Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118964 Jul 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this post of yours before or after I posted this:
"First off to call them errors in the bible you have to show that the bible was/is 100% accurately translated. When you show me that then we will discuss any errors there may be. For all you really know the errors could be in the translations of the bible.
How many different versions of the Bible are there? Dozens in English alone! Probably thousands worldwide. Here is a list of most of the English versions:
New International Version,
New Living Translation,
English Standard Version,
New American Standard Bible,
King James Bible,
Holman Christian Standard Bible,
International Standard Version,
NET Bible,
Aramaic Bible in Plain English,
GOD'S WORDŽ Translation,
Jubilee Bible 2000,
King James 2000 Bible,
American King James Version,
American Standard Version,
Douay-Rheims Bible,
Darby Bible Translation,
English Revised Version,
Webster's Bible Translation,
World English Bible,
Young's Literal Translation,
Whew!! Which one do you think is closely translated correctly in the English versions then we will get down to the thousands of world translated versions.
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/10-12.htm
Yep this post of yours was after. You are the one that changed it all. Try again retard.
It does not matter.

I explained to you why your demand for 100% accuracy was ridiculous. Quite trying to change the subject. I did not "change" it. I corrected it. You still claimed that they vary greatly. Prove your claim. I am not doing your homework for you. You made the claim it is up to you to defend it.

Failure number 8.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118965 Jul 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You only looked at one verse that i showed you. Go read more from many and get back with me. I am not going to walk beside you and guide you through each one. Do some research of your own you lazy idiot.
That is because I am not doing your work for you. You made the claim it is up to you to defend it.

Do you realize exactly how idiotic your demand that I go and look for these differences that I do not believe is? Probably not. Your idiocy is legend here.

And that is now 9 failures for you.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#118966 Jul 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It does not matter.
I explained to you why your demand for 100% accuracy was ridiculous. Quite trying to change the subject. I did not "change" it. I corrected it. You still claimed that they vary greatly. Prove your claim. I am not doing your homework for you. You made the claim it is up to you to defend it.
Failure number 8.
Cop out chickenshyt idiot. That is why is does not matter to you because you know you are wrong as usual. LMFAO

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#118967 Jul 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because I am not doing your work for you. You made the claim it is up to you to defend it.
Do you realize exactly how idiotic your demand that I go and look for these differences that I do not believe is? Probably not. Your idiocy is legend here.
And that is now 9 failures for you.
9 failures for me! Is that all? I stopped counting yours after you hit 100 and that was a while back. LOL

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118969 Jul 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence God is a myth. If we can take a book written by man and then say something is a myth, then science is in trouble because older books show science is full of BS on many occasions! How does it feel to be a evolution proto-type just waiting to die with no meaning in life and nothing to look forward to?
Genesis has no more credibility than the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse et al gods, yet will you hesitate to call any and all of those mythical?
>Wanting to feel<
that you have an elaborately choreographed religious meaning to life and a heavenly bliss to look forward to is a pretty shallow foundation from which to loftily accuse others of delusion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118970 Jul 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop out chickenshyt idiot. That is why is does not matter to you because you know you are wrong as usual. LMFAO
Not a cop out you utter imbecile. You made an idiotic claim. It is up to you to defend it.

If I was wrong it would be easy for you to show that I was wrong.

Failure number 10.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118971 Jul 26, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
9 failures for me! Is that all? I stopped counting yours after you hit 100 and that was a while back. LOL
Nope, now you are up to eleven. And on such a small subject.

And you have not been able to show one failure of mine. This one single small idiotic claim that you have made. Instead of being a man and admitting that you were wrong you continue to paint yourself as a clown for the whole world to see.

You made the statement that is being challenged. It is up to you, not to me, to defend your idiocy.

So moron, what are these great differences between translations. That was your claim.

What a complete buttwad.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#118975 Jul 26, 2014
STILL at it..FREAKIN'..Scientists. WHAT??

Your Lab Rat Escaped his MAZE??
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#118976 Jul 27, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
STILL at it..FREAKIN'..Scientists. WHAT??
Your Lab Rat Escaped his MAZE??
Yep, we're still hard at it. Still don't see any RatAlope mutations coming from their side either....;)
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118977 Jul 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
We are seeing the fruits of genetic research and there will be more, but... You must not remember the controversy around The Pill. Just on the grounds of religious ethics alone, the concept of genetically modified humans will be a near impassable obstacle for implementation.
I think its Inevitable that genetic engineering will be used to alter the human genome. The potential benefits in medicine alone are impossible to ignore. There will also probably be attempts to engineer better athletes, soldiers, scientists, ect, which is why it should be tightly regulated by governments all over the world.

You can buy genes online now to study how they work when inserted into a genome. Not only genes that have evolved naturally but engineered genes that never existed in nature.

https://www.gen9bio.com/why-gen9/price/

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118978 Jul 27, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
First off to call them errors in the bible you have to show that the bible was/is 100% accurately translated. When you show me that then we will discuss any errors there may be. For all you really know the errors could be in the translations of the bible.
If you translate an error correctly, it is still an error. If you intentionally reword, re-interpret and erroneously translate from an original so that you can say it's accurate, you are dishonest.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#118979 Jul 27, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, we're still hard at it. Still don't see any RatAlope mutations coming from their side either....;)
We have Jackalope here in Texas :) No season or limit on them either. They are as bad as our hog problem :)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118980 Jul 27, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its Inevitable that genetic engineering will be used to alter the human genome. The potential benefits in medicine alone are impossible to ignore. There will also probably be attempts to engineer better athletes, soldiers, scientists, ect, which is why it should be tightly regulated by governments all over the world.
You can buy genes online now to study how they work when inserted into a genome. Not only genes that have evolved naturally but engineered genes that never existed in nature.
https://www.gen9bio.com/why-gen9/price/
I understand your point and it is true that no one in 1900 would have predicted the world of 1950. Time will tell. At this moment, it is considered ethically and morally unacceptable to tinker with the human genome to produce a genetically modified "custom" human. Personally, I don't see that changing in the near future to the degree you speculate. In a side issue, there might well come a time when patents for your own sequences or those you wish/need for your offspring are owned by corporations.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque, NM

#118981 Jul 27, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so since science re-writes the books every few years it is better than a book that has not been re-written in 4500+ years? Did you ever think that it does not need re-written because it is not wrong, but needs to be better understood?
In your quest for 'understanding' let's start with the fact that the oldest books of the Hebrew Bible were written no more than 2800 years ago.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#118982 Jul 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> We have Jackalope here in Texas :) No season or limit on them either. They are as bad as our hog problem :)
Yeah, there's only one thing that would be worse than them pesky rascals, and that would be a BIG ugly Ratalope.:-)
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118983 Jul 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your point and it is true that no one in 1900 would have predicted the world of 1950. Time will tell. At this moment, it is considered ethically and morally unacceptable to tinker with the human genome to produce a genetically modified "custom" human. Personally, I don't see that changing in the near future to the degree you speculate. In a side issue, there might well come a time when patents for your own sequences or those you wish/need for your offspring are owned by corporations.
It's illegal in many countries to alter the human genome (if those changes will passed to offspring) for good reason, because not enough has been learned about how genes function. But there are thousands if not millions of scientists working in genetics and they are learning more every day. I don't think it's a matter of "if" but "when". The advances being made in computing also helps the genetic engineering field
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118984 Jul 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>there might well come a time when patents for your own sequences or those you wish/need for your offspring are owned by corporations.
I don't think naturally occurring genes can be patented but genetically engineered genes can? Probably still a grey area of law

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#118985 Jul 27, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think naturally occurring genes can be patented but genetically engineered genes can? Probably still a grey area of law
You can't patent someone else's DNA, the process for extracting and splicing it can be. If some is artificial , that could be patented.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118986 Jul 27, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many patented pharmaceuticals that were discovered in naturally occurring sources.
The tomato plant can't be patented but a strain of tomato plant that was produced simply by cross pollination can. Any unique describable set or string might be subject to intellectual property laws.
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118987 Jul 27, 2014
The US supreme court has ruled unanimously that natural human genes cannot be patented, a decision that scientists and civil rights campaigners said removed a major barrier to patient care and medical innovation.

The court on Thursday held that human DNA was a "product of nature", a basic tool of scientific and technological work, thereby placing it beyond the domain of patent protection. It struck down patents held by Myriad Genetics Inc, a Utah company, on two genes linked to a higher risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

But it also said that synthetic genetic material could be patented, in a mixed ruling for the biotechnology industry, which has argued that patents are necessary to recoup the billions of dollars it spends on research.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2013/jun/13/su...

Probably still a lot of laws that need to be passed regulating genetic engineering

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#Things You DON'T Want To Hear# (Aug '17) 6 min Law Abider 734
Anyone awake, and want to talk (Jul '09) 12 min Law Abider 603
True False Game (Jun '11) 14 min Law Abider 16,617
The color purple (Jun '14) 29 min Suezanne 116
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 30 min Suezanne 6,961
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 39 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,506
A six word game (Dec '08) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 21,476
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 1 hr The Art of the Co... 1,106
all songs with the word "don't in their ... (Jan '16) 6 hr night machine 156