Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119555 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world should be an organized body of observations that are actually factual and not just thought to be true.
Yes, we call it science. Perhaps you've heard of it.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Reality is things as they truly are. Evolution is a theory about a process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of earth. Most evolutionists think that all living organisms develop gradually from simpler to more complex.
OK.
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Systems are actually causing change now and have been throughout the history of earth, and new discoveries have brought to light the fact that some organisms have become simpler than their ancestors. Good Science is knowledge of facts like this.
Your use of the word "systems" in this context is meaningless. Who or what is "systems"???

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119556 Aug 5, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK.
<quoted text>
Your use of the word "systems" in this context is meaningless. Who or what is "systems"???
I think that his idea of "Good science" is similar to most people's idea of "Good dog." He wants it to fetch a piece of wood - from the ark grown in the Garden of Eden and shaped like a cross.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119557 Aug 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that his idea of "Good science" is similar to most people's idea of "Good dog." He wants it to fetch a piece of wood - from the ark grown in the Garden of Eden and shaped like a cross.
To the contrary. It is Darwinism that wants people to remain loyal because of its long-windedness. Evolution is irksome and has been unrewarding to the point of weariness for some of its adherents. Good science should stand the test of time and cause stirring enjoyment if it uncovers true facts.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119558 Aug 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gopher wood, no doubt.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119559 Aug 5, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OK.
<quoted text>
All of our natural world and universe is systematic.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119560 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world should be an organized body of observations that are actually factual and not just thought to be true. Reality is things as they truly are. Evolution is a theory about a process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of earth. Most evolutionists think that all living organisms develop gradually from simpler to more complex. Systems are actually causing change now and have been throughout the history of earth, and new discoveries have brought to light the fact that some organisms have become simpler than their ancestors. Good Science is knowledge of facts like this.
These rather rare examples of lesser complex species emerging are very well know, very adequately described and studied and NO PROBLEM for evolution AT ALL. Evolution is about speciation due to natural selection. Natural selection tells that the FITTEST individuals of a species will more likely to survive and reproduce in the particular environment of that species. FITTEST does not mean "more complex". It just means "better adapted to the environment". Hence, on a regular basis less complex species emerge when the environment demands traits that lead to less complexity.

So, next time you address evolution theory and not your own devises.

the Earth Clod

#119561 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>To the contrary. It is Darwinism that wants people to remain loyal because of its long-windedness. Evolution is irksome and has been unrewarding to the point of weariness for some of its adherents. Good science should stand the test of time and cause stirring enjoyment if it uncovers true facts.
Exactly, that's why Darwinism still around, alive and kicking today after 150 years.
And gaining ever more support in the scientific realm, especially in the relevant scientific disciplines - the earth and life sciences.

The rest of your post is just plain TATTLE.

Let's have a look how the bronze age mythology is being reinforced within the creationist's cults: http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/3198-w... .

the Earth Clod

#119562 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>All of our natural world and universe is systematic.
Not according to modern science.
In physics, the world is perceived probabilistic.
We even have a complete paradigm on this: chaos theory.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119563 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>To the contrary. It is Darwinism that wants people to remain loyal because of its long-windedness. Evolution is irksome and has been unrewarding to the point of weariness for some of its adherents. Good science should stand the test of time and cause stirring enjoyment if it uncovers true facts.
So obviously, you don't think science is being a good dog because it hasn't debunked the Theory of Evolution for you..

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119564 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Long-windiness? Irksome? What a load of crap.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119565 Aug 5, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to modern science.
In physics, the world is perceived probabilistic.
We even have a complete paradigm on this: chaos theory.
Then it is some of them that are probabilistic. A natural system can be predicted to probably work cycling as it always has.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119566 Aug 5, 2014
Just as there has always been different kinds of creatures on earth, so has there always been different kinds of systems which do all sorts of work. Each system has a reason for doing what it does, and we can say its purpose is to do a work.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119567 Aug 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are being obstinate , mules are hybrids not a species.
He has already stated this aren't you keeping up?
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119568 Aug 5, 2014
Systems do tasks, and these systems had an order or command to do what they do in their beginning. All life on Earth is guided by recurring patterned instructions that dictate how something should be done, operated or assembled, and the programming is brought about by natural systems of differing kinds. An order or command was imparted into these systems at their start giving them steps that must be followed to do their tasks. SCPID theory explains this.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119569 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Systems do tasks, and these systems had an order or command to do what they do in their beginning. All life on Earth is guided by recurring patterned instructions that dictate how something should be done, operated or assembled, and the programming is brought about by natural systems of differing kinds. An order or command was imparted into these systems at their start giving them steps that must be followed to do their tasks. SCPID theory explains this.

Word salad. You haven't explained a damn thing.

What order or command? From who?

What are recurring patterned instructions? Where do I find them?

What programming?

What are the differing kinds??
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119570 Aug 5, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Word salad. You haven't explained a damn thing.
What order or command? From who?
What are recurring patterned instructions? Where do I find them?
What programming?
What are the differing kinds??
We know according to scripture that the God of the Bible gives commands and that he shows patterns and he does say for things to be after their own kind. Just sayin....
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119571 Aug 5, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>I'm REALLY happy to see Turkana's response this Morning! I highly respect him and i'm glad he's not bawlin' me out.(if he does, I have it comin')
YOU (wondering) are the motherphucker TROLLING the GAY/Lesbian threads all the time, doing pretty much what you do here. JACK WAGON RUMP RIDER.
My statement on gay marriage was a joke tied to my statement on the allopolyploid process of speciation, but ironically caused YOU to play right into this pun on you. Of course I saw your post above me and thought hmmmm ........(big evil grin) ;-)
some people lie by mistake but you are just a lying jackass! i do not go to those threads and you know you cannot show ONE post where I have. you probably hang on them all the time. why have you stooped your test post you jackwagon idiot. you think a name change hsdes who you are? what an idiot
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119572 Aug 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The goatsbeard is not a new species because it is a fertile offspring from two related species. It's a new species because its genome is sufficiently changed from its ancestry.
Let me guess why you are obsessed with the idea that evolution = hybridization. It is the only way that you can even begin to account for the diversity of life following the (mythical) global flood and still oppose the ToE - and oppose it because your handlers have told you that certain sciences are a threat to Christianity.
me thinking evolution = hybridization?? have you not been keeping up. i said hybrids DO NOT = evolution. on the other hand you and turdboy think they do.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#119573 Aug 5, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>We know according to scripture that the God of the Bible gives commands and that he shows patterns and he does say for things to be after their own kind. Just sayin....
Just sayin a lot of nothing.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#119574 Aug 5, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
some people lie by mistake but you are just a lying jackass! i do not go to those threads and you know you cannot show ONE post where I have. you probably hang on them all the time. why have you stooped your test post you jackwagon idiot. you think a name change hsdes who you are? what an idiot
I have spotted you in the last 72 hours on some related subject just by checking the list of U.S. News forum threads. I looked in on you but I wasn't really interested in what you had to say, so I blithely went on my merry way. CheeriO,
<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 3 min harleyhoney 739
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min TALLYHO 8541 39,189
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 12 min Red_Forman 2,469
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 13 min Red_Forman 3,672
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 13 min Mechanic 25,368
What Difference Does It Make? 18 min TALLYHO 8541 3
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 39 min Jennifer Renee 9,743
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 46 min Mechanic 6,037
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 157,703
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 5 hr Barry 25