Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197493 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#118857 Jul 25, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say its being done now to the extent that current technology and knowledge will allow. The FDA has a ban on genetically modifying a human embryo, but it's there is no criminal penalty.
Modifications on Human Specie ...

THE FDA?

I know for the best quality meat...

And oh yeah and God bless off spring...I jumped I think maybe you could you say that and FDA and food issues it's much to taste..

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#118858 Jul 25, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a dumb argument to make. Nothing stopping you from having sex with a woman just because it won't result in a baby.
One would hope that when Baby is a Topic that love is felt at least...Love should be felt anyway...

I suppose love for sex above the character a real...while some are still deciphering what and how to feel and finding the Busy for freak was already a present...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#118859 Jul 25, 2014
Bill wrote:
“New analyses of the human genome have established that human evolution has been recent, copious, and regional"
According to this, rapid evolution in Europe (mostly England) in the last 1000 years has led to the industrial revolution and modern technological advances. I would argue that this was not truly evolution but mostly selective breeding. If this led to the industrial revolution, it was obviously very successful. However I would caution against putting too much stock into this. While research in the human genome is very important, DNA sequencing is still an imperfect science and gene funtion is poorly understood. Also this seems to be leading down the same dead end road of racial superiority that germany took. I am certain that all the major races have evolved unique traits that confer an evolutionary advantage.
This is informative. Thanks.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118860 Jul 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
BWHAHAHAHA If you knew any English I would argue with you.
Functional illiterates are not worth my time.
Unfortunately, you are IDIOT. Too bad.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118861 Jul 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You don't understand the logic. You are concrete operational and are not intelligent enough to understand.
Stop the grammar, and challenge what i said. There was no Germany or Denmark then, when the Germans came they spoke a Germanic language called German, the Danes spoke Danish, while the English spoke English to this very day.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118862 Jul 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Germany owns English. Pay me what you owe.
And yet they are not English by every right. You can see the stupidity of your post. Any thing English, pertains to England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#118863 Jul 25, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
BWHAHAHAHA If you knew any English I would argue with you.
Functional illiterates are not worth my time.
Unfortunately, you are the IDIOT. Too bad. You don' t have any useful time.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#118864 Jul 25, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a dumb argument to make. Nothing stopping you from having sex with a woman just because it won't result in a baby.
Being able to order a baby to specifications won't stop people from having sex to produce them either. Evolution made it something you want to do, so life will keep ....um... being alive. Procreation is a necessary function, no amount of promises of perfect babies grown in a test tube will change this.
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118865 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Being able to order a baby to specifications won't stop people from having sex to produce them either. Evolution made it something you want to do, so life will keep ....um... being alive. Procreation is a necessary function, no amount of promises of perfect babies grown in a test tube will change this.
Yeah I agree. I said you would be able to pick your babies genes in the near future but I'm not an expert, just base that on the rapid advances they have made. They definitely shouldn't do it until its proven safe. Probably start with trying to fix birth defects. UK may start doing that now, I'll look up the article. This is pretty minor and should be safe.-

the UK government began the process of changing the law to allow ‘mitochondrial DNA transfer

Under the technique, parents at high risk of having children with severe disabilities such as muscular dystrophy will be offered donor DNA to mend genetic flaws.

Doctors would remove the nucleus from a donor egg and replace it with genetic material from the mother's egg, either before or after fertilisation by the father. The resulting egg could be implanted using IVF techniques.

Human rights groups have said allowing the technique would breach European law which states that the human genome cannot be altered if the changes would be passed on to future generations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
Bill

Owensboro, KY

#118866 Jul 25, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Modifications on Human Specie ...
THE FDA?
I know for the best quality meat...
And oh yeah and God bless off spring...I jumped I think maybe you could you say that and FDA and food issues it's much to taste..
I guess it would fall under the drug part of FDA an be considered a medical procedure

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118867 Jul 25, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, you are the IDIOT. Too bad. You don' t have any useful time.
"Unfortunately, you are IDIOT. Too bad." - C. Idemi

"To thine own self be true." - Hamlet

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118868 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Being able to order a baby to specifications won't stop people from having sex to produce them either. Evolution made it something you want to do, so life will keep ....um... being alive. Procreation is a necessary function, no amount of promises of perfect babies grown in a test tube will change this.
It is within the realm of possibility to end hunger and wars. Being within the realm of possibility does not mean it is or will be.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#118869 Jul 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is within the realm of possibility to end hunger and wars. Being within the realm of possibility does not mean it is or will be.
It sounds alot like eugenics and an attempt to create the master race or super beings. The ability to pre cure diseases sounds good, bit the guise leaves too much to be corrupted. Remember the doctor who did something of the same thing with infertile couples, but inseminated a whole town of women with his own semen?
Then there was Mengles children, the Hitler youth children etc....

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118870 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It sounds alot like eugenics and an attempt to create the master race or super beings. The ability to pre cure diseases sounds good, bit the guise leaves too much to be corrupted. Remember the doctor who did something of the same thing with infertile couples, but inseminated a whole town of women with his own semen?
Then there was Mengles children, the Hitler youth children etc....
I agree that there are cases of GM being beneficial which would not fall into the category of creating a custom human, as was proposed. Still, if a hereditary disease or birth defect can be prevented, there are still those who will scream "them scientist people is playing God with our babies!"

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#118871 Jul 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there are cases of GM being beneficial which would not fall into the category of creating a custom human, as was proposed. Still, if a hereditary disease or birth defect can be prevented, there are still those who will scream "them scientist people is playing God with our babies!"
I'm all for it helping, but the down sides are huge.
Another problem would arise from this, and humans not genetically engineered, could be labeled inferior. Khan comes to mind, though we could even go to the island of Dr. Moreau with this technology. We already are faced with DNA profiling, I suppose it's inevitable though, we will be forced to such measures, or become slaves to our own creations.
Cybernetics and engineered humans are destined to be pieced together, to create super humans.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Will Prevail

#118872 Jul 25, 2014
Xmen forever! lol
Stanley

Edmonton, Canada

#118873 Jul 25, 2014
Lol

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#118874 Jul 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for it helping, but the down sides are huge.
Another problem would arise from this, and humans not genetically engineered, could be labeled inferior. Khan comes to mind, though we could even go to the island of Dr. Moreau with this technology. We already are faced with DNA profiling, I suppose it's inevitable though, we will be forced to such measures, or become slaves to our own creations.
Cybernetics and engineered humans are destined to be pieced together, to create super humans.
...screwing up a fix for hemophilia, getting spanked by our superior cyborg offspring and annoying the Westboro folks with test tube babies. Great. Now I'll never be able to sleep at night.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#118875 Jul 25, 2014
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it would fall under the drug part of FDA an be considered a medical procedure
Maybe some Cosmic thing too to what serves a body...

Have my thoughts on some things and the distance of evolving events, which should have been evolved by now evolved and resolved...

Life must have had it's reason to say that life's history has no meaning? For whom it so be it be that I suppose ...

By now a lot has to look at more other things eventful adventurous and daring I mean what better mood for war...

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118876 Jul 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
... Yes, anything can be argued.
And then listen to what you wrote:
DanFromSmithville wrote:
That hardly means that you have shown any way to support the existence of God...
But it does mean that it doesnt even matter if I were to show an effective way to support the existence of God!!!!!!!!!!

You will argue it any way you want to.

EVEN IF GOD HIMSELF WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF YOU IN A HUMAN FORM OR WHATEVER FORM YOU COULD PERCEIVE; YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ARGUE AROUND IT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 3 min stacked and proud 8,824
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 5 min stacked and proud 8,107
Weird Forum Daily AA Meeting 6 min stacked and proud 7
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 min stacked and proud 19,591
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min stacked and proud 32,153
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min SweLL GirL 190,917
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 20 min its me daisy 6,124
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr SweLL GirL 2,378
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr SweLL GirL 144,841
More from around the web