Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199198 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118568 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>One a book written by numerous people over 100's of years, translated numerous times and ultimately assembled by people. It is flawed to the point that taking it literally is a fools exercise.
I know which one you will pick, but that is on faith alone and not any evidence.
An apple by any other name is still what it is.

Blend it, bake it, roast it, boil it.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118569 Jul 18, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words: shut up, don't think too much ... and if you won't comply we will kill you, like in the good old days of theocracy, ban you or put you in some dungeon.
You poor thing.

I almost feel sorry for you.

No seriously, I 'm touched.

*lights cigarette*

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118570 Jul 18, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only answer for myself. But as an agnostic, is the LACK of evidence FOR a god compels me.
Evidence is not the problem, your personal dispositions are.

...just because we DONT have evidence that Mr. A killed Mr.B, doesnt mean he didnt do it nor was not involved. And just because you arrive to see Mr. A pulling a knife from the dead body of Mr. B doesnt mean Mr. A killed him...

So even after all the evidence is presented; it is YOU that decide what you are willing to believe.

It is YOU that decide what will convince you.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118571 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I actually do know of principles: 1+2 = 3.
<quoted text>
Mankind daily, momentarily experiences the influences of God; thus we can describe Gods existence to that degree.
Will you never arrive at that point?
Yes, I know 1+2=3, but that doesn't show the existence of God.

Just belief. Not evidence.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118572 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
YOur opinion is yours to have and to hold...
So is yours, but you keep coming back and sharing.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118573 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know that not every god holds up to scrutiny.
I make reference to The God in the Bible because he/it has proved valid and real despite scrutiny.
Why do you make reference to Allah and the Qu'ran?
Does he/they/it prove valid despite your scrutiny?
It has because you say it has. That isn't validity. It is your opinion based on your belief. You have yet to support your claims.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118574 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
An apple by any other name is still what it is.
Blend it, bake it, roast it, boil it.
You like the indirect, non-answers so that you don't have to come out and say what you mean. That is usually a red flag for bullshit.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118575 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because you are a dunce.
What other people say has implications for the reality in which they live.
So even if there is no such thing as what people describe, you can still evaluate the conditions under which what they describe will be possible.
The power of logic is such that you do not need to know THAT to know IF.
<quoted text>
More circular reasoning. How do you know that I don't know? Are you using some sort of evidence that leads you to believe I don't know?
And yet, I haven't felt compelled to make death threats. Of course gotten my ass handed to me like you have.

You have convinced yourself that this shit means something, but either you have something you can't explain, or more likely it is just meaningless shit to support a belief.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118576 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor thing.
I almost feel sorry for you.
No seriously, I 'm touched.
*lights cigarette*
Oh, here we go again. You have unleashed your phallic symbol again. Are death threats to follow? I feel sorry for you and more sorry for the people that have to deal directly with you.

When you start posting the cigarette bullshit, I know that any pretense you had to an argument is over. It is mountain of manure time. You really are a sad, displaced person that you have to resort to such childish tactics.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118577 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
An apple by any other name is still what it is.
Blend it, bake it, roast it, boil it.
Hand of God. Idiot. You are right.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#118578 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>What honesty!!!

Who would have thought you were capable of it?

What do you think about Jesu/s?
Despite your ineffectual attempt at an insult, I will not yet respond in kind.

I cannot recall knowingly posting an untrue statement. If you have a question as to one of my posts please pointed out to me, so I can follow-up.

Regarding the life of Jesus, it's a wonderful story. I only wish more people actually followed His teachings.

The sad truth is nobody was there during Jesus's life to document His actions and words while he lived.

All the books of the New Testament were written long after the death of Jesus. Generationsn after.

Most scholars do accept that Jesus actually did exist but the claim of his divinity is up to debate.

But again, the story of Jesus is one of a caring, loving human being, and I wish more people would follow His teachings.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#118579 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt support the stance that there is no God neither.
Which brings us to the point I have been waiting to get to:
How do you justify agnosticism/atheism; with evidence?
Is it logic that compels agnosticism and/or atheism?
Neither agnosticism nor atheism is supported 'with evidence'.

A + gnosis means there is no evidence for the existence of gods.(without knowledge)
A + theos means there is no evidence for the existence of gods.(without gods)

So, without knowledge means people don't know if gods exist or don't.
Without gods means people are not going to waste time wondering about it.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118580 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is not the problem, your personal dispositions are.
...just because we DONT have evidence that Mr. A killed Mr.B, doesnt mean he didnt do it nor was not involved. And just because you arrive to see Mr. A pulling a knife from the dead body of Mr. B doesnt mean Mr. A killed him...
So even after all the evidence is presented; it is YOU that decide what you are willing to believe.
It is YOU that decide what will convince you.
And yet, no evidence so far. And none ever likely to be presented if you stay true to your abysmal form.

Wow, you have discovered something we all learn growing up. We have a choice. You do not understand how underwhelming your revelation is.

To sum it up. You believe in God, but God is not anthropomorphic, though you promote that idea through your name. You don't have evidence of God, but God exists because you just know. So far, your only attempt at evidence was to demonstrate your elementary skill level at math. You make a lot of claims but have nothing to support those claims but your belief. Only special people can know God and they can't talk about it. Is this Fight Club? It boils down to what we have been saying all along. It is belief and not science. I shouldn't forget that you are extremely, highly subjective, but we should ignore that bias and accept without question that you are right.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118581 Jul 18, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite your ineffectual attempt at an insult, I will not yet respond in kind.
I cannot recall knowingly posting an untrue statement. If you have a question as to one of my posts please pointed out to me, so I can follow-up.
Regarding the life of Jesus, it's a wonderful story. I only wish more people actually followed His teachings.
The sad truth is nobody was there during Jesus's life to document His actions and words while he lived.
All the books of the New Testament were written long after the death of Jesus. Generationsn after.
Most scholars do accept that Jesus actually did exist but the claim of his divinity is up to debate.
But again, the story of Jesus is one of a caring, loving human being, and I wish more people would follow His teachings.
Could you imagine someone with HOG's arrogance, anger and courage in the role of Christ.
Randy

Frankfurt, Germany

#118582 Jul 18, 2014
This is a good fight

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#118583 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I actually do know of principles: 1+2 = 3.
<quoted text>
Mankind daily, momentarily experiences the influences of God; thus we can describe Gods existence to that degree.
Will you never arrive at that point?
Most of us will not arrive to the point of mindless jibber jabber until we are quite senile.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#118584 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I know 1+2=3, but that doesn't show the existence of God.
Just belief. Not evidence.
You believe 1 + 2 = 3.

The only one who knows 1 + 2 = 3 is polymath. The rest of us just take his word for it.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118585 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It has because you say it has. That isn't validity. It is your opinion based on your belief. You have yet to support your claims.
ANYTHING CAN BE ARGUED TO BE AN OPINION BASED ON BELEIFS:

Your ideas of scientific fact may be argued to be opinions based on what you believe evidence is or what you believe the evidence proves/suggests.

You decide what will convince you.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118586 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is not the problem, your personal dispositions are.
...just because we DONT have evidence that Mr. A killed Mr.B, doesnt mean he didnt do it nor was not involved. And just because you arrive to see Mr. A pulling a knife from the dead body of Mr. B doesnt mean Mr. A killed him...
So even after all the evidence is presented; it is YOU that decide what you are willing to believe.
It is YOU that decide what will convince you.
Well, nothing you have said convinces me you know anything game changing.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#118587 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
ANYTHING CAN BE ARGUED TO BE AN OPINION BASED ON BELEIFS:
Your ideas of scientific fact may be argued to be opinions based on what you believe evidence is or what you believe the evidence proves/suggests.
You decide what will convince you.
Wow. You are getting a little hot under the collar.

Sure they can be argued. So what. At least their is evidence there. Not like your, believe what I tell you, it is a slam dunk, even though I can't properly explain it or support it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blind Dog With Oozing Sore Wins World's Ugliest... 7 min Mullahing It Over 8
Post any FOUR words 10 min CJ Rocker 933
2words into 2new words (May '12) 10 min Sharlene45 2,175
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 11 min CJ Rocker 2,587
News Man driving motorcycle in dark hits black cow a... 12 min Mullahing It Over 2
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 13 min CJ Rocker 13,547
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min wichita-rick 192,739
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 39 min Jack 7,416
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 3 hr razz58 7,192
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 hr Mega Monster 56,765
More from around the web