Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“What can I do to get the Topix”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

cops upset?

#118166 Jul 15, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are human artefacts dug out of coal beds all the time. These beds as supposedly millions of years old, yet I have yet to see an article explaining this common phenomenon.
The fact that this has been going on for probably decades and it is swept under the rug, lends fuel to those(like me) who doubt the ages we are told of the strata. Isn't it obvious that those coal beds aren't millions of years old?
If these beds are off by millions of years, why should I believe some other layer of strata is millions of years old?
I'll explain it to you. They are not dug out of coal beds all the time. They are fake or stories with no evidence to back them up. Seriously, I have no doubt that you buy into it. It always cracks me up when people won't accept tested and confirmed science, but if I tell them I dug up a 440 Magnum from a coal bed, it would be all over the internet in 15 minutes.

Level 9

cops upset?

#118167 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i would call it the fundies getting slaughtered. more like they get tired of the iidiot jack wagons disrespect, name calling, ranting, belittling, whining and demands but not meeting demands when put back upon them.
and yes i did look up ranting fits,,, you are the poster child for that.
Again, I have ask questions of you and requested you back up what you posted and you never have so if you don't mind could STFU.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118168 Jul 15, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Individuals do not change. If your genome changes during your lifetime you are taking damage.
Genetics changes from generation to generation, not within individuals. An individual must procreate and pass on its genes in order to continue evolution. If it can't, evolution stops at the end of that lineage. Hence populations evolve, not individuals.
but then again what do i know. i see that a circle is one dimensional, i see the bible was poorly translated, i don't "believe" in evolution but i "support" evolution, i don't compare the knowledge of 5000 years ago to today's knowledge and call them wrong in what they were thinking at the time, i don't see creationists as stupid but i see them as naive and holding to their faith(fear of change), i see man/science does not know near as much as we think we do, i see that many times here in the forum/thread that shown points will be battled with a strawman argument just for the sake of arguing and finally making the person or people just say fck it and leave. we all see things differently and most of the regs here only see things one way, their way and that is that and the other regs will even back up a reg when he is clearly wrong.
i see much more but what is the point of saying what i see when it doesn't matter.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118169 Jul 15, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I have ask questions of you and requested you back up what you posted and you never have so if you don't mind could STFU.
if you can't wait your turn then what post jackass wagon? now i will not respond until you post it again.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118170 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
let me put this as simply as i can. technically we have evolved and it has been observed in the last 500 years. take a look around you at today's teenagers. both male and female are taller and built better than teenagers of 500 years ago. call it better food, call it better medicine, call it better science, call it what ever you like but the teens of today have evolved and are different from the teens of 500 years ago.
You are not using the word "evolution" in a correct way here.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118171 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
here is an interesting article on some. it states the possibility that the bible and science might both be at error "could it be, however, that conventional science is just as mistaken as the bible stories? "
The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts
http://ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp...
their conclusion: what are we to make of these finds? there are several possibilities:
Intelligent humans date back much, much further than we realize.
Other intelligent beings and civilizations existed on earth far beyond our recorded history.
Our dating methods are completely inaccurate, and that stone, coal and fossils form much more rapidly than we now estimate.
There is another explanation: fraud, fantasy and flaws.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#118172 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
here is an interesting article on some. it states the possibility that the bible and science might both be at error "could it be, however, that conventional science is just as mistaken as the bible stories? "
The 10 Most Puzzling Ancient Artifacts
http://ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp...
their conclusion: what are we to make of these finds? there are several possibilities:
Intelligent humans date back much, much further than we realize.
Other intelligent beings and civilizations existed on earth far beyond our recorded history.
Our dating methods are completely inaccurate, and that stone, coal and fossils form much more rapidly than we now estimate.
There's a third possibility, you jump on the bandwagon with a bunch of conspiracy fruit basket cases.
Anyway, science admits it's wrong sometimes and corrects the flaw.
Bible believers cover it up and add more bull puckey.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118173 Jul 15, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not using the word "evolution" in a correct way here.
evolution is change. evolution does not have to be from species to species. evolution is change in the population and the human population has changed in the last 500 years and the teens are a good, but simple example of that. even 300 years ago for a young woman to be over 6 foot and well built was not that common and now they are everywhere. even 300 years ago for a young man to be 6 foot 3 and over 200 lbs and well built was not that common and now they are everywhere. just look around you.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118174 Jul 15, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another explanation: fraud, fantasy and flaws.
i think it holds some truth. not sure yet how much though. i would have to research those 10 things and go from there. but jumping to conclusions seems to be your strongest point.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118175 Jul 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There's a third possibility, you jump on the bandwagon with a bunch of conspiracy fruit basket cases.
Anyway, science admits it's wrong sometimes and corrects the flaw.
Bible believers cover it up and add more bull puckey.
i am not interesting in the battle you all have between bible thumpers and science freaks. both are to crazy for their cause. i think it holds some truth. not sure yet how much though. i would have to research those 10 things and go from there.

Level 9

cops upset?

#118176 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
if you can't wait your turn then what post jackass wagon? now i will not respond until you post it again.
Yes, of course you won't because that is how you are going to get out of this. You are going to claim that I never made such requests because I can't bring them up. I will keep making this claim and you will keep denying it. Then I will link the posts after sufficient time. It works real well that you aren't man enough to admit your failure.
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118177 Jul 15, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course you won't because that is how you are going to get out of this. You are going to claim that I never made such requests because I can't bring them up. I will keep making this claim and you will keep denying it. Then I will link the posts after sufficient time. It works real well that you aren't man enough to admit your failure.
yo do your own leg work, find it and post it and we will go from there. i am not going back to look for a post i may have missed since you are such a jackass wagon about it. comprende amigo?
Shockalocka

Clarksburg, WV

#118178 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>let me put this as simply as i can. technically we have evolved and it has been observed in the last 500 years. take a look around you at today's teenagers. both male and female are taller and built better than teenagers of 500 years ago. call it better food, call it better medicine, call it better science, call it what ever you like but the teens of today have evolved and are different from the teens of 500 years ago.
Yeah hormones.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118179 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
let me put this as simply as i can. technically we have evolved and it has been observed in the last 500 years. take a look around you at today's teenagers. both male and female are taller and built better than teenagers of 500 years ago. call it better food, call it better medicine, call it better science, call it what ever you like but the teens of today have evolved and are different from the teens of 500 years ago.
Sorry, though humanity arose through the process of evolution the changes you are talking about are not evolutionary ones. Evolution is a change in the alleles of a population. The changes you are talking about came about from better diets and better health care, not a change in genetics.

In fact a massive change in size can be observed in both the populations of Japan after WWII, and South Korea after the Korean war. Asian people are no longer short and with bad teeth. All of a sudden Japan's average height is getting close to the U.S.'s average height.

Level 9

cops upset?

#118180 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yo do your own leg work, find it and post it and we will go from there. i am not going back to look for a post i may have missed since you are such a jackass wagon about it. comprende amigo?
You know you aren't going to address it, why bother lying. I guess it isn't any less than I should expect from you. This all coming from a guy that railed on and on and on about a post he misread. How many posts did you waste on that Sheila?
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#118181 Jul 15, 2014
funny, i see this thread often here on weird.

~Oz
wondering

Sunset, TX

#118182 Jul 15, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You know you aren't going to address it, why bother lying. I guess it isn't any less than I should expect from you. This all coming from a guy that railed on and on and on about a post he misread. How many posts did you waste on that Sheila?
look jackass wagon! post it or quit your sissyass whining. i miss read that post? funny one of the smartest persons on this forum, polymath, read it the same way i did. it is not my fault you are too much of an idiot jackass wagon that does not even know enough to realize that there was a mistake/error in that post. why don't you stick to NOT responding to me as you said,,.especially since your posts are meaningless and worthless.

Level 9

cops upset?

#118183 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
look jackass wagon! post it or quit your sissyass whining. i miss read that post? funny one of the smartest persons on this forum, polymath, read it the same way i did. it is not my fault you are too much of an idiot jackass wagon that does not even know enough to realize that there was a mistake/error in that post. why don't you stick to NOT responding to me as you said,,.especially since your posts are meaningless and worthless.
Wow, you will just bite on anything won't you. I wonder how long I can keep you coming back and crying about this?

There was no error. It could be read two different ways. I can't help it that the breadth of you knowledge is limited to stop n go. Anyway, I wasn't referring to this particular point. You have failed to answer many previous questions or requests I have made and then have the gall to point your finger at others and say the same. You are too dumb to have a wagon.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#118184 Jul 15, 2014
Shockalocka wrote:
This is more simple than some want to believe. If ppl evolve explain the last 2000 plus years. Surly something would have changed. In that time period ppl have traveled all around the world. Please explain?
Tinka, would you please explain this to our new friend?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#118185 Jul 15, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be upset cupcake. i am not just another robot to society as you are.
Lol, douchebag. You've been revealed. Time to pack it up, or change the user name again. But thanks for the Cupcake compliment. It's got a nice ring to it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 4 min Hatti_Hollerand 312
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 8 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,203
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Shaddup 38,646
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 23 min -Lea- 28,841
last word - first (Jun '12) 23 min Ysmay_Wyldcharm 7,377
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 25 min Red_Forman 7,129
I Haven't Had____? In ages (Sep '12) 25 min Ysmay_Wyldcharm 1,014
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 155,551
did tally have a stroke 2 hr Chilli J 34
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 3 hr modhippie1 848