Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#119307 Aug 1, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
In Germany they are called "pommes frites" and often eaten with mayonnaise. Pretty tasty that way too.
Same in France, strange though, pomme is the French word for apple Ė they should literally be called pomme de terre frittes

In the US and to some extent with the advent of MacDonalds etc in the UK they are called French fries. Also strange because deep fried potato chips were a Belgian invention.

And with mayo, yes, anytime. Hmmm. Itís past 11 now and you got me thinking of sending out for a portion at lunch time.

P.S. There is a revolution going on here of chips with grated cheese (not for me though). I was just in France and although chip shops are few and far between (nonexistent) there are a few enterprising Brits who have started up mobile fish and chip businesses. Every Friday one visits my village there and I was interested to note he too had chips with cheese added to his menu.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119308 Aug 1, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! your lying and stupidity argue better than I ever could
Hey if I'm stupid, yet I always beat you in an argument then you must be REALLY stupid.(shrug)

Stop breaking the irony meters Bozo.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119309 Aug 1, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
We don't need the opinion of some random pish-posh, arrogant fool with his head up his ass. Especially not of you, considering your poor posts on this forum.
WHENEVER you like it or not.
BONG!!! Another irony meter hater.
I know, evotards don't know the difference between figurative and literal and that is part of the reason that they are evotards in the first place.
And yet you can't demonstrate that your particular interpretation is any better than anyone else's. Because ultimately you're just yet another arrogant random pish-posh fundie fool with his head up his ass amongst a throng of random arrogant pish-posh fundie fools with their head up their ass with an opinion. Especially considering your poor posts on this forum.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119310 Aug 1, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Letís run this down real quick.
Okay. You want him. Desperately.
He's not interested.
You took it personally.
And you've been frothing at the mouth ever since.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#119311 Aug 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
And yet you can't demonstrate that your particular interpretation is any better than anyone else's. Because ultimately you're just yet another arrogant random pish-posh fundie fool with his head up his ass amongst a throng of random arrogant pish-posh fundie fools with their head up their ass with an opinion. Especially considering your poor posts on this forum.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119312 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Yet I didn't make that claim. So uh, your response was pretty dumb.(shrug)

Location hidden

#119313 Aug 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I didn't make that claim. So uh, your response was pretty dumb.(shrug)
My assertion goes for every claim that you make at every point in your miserable, meaningless existence.

Location hidden

#119314 Aug 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if I'm stupid, yet I always beat you in an argument then you must be REALLY stupid.(shrug)
Stop breaking the irony meters Bozo.
Stupid people always claim they beat other people in arguments; whether they actually did or not (Which pretty typifies your behavior all the time).

So his assertion is quite accurate.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119315 Aug 1, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i ask you again since you failed to reply:
subduction zone do you want to make a deal? this pantyass shyt we do is doing nothing but just stirring up more flames. i admit i am a firm believer in meeting fire with fire no matter where the fire is coming from. i will send flames back to creationists or evolutionists,,doesn't matter to me for as i have said several times i will not lie for either side but i can nitpick the hell out of both in return as they do..
the deal is if you want to actually discuss or debate things, then we will. the right answers will only be in what can be shown, not what one thinks or believes and it has to be shown with valid links if we disagree oh and newer links will trump older links as long as they ar credible AND the name calling has to come to a end from you as well as me.
the choice is up to you. either concur or we will just continue on as we are. i would rather discuss things while backing it up but it is all up to you.... or i can just keep kicking a mud hole in your assss. see you next time.
You idiot. You end up your stupid post with a threat after you had your ass kicked all over the place and expect me to go along with you? You started this garbage. You were the first to have an attitude. I can give as well as I can take. Now if you want a civil discussion that is fine with me. But you since you were the jerk that started this you have to be the one that ends it.

Try again and perhaps I will agree. It would help if you would own up to your errors when it is shown time after time after time how you were totally wrong, like in this last fiasco of yours.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119316 Aug 1, 2014
My assertion goes for every claim that you make at every point in your miserable, meaningless existence.
Ad hom.
<quoted text>
Stupid people always claim they beat other people in arguments; whether they actually did or not (Which pretty typifies your behavior all the time).
So his assertion is quite accurate.
So link to his post that does so.

I'll give you a hint - it doesn't exist.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#119317 Aug 1, 2014
And wondering, I see that you claim I did not answer your question "the first time around". Sometimes this site automatically will not make a post of yours public if the algorithm thinks that you used a bad word or some other such nonsense. I made a long reply to your post where you lied about our debate over the last few days. I used no foul language at all. I got no warning. Yet the post did not go public. I can still see it when I am logged in But it does not show when I log out. I got suspicious since the site never said "last post by S. Z. at such and such a time".

So perhaps your first post that I did not respond to never appeared. Don't make assumptions, that can make you look even more foolish. If someone has not responded to a post of yours you can log out by rolling your cursor over the person icon at the top right of the page. A box will open with logout being one of the options.

Location hidden

#119318 Aug 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hom.
The same can be said for everything you say.
The Dude wrote:
So link to his post that does so.
I'll give you a hint - it doesn't exist.
bohart wrote:
Great! your lying and stupidity argue better than I ever could

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119319 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Your "Fact" is that if you can imaginatively interpret a part of reality or events to align with any evidence, data or theory it is valid. If you cannot, then the interpretation must be wrong.
Some people compile and correlate real world evidence and data and form theories to describe and better understand reality. If the theories do not hold up to the evidence and data, They are corrected or discarded. Others proudly prefer unfalsifiable religious "Truths" that require no evidence or data and are emotionally comforted by faith in dogma and doctrine.
What's yer point?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119320 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
The same can be said for everything you say.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hardly. I have a habit of pointing out flaws in people's posts, then they in turn do NOT address them. Then they insult me. Then I insult them back. And round and round it goes.

But the fact remains that Bo's issue with me is that he's never been able to back up his claims against me once.

But then we already know this, otherwise you would have pointed to the post I asked you to.

You may now return to your baseless philosophical babbling and pretending to know universal truthiness or something.

Location hidden

#119321 Aug 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. I have a habit of pointing out flaws in people's posts....
No. You have a habit of claiming that there are flaws in other people's posts.
The Dude wrote:
, then they in turn do NOT address them. Then they insult me. Then I insult them back. And round and round it goes.
But what you suggest is hardly ever worth dignifying with a response.
The Dude wrote:
But the fact remains that Bo's issue with me is that he's never been able to back up his claims against me once.
But it doesnt make a difference whether he does or not. You will argue wahtever he presents to suit your own sentiment s and philosophies.
The Dude wrote:
But then we already know this, otherwise you would have pointed to the post I asked you to.
His assertion suggests that your arguments embody stupidity and lies is valid.
The Dude wrote:
You may now return to your baseless philosophical babbling and pretending to know universal truthiness or something.
After you.

Location hidden

#119322 Aug 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people compile and correlate real world evidence and data and form theories to describe and better understand reality. If the theories do not hold up to the evidence and data, They are corrected or discarded. Others proudly prefer unfalsifiable religious "Truths" that require no evidence or data and are emotionally comforted by faith in dogma and doctrine.
What's yer point?
absolute crap!

Show me the truth that requires no evidence.

To compile and correlate real world evidence and data is like building a brick house; any brick will fit anywhere.

That you choose to place one brick there instead of here is just a reflection of your personal disposition.

And just which "religious truth" are you claiming are unfalsifiable?

If you dont even know what the truths imply; how can you know whether they are falsifiable or not?

You disputing religion (Christianity in particular) is like a 5 year old tossing away a math text book and saying; "I dont see any numbers in the natural world, so arithmetic are mere mythology and imagination."

Level 9

Everett, WA

#119323 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
absolute crap!
To compile and correlate real world evidence and data is like building a brick house; any brick will fit anywhere.
That you choose to place one brick there instead of here is just a reflection of your personal disposition.
If you dont even know what the truths imply; how can you know whether they are falsifiable or not?
You disputing religion (Christianity in particular) is like a 5 year old tossing away a math text book and saying; "I dont see any numbers in the natural world, so arithmetic are mere mythology and imagination."
I think he was pointing out that religious people will declare the "truth" of the Bible and refuse to demonstrate its truth.

In response to your claim that real world evidence can fit anywhere, that is clearly not true. That is why we are able to date certain rocks by its fossils. The fossil assemblage found in certain strata give an almost definite date in them because they fit together in only one way.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#119324 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
absolute crap!
Misnomer Ė there is no such thing as religious truths, there are religious beliefs, there is religious faith but neither faith nor belief is truth unless that faith/belief is falsifiable and evidenced to be true in the strict definition of the word.

What you have is religious faith and you call it truth to make yourself feel better while incidentally distorting the meaning of the word. Faith is not falsifyable and making claims of truth when no truth is involved is a lie for you faith, a lie for you god.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#119325 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
absolute crap!
I've got to give you credit Hog, you are a master of Straw. At ChromiuMan's comment that theories are formed from real world evidence and data, you respond, and I quote "Show me the truth that requires no evidence". This is a perfect example of a strawman argument. It is the equivalent of me replying to your post "How dare you accuse me of plagiarism. Show me ONE example of me copying another poster". You should be proud.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#119326 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
No. You have a habit of claiming that there are flaws in other people's posts.
<quoted text>
But what you suggest is hardly ever worth dignifying with a response.
<quoted text>
But it doesnt make a difference whether he does or not. You will argue wahtever he presents to suit your own sentiment s and philosophies.
<quoted text>
His assertion suggests that your arguments embody stupidity and lies is valid.
<quoted text>
After you.
How you doing today my little Arnold Ziffle the superhero, hand of gawd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 4 min Mega Monster 27,420
Things that make life eaiser... 16 min Princess Hey 261
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 22 min Princess Hey 8,119
What Could Be Catchy,...? (Sep '14) 34 min Princess Hey 26
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 36 min Jennifer Renee 10,905
Who doesn't have a Topix crush? (Apr '13) 41 min Princess Hey 407
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 42 min SUG here 8,141
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 42 min NinaRocks 28,996
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 161,795
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Enzo49 8,408