Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118332 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Get an education on this, there was no England, until the Saxons, etc, set their foot on BRITAIN. Do your research. If that is clear, you can know where English began.
Yes I said this before myself.

For the rest: we are talking here about LANGUAGE, not ethnicity.
OFF TOPIC, IRRELEVANT post.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118333 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No evidence of English origin in those places you mentioned. I have shown it to you that the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, were also the ones that went to BRITAIN and named that part of BRITAIN, ENGLAND. until you understand that, more of your rambling.
Do some research on ANGLELAND.
Oh boy, now it's getting all geometrical.

Hey Chuck! Dodecohedrons own English!

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118334 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are tramp and a dimwit. ENGLISH began or started in England. There was no England until the Saxons and other tribes came. Pointing the direction to some countries that are not even native to English, is malicious and embarrassing.
IRRELEVANT POST because not addressing the things I said and we are not talking her eabout ethnicity but of LANGUAGE.

English started not in England because the language called Old-English was spoken by the Germanic tribes who migrated to nowadays England long before that migration, when they still were living in nowadays Denmark and northern Germany. PERIOD.
they brought Anglo-Saxon with them. And Old-English, spoken until the 10th century WAS Anglo-Saxon. PERIOD.

You have nothing to add but irrelevant tattles.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#118335 Jul 17, 2014
wondering wrote:
the funniest thing i see here is in the judging. subduction zone, danthedic, turakaboy and several other regs have claimed that the judge-its are a sign of weakness from the judgers and an admission of loss and weakness is what giving negative judge-its mean. if that is the case then i must be hell on wheels because i get them from the same said idiots all the time. LMMFAO!
Ah shaddap, Wonder Woman.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#118337 Jul 17, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to stop reading fundie websites.
Are you saying these are fabricated? If so where is your evidence?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118338 Jul 17, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Find us something from a creationist website that is not riddled with lies and errors.

Creationists avoid peer review like the plague. In fact some sites have gone so far as to create their own bogus "peer review".

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#118339 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Point of correction, English started in England, using British isles simply means all the nations that makes up the island. And again, the Anglo Saxons are the same as the English people.
Point of correction, Old English started in Northern Europe and fed into the land of the Angles (England through Scotland).

Using the British Isles simply means that the land mass, the surrounding islands and part of Ireland are British. Most people living in England (including the Government)

Note the word Anglo – not Englo. Anglo Saxon from Saxons who inhabited the land of the Angles (Scotland, England and Wales)

Also note, the language began to develop at least 100 years before the first usage of the word England was even thought of. The very word England was not used until around 900ad in the southern part of what is now called England and was not a country wide nom de plume until around 1500. The language was on its middle usage by then

Level 6

#118340 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Pooh.
Wipe you back side afterwards

Level 6

#118341 Jul 17, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The only speaking British nation is England others are not. Until you understand that, more of your garbage.
So the Scots, the Welsh, The Irish do not speak English – yeah right, sure I have had problems understanding some accents (Brummie, Scouse, Glaswegian, old Yorkshire) but they are still English

Honey I do not want to understand your wet dream stories because I much prefer reality to delusion fantasy.

Level 6

#118342 Jul 17, 2014
wondering wrote:
wow i have not one but two stalkers following me from thread to thread. dan and sub follow me like a lost goats. LMFAO
I believe that both Dan and SZ have been on these thread far longer than you but if yopu delusions help you sleep at night that’s OK

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#118343 Jul 17, 2014
wondering wrote:
the funniest thing i see here is in the judging. subduction zone, danthedic, turakaboy and several other regs have claimed that the judge-its are a sign of weakness from the judgers and an admission of loss and weakness is what giving negative judge-its mean. if that is the case then i must be hell on wheels because i get them from the same said idiots all the time. LMMFAO!
I have made no such claim about the judging icons. I don't recall anyone else making such statements either. There has only been one person that has consistently had issues with the judging icons and I haven't seen them on for a while.

It is trivial, but your statement regarding me is a lie.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#118344 Jul 17, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that considers these things. Show us they are real.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118345 Jul 17, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am saying these are fabricated. Here's what you posted:
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are human artefacts dug out of coal beds all the time. These beds as supposedly millions of years old, yet I have yet to see an article explaining this common phenomenon.
The fact that this has been going on for probably decades and it is swept under the rug, lends fuel to those(like me) who doubt the ages we are told of the strata. Isn't it obvious that those coal beds aren't millions of years old?
If these beds are off by millions of years, why should I believe some other layer of strata is millions of years old?
You give no references, no evidence, no anything except your say-so.

You've made the claims. Where is YOUR evidence??????????

Level 9

founded in facts.

#118346 Jul 17, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
The judge-its are a sign of humor and intelligence. I personally do not give negative judge-its. I haven't given a single one since my beginning on Topix. But if I were to issue my first, it would most likely go to you.
I just judged you positively on this.

I use them, but I run out of steam after a while. I really don't make an effort to sustain using the judge it icons, but when you get confirmation that it has had an effect, it helps.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118347 Jul 17, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have made no such claim about the judging icons. I don't recall anyone else making such statements either. There has only been one person that has consistently had issues with the judging icons and I haven't seen them on for a while.
It is trivial, but your statement regarding me is a lie.
I did agree with replaytime that the use of judgeits by anonymous people was rather pathetic. Of course that was rather ironic since replaytime has a whole drawerful of sockpuppets that he used at the drop of a hat.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#118348 Jul 17, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I did agree with replaytime that the use of judgeits by anonymous people was rather pathetic. Of course that was rather ironic since replaytime has a whole drawerful of sockpuppets that he used at the drop of a hat.
That is the person to whom I was referring that seemed to take special issue with the judging icons. I don't think it is pathetic to leave them, but I never made any statements about them to wondering or others that wondering is claiming. He conveniently makes things up in his attacks, but it is no surprise since that is all he has left after his arguments quickly collapse.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#118349 Jul 17, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It is ironic.
messianic114

Calgary, Canada

#118351 Jul 17, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Find us something from a creationist website that is not riddled with lies and errors.
Creationists avoid peer review like the plague. In fact some sites have gone so far as to create their own bogus "peer review".
This is dodging the question and not giving any evidence that the claims are false.
Secondly you say they avoid peer reviews and then out of the other side of your mouth you say the peer reviews they do have are biased. Isn't it up to you to produce evidence that these artefacts are not genuine?
Thirdly you have to submit a paper to be accepted for peer review. I personally know a geologist you wanted to submit a paper on rock found in the grand Canyon which was refused because it contradicted assumptions about rock formation at the site. So you can't even say they avoid peer review when in fact they are being censored.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118352 Jul 17, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence is in the creationist web sites themselves. They lie to you and you lie to yourself. Your mind is made up (or fabricated, as you prefer) and nothing anyone else says is going to be good enough or godly enough to sway you from that course.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118353 Jul 17, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is dodging the question and not giving any evidence that the claims are false.
Secondly you say they avoid peer reviews and then out of the other side of your mouth you say the peer reviews they do have are biased. Isn't it up to you to produce evidence that these artefacts are not genuine?
Thirdly you have to submit a paper to be accepted for peer review. I personally know a geologist you wanted to submit a paper on rock found in the grand Canyon which was refused because it contradicted assumptions about rock formation at the site. So you can't even say they avoid peer review when in fact they are being censored.
Creation.com cites a 1920's spark plug with concretion around it as being "proof" the geological record is all wrong. Would you care to reveal just what your geologist friend was proposing? Something about the Tapeats and Redwall layers and a global flood, perhaps? Do you have any inkling why your (very probably creatard crackpot) geologist might not be taken seriously?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Kevin 25,720
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min _hellbilly_ 152,516
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Jennifer Renee 7,583
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 12 min Sublime1 13,585
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 14 min Harrison Freebird 1,547
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 19 min dragoon70056 2,876
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 25 min Just TLC 6,874
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 1 hr Princess Hey 239
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr Princess Hey 334
Is it possible to....... 7 hr CJ Rocker 578