Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#118790 Jul 23, 2014
Bill wrote:
Here's an interesting article from national geographic.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/...
Agreed! Very interesting indeed!

There's was a similar 'bog people' discovery not too far from me in Orlando.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/americas...

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118791 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Crap. No evidence of English origin in Denmark and Germany, since the same kinsfolk went to Britain, and renamed their new settled land, England, and their language to date, is English and not Danish or German, like their folks in Northern Europe, who were absorbed.
"No evidence of English in Denmark."
??????????
If you are not able to talk sensible and produce reasonable arguments, don't post me again please. I am fed up with your caboodle, baloney, chatter, rattle, blab, rot, jaw, gab, babble, twaddle, prattle, tattle, cackle, burble, cackle, squawk, cluck, dodge, duck, grunt, burp, hodgepodge, fart, troll, turd, prut, yadda, yadda, yadda…

Some good old English words that describe the constant ongoing crap you produce and many of them even originating from the Anglo-Saxon spoken in Denmark and northern Germany at the times before the Angles, Saxons and Jutes migrated to England.

the Earth Clod

#118792 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that does not disprove the creator. Try another road. And again, German is not the largest ethnic group in the US, if it is German, it would have been the major language in the US, but not. Wake up.
I am not to disprove the creator.
YOU are to prove the creator.
WHY should I disprove something for which there has been provided NO evidence WHATSOEVER in the first place?
What FOOL would do THAT?

the Earth Clod

#118793 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that does not disprove the creator. Try another road. And again, German is not the largest ethnic group in the US, if it is German, it would have been the major language in the US, but not. Wake up.
Why do you have EVERYTHING wrong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA#Population , I quote: "The United States has a very diverse population—31 ancestry groups have more than one million members.[172] German Americans are the largest ethnic group (more than 50 million)- followed by Irish Americans (circa 35 million), Mexican Americans (circa 31 million) and English Americans (circa 27 million)". the sources referred to are the US census of 2009.

I think you should meditate a bit on the reason why you've got everything wrong.

the Earth Clod

#118794 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
This priceless example of creationist's reasoning alone:
1) "German is not the largest ethnic group in the US" - ignorance because Germans ARE the largest ethnic group in the USA - according to the US 2009 census;
2) "if it is German, it would have been the major language in the US, but not" - here is a list of Americans of German ancestry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_A... . WHAT language are they speaking in daily life, do you think?
3) and of course, the most priceless one: "Wake up". ROFLMAO!!!!

You are producing a constant stream of brainfarts, breathtakingly scatterbrained word strains full of abysmal spaghetti.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118796 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
??????????
If you are not able to talk sensible and produce reasonable arguments,
don't post me again please. I am fed up with your caboodle, baloney,
chatter, rattle, blab, rot, jaw, gab, babble, twaddle, prattle, tattle,
cackle, burble, cackle, squawk, cluck, dodge, duck, grunt, burp,
hodgepodge, fart, troll, turd, prut, yadda, yadda, yadda…
Some good old English words that describe the constant ongoing crap you
produce and many of them even originating from the Anglo-Saxon spoken in
Denmark and northern Germany at the times before the Angles, Saxons and
Jutes migrated to England.
Point of correction, there was no England before the tribes set their foot on Britain. England was named after them by them. Understand that. Those in mainland Europe were later absorbed to become other people. So, ascribing the origin to an area where there is no firm evidence is wrong.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118797 Jul 23, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Very interesting indeed!
There's was a similar 'bog people' discovery not too far from me in Orlando.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/americas...
Cool! I didn't know about Windover and its just up the road. Funny that I was just reading about bog people yesterday for some reason.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118798 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
??????????
Yes, there is no evidence, but evidence based on history. Can you show me any real evidence of English in Denmark and Germany? None, but only history. Why? Because those Germanic tribes over there have been absorbed to become Germans and Danish, and more over, there was nothing like Germany or Denmark then.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118799 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
??????????
And lastly, until you understand this, Anglo Saxons are also known as the English, so, therefore, Anglo saxons words are English, that is why, whether old, middle or modern, it was and is still known as English. So so called Denmark and Germany were later absorbed to become Danish and Germans.

the Earth Clod

#118800 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Point of correction, there was no England before the tribes set their foot on Britain. England was named after them by them. Understand that. Those in mainland Europe were later absorbed to become other people. So, ascribing the origin to an area where there is no firm evidence is wrong.
Irrelevant for the 100th time, we are talking here about the origin of the English language and NOT about the name of the island itself.

Irrelevant tattle.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118801 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not to disprove the creator.
YOU are to prove the creator.
WHY should I disprove something for which there has been provided NO evidence WHATSOEVER in the first place?
What FOOL would do THAT?
Because you can not disprove the creator. Do you even know what is going to happen to you or any one tomorrow? None. But that tomorrow must come, because it is already planned. Guessing and what have you, can never disprove a creator, because he truly exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118802 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have EVERYTHING wrong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA#Population , I quote: "The United States
has a very diverse population—31 ancestry groups have more than one
million members.[172] German Americans are the largest ethnic group
(more than 50 million)- followed by Irish Americans (circa 35 million),
Mexican Americans (circa 31 million) and English Americans (circa 27
million)". the sources referred to are the US census of 2009.
I think you should meditate a bit on the reason why you've got
everything wrong.
And yet the major language remain English. Why not German? Were they absorbed by the English population? Get this, there are many people of English origin or partly who prefer the title, " American".
Get that, the largest ethnic group, is English. The evidence is there to date.

the Earth Clod

#118803 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, until you understand this, Anglo Saxons are also known as the English, so, therefore, Anglo saxons words are English, that is why, whether old, middle or modern, it was and is still known as English. So so called Denmark and Germany were later absorbed to become Danish and Germans.
NOT addressing the things I said about it AGAIN, just continuing the crap by copycatting your own rubbish.

The English language, like all Germanic languages, originates from the areas of modern Denmark and northern Germany.

And you can continue copycatting your tattles and baloney whatever you like but it does not change the fact that the Germanic languages originate from Denmark and northern Germany.
And English happens to be among those (apart from the huge influences of French, Latin and other sources of course). And the French and Latin parts of the linguistic inheritance of English originate from a small area around Rome, called Latium, nowadays Lazio.

Anglo-Saxon words not only made it in English but also in German, even MORE than in English. Pertaining vocabulary, modern German is FAR MORE "Anglo-Saxon" than English. Like Dutch. Or Danish to a high extent. And Frisian not to forget.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118805 Jul 23, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant for the 100th time, we are talking here about the origin of
the English language and NOT about the name of the island itself.
Irrelevant tattle.
Irrelevant. I have showed it also to you the 100th time why you are wrong. We don't need stories, but real evidence and that is seen in England to date.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#118806 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet the major language remain English. Why not German? Were they absorbed by the English population? Get this, there are many people of English origin or partly who prefer the title, " American".
Get that, the largest ethnic group, is English. The evidence is there to date.

Charles, your idiot logic is just making you appear to be an ass.

Grow up and grow out of the concrete operational phase. Grown-up need to master abstract thinking.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#118807 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irrelevant. I have showed it also to you the 100th time why you are wrong. We don't need stories, but real evidence and that is seen in England to date.

No, you are the wrong one. Your thinking reflects a limited cognitive ability.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#118808 Jul 23, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, until you understand this, Anglo Saxons are also known as the English, so, therefore, Anglo saxons words are English, that is why, whether old, middle or modern, it was and is still known as English. So so called Denmark and Germany were later absorbed to become Danish and Germans.

No. English is derived mainly from German. Therefore the Germans are the rightful owner of the English language.

They want you to start paying 100 euros per word for writing in their language.

You currently owe Germany 50,000,000 euros. If you send the money directly to me I think I can get them to settle for 10% of that. You can thank me after your check clears.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118809 Jul 24, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT addressing the things I said about it AGAIN, just continuing the crap by copycatting your own rubbish.
The English language, like all Germanic languages, originates from the areas of modern Denmark and northern Germany.
And you can continue copycatting your tattles and baloney whatever you like but it does not change the fact that the Germanic languages originate from Denmark and northern Germany.
And English happens to be among those (apart from the huge influences of French, Latin and other sources of course). And the French and Latin parts of the linguistic inheritance of English originate from a small area around Rome, called Latium, nowadays Lazio.
Anglo-Saxon words not only made it in English but also in German, even MORE than in English. Pertaining vocabulary, modern German is FAR MORE "Anglo-Saxon" than English. Like Dutch. Or Danish to a high extent. And Frisian not to forget.
Copycatting who? You? Lol
The internet and the library are open to all. Don' t use that
stupid word again.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118810 Jul 24, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, your idiot logic is just making you appear to be an ass.
Grow up and grow out of the concrete operational phase. Grown-up need to master abstract thinking.
In summary to your garbage, there was an undercount in that 2009 census survey. Do your findings.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118811 Jul 24, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are the wrong one. Your thinking reflects a limited cognitive ability.
What i said was true. Contest it. No evidence of English in Denmark and Germany, but evidence based on history, but that evidence is visibly seen in England to date.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 161,389
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Princess Hey 78,889
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 14 min Princess Hey 3,154
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 17 min Princess Hey 7,994
News Freak lawnmower accident shoots wire through ma... 19 min wichita-rick 10
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 20 min Princess Hey 9,749
News Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fr... 21 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 1
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 36 min Lord Satan 8,336
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 55 min El Gato 104
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr Mega Monster 550
More from around the web