even today nature is doing the tricks.
And all the steps in between:
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (fully aquatic fish walking)
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (fish crawling the land)
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (salamander without lungs)

Note, these are extant species showing their natural behaviour. apart from swimming, they walk the land on a daily basis.

And, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch... , a message by a believer.

We have the fossils of similar land dwelling fish from de Devonian, starting with bony fish like Eusthenopteron, proceeding with Tiktaalik, like extant mudskippers a fish walking the land, Eusthenopteron, the first, primitive amphibian. And a bunch of intermediary species along that path, in the correct chronological order and showing all the gradual steps on every relevant trait. For instance, having both lungs and gills. Or bony skeletons instead of cartilage.

You didn't know of this?
Bet you didn't.

Now, leave the science up to the ones that intellectually are fit and equipped for it.
You may dance and worship around on your weekly bronze age mythology seances shouting times "Hallelujah" all the time.
So now and then you may buy one of the products that technology (=science) brings forth, like the computer you are abusing spreading bronze age mythology crap.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119829 Aug 10, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No
How do you know?
You weren't there.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119830 Aug 10, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
What caused time?
I have already told you more than once that without time causality is a meaningless term because you must have time in order for there to be a prior cause and following effect. Your question nullifies itself by setting the condition that time pre-existed time. You can call that evasive if you wish, but it doesn't change your question - no matter how many times you ask it.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119831 Aug 10, 2014
The scriptures tell us that the Spirit of God moved in the beginning when the heaven and the earth were created. We can generally define the Spirit of God in the beginning as the non physical part of him and the seat of his emotions and character where the qualities that formed the first matter was quintessential. The scriptures tell us that God said Let there be light; and there was light. God had the power and energy that was required for sustained physical activity and this strength brought about the first matter that utilized physical resources especially to provide light and heat to do his work. Matter was the particulars from which his work came in the beginning and it consisted of physical elements rather than the mind or Spirit and it was of importance and essential. Jesus taught that the kingdom of heaven was like a very small seed and then it branched out and became great.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119832 Aug 10, 2014
messianic114 wrote:

"Which if it were true we would see fossils with miniature legs, fish/amphibians with gills and lungs etc. We don't see this in the fossil record. What we see is distinct organisms with no predecessors. Can you explain since we are seeing gradual change over time why we have no new phyla since the Cambrian Era? That's what 500 million years?
There ARE fossils that show these intermediary changes. There are fossils of short-necked giraffes, to name JUST ONE example from memory.
Dan, How are you always so patient with this?
The guy doesn't learn from the knowledge freely shared and progress with the conversation.
I'm sorry to say this, but for the fact my passion will not allow my silence: People who disrespect knowledge and refuse reality bring out the barroom brawler in me. This kind of disrespect DOES NOT OCCUR IN PUBLIC, why should we put up with it on a national editorials pages? Yes, that's what this is. Topix is owned by the thee biggest newspapers in the U.S.. This IS an editorials pages like in ANY NEWSPAPER. Why would any one come to post here without respect for themselves in a forum, debate or conversation?
Anonymity has it's perks AND drawbacks.
Public shaming is an effective way to make people aware of good manners and social skills. REWARD for good behavior: Compliments.
agreements, Positive judge its. Positive reinforcements are EXCELLENT ways to achieve meaningful progressing debates and to stimulate EDUCATION as well as debate.
When I think of the sweet moment i shared with Bohart about a month or less ago, I think it best for me to FORGET the Barroom brawler,
and Just LEAVE IT! at the bar.
God Bless You ALL
6:27 AM pst

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119833 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The scriptures tell us that the Spirit of God moved in the beginning when the heaven and the earth were created. We can generally define the Spirit of God in the beginning as the non physical part of him and the seat of his emotions and character where the qualities that formed the first matter was quintessential. The scriptures tell us that God said Let there be light; and there was light. God had the power and energy that was required for sustained physical activity and this strength brought about the first matter that utilized physical resources especially to provide light and heat to do his work. Matter was the particulars from which his work came in the beginning and it consisted of physical elements rather than the mind or Spirit and it was of importance and essential. Jesus taught that the kingdom of heaven was like a very small seed and then it branched out and became great.
The Grimm's tell us that a queen had an omniscient talking mirror. What's your point?
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119834 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Grimm's tell us that a queen had an omniscient talking mirror. What's your point?
My point is that we have been given the answer as to what caused all things in the beginning and how it was.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#119835 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that we have been given the answer as to what caused all things in the beginning and how it was.
Good enough for a caveman , but we need a little better explanation.
Sheppard are for sheep , remember?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119836 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we haven't. There are many books of myth out there. For the real answer we have to find them ourselves.

I assume that you are a Christian by your user name and the book of Genesis as a whole has been shown to be a book of myth. And a rather immoral one at that.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119837 Aug 10, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Good enough for a caveman , but we need a little better explanation.
Sheppard are for sheep , remember?
Jesus is the good shepherd and he gave an analogy concerning the kingdom of God, and he compared it to a small mustard seed that became great. Jesus used terms that farmers of that day would have understood. The black mustard seed was probably the smallest seed they knew of and it could grow as tall as twelve feet. We also read in scripture that the Word of God was the seed.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#119839 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You will read a lot of BS from the evolutionists on here, just watch the attacks to follow soon:
I believe the Genesis account of creation, and that what one believes about his origin will determine his philosophy of life. I believe creation was a direct act of God, in six literal 24 hour solar days, instantaneous and miraculous. I believe man was created in the image of God and all reproduction was “after their kind."
Believe whatever you like. Just don't try to force your belief on others as if it were fact.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119840 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You will read a lot of BS from the evolutionists on here, just watch the attacks to follow soon:
I believe the Genesis account of creation, and that what one believes about his origin will determine his philosophy of life. I believe creation was a direct act of God, in six literal 24 hour solar days, instantaneous and miraculous. I believe man was created in the image of God and all reproduction was “after their kind."
Bait.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119842 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Evolutionists are the ones forcing their false pseudo-science belief system in the Public School System. No wonder some of our Children graduate High School without being able to understand simple math and science or read and write.
More chum?
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119845 Aug 10, 2014
As long as I keep pointing out your tactics it will become apparent that an invalid argument for the sake of NOTHING but to ABUSE by drawing in people into endless go-arounds, is not worth a response.
Creationism is dead. IN REAL LIFE>
Right NOW
@
1:51 PM pst
8/10/14
God is very much alive and well WITHOUT the NONSENSE!
;-D !
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119846 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then were you utterly unable to address the post produced by the "evolutionists"?
Apart from the constant flow of crap and rubbish, the only thing you do is dodge and duck.
Tell us, why weren't you answering our posts?

You have nothing worthwhile to tell apart from caboodle that I would feel ashamed even as 12 years old.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#119847 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:

Putting words in God's mouth. No, nothing wrong with that. Unless you read the Bible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119848 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>

So what.

I believe that the Easter Bunny farted the universe.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119849 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Evolutionists are the ones forcing their false pseudo-science belief system in the Public School System. No wonder some of our Children graduate High School without being able to understand simple math and science or read and write.

Stupidest Post of the Day Award Winner.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#119850 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Bait, it is absolute Biblical truth.

Wrong, it is modern Biblical misrepresentation.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119851 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. The personal attacks are usually a response when they can not answer the questions from their limited perspectives. Yes, the Bible has the answers and the truth has been right in front of all of us the whole time. God bless you and yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 min UnderstandPeople 33,971
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Old Sam 22,125
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 8 min WasteWater 940
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min Old Sam 5,259
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 9 min Old Sam 5,753
2words into 2new words (May '12) 9 min Old Sam 6,723
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 12 min Old Sam 15,189
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min ALways wrong 66,963
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 36 min Suezanne 10,553
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 206,685
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 3 hr Princess Hey 98
More from around the web