Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119258 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
is cyprus a country? yes or no
is cyprus considered part of europe? yes or no.
id cyprus considered part of the middle east? yes or no.
annexed in, political included or grandfathered in it is part of eurpoe and part of the middle east. it is that simple.
1. Country? Yes, it is even a member of the EU as such.
2. Part of Europe? Politically yes, geographically it is part of the Asiatic continent.
3. Part of ME? Geographically yes (see 2.). Culturally and politically yes and no. Yes: the northern part is ethnically and culturally Turkish (hence ME) and even declared independent in 1983. The southern part is the republic which is a member of the EU and there mostly people of Greek descend live. There is also a considerable Armenic minority. hence, 69% of the population is Christian, 27% Muslim and the main languages are Greek and Turkish.

the Earth Clod

#119260 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot show a post where i said the mustard was a tree. you know it and I know it. i did say they could resemble a small tree. you are only arguing on your poor reading comprehension. fail on your part again. puff fart stink
We were not talking about YOU saying the mustard is a tree but the BIBLE.
YOU were disputing the bible to be incorrect on that.
You CONSTANTLY stray off the subject in your constant craving and groan for quarrel and carping: "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", gasp, gasp, gasp.

So, again: the mustard is not a tree, I can't help.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119261 Jul 31, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
is cyprus a country? yes or no
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy the idiot want so play again.
The proper answer is No. Cyprus is an island.
technically isn't every continent an island and every country that is surrounded by the oceans or seas be it big or small being they are surrounded by water an island?
the true answer is yes, cyprus is a country even though it is a small island. matter of fact it is considered an "island country". cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the mediterranean sea. it is a member state of the european union and part of the middle east geographic area.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119262 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not talking about YOU saying the mustard is a tree but the BIBLE.
YOU were disputing the bible to be incorrect on that.
You CONSTANTLY stray off the subject in your constant craving and groan for quarrel and carping: "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", "I MUST WIN", gasp, gasp, gasp.
So, again: the mustard is not a tree, I can't help.
then why the heII are you arguing with me for saying they could resemble a small tree if you know i did not say they were a tree? you are only arguing on your poor reading comprehension. fail on your part again. puff fart stink

the Earth Clod

#119263 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i know that it is you that need to learn.
your complaints, your drama, your victim mentality, your whining, your blaming, your name calling, your "end of discussions and all of your excuses have NEVER gotten you even a single step closer to being the person you think you are. let go of your nonsense. let go of the delusion that you are always right and everyone else is wrong! there is nothing wrong in being wrong except for wrongfully denying you are wrong.
Wow!
MOSTLY I AM right.
Because I tend to concentrate on and talk about things I ACTUALLY have knowledge of.
I just don't chatter around like a chicken without a head.

Victim mentality? I just kicked you ass all the time. That is not quite victim mentality to my opinion. Not much psychological insight I must say. Lately someone else called me arrogant. i think that is more likely. But quite the opposite, isn't it? I stick to the arrogance.

"i know that it is you that need to learn"
Well, being a bit arrogant again: until now it's quite the opposite, isn't it, considered the many times you were found to be wrong (which you are utterly unable to admit, you know, the "kiss ass" thing).

"there is nothing wrong in being wrong except for wrongfully denying you are wrong."
VERY MUCH INDEED. And I actually DO. And the instance you saw me doing that, you called it "kiss ass".

That alone demonstrates how wrong you are on this post.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119264 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
MOSTLY I AM right.
that alone shows my comment to be true. end of discussion as you say!
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119265 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not answering my post and particularly not what I have stated about the interpretation of the bible.
You could as well have written NO answer.
you already answered the question about the age of the sun and plants in your said post. i see no need for me to answer it.

but talking about dodges you are doing that to this;

quoting from a chemistry book does not make one a chemist
quoting from a medical book does not make one a doctor.
quoting from a physics book does not make one a physicists.
quoting from the bible does not make one a christian.
AND quoting from any of the above does not mean one knows what the heII they are talking about or make them an expert on anything.

do you agree or disagree?
wondering

Sunset, TX

#119266 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
"there is nothing wrong in being wrong except for wrongfully denying you are wrong."
VERY MUCH INDEED. And I actually DO. And the instance you saw me doing that, you called it "kiss ass".
lets address this "kiss asss" thing that again you failed to understand because of your poor reading comprehension.

i said the "kiss ass" thing is as follows. you see a reg being wrong but will back him any way knowing he is wrong. are we clear yet?
better example is me saying cyprus is a country and subduction zone saying cyprus is not a country, it is an island. now in this example you did reply to me and agree cyprus is a country but you failed to correct your buddy "the reg" subduction zone. usually you would agree with subduction zone but in this case you know it would be completely idiotic to do so.

most usually you all will back a reg whether he is right or wrong and/or will not address a regs errors that are made. that is the "kiss asssing" i refereed to in my comment many weeks back.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119267 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i have no clue. do you? inform us what it really meant if you know.
I do have a clue. When the bible says something like "...and there was evening and there was morning the # day", I assume the author knew what he was talking about. I see no reason to second guess him. Do you?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119268 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
and of course you know i have to say it and point it out. the thread has been dead(no posters for hours) and i come on a make posts and as predicted you come on with in 10-15 minutes and start posting behind me. but "no" you don"t live here on this forum or keep that refresh button going do you. and not only that i see you are also following me on other threads posting behind me since i started posting this evening. you lay hear like a snake in the grass just waiting for someone to post and then you strike and are off and going. rotflmmfao i have to laugh and at the same time feel so sorry for you.
If you were a registered user, you would know there are trackers in Topix that alerts other registered users when there are new posts. No one has to sit here and watch to see if something happens. Paranoid much?
Subliminal

Hemet, CA

#119269 Jul 31, 2014
Ok, I'm sorry, but that mother possum outside my window is nature in action. She's COVERED with little squirming baby possums! Walking away VERY carefully. Babies all over her- beneath too! Never have seen this in real life- very coooollll!
5:41 AM pst

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119270 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should not answer questions posed from A to B?
It is a public forum here.
At least I am not dodging all the questions posed.
There are 14 genes that have been found to be responsible for pesticide resistance in bedbugs. Most of them affect the characteristics of the carapace or cuticle, but some do also turn on an ability to pump out and block pyrethrins. No where or way is there evidence that this is part of a standby supernatural master plan for cimicids.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#119271 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you cannot show a post where i said the mustard was a tree. you know it and I know it. i did say they could resemble a small tree. you are only arguing on your poor reading comprehension. fail on your part again. puff fart stink
Poor reading comprehension, indeed. >The Bible states< the mustard seed grows to become the greatest in the garden (and it becomes a tree). You have defended that.
As a statement of fact it's false (go figure). As a parable, it's a no brainer that large things almost always start out small.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#119272 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
no apology needed. i never threw a fit over personal attacks. i merely asked where it had been done.
It's rampant on some threads. Just browse the topics in any given city and you're likely to find them. If you don't mind, I'd rather not post links to such misbehavior.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#119273 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The mustard is not a tree, can't help.
Bats are not birds, insects don't have four legs, donkeys don't talk...
Genesis 1:29 shows that long before the parable of the mustard seed the Semites knew the difference between an herb and a tree.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#119274 Jul 31, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should not answer questions posed from A to B?
It is a public forum here.
At least I am not dodging all the questions posed.
Like I answered already, I would not like someone else saying I don't have anything better. I would think you would refrain from insulting C, until after he made a defence.
A public forum does not give you the right to be rude.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#119275 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I answered already, I would not like someone else saying I don't have anything better. I would think you would refrain from insulting C, until after he made a defence.
I have no issue with anyone weighing in on a public forum. It is not a private conversation, I was not insulted and I've written nothing on the matter that requires a defense - at least not from me, and you can't seriously be expecting me to propose a defense/excuse for you because you've got nothing better.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119276 Jul 31, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
technically isn't every continent an island and every country that is surrounded by the oceans or seas be it big or small being they are surrounded by water an island?
the true answer is yes, cyprus is a country even though it is a small island. matter of fact it is considered an "island country". cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the mediterranean sea. it is a member state of the european union and part of the middle east geographic area.
No, that is not the definition of a continent. In fact Only two continents are islands by themselves. Five out of the seven continents are attached by land to some other continents. Between Asia and Europe the boundary is even sketchier. Cyprus the island is not just one country. Cyprus has been a mixture of people of mostly Greek and Turkish descent and since 1974 it has had a split that is very similar to the split we see today in the Ukraine. The southern part of the island belongs to the E.U., which is a political body. Not all European countries belong to the E.U. Countries which are not in Europe are in the E.U.. Cyprus for one, Iceland for another. And though traditionally Iceland has been said to be "European" it is no more European than Hawaii is part of North America. Iceland is not part of the European land mass. It is an island on the Mid-Atlantic rift.

And you still have not dealt with the fact that the sources that you provided said that only the Asian parts of Turkey are Middle Eastern.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#119277 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, to my knowledge you have not yet addressed acquired pesticide resistance in insects through natural means vs. the unfalsifiable magic of "God's design." Instead, you attack the messenger - who in my case was just being sarcastic of your devotion to ignorance. You don't seem very proficient at self defense.
The Dude

UK

#119279 Jul 31, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a known liar for Jesus it's a wonder why a hypocrite like yourself would even care. Then I remembered the fundie martyr complex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min _hellbilly_ 321
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 11 min Grace Nerissa 24,784
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 18 min Roy Rogers and Pluto 26,690
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 20 min Favorite school s... 2,954
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 23 min Cause leaf problems 30,000
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 25 min My 1st boat ride 4,243
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 30 min Humhainna 1,087
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min wichita-rick 152,513
Is it possible to....... 4 hr CJ Rocker 578
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 hr Mega Monster 7,582
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Sarah 25,711
More from around the web