Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218748 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Morris, OK

#119524 Aug 4, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to be considered a new species it should be not able to interbreed successfully with the other sub-population(s) of the ancestral species.
"actually to be considered a new species it has to be able to breed with another(same hybrid) and produce fertile offspring and to be able to produce a stable population" is utter crap and rubbish and only to be produced by a layman who has not the slightest understanding of biology or evolution theory.
Speciation, as requested, has been demonstrated.
The rest is straight layman's tattle.
Rattle the tattle.
can you not fcking read.

actually to be considered a new species it has to be able to breed with another(same hybrid) and produce fertile offspring and to be able to produce a stable population. a mule cannot breed another mule and produce fertile offspring to be able to create a stable population.so technically it should not be considered a new species from a scientific stand point. it should be considered nothing but a hybrid same as ligers and tigons.

let me add to this. not all hybrids are sterile. some hybrids can reproduce and create a stable population. but that can happen in just a few generations which is not the many many thousands/hundred thousands of years that the theory of evolution predicts that it requires to for a species to become genetically different from its parent(s) species to form a population of a new species.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#119525 Aug 4, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
actually to be considered a new species it has to be able to breed with another(same hybrid) and produce fertile offspring and to be able to produce a stable population. a mule cannot breed another mule and produce fertile offspring to be able to create a stable population.so technically it should not be considered a new species from a scientific stand point. it should be considered nothing but a hybrid same as ligers and tigons.
let me add to this. not all hybrids are sterile. some hybrids can reproduce and create a stable population. but that can happen in just a few generations which is not the many many thousands/hundred thousands of years that the theory of evolution predicts that it requires to for a species to become genetically different from its parent(s) species to form a population of a new species.
Speciation happens when a population of distinctly different animals emerges .

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#119526 Aug 4, 2014
Take a Break!!!
wondering

Morris, OK

#119527 Aug 4, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The new plant species mentioned was perfectly able to reproduce successfully.
Speciation has been demonstrated. As requested.
yes it has by hybrids in just a few generations. not by the theory of evolution changing the population over time through mutations and natural selection through out many generations resulting in a genetically different species. that is where you fail to see the difference.

so you tell me what the theory of evolution predicts, how long it takes, and the end results then fit that into the 80 years speciation of the hybrid plant we are talking about.)1 hybrids are different than the theory of evolution or 2) evolution has taken the fast track. your choice.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119528 Aug 4, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
i will give you this. you seem to be book smart but if something is talked about that you cannot find in your book or does not go along with your book,, then you get and are completely lost.news flash book smart does not mean "smart" there are many books out there that are more updated than the same ones you read and quote from. many different books have different information in them. put down your old books, get caught up, go get a little experience and then get back to us. until then go talk with kab about the flud.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119529 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Speciation happens when a population of distinctly different animals emerges .
we have populations of mules that are distinctly from their parent(s). heII many people have one or two that live out in the country all over the USA but they cannot reproduce with another mule, you know that sterile thing). so technically by scientific standards they should not be a species, just a hybrid.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119530 Aug 4, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
So now and then I will remind you of the questions you left unanswered.
Because you are unable to answer them.
1) can you give a short summary of the essential conclusions to be drawn from the observation of the geological record from the Grand Canyon?
2) do you know which basic features are used to identify geological formations? Those features are to be used when answering question 3)
3) Can you list at least 7 different geological formations found in the Grand Canyon and describe shortly their composition and origin?
4) Describe the fossils found in the deepest formation of the Grand Canyon.
5) Describe in which formation of the Grand Canyon the first multicellular life appears.
6) How many formations do we count between the deepest formation of the Grand Canyon mentioned in 4) and the formation mentioned in 5)
7) Describe in which formation of the Grand Canyon the first land animal appear.
8) How many formations we count between the first formation where multicellular life appear as mentioned 5) and the formation where land animals appear for the first time in the geological record of the Grand Canyon, as mentioned in 7)?
9) How many RESPECTIVELY DIFFERENT formations do we distinguish in the geological record of the Grand Canyon that represent former sea beds?
10) How do we know that these are former sea beds indeed?
11) The Fort Union formation of the Grand Canyon consists of coal and are 300 feet (90 meters) thick. How long do you think a forest will take to produce a layer that thick? Please also reason how you got to the answer.
12) how many different dating techniques are used in geology? Mention the 7 main groups.
As you said that the Flood story matches the geological record, you seem to know a lot of it.
It should be no problem at all for you to answer this. I know the answers almost by heart.
Prediction: this questions will NOT be answered.
as demonstrated here, you are the type of little turd jack wagon that finds a site, goes through and makes a list of questions, then posts it in a comment to someone hoping they cannot answer and in the process hoping it makes you look smart. lmao

by the way here is the link again that can answer your silly little questions.
http://t-rat.com/Pages/GeologicalHistGrandCan...

run along little rattle tattler and go argue about the flud with kab.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

primus inter pares

#119531 Aug 4, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
we have populations of mules that are distinctly from their parent(s). heII many people have one or two that live out in the country all over the USA but they cannot reproduce with another mule, you know that sterile thing). so technically by scientific standards they should not be a species, just a hybrid.
You are being obstinate , mules are hybrids not a species.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119532 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are being obstinate , mules are hybrids not a species.
mule:
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Perissodactyla
Family: Equidae
Genus: Equus
Species: Equus asinus x Equus caballus

horse:
Species: E. ferus
Subspecies: E. f. caballus

donkey:
Subgenus: Asinus
Species: E. africanus
Subspecies: E. a. asinus

why don't you go do your nails,, again.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

primus inter pares

#119533 Aug 4, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
mule:
horse:
Species: E. ferus
Subspecies: E. f. caballus
donkey:
Subgenus: Asinus
Species: E. africanus
Subspecies: E. a. asinus
why don't you go do your nails,, again.

Now you are being stupid. There is a reason that under species it is listed this way.

Binomial name
None
Most mules are sterile. Sterile hybrids are not species in their own right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule
wondering

Morris, OK

#119534 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are being stupid. There is a reason that under species it is listed this way.
Binomial name
None
Most mules are sterile. Sterile hybrids are not species in their own right.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule
yes Binomial name means two same as Trinomial name means three. I don't think they have a qaudnominal name yet which is what it would take for the mule. if they do i am not familiar with it.

one funny one though is the
western lowland gorilla
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Gorilla
Species: G. gorilla
Subspecies: G. g. gorilla
Trinomial name: Gorilla gorilla gorilla

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

primus inter pares

#119535 Aug 4, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Binomial name means two same as Trinomial name means three. I don't think they have a qaudnominal name yet which is what it would take for the mule. if they do i am not familiar with it.
Species
Equus asinus x Equus caballus
Equus asinus(donkey) x Equus caballus(horse)
It's not a single species, it's a hybrid of the two.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119536 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Species
Equus asinus x Equus caballus
Equus asinus(donkey) x Equus caballus(horse)
It's not a single species, it's a hybrid of the two.
what i find interesting about the mule is genetically it is better than either parent. mules have the patience, endurance, sure footedness, sense, and drought tolerance of the donkey, combined with the size, speed, strength and courage of the horse. mules have harder skin that is less sensitive than that of horses, meaning that mules can deal with climate extremes such as strong sun and rain more easily. they require less food and water than a horse of the same size. the mules hooves are harder than horses hooves, and both the mule and the mules hooves show a natural resistance to disease and insects.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119538 Aug 4, 2014
test

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119539 Aug 4, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
<quoted text>
When actually it PRECISELY addresses the creationist's objections to uniformitarianism. They don't like things happening in uniform predictable ways, because they claim literally ANYTHING can happen because of Jew magic. Because how do we know? Where we there?
Therefore DESPITE evidence that falsifies their claims (such as evolution or age of the Earth or whatever other silly objections they have) they claim their interpretation of the Bible is correct because evidence doesn't matter. Because they are literally arguing for Last Thursdayism.
Unfortunately for them the concepts we support pass the scientific method. Theirs don't.
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution does not rely on universe formation. Since it doesn't rely even on abiogenesis why on Earth would you think it has to rely on explaining universe formation?
If you got problems with that then go take it up on the physics forums and explain how wrong they are for not taking invisible magic Jews into account.
As usual the Dud can't answer the simple old question:

Did the universe create itself,..yes or no , drool meister
wondering

Morris, OK

#119540 Aug 4, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual the Dud can't answer the simple old question:
Did the universe create itself,..yes or no , drool meister
i believe the universe is a bounced back of a prior universe that collapsed in on itself---the big bounce theory. a prior universes once existed and then collapsed/shrank in on itself. the big bang theory is the re-expansion of a prior universe.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119541 Aug 4, 2014
Hybrid speciation is a form of speciation wherein hybridization between two different species leads to a new species, reproductively isolated from the parent species. From the 1940s, reproductive isolation between hybrids and their parents was thought to be particularly difficult to achieve and thus hybrid species were thought to be extremely rare. With DNA analysis becoming more accessible in the 1990s, hybrid speciation has been shown to be a fairly common phenomenon, particularly in plants.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_speciatio ...
The complex process of allopolyploid speciation includes various mechanisms ranging from species crosses and hybrid genome doubling to genome alterations and the establishment of new allopolyploids as persisting natural entities. Currently, little is known about the genetic mechanisms that underlie hybrid genome doubling, despite the fact that natural allopolyploid formation is highly dependent on this phenomenon.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

Neither of these describe the theory of the Process by which evolution is supposed to occur. It's not Creationism or I. D. and it's not just mule piss. It follows the rules of speciation by definition of the word 'specie'.
This process seems to involve a larger or a very different type of DNA transaction than occurs in typical same-species unions that produce fertile offspring .
same-species unions
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119542 Aug 4, 2014
same-sex marriage not withstanding .......for now.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Los Angeles, CA

#119543 Aug 4, 2014
DAMN I've got the creeps about how fast evol....
just how fast things could really happen.
Guess that's why I was so fascinated with the Cambrian.
It all just seemed too fast for the theory of
evolution for some reason.
Maybe this allopolyploid speciation contributed to such a rapid
development of so many new species in so short a time.
wondering

Morris, OK

#119544 Aug 4, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
same-sex marriage not withstanding .......for now.
who gives a rats azz about same sex marriage? is that an issue with you? I do not think it is right, but my decision is based on me, and what i think is for me. when it comes to other people i am not going to make that call for it is their life. that is their life and they are free to live their own life the way they choose to live it. you, me, nor any government, nor any damn religion should try to tell them how to live their life. people only live one life so people should live it for what makes them happy. the ones that judge are just hypocrites and jack wagons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Goku Black 209,806
A to Z songs by title or group! 35 min wichita-rick 596
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs 54 min wichita-rick 9
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 13,004
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 16,742
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 18,200
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 83,458
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr streetglidehoney 2,142
News Mums sick of kids' illnesses - 18 times a year 2 hr Enzo49 30
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Enzo49 68,063