Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223190 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#118270 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The only speaking British nation is England others are not. Until you understand that, more of your garbage.
WTF is a "only speaking British nation"?
Are there other British nations that do not speak?
Or should it be the "only British speaking nation"?

In the last case, you are - again - wrong.
The word "British" refers to the Celtic inheritance of Britain.
The "British" languages are Celtic languages. These include Welsh, Cornish (extinct) and Breton. Breton is spoken in Brittany, France. It is spoken by former immigrants from England, who escaped the Anglo-Saxon conquest.

Hence, England is not the only nation where "British" languages are spoken.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#118271 Jul 16, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Point of correction, English started in England, using British isles simply means all the nations that makes up the island. And again, the Anglo Saxons are the same as the English people.
No, English language started in Denmark and northern Germany.
As explained SEVERAL TIMES now and left UNADDRESSED by you.

The Anglo-Saxon people are historically NOT the same as the English people.
VERY EXPLICITLY N O T.
Nowadays English peoples are descendants from:
1) Celtic people, the Britons, HENCE the "second" name "Britain"
2) Angles, Saxons and Jutes, immigrants from areas of nowadays Denmark and northern Germany, which brought Anglo-Saxon (AKA Old-English) with them
3) the Romans who stayed after the retreat of the Roman army in 426
4) immigrants from Scandinavia (Vikings)
5) immigrant from France (Normandy) who spoke early French but actually were a mix of the former Celtic Gaulish inhabitants from France and Germanic tribes (hence NORmandy)
6) Irish Goidelic speaking immigrants (Goidelic is also a Celtic language but of another branch than Briton, the main dialect current Gàidhlig or Gaelic).

You are wrong about EVERYTHING your muddled head produces.
wondering

Morris, OK

#118272 Jul 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've never researched any of these "anomalies" beyond what you've read there. Let's take you Coso Artifact, the spark plug. What they found was a concretion not a geode. And a fair common occurrence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concretion
"Experts estimated that it should have taken about 500,000 years for this fossil-encrusted nodule to form..." What experts?
I got a couple of experts for you:
http://ncse.com/rncse/24/2/coso-artifact
The dating isn't flawed, your blind acceptance of new-age woo-woo is.
obviously you are correct that i have not researched them. and obviously you did not read my other post below that where i said "i think it holds some truth. not sure yet how much though. i would have to research those 10 things and go from there."

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#118273 Jul 16, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously you are correct that i have not researched them. and obviously you did not read my other post below that where i said "i think it holds some truth. not sure yet how much though. i would have to research those 10 things and go from there."
I read and answer posts in the order that they are in but, no, I didn't notice your later post. In any event, you seem to agree that further research would be a good idea.
wondering

Morris, OK

#118274 Jul 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I read and answer posts in the order that they are in but, no, I didn't notice your later post. In any event, you seem to agree that further research would be a good idea.
agreed.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#118275 Jul 16, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed.
Hell freezes over.
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#118276 Jul 16, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Charles, is this ALL you can discuss? Why not just state that English was created by GOD and leave it at that?
But since you claim to be an expert on languages, riddle me this - what language does your Bible claim was spoken by Adam and Eve?
I think most scholars say it might have been the Hebrew language, which is known today as a member of the Northwest Semitic Canaanite language.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118277 Jul 16, 2014
fatbacks x wrote:
And the creator is glorfied for all this B S. And pays no taxes to boot.
You can't pay any taxes if you don't exist.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#118278 Jul 16, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I think most scholars say it might have been the Hebrew language, which is known today as a member of the Northwest Semitic Canaanite language.
Oh no, it was proto Chinese Adam and Eve spoke.
wondering

Morris, OK

#118279 Jul 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
How illustrative you insisting on your miserable personality traits.
OFF with this SHIT.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#118280 Jul 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of one that claims it was Jacobean English and that the KJV is the only correct interpretation because of that.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#118281 Jul 16, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I think most scholars say it might have been the Hebrew language, which is known today as a member of the Northwest Semitic Canaanite language.
OK, and they were created (poof) with this language pre-burned into their ROM? So "scholars" agree that A&E appeared, middle-aged and conveniently able to communicate with a complex language? And you're OK with this?

8^o

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#118282 Jul 16, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How illustrative you insisting on your miserable personality traits.
OFF with this SHIT.
Did Turkana hit a nerve?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#118283 Jul 16, 2014
BTW, H2 is showing a documentary on the Atacama right now. Very interesting!
FREE SERVANT

Fairfax, VA

#118287 Jul 16, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and they were created (poof) with this language pre-burned into their ROM? So "scholars" agree that A&E appeared, middle-aged and conveniently able to communicate with a complex language? And you're OK with this?
8^o
Yes, I believe our Creator has the power to do this.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#118288 Jul 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell freezes over.
Unfortunately not enough.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#118289 Jul 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
BTW, H2 is showing a documentary on the Atacama right now. Very interesting!
Does the documentary have a one year resolution?

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#118290 Jul 16, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I believe our Creator has the power to do this.
Do you drive a truck?
wondering

Morris, OK

#118291 Jul 17, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately not enough.
why do you have problem with mike f and i coming to agreements. does that just get under you lizard skin and bother you that bad? get over it jackass wagon. not everyone here is as much as an idiot as you are and not everyone is here is only here to pester and annoy people as you are and do.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Happy New Year

#118292 Jul 17, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you have problem with mike f and i coming to agreements. does that just get under you lizard skin and bother you that bad? get over it jackass wagon. not everyone here is as much as an idiot as you are and not everyone is here is only here to pester and annoy people as you are and do.
Paranoid and self absorbed much? I was referring to the concept of hell and the implications of religion. Yes, I know you won't believe that because the world revolves around you, so think what you want. It is of no concern to me.

Yes, I am an idiot. I know you aren't here to pester and annoy people. You aren't here to argue. You have said this. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 min whatimeisit 18,024
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 min Look In The Mirro... 32,392
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 4 min whatimeisit 7,233
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 15 min I Am Enzo - The B... 6,746
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min Rosa 76,609
Gangsta 1 hr I Am Enzo - The B... 4
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 5 hr Rider on the Storm 2,766
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 hr wichita-rick 226,066
More from around the web