Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195529 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119175 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you want another one you all nitpick. the plants were made before the sun. what the heII? if god made the plants on the third evening and the sun the fourth day how is that any different than the sun setting and the plants being in the dark over night? will plants die if they donít have sun light even for 48 hours? no they wonít! which means god could have made plants and waited a few days to make the sun. nitpicking bs is all you do.
when you are this way you are no different than creationists bringing up piltdown man, nebraska man, etc etc.
nitpicking like this shows weakness, not strength from and in both sides. have a good one jack wagon.
You were very good at admitting your wrong, as I may conclude out of your rantings with Sub.
NOW how about THAT pertaining the previous points we discussed?

So god made the plants just one day before he made the sun?
So the sun is younger than the plants?
Let's check the science: the first algal scum formed on the land 1,200 million years ago, the first more complex photosynthetic plants developed on the earth over 1,000 m.y.a. The sun emerged 4,600 million years ago.
TOTALLY WRONG. As RIDICULOUS as it can be.

BESIDES, what is it:
1) a day in Genesis is just a day, OR, as many creationists assume in their pathetic attempts to reconcile the bronze age crap book with modern science:
2) a very long period, hence "day" to be considered form god's perspective, which were to be eternal.

Do us a favour, instead of your weekly dancing and worshipping exhibition, for a change start a serious debate with your fellow bronze age mythology dwellers about the EXACT meaning of the biblical use of the word "day". When you reached a verdict, let us know. That will save us form your tattles until, I estimate, the ends of times.

BTW, do not start a religious war in between. Leave us OUT of your caboodle.

Do you think I have any respect for a book from which it even isn't clear whether a day should be considered to be just 24 hours, like all normal people do, or up to millions of years?
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119176 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you can say what makes you feel better. i have stated more than once on more than on one thread that i support evolution for its evidence and that i think the bible is full of bs and errors. i do not believe the flood happened and so on. just like i said we have never observed a species change from one species to another species(other than the similarities we see in the fossil records). the thing is none of the creationists jump up and want to argue. that maybe because i also stated i think the bible was written by simple people who had not 1/10 of our knowledge and that is has been poorly translated and too many like you try to exploit that(from the flat earth, the sphere, earth hanging in the heavens, etc etc). like i said i won't lie for either side. if your side wants to lie and exploit and argue about that then so be it. i call foul when i see foul no matter who it is against or pissses off. that does not make me a creationists. what that does makes me is honest and it pissses you off at the same time.
Ah, you think the bible is full of BS and errors?
Like the ones we discuss on the other posts here in this very same forum?
The ones I pointed to and you are desperately denying with the usual crap and humbug?

Well, even better, we both agree that the bible is BS and full of errors.
That will finish off the other discussion.
that's me spared from further caboodle.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119177 Jul 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. English originated in England, yes or no?
No.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119178 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you want another one you all nitpick. the plants were made before the sun. what the heII? if god made the plants on the third evening and the sun the fourth day how is that any different than the sun setting and the plants being in the dark over night? will plants die if they donít have sun light even for 48 hours? no they wonít! which means god could have made plants and waited a few days to make the sun. nitpicking bs is all you do.
when you are this way you are no different than creationists bringing up piltdown man, nebraska man, etc etc.
nitpicking like this shows weakness, not strength from and in both sides. have a good one jack wagon.
Are you arguing that there really was a six 24 hour creation?
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119179 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The Parable of the Mustard Seed is one of the shorter parables of Jesus. It appears in three of the Canonical gospels of the New Testament. The plant referred to here is generally considered to be black mustard, a large annual plant up to 9 feet (2.7 m) tall, but growing from a proverbially small seed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_M...
Black mustard plants are native to the coastal regions of the Mediterranean Sea in southern Europe and belong to the same plant family as cabbage and horseradish plants. Black mustard plants are grown for both their edible leaves and seeds, which are slightly stronger and spicier than brown mustard seeds. The black mustard plant can grow up to 8 feet tall with tiny yellow flowers and wide leaves. You can grow black mustard plants in your garden in the cooler springtime months.
http://www.gardenguides.com/96686-grow-black-...
now at 8-9 feet tall it would resemble a small tree and be big enough for birds to be in its branches. now i do not know if the word shrub was around 4000ybp but i could see how they could call it a tree being it would resemble a small tree.
you just keep to your task of trying to prove the bible wrong and when i catch you in them i will point them out. like i said i will not lie for or against either side.
The mustard is not a tree. CAN'T HELP.
And you can say bla bla or blo blo or pruttle pruttle or da da or doe doe or whatever your want to tattle, it is not a tree.
The bible is wrong.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119180 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should do some research before you run your mouth and call someone a liar. that seems to be a big problem for you. use your brain first and your mouth later.
MY research leads to the conclusion that mustard plants are not trees.
At best they grow shrubs.

DO WE NEED to entertain you about the difference between a shrub and a tree??????
You endless TATTLES are annoying AT BEST.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#119181 Jul 30, 2014
Subliminal wrote:
<quoted text>
My location is being falsely reported as Simi Valley CA and I can't fix it without a registered account. I'm actually in Hemet CA about 200 miles south-southeast of there.
It's where your ISP's nearest server resides.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#119185 Jul 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
Just slapped my forehead so hard it hurt.

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#119186 Jul 30, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I said my sources said white mustard arose in the Middle East and they said nothing about where black mustard arose from. You said it arose from the Middle East and then linked an article that said it arose in southern Europe. You later finally found one article that said it arose in the Middle East. But it took you forever to find that source.
So once again, it is you that was wrong. I never said that black mustard did not arise in the Middle East until you provided articles saying that it did not. Then I pointed out that your article made that claim.
You can't help but to lie, can you?
As you noted, the Middle East is a geographical region and not a geological region. I am puzzled how someone could think that the mustarg plant including the black mustard could be mistaken for or considered a small tree. Height seems to be the main criteria for this statement. Well that and ignorance. There are many non-tree plants that have exceptional height and it doesn't make them a tree.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119187 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
there was never a hissy fit nor a fit thrown. so what are you trying to say?
I'll grant that "hissy fit" was an unwarranted exaggeration. My apologies.
"where has anyone messed with someones personal lives?" has the appearance of incredulous disbelief. To my knowledge, no one has said or even implied that you've engaged in such on Topix, but it has and does happen. I said what I was trying to say, which is that it's an unacceptable action.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#119188 Jul 30, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>As you noted, the Middle East is a geographical region and not a geological region. I am puzzled how someone could think that the mustarg plant including the black mustard could be mistaken for or considered a small tree. Height seems to be the main criteria for this statement. Well that and ignorance. There are many non-tree plants that have exceptional height and it doesn't make them a tree.
Yesterday I saw a bird dwelling a Taxus shrub in my garden.
According to the bible it is a tree.

As usual with creationists we end up in endless and senseless word weasels.
To fit the bible, EVERYTHING has to give way. Even the English language will be altered to let fit shrubs into the "tree" definition.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119189 Jul 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
As has been exhaustively explained to you, the Angles came from Northern Germany, as did also the Saxons.
Need you be reminded that your trademark statement is "England owns English"? The answer to that has always been a resounding NO.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#119190 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
again what a tard. two of the of countries in Europe that are in the middle east geological area are turkey and cyprus.
as i said PART of three continents make up the middle east. they are as follows. Europe, Africa, and Asia
i did not think anyone could be so ignorant.
list of european countries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereig...
list of countries included in the middle east
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East#Terr...
Wrong again moron. Cyprus is politically part of Europe. It is not geographically part of Europe. And Turkey is part of both Europe and Asia. But then if you had read your own source, you would have seen that the European part of Turkey is not part of the Middle East.

Once again your own source refuted that the European part of Turkey is not part of the Middle East and if you check my previous posts you will see that I already said this:

" The one country that is partially European had its European part excluded. From your list."

Now back to Cyprus, do you know the difference between being politically part of a continent and geographically part? The northern part of the island is not part of Europe. It is part of Asia since it is under Turkish control and only a small section of Turkey, and that part does not include the island of Cyprus, is considered European. So the part of Cyprus that is not "European" is the part that is closest to Europe and the part that is further away from Europe is a member of the European union. That means it is only politically part of Europe and not geographically part of the continent.

You are still wrong. The Mideast is Asian and African.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#119191 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should do some research before you run your mouth and call someone a liar. that seems to be a big problem for you. use your brain first and your mouth later.
Once again you moron, I did not call you a liar. I called you an idiot. Your own sources disagreed with you.

Or are you still trying to defend your idiotic claim about the Middle East?
Subliminal

Los Angeles, CA

#119192 Jul 30, 2014
Subliminal wrote:
Chris Tolles, Topix CEO, Doesn't Get It | Hartford Courant ...
www.courantalumni.org/2010/02/12/chris-tolles...
Feb 12, 2010 - This is classic Chris Tolles, CEO of the infamous Topix comment boards. Rather than take heed of the shot fired over his bow, he accuses the ...
You've visited this page 4 times. Last visit: 7/29/14
THIS SITE IS BLOCKED
6:52 AM pst
I can't use my profile anymore. but it doesn't matter. It's this website itself that is the observatory and it has spotted something that should not exist. I've seen this something before, but now I have enough information to prove it exists. Not gonna bother with that because it really would not matter to most people on a personal level. " IT " May be God or " IT " maybe something to warn people away from. Maybe BOTH.
I have placed one message on one forum that alludes to this - The Cornerstone needs only one single inscription on one side.
Bless YOU ALL
Be Kind Be Safe

Level 9

Everett, WA

#119193 Jul 30, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
turkey and cyprus.are european countries. that are included in the middle east geological area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereig...
as i said PART of three continents make up the middle east. they are as follows. Europe, Africa, and Asia
i can't believe you don't even know grade school geography but claim to know science. being such an idiot and lying so much, how do you even look at yourself in the mirror? i am beginning to think this roommate you have is actually your caretaker. LMMFAO
I see that you are still trying to defend your idiotic statement.

And if you want to use the term "geological" then Cyprus is definitely not part of Europe. But then neither is Iceland. The inclusion of Cyprus as part of "Europe" is only a political inclusion. It is not a geographical one. It would be tantamount to calling Hawaii North American since it is part of the United States. And once again, Turkey is mostly Asian. Your own source specifically said that the European part of Turkey is not part of the Middle East.

Once again you have been hoisted by your own petard.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119194 Jul 30, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If such a thing were to exist, fact is that no-one on the planet does.
But apparently Bozo has found the secret!
So any time now you're gonna be able to **demonstrate** that you are capable of understanding the Divine better than us mean old evo's, right?
Preferably BEFORE we meet our maker.
ahh,.... the homicidally stupid fool has begun trolling.No human being can possibly understand God. I didn't say I understood God, you said that, because you were,...what for it,.....

Lying!

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119195 Jul 30, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand that drowning the world is genocide. What part of that don't you get? Then there is the matter of first born of Egypt.
Make a mental picture of who and what God is,...now , THAT is not God! No human being has the capacity to grasp the entirety of God. There are a few who claim the ability to judge God on what he's done, like you. Please, explain how, you, can accurately judge the creator of heaven and earth, based on your gnat like span of time .
Subliminal

Los Angeles, CA

#119196 Jul 30, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh,.... the homicidally stupid fool has begun trolling.No human being can possibly understand God. I didn't say I understood God, you said that, because you were,...what for it,.....
Lying!
;D
Subliminal

Los Angeles, CA

#119197 Jul 30, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Make a mental picture of who and what God is,...now , THAT is not God! No human being has the capacity to grasp the entirety of God. There are a few who claim the ability to judge God on what he's done, like you. Please, explain how, you, can accurately judge the creator of heaven and earth, based on your gnat like span of time .
;D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min 8541 MARINE 55,702
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 4 min andet1987 3,891
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 5 min ImFree2Choose 34,581
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Dont_You_Dare 189,361
In 2182, earth will be hit by very large asteroid 8 min andet1987 15
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 8 min Athena18 59,101
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Athena18 43,801
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 42 min Spotted Girl 1,806
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Jay Z 17,148
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 144,150