Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216749 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119726 Aug 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well by exist, I mean the process that leads to the change of populations over time as well as the theory that explains that.
III KnOw, bud, I know.
We're all good here - as always!
;-D !

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#119727 Aug 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Creaturdation allows one to claim and refute one's on claims in the same sentence being used to support ones claims. It is a magical thing.
It need to me

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#119728 Aug 7, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That's good cake. Oh its gone.
There is always more down at the bakers
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119729 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There are involuntary and necessary agents throughout nature and set limits are indicated and vital. The Creator made heaven and earth to act this way and the Bible tells us why.
Still don't care about preaching, Mikey.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119730 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The universe proceeded from compulsion and necessity to obey God. It is vital and a requisite that all things obey the commands of our Creator.
Goddamm that Satan!

>:-(
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119731 Aug 7, 2014
If this was a court case, I am not sure these evolutionists would understand until we draw them a picture.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119732 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If this was a court case, I am not sure these evolutionists would understand until we draw them a picture.
If you check, we've been winning all the court cases.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119733 Aug 7, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check, we've been winning all the court cases.
Slick lawyers can stack the jury these days.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119734 Aug 7, 2014
A good technique now days to get someone kicked off, would be to label them a cult member and a person that makes normal people uncomfortable.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119735 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Slick lawyers can stack the jury these days.
Doesn't take slick lawyers just the constitution.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#119736 Aug 7, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't take slick lawyers just the constitution.
Another misconstrued idea......

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119737 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Another misconstrued idea......
The constitution? Why? This I gotta hear.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119738 Aug 7, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how the universe is uncaused, how it created itself?
Anyone can come up with an explanation. I want one that is supported either mathmatically or by some other means we can be confident in. We already have someone using gravitational waves as a cause when in reality they are more likely an effect.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119739 Aug 7, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because evolution has become the scientific consensus because of the evidence. if anyone could actually provide evidence showing the theory is wrong, there would, of course, be debate, but science can and does change based on the evidence. For example, when the theory of punctuated equilibrium came out, there was a LOT of debate about the particulars. But now it is accepted as a standard part of the modern view of evolution. The *evidence* that Gould and others produced was enough to convince enough people to change their minds.
And, all you really need to do is convince one generation of scientists that you are correct: the older ones will die off. The actual progress of science tends to happen by a combination of convincing the older and the younger scientists of the validity of your ideas. Especially today, it is easier than ever to get your ideas out and into scientific discussion *if* you actually have the evidence to back up your assertions.
The problem is that creationism has no such evidence, and those holding to it show no understanding of the evidence or of the current ideas. That is required to effectively debate a subject. Recall also that creationism of some sort was the *default* position about 200 years ago. but the *evidence* changed people's minds and the theory of evolution was adopted for that reason.
<quoted text>
For example, when the theory of punctuated equilibrium came out, there was a LOT of debate about the particulars. But now it is accepted as a standard part of the modern view of evolution.
This is because it has become obvious the transitional forms are missing, not because they are reading the evidence correctly. I have posted that they are finding way too much C14 in dinosaur fossils (way less than 1 million years). They don't take this evidence to mean the timelines are wrong, they look for a way to explain away the obvious. Remember it was this same radiometric dating that gave them the extremely long ages to begin with. The fact that they didn't check for decades to confirm the theory tells me they are not doing a good job.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#119740 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Funny coming from the "barely able to use crayons" set.

Level 9

#119741 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Slick lawyers can stack the jury these days.
You keep telling yourself that and keep clicking those heels together, but Kansas won't be able to help you.

Level 9

#119742 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
A good technique now days to get someone kicked off, would be to label them a cult member and a person that makes normal people uncomfortable.
What if the label actually applies?

Level 9

#119743 Aug 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Another misconstrued idea......
You all do your best to rewrite it.

Level 9

#119744 Aug 7, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The constitution? Why? This I gotta hear.
Because it provides freedoms that he is uncomfortable with and it turns out, not based on the 10 commandments.

Level 9

#119745 Aug 7, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For example, when the theory of punctuated equilibrium came out, there was a LOT of debate about the particulars. But now it is accepted as a standard part of the modern view of evolution.
This is because it has become obvious the transitional forms are missing, not because they are reading the evidence correctly. I have posted that they are finding way too much C14 in dinosaur fossils (way less than 1 million years). They don't take this evidence to mean the timelines are wrong, they look for a way to explain away the obvious. Remember it was this same radiometric dating that gave them the extremely long ages to begin with. The fact that they didn't check for decades to confirm the theory tells me they are not doing a good job.
Extremely long ages were determined long before radiometric dating. Radiometric dating just gives us better estimates and different techniques validate each other.

Where is all this evidence of C14 in dinosaur fossils?

Punctuated equilibrium still requires time and there are still transitional fossils. Sheesh. Where do you all come up with this stuff? Never mind, I know, pseudoscience websites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 6 min Mustang GT Girl 1,632
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 7 min Suezanne 16,547
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min Mustang GT Girl 37,098
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Mustang GT Girl 61,056
News Scientists say nuts to heart disease 15 min Suezanne 17
What Topics knows about you 18 min Suezanne 9
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 19 min SUG here 8,882
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Ferrerman 67,208
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 207,002
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 3 hr Poppyann 1,480