Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118876 Jul 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
... Yes, anything can be argued.
And then listen to what you wrote:
DanFromSmithville wrote:
That hardly means that you have shown any way to support the existence of God...
But it does mean that it doesnt even matter if I were to show an effective way to support the existence of God!!!!!!!!!!

You will argue it any way you want to.

EVEN IF GOD HIMSELF WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU IN A HUMAN FORM OR WHATEVER FORM YOU COULD PERCEIVE; YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ARGUE AROUND IT.

Location hidden

#118877 Jul 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is simply a lack of belief in god or gods. It is not a statement that there are no gods.
Agnosticism is a lack of knowledge about gods. It does not imply that gods exist or don't exist.
The statement "there are no gods" is usually used by anti-theists. They are against the concept of god. You are over 99% atheist. It is easy to prove. All I have to do is to ask you the name of 99 gods that you probably do not believe in, heck let's make it one hundred to be sure.
For example do you believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster? Thor? Zeus? Apollo? If you say no to these four you are well on your way to being an atheist.
Well, isnt that interesting?

So when I say that I believe in the God that is the Almighty; what is your problem?

And why is it that it is unlikely that an "almighty" could have "inspired" the generation of the universe?

And how is it not possible to observe that there is an almighty influence active at any time?

Location hidden

#118878 Jul 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only your opinion. Very few Christians have that interpretation of it. They usually tend to take it literally or treat it as the myth that it is.
Thats your opinion of their opinion and my opinion.
Subduction Zone wrote:
Are you trying to say it is a fairy tale with a moral?
No. I am never saying that.

Location hidden

#118879 Jul 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is a face palmingly stupid response on your part. And dishonest as well.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Location hidden

#118880 Jul 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. You haven't shown anything that is all that fantastic on an intellectual level and you rant and behave like an angry adolescent.
Your claims are different than scientific claims, because scientific claims provide supporting evidence. The more you are questioned, the more you rant.
Do scientific claims provide evidence for why evidence is supportive?

Suppose an element or subject is true, i.e. absolute/eternal: What evidence would support the claim that it is eternal (or not eternal)?

Or what would be evidence for any eternal subject?

Since mankind is by no means eternal; THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SHADOW OF DOUBT AS TO WHETHER THE SUBJECT IN QUESTION IS ETERNAL, EVEN WHILE WE ARE EXPERIENCING IT.

Evidence may be misinterpreted, though it may enable some degree of accuracy; for evidence can effectively be falsified.

So what is it that allows you to know that anything is what it is? Evidence?

LOL!!!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118881 Jul 25, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats your opinion of their opinion and my opinion.
<quoted text>
No. I am never saying that.
No, it is a fact. It can be show that most Christians know that the book of Genesis is a myth.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118882 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
So when I say that I believe in the God that is the Almighty; what is your problem?
And why is it that it is unlikely that an "almighty" could have "inspired" the generation of the universe?
And how is it not possible to observe that there is an almighty influence active at any time?
I have no problem if you keep your idiocy to yourself. It is when your kind tries to harm others by spreading your idiocy.

Location hidden

#118883 Jul 25, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
..."Does the concept of infinite regress indeed suggest that the existence of Creator as we know it is improbable?"
YOU tell, a creator existing is YOUR claim.
See?
Your "infinite regress" only hides your bad reasoning capacities: it inevitably leads - again - to shifting the burden of proof.
Dodge-ball?
Absolute crap.

The the infinite possesses an attribute which allows mankind to deduce its nature by logic.

It is natural logic and an obvious implication, that that which is assumed to be the "Creator of ALL" must be assumed to possess infinite potential.

There is no need to be playing ping-pong with the burden of proof.

Either a thing is or it not.

And that which is is related to logic by equality; as that which physically is, is connected to that which was (and connection is defined by equality, the point where two thing become one). Furthermore logic is determined by equality between ideas.

Hence logic is naturally able to describe whatever is.
TurkanaBoy wrote:
I have A BUNCH of questions left unanswered by you.
For instance, the post I will produce next after this one.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Location hidden

#118884 Jul 25, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
...Hence, AGAIN:
Actually I agree on Dude's representation of "god": he never shows up ("invisible"), it is a Jewish deity of origin ("Jewish") and he performs all kinds of wonders that under the regime of normal natural laws can't and won't happen ("wizard").
Hence, the correct questions here are:

1) why are we wrong then on this representation?
2) where can we find the correct representation?
3) why is that representation correct? How may we trust on that?
4) consequently, what is the evidence for the god according to that representation?
Actually, Dude DID describe the nature of the God for which there is no evidence, "invisible Jewish wizard". Hence I do not even know why you posed that request.
AND NOW YOUR ANSWERS PLEASE.
1) You are wrong at the point where he does show up, through representations and his influence on the world and reality in general.

2) By actually reading the Bible, at least the descriptions of God communicated by Jesu/s; you would know how to identify representations of God to begin with.

3) That representation is correct to the degree that it is logical. Only logic can bring us to truth, as there is always a way to argue around any evidence.

Dude's invisible Jewish wizard may or may not exist in reality; but we cannot deny that he strongly believes in it.

Why else would it recur in his mind so often; impressing itself upon his thought? Because it has the potential to affect matter and energy (in the form of the Dude)?

Location hidden

#118885 Jul 25, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. It is better to say no contemporary accounts are known to exist.
Where is the contemporary evidence for the existence of Truth?

Location hidden

#118886 Jul 25, 2014
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we wouldn't waste time presenting evidence we already know you'd ignore.
Evolution is the best explanation we have for the diversity of life on Earth. Magic may be the best explanation for the diversity of life on some other planet but not this one.
Magic is the best explanation we have for the diversity of life on this planet also, but we wouldn't waste time presenting evidence we already know you'd ignore.

Not even Richard Dawkins can deny it.

Notice he wrote "The Magic of Evolution"?

It is simply magical, whether you call it evolution of magic.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118887 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Magic is the best explanation we have for the diversity of life on this planet also, but we wouldn't waste time presenting evidence we already know you'd ignore.
Typical creatard. You have no idea when someone is being literal and when someone is making a poetic statement.

Location hidden

#118888 Jul 25, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has an interpretation of the Bible, and they are just that - interpretations.
Science has an interpretation of reality, and they are just that - interpretations.
JM_Brazil wrote:
No one knows what the original authors actually wanted to portray in their writings. Not you, not us, we all take from reading the Bible what we want to understand. "Prove it's fact, Prove it's not" - that will get us nowhere. It's an overall consensus that the Bible was translated poorly thus leading to the possibility that it's interpretations are not actually sound or factual. Could it be a possibility - and I ask this with an open mind, that what we read today is not actually what the original authors wanted to portray when they penned the original version? Could it be that the original authors only meant the Bible to be a book of fables that, over time were taken too literally by latter interpreters and...
The Bible, and all text of a "spiritual" nature are irrelevant to the discussion.

The Bible may have been translated poorly, but its subject may be considered independently of the Bible.

The only reference necessary to be made to the Bible is to identify the assumed properties if the subject in question.

Yet, the stories in the Bible whether fables or not will allow us to do one thing: they will allow us to compare the behavior of the subject with the responses of the elements the subject influences at least contextually.

While the behavior of the subject is contrary to the behavior of the elements it influences, we will be able to know whether or not there is truth or falsehood in the accounts regarding the subject.
JM_Brazil wrote:
I don't want to say fabricated, because they may have sincerely believed the writings to be fact, rather misunderstood? I ask you this assuming that you are an intellectual; some of the posts you have made make sense. Please, in all honesty of what you believe and in your true opinion,, could this be a possibility?
What ever the mind conceives of is a fabrication; whether it is scientific or religious.

The real question is; how accurately does the fabrication express the reality which induced/caused it?

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#118890 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
And then listen to what you wrote:
<quoted text>
But it does mean that it doesnt even matter if I were to show an effective way to support the existence of God!!!!!!!!!!
You will argue it any way you want to.
EVEN IF GOD HIMSELF WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU IN A HUMAN FORM OR WHATEVER FORM YOU COULD PERCEIVE; YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ARGUE AROUND IT.
Clearly I have caused you a great deal of distress. Good.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#118891 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Science has an interpretation of reality, and they are just that - interpretations.
<quoted text>
The Bible, and all text of a "spiritual" nature are irrelevant to the discussion.
The Bible may have been translated poorly, but its subject may be considered independently of the Bible.
The only reference necessary to be made to the Bible is to identify the assumed properties if the subject in question.
Yet, the stories in the Bible whether fables or not will allow us to do one thing: they will allow us to compare the behavior of the subject with the responses of the elements the subject influences at least contextually.
While the behavior of the subject is contrary to the behavior of the elements it influences, we will be able to know whether or not there is truth or falsehood in the accounts regarding the subject.
<quoted text>
What ever the mind conceives of is a fabrication; whether it is scientific or religious.
The real question is; how accurately does the fabrication express the reality which induced/caused it?
Does anyone understand what this old woman is saying?

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#118892 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Stupidity is the best explanation for the dearth of thought and knowledge in that thing on your shoulders, but we wouldn't waste time presenting you with evidence you don't understand. We will just laugh.
Not even Louis CK can deny it.
Notice you are nuts. Simply nuts. You can't deny it.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#118893 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Absolute crap.
I accept your confession my child. It is correct and true.

Location hidden

#118894 Jul 25, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It will take a bit of reading on your part, but Wiki has a decent synopsis....and the references that back up the body of the article -- if you should care to pursue MORE information -- are a bonus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_relia...
What do you know of the reliability of history?

You like to take reading huh?

Take this:

"...it is impossible to be entirely historically accurate. Full stop. " [http://historyboots.wordpress .com/2013/04/10/what-is-histor ical-accuracy/]

SO YOU FOUND:

"W. D. Davies and E. P. Sanders state that: "on many points, especially about Jesus’ early life, the evangelists were ignorant … they simply did not know and, guided by rumour, hope or supposition, did the best they could".[WIKIPEDIA.COM]

... and got all excited?

Well guess how much of today's "authentic" history was "guided by rumour, hope or supposition, did the best they could".?

Take a wild guess.

LOL!

Location hidden

#118895 Jul 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were going for an utterly baseless conclusion I would call the Bible "the divinely inspired Word of God".
And I would bet that if I were to ask you what any of those words mean (divinely, inspired, Word and God), it would have nothing to do with what the Bible actually implies.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#118896 Jul 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Hand of God. Give him a big round of applause will you. On August 1st the Hand will be opening for Slayer in Wacken, Germany.

That'll do pig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 159,750
Who doesn't have a Topix crush? (Apr '13) 14 min David0407 401
Write cities alfabetically (tell the country/st... (Sep '11) 18 min wichita-rick 2,457
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 20 min ellaquent 78,501
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 24 min Crazy Jae 7,547
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 28 min say it aint so 28,125
Word Association. (Nov '10) 31 min Mega Monster 17,209
News 15 Weird Weight-Loss Tricks That Work 1 hr wichita-rick 6
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 8,090
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,002
More from around the web