Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205064 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#118528 Jul 18, 2014
HOG_ the Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question:
Whereas the attributes associated with God are observable, there is no reason not to believe.
The universe only looks and acts like there is no God, when:
a) the idea of "God" is undefined and
b) when the attributes associated with God are false.
And judging from the attributes you listed, I wouldn't believe there was a God if thats all it/he/she was neither.
What is the right definition? Don't tell me, let me guess. Yours. How do you know what attributes aren't associated with God?

Your system basically provides no answers or you can apply any answer you wish even against evidence. So we are right back to where we started. Thanks for the ride.

Level 9

into the night.

#118529 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
So how did you jump from "we must establish the nature of God" to "But since we cant test for God"?
What priciple associated with God cant you test for; what principle identified by God himself/itself/herself?
How do we KNOW that God does not exist?
Lack of evidence?
LOL!
...or Should I say "OINK!"?
So you don't have any answers for my questions. You can just say that, you know.

You must be in HOG heaven to have the attention the attention you are getting.

Level 9

into the night.

#118530 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
All mankind can hope to form of reality as it relates to knowledge of reality; are ideas.
Didnt you hear?
Even the most scientific report is subjective!
HOW/WHY:
Because our experiences of reality are subject to our bodies and teh instruments we use to measure the reality.
Scientific method is merely an attempt to get a more accurate idea.
So is the idea of God different than the reality of God?

Science does more than any other human endeavor to minimize the subjectivity of its work. I would prefer to go with that than your version of "I don't know shit", but listen to what I have to say. You being a subjective hog and all.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#118531 Jul 18, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not ask for proof of god. That is a creatard mistake, I asked for evidence. Why haven't you posted any evidence for god?
But if (the) evidence is not proof; what is its function?

Evidence is requested by subjects who are interested in either one of two outcomes (true/false).

Which outcome are you interested in?
Subduction Zone wrote:
No it doesn't. That is a mere observation. Or perhaps a better observation would be I have not ever observed any objective evidence for the existence of god. I have never met anyone that could show any objective evidence for god. My conclusion: There is no evidence for the existence of god..
Which particular God are you referring to; the God that you KNOW?

Your prejudice stinks so bad, I can smell it from here.

If you have not observed any objective evidence for God, it suggests that the God does not demonstrate those characteristics or qualities.

IT DOES NOT PROVE THAT THE PARTICULAR GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

Thats logic.
Subduction Zone wrote:
I don't give a shit of what Jesus said.
Then go f**k yourself!

We as Christians hold that Jesus has the most accurate description of the nature of God.

So if you dont care what he says; you have no business in any conversations which involve what he said.
Subduction Zone wrote:
...Yes, that shows there was no Adam and Eve. Do you want the evidence for the lack of a population bottle neck? You can check out some of the references at the bottom of the article on bottlenecks. What sort of evidence do you want? Do you want it explained to you so that you can understand why we know Adam and Eve to be a myth?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT "ADAM" AND "EVE" MEAN IN THE CONTEXT THE BIBLE USES THEM IN?

Go f**k yourself with that bottle-neck.

Level 9

into the night.

#118532 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
So how did you jump from "we must establish the nature of God" to "But since we cant test for God"?
What priciple associated with God cant you test for; what principle identified by God himself/itself/herself?
How do we KNOW that God does not exist?
Lack of evidence?
LOL!
...or Should I say "OINK!"?
I am just using your words. I don't know of any principles and neither do you.

I don't know that God doesn't exist and have never made the claim that God doesn't.

Is there ever going to be a point where you arrive at a point?

Location hidden

#118533 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>God is detectable to only special people, but they can't say how? Then how do you know? You are special, but not in any way that grants you divine audience. How do you know that you don't just think you know?
BECAUSE 1+2 = 3

Location hidden

#118534 Jul 18, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your definition of God?
What attributes is he supposed to have?
So far all you have done is to gainsay what others have claimed. You have offered no evidence to back up your claims or beliefs.
Go to the Bible and read:

1. what people have said about God

2. what people have said God said

3. what the one who claims to know God personally has said

4. what is Gods name (which embodies the description of his attribute/s)

WHY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118535 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Evidence is requested by subjects who are interested in either one of two outcomes (true/false).
That is a dodge on your part at the best. If you do not know the purpose of evidence then you should not be having this debate.

As to evidence of God I will take anything that you have. Evidence for or evidence against. You are the one making a positive claim Where is your evidence that supports that claim And claims that are hand waved in can be hand waved out. Bye!!!

<quoted text>
If you have not observed any objective evidence for God, it suggests that the God does not demonstrate those characteristics or qualities.
Thats logic.
<quoted text>
Then go f**k yourself!
We as Christians hold that Jesus has the most accurate description of the nature of God.
So if you dont care what he says; you have no business in any conversations which involve what he said.
<quoted text>
I love it, You have admitted that you are clearly wrong. A simple fact of observable nature and you go off of the deep end.

I am willing to back up my claims with evidence. More evidence than has been submitted for the clearest of murder trials. Meanwhile you have nothing.

Level 9

into the night.

#118536 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
BECAUSE 1+2 = 3
So you have no idea. You do know, you can just say that?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118537 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
WHY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT?
Nope, I am not going to do your homework for you.

Besides the Bible can be translated in so many different ways that it is practically worthless. It has been used to both support and oppose slavery, capital punishment, oppression of women.

You name the subject the Bible can be shown to be on both sides of it.

Location hidden

#118538 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So is the idea of God different than the reality of God?
Gee, I dont know...

Lets see:

Is reality dependent on what we think it is or measure it to be?

If a tree falls when there is no one around; does it still make a sound while falling?
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Science does more than any other human endeavor to MINIMIZE the subjectivity of its work.
While your remark is such, you have agreed that such data, info and "facts" are of a subjective nature.

As such... nag about something else. Like why you insist on being an agnostic pu$$y-hole or an atheist khunt.

Level 9

into the night.

#118539 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
WHY TAKE MY WORD FOR IT?
None of those things can tell us anything but what another thinks describes God. We still know nothing about God and neither do you.

I wouldn't accept your word, because of the way you behave for one thing. I am not known for accepting the word of one that has made death threats because they were bested in an argument. Another is that you talk in circles. You post a lot, but those posts really are just attacks, rants and recapitulations of what you posted previously. You say one thing and do another (i.e. God is not anthropomorphic, but you are the Hand of God). I can go on, but you get the point. Your subjectivity is more extreme than that which you preach against.

Level 9

into the night.

#118540 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thats logic.
<quoted text>
Then go f**k yourself!
<quoted text>
Looks like SZ struck a nerve. I think that smell you are smelling is coming from behind you.

Location hidden

#118541 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am just using your words. I don't know of any principles and neither do you.
Yes I actually do know of principles: 1+2 = 3.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
I don't know that God doesn't exist and have never made the claim that God doesn't.
Is there ever going to be a point where you arrive at a point?
Mankind daily, momentarily experiences the influences of God; thus we can describe Gods existence to that degree.

Will you never arrive at that point?
TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118542 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
So what caused natural selection?
What did natural selection evolve from?
Natural selection is caused by:
- infections
- the presence of predators preying
- climatic stress
- the difficulties in providing food
- competition by species aiming for the same food supplies
- competition within the species itself (quarrels about food)
- selective pressure by the opposite sex (males competing about females)
- long lasting natural disasters
- etc....
..... basically everything that affects the survival and reproduction chances of a population within a species within the habitat of that population.

Natural selection already is observed in PRE-BIOTIC conditions. It already happens in self replicating strains of RNA at the biochemical level. It already is a biochemical property of RNA molecules without life even at stake.

Location hidden

#118543 Jul 18, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
...I am willing to back up my claims with evidence. More evidence than has been submitted for the clearest of murder trials. Meanwhile you have nothing.
...we know that just because we DONT have evidence that Mr. A killed Mr.B, doesnt mean he didnt do it nor was not involved.

And just because you arrive to see Mr. A pulling a knife from the dead body of Mr. B doesnt mean Mr. A killed him...

As long as you are unwilling to accept a thing; there will always be a way to argue around it.

Why should I waste my time?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118544 Jul 18, 2014
Let's look at another Genesis myth that HOG ignored. Population Bottlenecks also disprove Noah's Flood. At the most you had a population of eight people at the end of the Flood. Again population bottlenecks prove that there was no flood. A local flood only gets rid of local people. It does not solve the problem of evil people.

There are other pieces of evidence that show there was no Flood, but we can stick with bottlenecks for now.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#118545 Jul 18, 2014
Tree do make a noise in the forest when no one is around:

Location hidden

#118546 Jul 18, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I am not going to do your homework for you.
Besides the Bible can be translated in so many different ways that it is practically worthless.
Does the failure to form a specific interpretation of the Bible immediately suggest that IT is worthless, or that YOU are incompetent?
Subduction Zone wrote:
It has been used to both support and oppose slavery, capital punishment, oppression of women.
You name the subject the Bible can be shown to be on both sides of it.
That has nothing to do with the question of Creation vs Evolution.

Location hidden

#118547 Jul 18, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>None of those things can tell us anything but what another thinks describes God.
But that should tell you something.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
We still know nothing about God and neither do you.
A thief says I dont know where it is; but is he indeed telling the truth?

Does my inability or otherwise refusal to tell you mean that I dont know?
DanFromSmithville wrote:
I wouldn't accept your word...
Exactly.

So whats the point in telling you what I know?

If you honestly wanted to know; you would have known by yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 min blackheart___ 197,616
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Mila Beaujolais 19,833
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 30 min Calisportsgirl 5,183
One Word (Jan '09) 31 min Calisportsgirl 17,112
Word Association (Mar '10) 32 min Calisportsgirl 21,116
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 35 min wichita-rick 4,305
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 36 min Grace Nerissa 2,410
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr former smoker 33,254
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Northbound 59,844
News Couple claims dog murdered over Clinton sign 5 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 42
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 7 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 8,858
More from around the web